Indian Coast Guard Special Recruitment 2017 for Assistant Commandant
Join Indian Coast Guard as an Assistant Commandant for General Duty / General Duty ( Pilot ) for Men Special Recruitment Drive ( SRD ) for SC/ST-01/2018 Batch )
The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, offers a challenging career to young and dynamic Indian candidates for various branches as an Assistant Commandant (Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officers) and invites ‘online’ application for SC & ST category only.
ICG Assistant Commandant Branch and Eligibility 2017 :
Indian citizens having following minimum qualifications are eligible to apply :
|Sl||Branch||Educational Qualification||Gender||Age ( Born between )|
|a.||General Duty||Should hold a Bachelor’s degree of recognised university with minimum 55% marks in aggregate (ie.1st Semester to 8th Semester for BE/B.Tech or 1st year to last year for Bachelor Degree Candidates wherever applicable). Mathematics and Physics as subjects up to intermediate or class XII of 10+2+3 scheme of education [Candidates not in possession of Physics & Maths in 10 + 2 (Intermediate) level are not eligible for General Duty(GD) & General Duty (Pilot).||Male||01st July, 1988 to 30th June, 1997 (Both dates inclusive).|
|b.||General Duty Pilot||Male||01st July, 1988 to 30th June, 1999 (Both dates inclusive).|
Note : Coast Guard reserves the right to fix the cut off percentage for issue of PSB call up letters.
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates failed in Computerised Pilot Selection System or suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy are not eligible for Pilot branch.
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training academy are not eligible to appear.
- Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- Only candidates cleared their final year / final semester exams and completed their degrees are to apply.
- Only candidates cleared their final year/ final semester exams and completed their degrees are to apply.
Indian Coast Guard Asst Commandant How to Apply 2016 :
a. ICG Assistant Commandant Applications 2017 will be accepted only ‘Online’ from 13th May, 2017 till 20th May, 2017 upto 1700 Hrs for the above branches The important instructions for filling up of online applications are as follows :
- The name of the candidate, father/mother’s name and date of birth should be same as mentioned in the 10th class passing certificate.
- Indicate exact percentage of 12th and Graduation marks upto two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
- Candidates to choose any one venue for PSB out of the options displayed.
- Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate is compulsory. The date, time and venue of the test and other information will be informed through personal email ID/CG Recruitment website.
- Applicants current or permanent address of online application should be same as the address mentioned in caste / category certificate.
b. To fill up “Online” application the candidates need to logon to the website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button. Read the instruction carefully and proceed as given below :
- Select the advertisement for Recruitment of Assistant Commandant – (SRD 01/2018 Batch).
- Select any one post to be applied from any one of the following :
- Assistant Commandant General Duty.
- Assistant Commandant General Duty ( Pilots ).
- Click on the ‘I Agree’ button and the ‘Online Application’ will be displayed.
- Proceed to fill the application (All Star (*) marked entries are compulsory and to be filled).
- On completion of filling application, recheck your data entry details carefully once again prior clicking on the Submit button.
- On successful submission of the online application a unique Application / Registration number will be provided to the candidate. Candidates must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval/ reprint of admit card. Applicants to take print out of the admit card through URL http://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx from 24th to 31st May, 2017 only post short listing of the online application. For candidates NOT meeting the eligibility criteria, a ‘Rejection Slip, giving the cause of rejection with the Application Number’ will be displayed. Short – listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination centre and the branch.
- Candidates are required to print two copies of the application with roll number generated by the system. Both copies of the print out of application duly signed with recent identical photograph (not older than 03 months) are to be carried by the applicant to the recruitment centre. Out of the above two copies, one copy enclosed with photocopies of all required documents i.e. class 10th certificate and mark sheet showing date of birth, 12th class certificate along with mark sheet showing subjects, Degree certificate showing percentage of marks, caste certificate wherever required and NCC ‘C’ certificate / games certificate duly attested shall be carried by the candidate and submitted at the examination Centre. Second copy without any enclosure is to be kept with the candidate as an identity proof during the selection procedure. Any candidate who does not carry all these documents at the time of PSB shall not be permitted to appear in the exam.
Note : Candidate can apply for one branch only. Filling of multiple applications will result in cancellation of all applications of such candidates.
*Last Date for Applying Online : 20th May, 2017 till 17:00 hrs.
