Indian Navy Recruitment of Civilian Personnel Chargeman 2016
1. Indian Navy invites application for the post of Chargeman Classified as Group ‘B’, Non-Industrial, Non-Gazetted from eligible Indian citizens to apply Online through website www.jobsuchi.com for the various trades of Chargeman in Naval Ship Repair yard (Karwar),Naval Dockyard (Mumbai) and all other outlying units of Western Naval Command. Selected candidates will have to serve in the units under administrative control of the Western Naval Command. However,they can be posted anywhere in India, in Naval units / formations in case of any Administrative requirements.
Only Online Applications will be Accepted
Chargeman (Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted, Non-industrial)
(Erstwhile Group “C”, Non -Gazetted, Non-industrial)
Pay Band of 35400-81200 in Level 6
(corresponding to Sixth CPC scale of 9300-34800 (PB-II) Grade Pay 4200/-)
|SI.No.||Name of Discipline||Distribution of Vacancies*||Horizontal (PwD) Reservation #|
|(f)||Production, Planning & Control||06||02||09||15||32||NIL|
- Engineering Discipline includes trades of Foundry, Engine Fitter, Ref & AC fitter, ICE fitter, Machinist, Pipe Fitter.
- Electrical Discipline includes trades of Electrical / Power.
- Weapon Discipline includes Electronic Fitter, Instrument Fitter, Radio Fitter, Weapon Fitter.
- Construction Discipline includes trades of Painter, Plater, Rigger, Ship Fitter, Shipwright, Lagger, Welder.
- Maintanance Discipline includes trades of Civil Work, ICE Fitter(Crane), Mill Wright Fitter.
- Production, Planning & Control Discipline-no feeder grade, any discipline can apply.
- Applicants must choose any one discipline only. Appointment in trade within the discipline choosen will be at the discretion of the Appointing Authority.
* Subject to variation.
# includes 05 backlog PwDs vacancies (with 40% and above relevant disability).
Suitability for PwDs for identified posts as per Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
|Discipline||Categories of Disabled suitable for the job||Physical Requirement|
|Engineering||B, LV||S, ST, B,L, MF, SE|
|Electrical||OA, OL, HH||SE, ST, BN, RW, S, MF, W, L|
|Weapon||B, LV, HH||S, ST, BN, W, L, MF, SE, RW, C, KC|
|Construction||OL,HH||S, ST, BN, L, MF, SE, W|
|Maintainance||OL||S, ST, W, BN, PP, MF|
2. Abbreviations Used : CM-Chargeman, UR-Unreserved, SC-Scheduled Caste, ST-Scheduled Tribes, OBC-Other Backward Class, ESM-Ex-Servicemen, PwDs-Persons with Disabilities, VH-Visually Impaired, OH-Orthopedically Impaired, HH-Hearing Impaired, S-Sitting, ST-Standing, W-Walking, BN-Bending, KC-Kneeling & Crouching, RW-Reading & Writing, MF-Manipulation with Fingers, PP-Pulling & Pushing, SE-Seeing and C-Communication, H-Hearing, OA-One Arm, OL-One Leg, B-Blind, LV-Low Vision, and L-Lifting
3. Indian Navy Civilian Personnel Chargeman Reservation : Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/PwDs categories is available as per extant Government Orders. The reserved vacancies will be filled up separately from amongst the eligible SCs, STs, OBCs & PwDs candidates which will thus comprise of SC,ST,OBC & PwDs who are lower in merit than the last general candidate on merit list of unreserved category but otherwise found suitable for the appointment even by relaxed standards viz. age limit etc.
Reservations for PwDs fall under the category of Horizontal reservation which cuts across vertical reservation i.e. reservation for SC/ST/OBC (in what is called inter-locking reservation). The candidates selected against the PwDs quota have to be placed in the appropriate category of General/SC/ST/OBC, as the case may be.
4. Indian Navy Civilian Personnel Chargeman Educational Qualification (as per existing SRO 08/2007)
- Degree in Science with Physics or Chemistry or Mathematics from a recognised University. OR
- A Diploma in Engineering in the appropriate discipline from a recognised University or Board.
