Indian Navy Commissioned Officer in Law Cadre 2009
Become a permanent Commissioned Officer in Law Cadre of Executive Branch.
Course Commencing – Jan 2010.
Serve the nation with pride – Join the Indian Navy.
Indian Navy applications are invited from unmarried Male Indian citizens for Permanent Commission Officers in the Law Cadre of Executive Branch of the Indian Navy for Course commencing Jan 2010 at Indian Naval Academy (INA), Ezhimala, Kerala.
Indian Navy Eligibility Conditions
Age: 22 to 27 years(candidate must have been born between 02 Jan 1983 to 01 Jan 1988 both dates inclusive).
Indian Navy Educational Qualifications: A Degree in Law qualifying for enrolment as an advocate under Advocates Act 1961, with minimum 55% marks.
Note: Candidates who have not completed their Law Degree (i.e. appearing candidates) need not apply, their applications will not be accepted.
- Height and Weight: Minimum height Male-157 cms with correlated weight.
- Eye Sight: The minimum acceptable standard for distant vision 6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6, 6/12 with glasses. Should not be colour / night blind.
- The candidates will be issued call up for Services Selection Board (SSB) interviews based on their performance in Law Degree. If a candidate possesses higher qualification with better percentage, his higher qualification will be considered for cut off. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence(Navy) [IHQ-MoD(Navy)] reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off percentage without assigning any reason. No communication will be entertained on this account.
- SSB interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled during Jul to Dec 09 at Bangalore / Bhopal or Coimbatore.
- The total duration of SSB interviews is of 5 days, consisting Stage I (Day one) and Stage II (Four days). Stage I Tests consist of Officers Intelligence Rating Tests (OIRT) and Picture Perception and Discussion Tests (PDPT). Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day from SSB centre. Stage II Tests consist of Psychological Tests, Group Task Tests, Group Discussion and Interview. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Special Medical Examination at the same venue (approx duration 5 days at nearest military hospital).
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training in order of All India Merit depending on the number of vacancies. The confirmation in the service is subject to satisfactory Police Verification Report and Character & Antecedent Certificate.
- Change of SSB centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstances.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the President of the SSB on receipt of call up letter and copy endorsed to Directorate of Manpower Planning & Recruitment (OI&R), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, IHQMOD(N), New Delhi-110011 (Fax No. 011-23011282).
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
- Return 2nd Class Sleeper rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for the entry.
Training: Candidates will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant in Jan 2010 and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala followed by professional training at various Naval Training Establishments / Units / Ships. Full pay and allowances are admissible to the officers whilst undergoing training.
Terms and Conditions: Selected Candidates will be on a probation for 02 yrs from the date of reporting to the Indian Naval Academy or the date of commencement of training whichever is later. Any candidate found married or who marries while undergoing training will be discharged. He shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him/her and any other expenditure incurred on him by the Goverment.
Duties of Law Officer: The Challenge is for those who want to operate on a legal battlefield that intensifies when area of work transcends National boundaries. Law officers render advisory role on multifarious subjects of law. The duty of a law officer is not restricted at the policy making stage but to see its implementation and execution in Navy in sync with the legal principles.
The Navy Offers you
Pay Scale & Promotions: The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfilment of requisite service condition. The Pay Scale is as follows:
|Rank||Pay Bands / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP|
|Sub Lieutenant||PB-3 / 15600-39100||5400||6000|
|Lieutenant||PB-3 / 15600-39100||6100||6000|
|Lieutenant||CDR PB-3 / 15600-39100||6600||6000|
|Commander||PB-4 / 37400-67000||8000||6000|
|Captain||PB-4 / 37400-67000||8700||6000|
|Commodore||PB-4 / 37400-67000||8900||6000|
Allowances (as applicable):
The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows:
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month (pm) (in )|
|Instructional||All Officers posted as Instructor||1800/pm|
|Uniform||All Officers 16000||(Initial grant) & 5000 (Every 3 Years)|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Government||25% of basic Pay|
|House Rent Accommodation||All Officers not provided Government||10-30 % of (Pay Band + Grade Pay +MSP)|
|Transport||All Officers||1600-3200 (+ DA thereon)|
Privileges: Free Medical Facilities for Self & Family, canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports Facilities, Furnished Government Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
Group Insurance & Gratuity: Insurance cover of 30 lakhs (on contribution) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in vogue.
Leave Entitlements: On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year (subject to service exigencies).
They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel (as per extant rules) for self and family. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in vouge.
Sports & Adventure: The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, wind surfing etc.
Physical fitness: In the Naval Academy’s curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on physical fitness. You are therefore, advised to prepare yourself by physical training, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the training goals successfully.
How to apply
- If you meet the above requirements, apply on plain A4 size paper (typed or handwritten) in the prescribed format duly completed in all respects with superscription on the envelope “Law Cadre – Jan 2010 Course, Educational Qualification, Aggregate Percentage in %” are to be sent to the address given below by 20 Jul 2009. Application sent by Speed Post / Regd Post / Courier / E-mail will not be accepted.
Post Bag No.02,
New Delhi – 110 023.
- Application must be sent in the format given in this advertisement, otherwise it will be rejected.
- Application must be accompanied by attested copies of :
- 10th standard certificate for verification of date of birth and other educational certificates.
- Marks statement of all semesters / years.
- Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged / stitched by thread only. IHQ-MoD (N) will not be responsible for loss of Enclosures if sent loose.