ICG Assistant Commandant Preliminary Selection Exam 2017 :
ICG Commandant Preliminary Selection Board Schedule 2017 :
Schedule for Preliminary Selection Examination. Candidates to reach the allotted centre at least 30 minutes prior to starting of Exam. The date and time of the examination will be intimated through candidates e-mail ID and Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. The Preliminary Selection will be conducted from 1st week of June, 2017 at following centres or any other centre promulgated by Coast Guard :
- Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (West),
Worli Sea Face,
PO – Worli Colony,
Mumbai – 400 030
- Coast Guard Store Depot,
CG Complex Near Kalmandapam Police Station,
GM Pettai Road, Royapuram,
Chennai – 600 013
- Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (North East)
Synthesis Business Park
6th floor, Shrachi Building, New Town Rajarhat
Kolkata – 700 161
- Coast Guard Selection Board,
Opposite HCL Technologies Ltd.,
District – Gautam Budha Nagar,
Noida, UP – 201 301.
Note : The Changes in address of recruitment centre if any will be promulgated through the Coast Guard Recruitment 2017.
ICG Assistant Commandant Selection Procedure 2017 :
Short Listing of Applications : Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the qualifying cut off for a particular branch or centre may be increased more than 55% if more applications with higher % are received.
Indian Coast Guard Asst Commandant Preliminary Selection 2017 :
Stage – I
Preliminary Selection : Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test / Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test (PP&DT). The aptitude test will be in English only and will be objective type. During PP&DT the candidates are expected to speak and discuss in English. However they are free to speak in Hindi if they wish to do so. Date / time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage. Candidates are required to appear at the Venue with the following documents :
- Two copies of computer generated pre-filled online application form with recent colour passport size photo affixed (Not older than 03 months).
- Original pass certificate and mark sheet of 10th class.
- Original pass certificate and mark sheet of 12th examination.
- Original degree certificate with all semesters/years mark sheets of BE/B.Tech/Graduation with CPA/CGPA conversion for percentage of marks from university.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, Adhaar Card, voter I card, college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- Caste Certificate in original as per Govt. of India and State Government for all candidates.
- Character certificate. (Should not be older than six months on the date called for PSB).
- Candidates completed their Degree in 2016 must be in possession of Original / Provisional Degree issued
by the University. Candidates completed their Degree in and before 2015 must be in possession of Original Degree issued by the University, if not the candidate must be in a possession of “Non issuance of Degree Certificate” issued / signed from the concerned University only. No candidates will be permitted to appear in PSB without above documents in Original.
- The CGPA should be corroborated with 55% of the total marks as issued from the University.
- No amendment / correction will be allowed pertaining to any data post submission of online application forms later on either during PSB or FSB.
Stage – II
- ICG Assistant Commandant Final Selection 2017 : Final Selection. The candidates qualifying above Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection. The date and venue for Final Selection Board (FSB) will be uploaded on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. The Final Selection will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview (Personality test).
- ICG Assistant Commandant Medical Exam 2017 : All candidates recommended by Final Selection Board will undergo Medical examination at nearest Military Hospital. Candidates for GD (Pilot) will undergo medical at AFCME, Delhi / IAM, Bengaluru.
- CPSS : GD (Pilot) candidates on qualifying FSB will be required to appear for CPSS at Dehradun / Mysore AFSBs. Those already qualified CPSS are to provide details of batch, Chest number and place while filling up PIQ forms during FSB.
- Validity of Selection : The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final merit list will have no rights for automatic selection for the next batch. Such candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
- Reasons for Rejection :The Candidature of a candidate can be rejected at any time during the process of selection if
- Having detected not meeting any of the above laid down criteria / conditions of educational qualifications, age, submission of wrong information in the application or false certificates etc.
- Act of indiscipline activities including Copying, Cheating, Malpractices or data recording during any of the testing procedures.
- Merit List : Recommendation in FSB does not confirm final selection. A merit list will be prepared for the medically fit candidates on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at FSB and depending upon the availability of vacancies. The number of vacancies may vary from branch to branch and will be decided at a later date depending on the number of training vacancies available at training establishments. The list of candidates selected on the basis of merit list will be uploaded in Coast Guard recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in during the month of December, 2017.
ICG Assistant Commandant Medical Standards 2017
As per laid down procedures, updated time to time. However, broad guidelines are as follows :
- Height :
- Assistant Commandant (GD) : 157 cms minimum. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Government regulations.
- Assistant Commandant (Pilot) : Height Minimum 162.5 cms, leg length minimum 99 cms.
- Weight : Proportionate to the Height and Age, + 10 % acceptable.
- Chest : Well proportionate, minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Eye Sight :i. Asst Commandant ( GD ) :6/6 6/9 – Uncorrected without Glass.
