Indian Navy 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme Course 2011
1. Indian Navy Recruitment applications are invited from unmarried male candidates (fulfilling the conditions regarding nationality as laid down by the Government of India) to join the prestigious Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala under 10+2 Cadet (B.Tech) Entry Scheme.
Indian Navy Eligibility Conditions :
2. Age : 17 to 19½ years (i.e. born between 02 Jan 1992 & 01 Jul 1994. (both dates inclusive).
3. Indian Navy Educational Qualification :
Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 Pattern) or its equivalent from University / Board with at least 70 % aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and at least 50% marks in English (either in Class X or Class XII).
4. Physical Standards of Indian Navy :
Note : There will be no relaxation in physical standards.
5. (a) If you meet the above requirements, apply on a single plain A4 size paper as per format available in website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in. The envelop containing the form should be superscribed with “ 10+2 Cadet (B.Tech) Entry Scheme – Jul 2011 Course, Educational Qualification Percentage % in PCM. Send your Indian Navy application latest by 27 Dec 2010 to the following address :
Post Bag No. 4,
New Delhi – 110 021.
(b) Indian Navy Recruitment Application Forms must be sent in the format given in the advertisement, otherwise it will be rejected.
(c) Candidates submitting more than one Indian Navy application will be disqualified.
(d) The Indian Navy application must be accompanied by attested copies of 10th Standard. Certificate (for verification of date of birth) and other educational certificates as required.
(e) Application of Indian Navy and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged by thread or stapled. Integrated Headquarters of Min of Defence (Navy) [IHQ-MoD (Navy)] will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.
Note : The Indian Navy Recruitment application sent by Speed Post / Regd Post / Courier will not be accepted.
Type of Commission :
6. On successful completion of course / training, candidates will be granted Permanent Commission as Executive or Technical Officers ( Engineering, Electrical or Naval Architect Branches ) of the Indian Navy.
7. Indian Navy Selection Procedure :
The Selection Procedure of Indian Navy for the Entry is as follows :
1. The candidates will be issued Indian Navy call up for Services Selection Board (SSB) interviews based on their PCM marks in 10+2 / equivalent Examination.
2. SSB Indian Navy interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled during Feb to May 2011 at Bangalore, Bhopal or Coimbatore.
3. The total duration of SSB interviews is of 5 days, consisting Stage I (Day one) and Stage II (Four days). Stage I Tests consist of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Discussion Tests (PPDT). Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day from SSB centre. Stage II Tests consist of Psychological Tests, Group Task Tests, Group discussion and Interview. Successful candidates will therafter undergo Medical Examination at nearest military hospital for duration of 05 days.
4. Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training in order of all India merit depending on the number of vacancies.
5. Change of SSB centre for interview is not permissible.
6. Candidates who wish to change their SSB dates must apply to the President of the SSB. Award of fresh dates for SSB would be subject to avaibility at respective SSB.
7. No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
8. Return 2nd Class Sleeper rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for the entry.
8.The Indian Navy training is scheduled to commence in Jul 2011.
9. Selected Candidates will be inducted as Cadets for four year B.Tech course in Electronics & Communication or Mechanical Engineering at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala Kerala.
During the course, Cadets will be allotted Executive or Technical (Engineering, Electrical or Naval Architect Branch). On completion of the course, B.Tech Degree will be awarded by Jawahar Lal Nehru University (JNU).
The entire cost of training, including books and reading material, will be borne by the Indian Navy. The cadets will also be provided with free clothing and messing.
The Navy offers you On successful completion of training you will be commissioned as Sub Lieutenant. The benefits being an officer in the Navy are enumerated in succeeding paragraphs.
10. Indian Navy Pay Scale & Promotions :
The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfilment of requisite service conditions. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria is as follows :
|Rank||Pay Bands / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP|
11. Allowances (as applicable). The Rates of Allowances Applicable to Officers are as Follows :
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month (pm) (in Rs)|
|Technical||Technical Officer||2000-5000/pm depending
on course qualified
|Instructional||All Officers posted as Instructors||1800/pm|
|Flying Allowance||Qualified Pilot / Observer||9000-14000/pm|
|Marcos||Qualified As Marcos||9000-14000/pm|
|Sea going||All Naval Officers Serving on Onboard Ships||4200-5200/pm on basis of Rank (Sailing Only)|
|Uniform||All Officers||16000 (Initial grant) &
5000 (Every 3 Yrs)
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard area as declared by Govt.||25% of basic Pay|
|House Rent||All Officers not provided Govt. Accommodation||10-30 % of Basic (Pay Band + Grade Pay + MSP)|
|Transport||All Officers||1600-3200 ( + DA thereon)|