5. Age Limit for Indian Navy Civilian Personnel Chargeman Recruitment 2016 : Between 18 and 25 years
6. Indian Navy Age relaxation and Crucial Dates :
(a) Indian Navy Civilian Personnel Chargeman Age Relaxation :
- SC/ST : 05 years
- OBC : 03 years
- PwDs(PH) : UR-10 Years, OBC-13(10+03)Years, SC/ST-15(10+05)Years
- ESM : UR-03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from actual age as on the closing date. Similarly for OBC-03(03+03)Years. SC/ST-08(03+05)Years
- Departmental candidates with 03 years continuous service in Central Government : UR-05 years (for posts which are in the same line or allied cadres and where a relationship could be established that the service already rendered in a particular post will be useful for the efficient discharge of the duties of post). Similarly for OBC-08(03+05) Years, SC/ST-10(05+05) Years.
# Relaxation of other eligible categories will be considered as per extant Government orders.
(b) Crucial Dates : The crucial date for determining the age limit, will be the closing date for receipt of Online Applications from candidates i.e 21 days from the date of publication of advertisement in Employment News. Only Matriculation/SSC/Birth Certificate issued by concerned education board/Competent Authority will be considered as proof of Date of Birth.
7. Nature of Duties : Under general supervision of Officers and Shop Foreman, the Chargeman, in the respective discipline/trade, is required to supervise repairs and refit of ships and submarine equipment and structure both onboard and on the shop floor. He responsibility is to maintain plant and machinery at the shop floor. He has to supervise and manage his team and complete the given task in the stipulated time with required quality. Whenever necessary, he has to undertake the job independently also. He has to take care of safety of his workforce under him and machines while working on board ships/shop floor/hazardous areas to provide/manage all the accessories /machines etc., to complete the task in time. The nature of duties specified is not all encompassing and is only indicative.
8. Indian Navy Civilian Personnel Chargeman Recruitment 2016 Mode of Selection :
- Indian Navy Civilian Personnel Chargeman Written Examination. All eligible candidates will appear in the written examination (Discipline wise, probably on same day) consisting of 100 objective type questions based on syllabus of Degree in Science (Physics/Chemistry/Maths)/Diploma in Engineering/Management/Supervisory Skills/General Knowledge/General English(Matric level). The question paper will be provided in English and Hindi languages only. Selection of candidates will be purely based on the performance in the Written Test and the Merit list drawn Discipline-wise thereof.
- Date of Examination Exact date, time and venue of written examination will be communicated on the Admit card issued to the eligible applicants.www.jobsuchi.com may also be referred from time to time for any further instructions.
- Provisional Appointment Letter The appointment of provisionally selected candidates in each discipline will be strictly based on the overall merit position in written examination prepared discipline-wise, subject to satisfaction of Document Verification, Medical Examination and other requirement as specified by the Government of India and Appointing Authority.
- Document Verification All relevant documents pertaining to registration of application, age, education, identity, address, category, caste validity certificate etc. will be scrutinized and verified prior to provisional appointment as per extant DOP&T policy. Date and venue for document verification will be intimated to the provisionally selected candidates on their registered e-mail IDs and by post.
- Scribe Visually Impaired (VH) candidates with visual disabilities of more than 40 percent and cerebral palsy candidates can avail the assistance of a scribe in the written examination subject to such request of scribe being made in the application form. Further, they will be allowed compensatory time in the examination, as applicable, in accordance with extant regulations. The other facilities will also be extended, as per Dept. of Disability Affairs OM F. No. 16-110/2003-DD.III dated 26 Feb 2013.
9. Guidelines for filling Indian Navy Online Application :
- Candidates are required to apply online using Indian Navy website www.jobsuchi.com. The link for submitting online application form will open on third day from the date of issue of Advertisement in the Employment News and it will remain open for 21 days from the last date of publication Before filling online application form, applicants are advised to download online Information Guidelines containing detailed instructions for filling up online application form.
- The applicant must possess the required criteria and educational qualification as mentioned in the advertisement. Similarly, Candidates who have passed from a recognized Board / Institution which has ‘Grade Point’ system’, need to get their grade point converted into percentage of marks by appropriate authorities before applying.
- Before start filling up of Online Application, a candidate must have his/her photograph and signature duly scanned in jpg format in such a manner that the size of photograph should be maximum 35 KB & minimum 20KB and the size of signature should be maximum 30 KB and minimum 15 KB.