6/6 6/6 – Corrected with Glass.ii. Asst Commandant GD ( Pilot ) : 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other correctable to 6/6.
iii. Asst Commandant ( Tech ) :
6/36 6/36 – Uncorrected without Glass.
6/6 6/6 – Corrected with Glass.
Tattoo : Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body. However certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas communities as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face or forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist end on the reverse side of palm/back(dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
Note : The above mentioned requirements are broad medical guidelines / standards only. However, in addition to above, more medical standards are required and same will be examined / tested during initial medical examination post FSB ( No waiver will be considered for the above standards ).
Travel Allowance : Free boarding & lodging facility for the duration of FSB will be provided. To & Fro travelling fares by AC III/Chair Car or actual normal bus fare to the candidates appearing in FSB(Stage-II) will be reimbursed on production of original tickets as per GOI policy. No TA will be paid to candidates appearing for the written qualifying test i.e. Stage-I (Preliminary Selection Board).
ICG Asst Commandant General Guidelines 2017 :
- Candidates should be prepared to stay for 02 days for the Preliminary Selection for which they have to make their own arrangements.
- Candidates to regularly visit the CG website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in for latest updates regarding change in examination dates, venues and any other information.
- Due limited vacancies Indian Coast Guard reserves the right to fix cut-off marks of the qualifying examination for applying and issue of call-up letters. No communication will be entertained on this account.
- Mobile phones or any other electronic gadgets or pen cameras are not permitted during any test, examinations, group discussion and interviews etc.
- Any change in the postal address after submission of application must be communicated by post duly quoting your Registration number, name and branch opted for.
- Original certificates should not be attached with the application form. Indian Coast Guard will not take responsibility for loss of original certificates, if attached with application. Photo should be pasted and not stapled. All certificates and relevant documents Xeroxed for verification along with original for PSB/FSB, must be attested.
- In case of more number of candidates applying for one Centre, a few candidates may be allotted other Centre.
- The application and the original documents will be further scrutinized for eligibility prior to each test / FSB, enrolment and the candidature will be cancelled if not found eligible in any respect.
- No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment / enrolment after a period of six months.
Indian Coast Guard Offers You
ICG Assistant Commandant Pay Scale 2017 : On joining Coast Guard you will be placed in Basic Pay 56,100 (Pay Level-10) as per 7th Pay Commission. The following Pay / Allowances would be applicable in a month on appointment as Assistant Commandant in Coast Guard :
|Pay in Pay Band ( Common to all Branches )||56100|
|Dearness Allowance as admissible as on time to time||-|
|Kit Maintenance Allowance||600|
|Flying allowance ( For Pilots - on award of wings )||13500 – 21000 /- Month|
|Diving allowance ( For Divers - on successful completion of Diving course )||600 - 1200 /- Month|
In addition to the pay, other allowances as mentioned below will be admissible based on nature of duty/place of posting as per the regulations.
|Transport allowance||7000 ( Major City) / 3500 (Other City)|
|House Rent allowance (if not holding Govt. accommodation)||10% - 30% of Basic Pay + Grade Pay, as per the class of city|
|Sea Duty allowance||6600 – 7800 on basis of rank|
|Outfit allowance||24000 initially and 7500 in every 03 years|
Allowances intimated above for serial (iii) to (ix) are as per 6th Pay Commission. Same are under revision in the 7th Pay Commission.
Further promotions to the ranks will be as per the laid down promotion criteria. The pay scales for the various ranks are as follows :
|Rank||Matrix||Starting Basic Pay|
ICG Asst Commandant Other Benefits :
- Entitled rations as per Government orders in force.
- Medical cover for self and family including dependent parents.
- Government accommodation for self & family on nominal license fee.
- 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for self, family and dependent parents as per Government rules.
- Insurance cover of 75 lakhs at a premium of 7500/- per month as Group insurance.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.
- Canteen facilities and various loan facilities.
- Participation in various sports and adventure activities.
- ECHS medical facilities after retirement.
Disclaimer : The terms and conditions given in this advertisement are subject to change and should therefore be treated as guidelines only. Details are also available on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
* Candidates to see Coast Guard Recruitment Website for updates. This is an indicative advertisement only.
Caution : Selection in Coast Guard is fair and on Merit only. Candidate should not fall prey to unscrupulous persons posting as recruitment agents. For complaint against such persons, candidate must approach the director ( Recruitment ) Coast Guard HQ, Selection Board, Noida on telephone – 0120-2414395.