Indian Navy 10+2 Cadet B.Tech Entry Scheme June 2016 – Indian Navy 10+2 Cadet Entry Selection
The Indian Navy become a Permanent Commissioned Officer under 10+2 Cadet B ( Tech ) Entry Scheme Course Commencing – June 2016.
1. Applications for Indian Navy 10+2 Cadet B.Tech Entry 2016 are invited from unmarried male candidates ( fulfilling the conditions of nationality as laid down by the Govt of India ) to join the prestigious Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala under the 10+2 Cadet ( B. Tech ) Entry Scheme.
Eligibility Conditions for Indian Navy 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme 2016
2. Age Limit for Indian Navy 10+2 Cadet Entry : 17 to 19½ years ( i.e. born between 02 Jan 1997 & 01 Jul 1999 ( both dates inclusive ).
3. Indian Navy 10+2 Cadet Entry Educational Qualification : Passed Senior Secondary Examination ( 10+2 Pattern ) or its equivalent from University / Board with at least 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics ( PCM ) and at least 50% marks in English ( either in Class X or Class XII ).
4. Physical Standards for Indian Navy 10+2 Cadet B.Tech Entry :
- Height and Weight : Minimum height – 157 cms with correlated weight as per age.
- Eye Sight : The minimum acceptable vision standards for distant vision is 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Should not be colour / night blind.
- Tattoo : Permanent body tattoos on any part of the body are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal communities / from tribal areas as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face or forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist end on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand.
Note : There will be no relaxation in physical standards.
Training in Indian Navy 10+2 Cadet B.Tech Entry 2016
5. The Indian Navy 10+2 cadet training is scheduled to commence in June 2016.
6. Selected candidates will be inducted as Cadets for four year B Tech course in Electronics & Communication or Mechanical Engineering at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala. During the course, Cadets will be allotted Executive or Engineering including Naval Architect specialization or Electrical Branch. On completion of the course, B Tech Degree will be awarded by Jawaharlal Nehru University ( JNU ).
Note : The entire cost of training, including books and reading material, will be borne by the Indian Navy. The cadets will also be provided with free clothing and messing.
How to Apply for Indian Navy 10+2 Cadet B.Tech Entry Scheme 2016
7. Candidates are to fill in ‘e-application’ ( Online ) for Indian Navy 10+2 Cadet B.Tech Entry 2016. The candidates are to apply online ( e-application ) from 12 December 2015. The online application registration will cease on 02 Jan 2016. The procedure for applying online is explained in paras 17 & 18 below.
Important : Please read the instructions given on the website carefully before submitting your ‘e-application’ form.
8. Indian Navy 10+2 Cadet B.Tech Entry Online ( e-application ) : Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following :
- Correct filling up of personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the matriculation certificate.
- Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
9. Filling up of Indian Navy 10+2 Cadet B.Tech Entry e-application
For filling up application Online visit our website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and proceed as follows :
- Click on the ‘Officer Entry’ button under the option ‘Apply Online’ on the Home Page.
- Fill the online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field.
- After filling the form click on preview and check if all the information entered by you are correct.
- Before clicking the instructions for SSB Button, it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form are correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can read the instructions on conduct of SSB by clicking on the instruction for SSB button and can take the print of the application form by entering the details from the download sections under officer entry.
- Print two copies of the online Application Form having the system generated Application Number. Paste recent passport size colour photograph at the space provided and self attest the same. One copy of this Application Form is to be duly signed and mailed ( posted ) to Post Box No. 04, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 011 along with the following documents : Self attested photograph, Self attested photo copies of 10th & 12th class certificates along with Mark Sheets, In case CGPA, candidate is required to attach certificate issued by the university for conversion of CGPA in to percentage.
Application to be send by ordinary post only. Speed Post / Courier / Registered Post will not be accepted.
- A superscription is to be made on envelope : Online Application No. ___ Application for 10+2 Cadet ( B Tech ) Entry Scheme – June 2016 Course. Qualification ____ Percentage ____%. NCC ‘C’ Yes / No. Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged / stapled, IHQ MoD ( Navy ) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.
- Final receipt of the printout of the online Application Form with system generated Application Number and all documents as mentioned in sub Para (e) above ( if received by 12 Jan 2016 ) will be the final confirmation of receipt of your application at IHQ MoD ( Navy ). Hence, only filling the application online / generation of Application Number does not imply that the candidate has fulfilled all the criteria given in the Indian Navy advertisement.
- Your application is subject to subsequent scrutiny and the application can be rejected, if found ineligible / invalid at any point of time.