Indian Navy PCO in Logistics Cadre and SSC Officer in Education Branch Course Jan 2017
The Indian Navy invites Unmarried Male and Female to Join Indian Navy as Permanent Commission Officer in Logistics Cadre and Short Service Commission Officers in Education Branch for Course commencing January 2017.
Date of Opening : 19th March, 2016.
Last Date for Indian Navy Officer Entry Online Application : 09th April, 2016.
Last Date for Submission of Indian Navy Officer Application : 19th April, 2016.
1. Applications are invited from Unmarried Indian Citizens for grant of Permanent Commission ( PC ) and Short Service Commission ( SSC ) in following branches / cadres in Indian Navy for the course commencing January 2017 at Indian Naval Academy ( INA ), Ezhimala, Kerala.
Indian Navy Branch / Cadre
a. Indian Navy Education Branch
Age Limit for Indian Navy SSC Officer 2016 : 21 – 25 years ( Candidates born between 02 January 1992 – 01 January 1996 ).
Type of Commission : Short Service Commission.
Gender : Male & Female.
b. Indian Navy Logistics Cadre
Age Limit for Indian Navy PC Logistics Cadre 2016 : 19 1/2 – 25 years ( Candidates born between 02 January 1992 – 02 January 1998 ).
Type of Commission : Permanent Commission.
Gender : Male.
2. Indian Navy PC / SSC Officer Educational Qualifications 2016 : Candidates with following educational qualification may apply :
a. Indian Navy SSC Officer ( Education Branch ) Educational Qualification 2016
- MSc Physics ( with Maths in BSc ) or
- MSc Maths ( with Physics in BSc ) or
- MSc Chemistry ( with Physics in BSc ) or
- MA ( English ) with ( physics or maths in intermediate or equivalent standard ) or
- Masters in Computer application or Computer science ( Physics or Maths at Graduation Level ) or
- MA ( History / Political Science / Economics ) Or
BE / B.Tech / M.Tech in any of the following disciplines :
Mech / Electrical / Computer Science / Technology.
Minimum Percentage : 60% for B.Tech 50% for Post Graduate.
b. Indian Navy PC Officer ( Logistics ) Educational Qualification 2016
- B.E / B.Tech in any discipline or
- MBA or
- B.Sc / B.Com / B.Sc (IT) with first class and a PG Diploma in Finance / Logistics / Supply Chain Management / Material Management or
- MCA / MSC (IT)
Minimum Percentage : First Class.
- Candidates who have not completed their Degree on the date of filling the application ( i.e. appearing candidates ) need not apply.
- Only one application is to be filled.
- Candidates who are eligible for more than one branch / cadre should mention priority in their form.
3. Indian Navy PC / SSC Officer Physical Standards 2016
- Height and Weight : Minimum height for male – 157 cms, female – 152 cms with correlated weight as per age and height.
- Eye Sight : The minimum acceptable vision standards for distance is 6/6, 6/12 with glass. Should not be color / night blind.
- Tattoo : Permanent body tattoos on any part of the body are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal communities / from tribal areas as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face or forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist end on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the naval recruitment website : www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
The Navy Offers You
4. Pay Scale & Promotions for Indian Navy Logistics Cadre / Education Branch Officer : The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis and thereafter on section basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria is as follows :
|Rank||Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP|
|Sub Lieutenant||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||5400||6000|
|Lieutenant||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||6100||6000|
|Lieutenant Cadre||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||6600||6000|
|Commander||PB - 4 / 37400 - 67000||8000||6000|
|Captain||PB - 4 / 37400 - 67000||8700||6000|
5. Allowances ( as applicable ) : The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows :
|Allowance||To whom granted||Rate Per Month ( in Rs. )|
|Instructional||All Officers posted as Instructor||2700/pm|
|Sea going||All Naval Officers Serving On board Ships||6300 - 7800/pm on basis of Rank ( Sailing Only )|
|Uniform||All Officers||24000 ( Initial grant ) & 7500 ( Every 3 years )|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt||25% of ( BP + GP + MSP )|
|House Rent||Officers not provided Govt. Accommodation||10 - 30% of ( BP + GP + MSP )|
|Transport||All Officers||1600 - 3200 ( +DA thereon )|
6. Cost to Company ( CTC ) : The CTC for a Sub Lieutenant would be approximately 74,100/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowances, Transport Allowance, Ration Allowance and kit Maintenance Allowance. These rates are subject to change.
