Indian Coast Guard Recruitment for Yantriks, Naviks - Application Form
Diploma Holders, 10+2 Passed & Matriculates join as Enrolled Personnel – 01/2011 Batch
- Indian Coast Guard applications are invited from male Indian nationals possessing educational qualifications and age, as prescribed below, for recruitment to the post of Yantriks, Naviks (General Duty) and Naviks (Domestic Branch) in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union.
- Eligibility for Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2010 :
|Post||Educational Qualification||Age for all categories|
|Yantrik ||Matriculate with three years Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics Engineering Recognised by AICTE.||Born between 01 Jan 89 to 01 Jan 93. (Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC / ST and 3 years for OBC candidates)|
|Navik (General Duty) ||10+2 with Maths and Physics from an educational board recognised by central/state government.||
Born between 01 Jan 89 to 01 Jan 93. (Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates)
|Domestic Branch (Cook & Steward) ||Matriculate||Born between 01 Apr 89 to 01 Apr 93 (Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC / ST and 3 years for OBC candidates)|
- Medical Standards for Indian Coast Guard 2010 :
- Height : Minimum 157 cms. (May be reduced by 5 cms in the case of Nepalese, Assamese including those from Nagaland, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Garhwal, Sikkim, local tribals of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, and by 2 cms in case of candidates from Lakshadweep, mainland settlers in Andaman & Nicobar and candidates joining the Indian Coast Guard on second appointment from other government departments).
- Chest : Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Weight : Proportionable to height and age + 10% acceptable.
- Yantrik : 6/12 (Good Eye) and 6/24 (Bad Eye).
- General Duty : 6/6 (Good Eye) and 6/9(Bad Eye) (Candidates using glasses are not eligible for GD Branch).
- Domestic Branch : 6/18(Good Eye) and 6/36 (Bad Eye).
- Hearing : normal
- Should have good set of teeth.
- Good health – free from all communicable diseases, medical or surgical deformity, should have no history of fits or psychiatric ailment. Candidates must be physically and mentally fit for duty anywhere in the world.
- Pay, Perks and Others Benefits :
(a) Pay :
Yantriks – Pay Scale 5200 – 20200 alongwith 2400 Grade Pay
Navik (GD) – Pay Scale 5200 – 20200 alongwith 2000 Grade Pay
Navik (DB) – Pay Scale 5200 – 20200 alongwith 1900 Grade Pay
In addition Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance, Island special duty allowance while posted at A&N Islands and any other allowances as admissible in the force.
(b) Other benefits :
- Free ration, clothing for self and medical treatment for self and family including dependent parents. Government accommodation for self & family on nominal licence fee or HRA. Insurance cover of 20 lakhs at a premium of 2000/- per month. Canteen and various loan facilities.
- Leave : 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with leave travel concession for self, family and dependent parents as per Government rules.
- Covered under Contributory Pension Scheme, Provident Fund and Gratuity on retirement.
- romotion prospects for promotion to the officer rank subject to suitability and performance.
- Indian Coast Guard Training :
The training is scheduled to commence in Feb 2011 for Yantrik and Navik (GD) and Apr 2011 for Navik (DB). The entire cost of training including books and reading material is borne by the Indian Coast Guard. New recruits will also be provided with free clothing and messing.
- Adventure and Sports :
The Indian Coast Guard provides opportunities to pursue sports and adventure activities such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding and wind surfing etc.
- Selection Procedure for Indian Coast Guard 2010 :
Written Test / Interview / Pre Physical Test:
- Candidates will be required to appear for written test. All those who pass the written test will be subjected to the interview. On qualifying interview, candidates will be subjected to Physical Fitness Test. Successful candidates will have to undergo medical examination.
- Subjects :
- Yantriks : The question paper for candidates appearing for the post of Yantriks will contain question from their respective discipline (Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics & Telecommunication).
- Navik (General Duty / Domestic Branch) :- Candidates will be required to appear for general Mental Ability Test followed by test in English, Mathematics, General Science and General Knowledge. The candidates are required to pass in all the tests and in aggregate.