Indian Navy 10+2 Cadet ( B Tech ) Entry Scheme Dec 2012 – Application Form
1. Indian Navy 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme applications are invited from Unmarried Male Candidates ( fulfilling the conditions of nationality as laid down by the Govt of India ) to join the prestigious Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala under 10+2 Cadet ( B Tech ) Entry Scheme.
Eligibility Conditions for Indian Navy Cadet
2. Age : 17 to 19 ½ years ( i.e. born between 02 Jul 1993 & 01 Jan 1996 ) ( both dates inclusive ).
3. Indian Navy Cadet Entry Educational Qualification : Passed Senior Secondary Examination ( 10+2 Pattern ) or its equivalent from University / Board with at least 70 % aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics ( PCM ) and at least 50 % marks in English ( either in Class X or Class XII ).
4. Physical Standards for Indian Navy
(a) Height and Weight : Minimum height – 157 cms with correlated weight as per age.
(b) Eye Sight : The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Should not be colour / night blind.
Note : There will be no relaxation in physical standards.
The Indian Navy Offers You
5. On successful completion of training you will be commissioned as Sub Lieutenant. The benefits of being an officer in the Navy are enumerated in succeeding paragraphs.
6. Pay Scale & Promotions for Indian Navy : The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions.
The Indian Navy Pay Scale is as follows :
|Rank||Pay Bands / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP|
|Sub Lieutenant||PB-3 / 15600 - 39100||5400||6000|
|Lieutenant||PB-3 / 15600 - 39100||6100||6000|
|Lieutenant CDR||PB-3 / 15600 - 39100||6600||6000|
|Commander||PB-4 / 37400 - 67000||8000||6000|
|Captain||PB-4 / 37400 - 67000||8700||6000|
|Commodore||PB-4 / 37400 - 67000||8900||6000|
|Rear Admiral||PB-4 / 37400 - 67000||10000||-|
|Vice Admiral & Equivalent||HAG Scale / 67000-79000||-||-|
|Vice Admiral & Equivalent||HAG + Scale / 75500 - 80000||-||-|
|VCNS / C-IN-C / Equiv||Apex 80000||-||-|
|Admiral / Equiv||90000||-||-|
7. Indian Navy Allowances ( as applicable ) :
The rates of Indian Navy allowances applicable to officers are as follows :
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month ( pm ) ( in )|
|Technical||Technical Officers||2000 - 6250/pm depending on courses qualified|
|Instructional||All Officers posted as Instructors||2250 / pm|
|Flying Allowance||Qualified Pilot / Observer||11250 - 17500 / pm|
|Submarine||Qualified Submariner||11250 - 17500 / pm|
|Marcos||Qualified as Marcos||11250 - 17500 / pm|
|Diving||Clearance / Ships Diver||1000 / 500 / pm|
|Sea going||All Naval Officers Serving Onboard Ships ( Sailing Only )||5250 - 6500 / pm on basis of Rank|
|Uniform||All Officers||20000 ( Initial grant ) & 6250 ( Every 3 Yrs )|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt.||25% of basic Pay|
|House Rent||All Officers not provided Govt. Accommodation||10-30 % of Basic ( Pay Band + Grade Pay + MSP )|
|Transport||All Officers||1600-3200 (+ DA thereon )|
8. Cost to Company ( CTC ) : The CTC for a Sub Lieutenant would be approximately 65,000 /- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
9. Privileges : In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides Free Medical facilities for self & dependents, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Rations, Mess / Club / Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
10. Group Insurance & Gratuity : Insurance cover of 40 lakhs ( on contribution ) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force.
11. Indian Navy Leave Entitlements : Officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year ( subject to service exigencies ). They are also entitled 40 % rail concession to any place and free travel ( as per extant rules ) for self and dependents. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
12. Sports & Adventure : The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, wind surfing etc.
13. Physical fitness in Indian Navy : In Naval Academy curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on physical fitness. You are therefore, advised to remain fit by undertaking regular physical exercise, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you can meet the Indian Navy training goals successfully.