- Applicants need not send copy of Application Form or any Document to this office. However candidates are to take a printout of Application Form for his/her personal record. One Copy of Registration / Application Form and E-Admit Card is to be Brought at the Venue of Examination Alongwith Requisite Certificates / Testimonials in support of age, Educational Qualifications, Technical Qualification Duly self Attested. Failing Which Application of the Applicant will not be Considered as Valid.
- Naval Dockyard, Mumbai does not take any responsibility for furnishing of incorrect / false details made by you while applying. The details submitted by you are considered final and authentic and no claims on the same would be acceptable. Any incorrect / falsification of information will result in appropriate legal action being initiated against you and cancellation of your candidature for any future recruitment by the yard. If the candidates commit any mistake in filling the online Application form, it cannot be corrected by this office. Request for change/correction in any particulars in the Application Form, once submitted will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- The applicants must ensure that while filling their Application form, they are providing their valid and active e-mail IDs and mobile number as Indian Navy may use either mode of communication for contacting them at different stages of recruitment process. No change in the e-mail ID will be allowed once entered. Management will not be responsible for non receipt of email and loss of their e-mail ID password.
- Candidates are requested to remember the password given by them during registration as it is important for further login.
- Candidates are strongly advised to apply online well in time without waiting for the last date for submission of online applications.
- Applicants should not submit multiple applications. However, if due to any unavoidable circumstances, any applicant submits multiple applications then he / she must ensure that the application with higher registration number is complete in all respects, which is the only one to be considered.
10. Indian Navy Recruitment General Instructions 2016 :
- Only Indian nationals can apply for the post.
- The applicant should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility and other norms mentioned in the advertisement. Particulars furnished in the application form should be correct in all respect. If any false or incorrect information furnished by the applicant is detected at any stage, his / her candidature will be cancelled without prejudice to take legal action against him/her.
- The eligibility with respect to age, educational qualification etc will be determined as on the closing date for online registration.
- In case, the candidates working in Central / State Government etc. fails to produce the NOC when demanded, his/her candidature will not be considered.
- No relaxation in age limit will be provided unless the category is filled appropriately at the relevant column in the application form.
- Beware of touts who may misguide you with false promise of getting you selected for the job on illegal consideration. Selection is based purely on merit. Indian Navy has the right of cancelling the candidature of any candidate found indulging in any malpractice/Unfair means or hiding any material information, misrepresenting facts or canvassing for candidature. Mobiles and other electronic gadgets are banned within the premises of the examination centres. Possession of such equipment whether in use or in switch off mode, during the examination will be considered as use of unfair means. All such candidates will be liable to be debarred from this examination as well as future examinations. A criminal proceeding may also be initiated.
- Candidates are also requested to check www.jobsuchi.com website regularly till completion of recruitment for updates / corrigendum and any further instructions.
- The SC/ST candidates should also enclose a latest copy of caste certificate duly self attested for claiming age / other relaxation and produce original certificate on demand.
- In case of OBCs, the candidate is required to produce, on demand, a caste certificate (valid for three financial years), specifying that the candidate does not belong to ‘creamy layer’. The certificate should be as per format contained in GOI.DOP&T OM 36036/2/2013-Estt.(Res) dated 13 May 2014 and 36033/1/2013-Estt(Res) dated 27 May 2013. In case date of issuance of OBC certificate is before the aforesaid period, the candidate will simply be treated as Unreserved/General candidate.
- Armed Forces personnel applying for the posts should forward undertaking as per GOI / DOP&T OM 36034/2/91/Estt.(SCT) dated 03rd Apr 1991 to avail age relaxation.
- The Persons with disabilities, who want to avail benefit of reservation and age relaxation have to submit disability certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the format given in Annexure-I of GOI/DOP&T OM 36035/3/2004-Estt(Res) dated 29 Dec 2005.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification No.F.6-1/ 2013-DL dated 10 Jun 2015 published in Gazette of India dated 25 Jul 2005, the qualification acquired by the individuals through open Universities/Distance Education Mode by the University established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature. Institutions Deemed to be universities under Section 3 of University Grant Commission Act,1956 and Institution of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stands automatically recognised for the purpose of employment to posts and services under Central Government provided they have been approved by the University Grant Commission Act.
- Duration of the written test may be of one day. Candidates will have to make their own arrangement for lodging / boarding during the test.