Indian Navy Naval Armament Depot ( NAD ) Recruitment for Armament Fitter, Assistant Store Keeper, Chargeman-II
Naval Armament Depot NAD ( PO ),
Visakhapatnam – 530 009.
1. Indian Navy applications are invited in the prescribed format from the candidates who fulfill the prescribed criteria for recruitment to the following posts in Naval Armament Depot, Visakhapatnam and Bheemunipatnam under Headquarters, Eastern Naval Command, Visakhapatnam :
- Category : Tradesman – Skilled ( lnd ) : Pay Scale in PB – I, – 5200 – 20200 with Grade Pay 1900.
Sl.No. Name of Post No. of posts SC ST OBC PWD UR 01 Armament Fitter 19 03 01 05 - 10 02 Fitter Fuze 04 01 - 01 - 02 03 Torpedo Fitter 32 05 02 09 - 16 04 MT Fitter 04 - - 01 - 03 05 Auto Electrician 01 - - - - 01
- Category : Non – Industrial : Pay Scale in PB – I – 5200 – 20200 with Grade Pay 1900.
Sl. No. Name of Post No. of Posts SC ST OBC PWD UR 01 Assistant Store Keeper 07 03 - - - 04
- Category : Non – Industrial : Pay Scale PB – 2 – 9300 – 34800 with Grade Pay 4200.
Sl. No. Name of Post No. of Posts SC ST OBC PWD UR 01 Chargeman - II ( Factory ) 03 03 - - - -
Note : Vacancies are subject to variation.
Abbreviations : SC – Scheduled Caste, ST – Scheduled Tribe, UR – Unreserved OBC – Other Backward Class, PWD – Persons with Disabilities.
2. The post of Chargeman – ll [ Factory ] is not an identified post for being held by persons with disabilities. However, persons with disability can also apply for the posts not reserved for them in accordance with DOP&T OM No. 360.35/3/2004-Estt(Res) dated 29 Dec 05.
2. Eligibility Criteria For Posts At Para 1 (A)
- Age Limit – 18 to 25 years.
- Essential Qualifications :
- Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized Institute / Board with knowledge of English.
- Should have completed apprentice training from ITI or hold National Apprenticeship Certificate issued by National Council of Vocational Training in the trades given below.
Sl. No Name of post Technical Qualification 01 Armament Fitter Fitter or equivalent 02 Fitter Fuze 03 Torpedo Fitter Electronic Mechanic, Radio Mechanic, Electrician Instrument Mechanic, or equivalent 04 MT Fitter Mechanic Motor vehicle, Automobile, Mechanic Diesel or equivalent 05 Auto Electrician Automobile, Electrician, or equivalent
Mechanic or equivalent with two years regular service in the appropriate technical branch of the Army, Navy and Air force for posts at Para 1 (6) :
- Age Limit – 18 to 25 years.
- Essential Qualifications :Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized institute / Board.
Desirable Qualifications :
- 02 ( two ) years experience in a workshop in any capacity.
- Working knowledge of computers.
- The post of Indian Navy Assistant Store Keeper is identified post for being held by persons with disabilities vide DOP&T OM No.36035/5/84-Estt(SCT) dated 28 Feb 1986. Therefore persons with disabilities can also apply for the unreserved post of Assistant Store Keeper.
The categories of disabled persons suitable for the job are mentioned below :
|Sl. No||Post||Physical requirements||Categories of disability|
|1||Assistant Store Keeper||SWH||OL, OA|
Note : List of abbreviations is as follows
|S||Work performed by sitting ( on bench or chair )|
|W||Work performed by walking|
|SE||Work performed by seeing|
|OL||One leg affected ( R or L )|
|OA||One arm affected ( R or L ), (i) impaired reach, (ii) weakness of grip, (iii) ataxia|
For Posts at Para 1 (C) :
- Age limit – 18 to 25 years.
- Essential Qualifications :
- Bachelor of Science degree with Physics or Chemistry or Mathematics from a recognised University or Institute Or
- A diploma in Mechanical or Electrical or Electronics, or Tele communication engineering from a recognised University or Board.
