Indian Navy Naval Armament Inspection Cadre Course 2011
Invites Unmarried Man to Join the Indian Navy as Permanent Commissioned Officers in Naval Armament Inspection Cadre of Executive Branch July 2011 Course.
Indian Navy Officer applications are invited from unmarried male candidates for grant of Permanent Commission in Naval Armament Inspection Cadre of Executive Branch of the Indian Navy for course commencing Jul 2011 at Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates to fulfil condition of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
Eligibility Conditions for Indian Navy as PC Officers.
Age. 19 ½ to 25 years i.e. born between 02 Jul 1986 and 01 Jan 1992; both dates inclusive.
Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy as PC Officers: Any of the following :
BE / B. Tech in Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical from an institution recognized by AICTE.
Post-graduate Degree in Electronics / Physics from a recognized University. Physical Standards for Indian Navy 2011.
Height and Weight. Minimum height – 157 cms with correlated weight.Eye Sight. The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision 6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6. 6/12 with glasses. Should not be colour / night blind.
The Indian Navy officers A HI-TECH Environment which will help you make the most of what you have – your talents, your skills, your spirit and your Aspirations.Application Form for Indian Navy as PC Officers.
- Application Forms in accordance with the prescribed format and complete in all respects with superscription on the envelope “Application for PC NAIC – July 2011 Course Qualification …………. Percentage …………… %” are to be sent to the address given below by 15 November 2010 :-.
- Application sent by Speed Post/Registered Post / Courier will not be accepted. Post Bag No. 04, RK Puram PO(Main), New Delhi-110 066.
- Application must be sent in the format given in the advertisement, otherwise it will be rejected.
- Application must be accompanied by attested copies of:-10th Standard Certificate for verification of Data of Birth and other educational certificates.
- Marks statement of all semesters / year
- Application must be accompanied by two self-addressed stamped envelopes.
- Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged/ Stitched by thread only. Integrated Headquarters – Min of Defence (Navy) (IHQ-MoD (Navy)) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.
- Short listed candidates will be called for Service Selection Board SSB Interviews. If a candidate possesses higher qualification with better percentage, his higher qualification will be considered for cut off. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy) (IHQ-MoD (Navy)) reserves the right to short-list applications and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account.
- SSB Interviews for Short-listed candidates will be scheduled during Jan – Jun 2011 at Bangalore, Bhopal or Coimbatore.
- The SSB Interviews is five days, consisting of stage I (Day one) and stage II (Four days). Stage I Tests, consists of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Group Discussion Tests. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be sent back on the same day from SSB centre. Stage II Tests consists of Psychological Tests. Group Task Tests and Interview. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Special Medical Examination at the same venue (approx duration 3-5 days)
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit will be appointed for training in order of all India Merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB Center for interview is not permissible under any circumstances.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the President of the SSB on receipt of call up letter and copy endorsed to Directorate of Manpower Planning & Recruitment (R & R). Room No 204, ‘C’ wing. Sena Bhavan, IHQ-MoD (N), New Delhi – 110011 (Fax No 011-23017881). Award of fresh dates for SSB would be subject to availability at respective SSB.
- An injury sustained during the SSB Interview will not be compensated.
- ‘Candidates appering for SSB Interview for the first time for this entry would be eligible free rail sleeper class retun fare’.
Selection Procedure for Indian Navy as PC Officers
Indian Navy Training
The training is scheduled to commence in the month of July 2011.
Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala, Kerala followed by professional training at various Naval Training Establishments / Units / Ships. Full pay and allowances are admissible to officers whilst undergoing training.
Indian Navy Terms and Conditions
You will be on probation for a period of two years from the date of reporting to the Indian Naval Academy or the date of commencement of training, hichever is later. However, you are liable to be discharged if your performance is unsatisfactory. Any candidate who is found to be married or marries while undergoing training will be discharged and shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him and expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
Duties of Naic Officer
As a Naval Armament Inspection officer, you will be responsible for inspection of the armament supplies to the Navy by various agencies. You will be ensuring the quality, safety reliability of Naval Armament and Storers. You will also be responsible for in-house Research & Development leading to indigenisation. In no other career, an officer gets exposed to such a wide spectrum of opportunities to keep abreast of modern and latest technological development in the field of armament. Life in the Navy is full of challenges and adventure. The Navy provides some of the finest training facilities, which will turn you in a skilled professional, mentally agile and a physically fit officer.
The Navy Offers You
On successful completion of training you will be commissioned as Sub Lieutenant. The benefits of the life as an officer in the Navy are enumerated in succeeding paragraphs.
Pay Scale & Promotions : The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfilment of requisite service condition.
The Pay Scale and promotion criteria is as follows :-
|Rank||Pay Bands / Scale||Grade Pay ()||MSP ()|
|Sub Lieutenant||PB-3 / 15600-39100||5400||6000|
|Lieutanant||PB-3 / 15600-39100||6100||6000|
|Lieutanant CDR||PB-3 / 15600-39100||6600||6000|
|Commander||PB-4A / 37400-67000||8000||6000|
|Captain||PB-4 / 37400-67000||8700||6000|
|Commodore||PB-4 / 37400-67000||8900||6000|
|Rear Admiral||PB-4 / 37400-67000||10000||NIL|
Allowances (as applicable) : The allowances as applicable to officers are as follows :-
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month (pm) (in )|
|Technical||Technical Officer||2000 - 5000/pm depending on course qualified|
|Instructional||All Officers posted as Instructor||1800/pm|
|Sea going||All Naval Officers Serving||4200 - 5200/pm on on board Ships basis of Rank (Sailing Only)|
|Uniform||All Officers||16000 (Initial grant) & 5000 (Every 3 Yrs)|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt.||25% of basic Pay|
|House Rent||To Officers not provided Govt. Accomodation||10-30 % of Basic (Pay Band + Grade Pay + MSP)|
|Transport||All Officers||1600 - 3200 ( + DA thereon)|
Cost to Company (CTC)
The CTC for a sub Lieutenant would be approximately 52,000/ – per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Flying allowance,House Rent Allowance and Transport allowance. These rates are not statuatory and are subject to change.
In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
Group Insurance & Gratuity
Insurance cover of 40 lakhs (on contribution) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in vogue.
On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year (subject to service exigencies). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel (as per extant rules) for self and dependents. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in vouge.
In the Indian Naval Academy curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on physical fitness. You are therefore, advised to build up yourself by physical training, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the training goals successfully.