Indian Navy – Permanent Commission in Logistics Cadre 2009
- Indian Navy applications are invited from unmarried Male candidates for grant of Permanent Commission (PC) in the Logistics Cadre of Executive Branch of the Indian Navy for Course commencing Jan 2009 at Naval Academy (NAVAC) Ezhimala, Kerala.
Candidates to fulfil condition of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
- Age: 19½ to 25 years (i.e. born between 02 Jan 1984 and 01 Jul 1989; both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualification for Indian Navy – Permanent Commission Logistics Cadre 2009: A First Class Degree with minimum 60% marks in any of the following:
1. B COM
2. BA (Economics)
9. BTech / BE
10. Graduate Degree with Post Graduate Diploma / Degree in Materials Management / ICWA / Chartered Accountancy.
Note: Candidates who have not completed their Degree (i.e. appearing candidates) need not apply.
- Indian navy Phycical Standras
- Height and Weight. Minimum height 157 cms with correlated weight.
- Eye Sight. 6/36, 6/36 correctable to 6/6, 6/12 with glasses and should not be colour / night blind.
How to Apply for Indian Navy – Permanent Commission Logistics Cadre 2009
- If you meet the above requirements, apply on plain A4 size paper (typed or handwritten)in the prescribed format duly completed in all respects with superscription on the envelope “PC- Logistics Cadre – Jan 09 Course, Educational Qualification…….…Aggregate Percentage………%” are to be sent by 17 Aug 2008 to the following address:
Post Bag No, 05,
New Delhi 110001
Note: Application sent by Speed Post / Regd Post / Courier will not be accepted.
- Selection Procedure for Indian Navy – Permanent Commission Logistics Cadre 2009
- Scrutiny of applications and short listing based on percentage in degree / graduate.Navy reserves the right to fix ‘Cut Off’ % without assigning any reason.
- ‘Call up’ letters for shortlisted candidates will be issued to appear for Services Selection Board (SSB) at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore during Aug to Dec 08.
- SSB : Stage I test consists of Intelligence test, Picture Perception and Discussion test on the first day. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I test will be routed back on the same day from SSB. Stage II test ( 04 days) consists of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview.
- Medical Examination ( 03-04 days) at service hospitals for those who qualify SSB.
- Finalisation of merit list based on performance during the SSB test and clearing medical tests.
- Issue of Joining Instructions to selected candidates as per the order of merit and vacancy.
Note: 1. No compensation will be paid in respect of injury sustained as a result of test.2. Return 2nd class sleeper rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for the entry.
- Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant in Jan 09 and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Naval Academy INS Zamorin, Ezhimala, Kerala followed by professional training at various Naval Training Establishments / Units / Ships.
Full Pay and allowances are admissible to the Officers whilst undergoing training.
Terms and Condition
- You will be on a probation for 02 yrs from the date of reporting to the Naval Academy or the date of commencement of training whichever is later and on confirmation of rank of Sub Lt you will be granted Permanent Commission with retrospective effect.Any candidate found married or marries while undergoing training will be discharged. He shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him and any other expenditure incurred on him by the Goverment
Duties Of Logistics Officer
- As a Logistics Officer you will be dealing with the Logistics aspects of Men & Material for the Warships.In no other career does an Officer gets exposed to such a wide spectrum of opportunities to keep abreast of modern and latest development in the field of management & finance.
Advantage Indian Navy
- On Induction into the Indian Navy, you join the elite group of intelligent, social, disciplined and lively Naval Officers of our Country.It provides facility to pursue any sport of your liking viz Yachting, Sky diving, Para jumping, Mountaineering, Hot air ballooning, etc .
The Way of Life in the Indian Navy will make you an ‘Officer and an Gentleman’.
The Navy Offers You
- Pay & Allowance & Promotion. On reporting for training , monthly pay as per scale In addition various allowances viz Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance, CCA,‘Sea Going’ allowance, Hard lying Money, as applicable.You have opportunities to grow in service up to the rank of Vice Admiral with increase in responsibilities,stature and emoluments.
Note:Promotion from Sub Lt to Cdr is on time scale subject to fulfilment of requisite service conditions.
Thereafter you are eligible for promotion to the rank of Captain –Commodore- Rear Admiral – Vice Admiral (which are Army equivalents of Colonel – Brigadier – Major General Lieutenant General respectively) on selection basis.
- Group insurance & Gratuity. Insurance cover of 20 lakhs (on contribution) and gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in vogue.
- Leave & Leave Encashment. Officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year subject to service exigencies.Free travel for self and family. Leave encashment is permissible, as per the latest rules in vogue.
- Other Benefits. Furnished accommodation and allied services at concessional rates, entitled ration as per scale, free medical facilities for self and family.Group Housing Scheme, concessional transport facilities for school going children and Canteen facilities & study leave up to two years subject to service exigencies. House building / Car / PC loan at subsidised interest rate.
- Pensionary Benefits. Pensionary benefit such as Retiring pension / Family pension / DCRG and Ex-gratia awards etc.