Desirable Qualifications :
- Working knowledge of computers
4. The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications. Age restriction and relaxation for the advertised posts are given below :
- Age relaxable to SC and ST by 05 years and 03 years for OBC. For Ex – serviceman length of Military Service Increased by 03 years and up to a maximum of 10 years in case of PWD ( person with disability ).
- For “Chargeman – II ( Factory )”, age relaxable for government servants up to “five” years.
- For “Assistant Storekeeper” maximum age limit relaxable for government servants is 35 years.
- For the posts mentioned at Para 1 (A) above maximum age limit relaxable for Govt. servants is 35 years.
Note : All age relaxations mentioned above are applicable subject to orders Or instructions of Government issued from time to time.
5. General Instructions for all Indian Navy 2013 Posts :
- Candidates will be required to undergo Indian Navy written examination and interview as applicable.
- Appointing Authority reserves the right to apply criteria based on qualification / experience / marks obtained in essential qualifications for shortlisting the candidates to be called for written test and interview.
- Original certificates should not be sent. Only attested copies of certificates are to be enclosed.
- Unemployed SC / ST candidates are entitled for 2nd class rail fare as per Govt. rules and the same will be reimbursed by post on submission of certificate of unemployment issued by a Gazetted Officer.
- OBC Candidates to produce an attested certificate in the prescribed form issued by Competent Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tehsildar / Mandal / Revenue Divisional Officer as prescribed vide OM No.36012/11/93-Estt. ( SCT ) dated 08-09-1993 as amended vide No.36033/ 3/2004-Estt (Res) dated 09-03-2004. SC I ST candidates to produce attested copy of certificate in the prescribed form, in support of their claim issued by the Competent Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tehsildar / Mandal / Revenue Divisional Officer.
- Ex – servicemen must enclose the attested photo copy of discharge book / service certificate duly authenticated in support of their claim.
- Applications in the prescribed “format, filled by the candidate in his / her own hand – writing together with attested copies of certificates / testimonials in support of age, educational qualifications, technical qualifications, experience, caste etc. showing the particulars as per proforma provided hereunder should reach the “Chief General Manager, Naval Armament Depot ( PO ), Visakhapatnam – 530 009″ (AP), alongwith self addressed envelope and two additional photographs, by Ordinary Post only within 30 days from the last date of publication of the advertisement.
- The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be closing date for receipt of applications as mentioned at instructions No.(vii) above.
- The last date for receipt of applications from candidates residing in North Eastern States, Sikkim, J & K, Lahaul & Spiti District and Pangi Sub – Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar Island or abroad is 37 days from the last date of publication of this advertisement.
- The candidates must satisfy themselves that they possess essential qualifications prescribed for the post applied for.
- The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and mere possessiion of the same does does not entitle candidates to be called for written test / interview and subsequent selection.
- Separate application form to be submitted for each post and name of the post applied for should clearly be superscribed on the cover.
- Department is not responsible for any postal delay.
- Applicants who are in Govt. service should apply through proper channel.
- Applications with insufficient details / certificates photographs, self addressed envelope, etc. will be summarily rejected and no correspondence will be entertained.
- Candidates selected for posts mentioned at (A), (B) & (C) of para 1 are required to serve at Naval Armament Depot, Visakhapatnam / Bheemunipatnam / Sunabeda / Balasore and within Naval Armament Organisation. However, all’ India service liability is applicable.
- No correspondence / enquiries will be entertained and canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- If the candidate wishes to apply for more than one post and possess essential qualification, he / she, has to forward separate applications for each, post in separate covers as per sub – para (xii) above.
- Name of the post applied for and category viz SC / ST / OBC / PWD / Ex SM, UR should clearly be superscripted on the cover in Bold Capitals as applicable.
- The Indian Navy vacancies shown above are provisional and may vary / reduce / increase or even made NIL without assigning any reason.
- The candidates selected will be governed by the provisions of the New Pension Scheme as introduced by the Government of India with effect from 01 January 2004.
- Interim Queries will not be entertained.