7. Privileges : In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents / Canteen Facilities, Mess / Club / Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation and Car / Housing Loan at subsidized rate.
8. Group Insurance & Gratuity : Insurance cover of 50 lakhs ( on contribution ) and Gratuity as per the latest rules in force.
9. Leave Entitlements : On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year ( subject to service exigencies ). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel ( as per extant rules ) for self and family. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
10. Sports & Adventure : The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hand gliding, wind surfing etc.
11. Indian Navy Short Service Commission : Candidates inducted under short service commission will be granted the commission initially for 12 years extendable further for two years.
12. a. Duties of Education Officer in Indian Navy
Indian Navy Education officers are responsible for imparting instructions on board Training Ship’s & Establishments. Avenues to specialize in Metrology & Oceanography / Naval Communication / Anti Submarine Warfare / Gunnery / Navigation & Direction / Hydrography / IT and M.Tech Courses are also available. Education officers will also be responsible for control and co-ordination of Schooling / Libraries / Academic facilities, Distance Education, Naval examinations ( On / Off line ), development of Training Design and Evaluation and Human Resources.
b. Indian Navy Logistics Officer Duties
Logistics officer deals with the Logistics aspects of men and material. He / She plays vital role in the human aspect of the ship / establishment’s organization. A modern warship irrespective of its role needs a continuous supply of fresh provisions, fuel and spares. You as a Logistics officer will be responsible for smooth supply of stores to all naval units. In no other career does an officer get such a vast exposure to keep abreast of modern and latest development in the field of management and finance.
Indian Navy Officer Entry Selection Procedure
- The candidates will be issued call up for Services Selection Board ( SSB ) based on their performance in Degree Course. If a candidate possesses higher qualification with better percentage, his higher qualification will be considered for cut off. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence ( Navy ) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore / Visakhapatnam during June – October 2016.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their E-mail or through SMS ( provided by candidate in their application form ).
- SSB interview will be conducted in two Stages. Stage I test consisting of intelligence test, Picture Perception and Discussion test. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview which will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination ( approx duration 03 – 05 days ).
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training in order of All India Merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB venue for interview is not permissible.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the Call up Officer of the concerned SSB on receipt of call up letter. Award of fresh dates for SSB would be subject to availability.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
- Return 3rd AC rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for this entry.
Indian Navy Officers Training 2016
14. Candidate will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant in January 2017 and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala followed by professional training at various Naval Training Establishments / Units / Ships. Full Pay and allowances are admissible to the Officers whilst undergoing training.
Terms and Conditions
15. Selected candidates will be on probation for two years from the date of reporting to the Indian Naval Academy / the date of commencement of training / completion of the initial training whichever is later. Any candidate found married or who marries while undergoing training will be discharged. He shall be liable to refund full pay and allowances drawn by him and any other expenditure incurred on him by the Govt.
How to Apply for Indian Navy Officer Entry 2016
16. Candidate can submit only Online application for Indian Navy Officer Entry from 19th March, 2016 to 09th April, 2016.
17. Online ( e-application ) : Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following :
- Correct filling up of personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
18. Filling up of e-application : For filling up application Online visit our website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and proceed as follows :
- Click on the ‘Officer Entry’ button under the option ‘Apply Online’ on the Home Page.
- Fill the online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field.
- After filling the form click on Preview and check if all the information entered by you is correct.
- Before clicking the Print Application button it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form is correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can take the print of the application form by entering the relevant details.
- Before clicking the instructions for SSB Button, it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form are correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can read the instructions on conduct of SSB by clicking on the instruction for SSB button and can take the print of the application form by entering the details from the download sections under officer entry.
- Print two copies of the online Application Form having the system generated Application Number.
- Paste recent passport size colour photograph at the space provided and self attest the same.
- One copy of this Application Form is to be duly signed and mailed ( posted ) to Post Box No. 04, R K Puram Main PO, New Delhi – 110 066 along with the following documents :
Self attested photograph, Self attested photo copies of 10th & 12th class certificates along with Mark Sheets, other educational certificates and mark sheets of all semester / years. In case CGPA, candidate is required to attach certificate issued by the University for Conversion of CGPA in to percentage. Application to be sent by ordinary post only. Speed post / courier and Registered post will not be accepted.
- A superscription is to be made on envelope : Online Application No. ____ application for ( Log ) / SSC ( Log & NAIC ) January 2017 Course Qualification ____ Percentage ____%. NCC ‘C’ Yes/No. Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged / stapled; IHQ MoD ( Navy ) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.