Indian Navy PCO in Naval Armament Inspection Cadre Course 2011
- Indian Navy invited applications from unmarried male candidates for grant of Permanent Commission in Naval Armament Inspection Cadre of Executive Branch of the Indian Navy for course commencing Jan 2011 at Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates to fulfil condition of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
- Age : 19 ½ to 25 years i.e. born between 02 Jan 1986 and 01 Jul 1991; both dates inclusive.
- Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy PCO Course : Any of the following :
Eligibility for Indian Navy 2010 :
- BE/B Tech in Electrical / Electronics/Mechanical from an institution recognized by AICTE.
- Post-graduate Degree in Electronics / Physics from a recognized University.
- Indian Navy Physical Standards :
- Height and Weight : Minimum height – 157 cms with correlated weight.
- Eye Sight : The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision 6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6, 6/12 with glasses. Should not be colour/night blind.
Note : There will be no relaxation in physical standards.
- Application Form for Indian Navy Executive Branch Course :
- Application Forms in accordance with the prescribed format and complete in all respects with superscription on the envelope “Application for PC Naic – Jan 2011 Course Qualification Percentage % ” are to be sent to the address given below by 21 Aug 2010:
Post Bag No. 04,
New Delhi – 110 021.
- Application must be sent in the format given in the advertisement, otherwise it will be rejected.
- Application must be accompanied by attested copies of 10th Standard Certificate (for verification of Date of Birth) and other educational certificates as required.
- Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged by thread / stapled.
Integrated Headquarters – Min of Defence (Navy) (IHQ-MoD (Navy)) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.
Note : Applications to be sent by ordinary post only. Courier / Speed / Registered Post will not be accepted.
- Indian Navy Selection Procedure :
- Short listed candidates will be called for Service Selection Board SSB Interviews. If a candidate possesses higher qualification with better percentage, his higher qualification will be considered for cut off. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy) (IHQ-MoD (Navy)) reserves the right to short-list applications and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account.
- SSB Interviews for Short-listed candidates will be scheduled during Sep – Nov 2010 at Bangalore, Bhopal or Coimbatore.
- The SSB Interview is conducted for a period of five days in two stages. Stage-1 includes Intelligence test, Picture perception test & Group discussion and is conducted on the first day. The candidates who qualify Stage-1 are made to appear for Stage-2 and the rest are sent back on the same day. The Stage-2 includes Psychological tests, Group Tasks and personal interview conducted over the balance four days. The successful candidates would then have to clear a special medical examination at the same venue (approximate duration 3-5 days).
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit will be appointed for training in order of all India Merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB Centre for interview is not permissible.
- Candidates who wish to change their SSB dates must apply to the President of the SSB. Award of fresh dates for SSB would be subject to availibility at respective SSB.
- Any injury sustained during the SSB Interview will not be compensated.
- Candidates appearing for SSB Interview for the first time for this entry would be entitled for free rail sleeper class return fare.
- Indian Navy Training :
The training is scheduled to commence in the month of Jan 2011.
- Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala, Kerala followed by professional training at various Naval Training Establishments / Units / Ships.Full pay and allowances are admissible to officers whilst undergoing training.
Indian NavyTerms and Conditions :
- You will be on probation for a period of two years from the date of reporting to the Indian Naval Academy or the date of commencement of training, whichever is later. However, you are liable to be discharged if your performance is unsatisfactory.
Any candidate who is found to be married or marries while undergoing training will be discharged and shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him and expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
Duties of NAIC Officer :
- As a Naval Armament Inspection officer, you will be responsible for inspection of the armament supplied to the Navy by various agencies. You will also be responsible for inhouse Research & Development, leading to indigenisation, and will have to ensure the quality, safety and reliability of Naval Armament and Stores procured by the Navy.
In no other career, an officer gets exposed to such a wide spectrum of opportunities to keep abreast of modern and latest technological development in the field of armament. To enable you to perform your duties diligently, the Navy will provide you with some of the finest training facilities, which will turn you into a skilled professional, mentally agile and a physically fit officer.
Indian Navy Offers You :
- On successful completion of training you will be commissioned as Sub Lieutenant. The benefits of the life as an officer in the Navy are enumerated in succeeding paragraphs.
- Pay Scale & Promotions. The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfilment of requisite service condition.
The Pay Scale and promotion criteria is as follows :-
Rank Pay Bands / Scale Grade Pay MSP Sub Lieutenant PB-3 / 15600-39100 5400 6000 Lieutenant PB-3 / 15600-39100 6100 6000 Lieutenant CDR PB-3 / 15600-39100 6600 6000 Commander PB-4A / 37400-67000 8000 6000 Captain PB-4 / 37400-67000 8700 6000 Commodore PB-4 / 37400-67000 8900 6000 Rear Admiral PB-4 / 37400-67000 10000 Nil
- Allowances (as applicable). The allowances as applicable to officers are as follows :
Allowances To whom granted Rate Per Month (pm) (in ) Technical Technical Officer 2000-5000 / pm depending on course qualified Instructional All Officers posted as Instructor 1800 / pm Sea going All Naval Officers Serving 4200-5200/pm on on board Ships basis of Rank (Sailing Only) Uniform 16000 (Initial grant) & 5000 (Every 3 Years) Hard Area All Officers posted in Hard 25% of basic Pay Area as declared by Government All Officers 16000 (Initial grant) & 5000 (Every 3 Years) Hard Area All Officers posted in Hard 25% of basic Pay Area as declared by Government House Rent To Officers not provided Government 10-30 % of Basic (Pay Accommodation Band + Grade Pay + MSP) Transport All Officers 1600-3200 ( + DA thereon)
- Privileges : Free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports Facilities, Furnished Government Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
- Group Insurance & Gratuity : Insurance cover of Rs. 40 lakhs (on contribution) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in vogue.
- Leave Entitlements : On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year (subject to service exigencies).They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel (as per extant rules) for self and dependents. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in vouge.
- Sports & Adventure : Indian Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, wind surfing etc.
- Physical fitness : In Naval Academy curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on physical fitness. You are therefore, advised to build up yourself by physical training, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the training goals successfully.