Indian Coast Guard Special Recruitment 2016 for Assistant Commandant
Join Indian Coast Guard as an Assistant Commandant for General Duty / General Duty ( Pilot ) / Technical Branch (Mechanical & Electrical) / Short Service Pilot ( CPL )
Special Recruitment Drive ( SRD ) for SC / ST ( 01 / 2017 Batch )
The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, offers a challenging career to young and dynamic Indian candidates for various branches as an Assistant Commandant ( Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officers ) and invites ‘online’ application for SC & ST category only.
ICG Assistant Commandant Branch and Eligibility 2016 : Indian citizens having following minimum qualifications are eligible to apply :
|Sl||Branch||Educational Qualification||Gender||Age ( Born between )|
Should hold a Bachelor’s degree of recognised university with minimum 55% marks in aggregate. ( i.e. 1st Semester to 8th Semester for BE / B.Tech or 1st year to last year for Bachelor Degree Candidates wherever applicable ). Mathematics and Physics as subject up to intermediate or class XII of 10+2+3 scheme of education or equivalent.
|Male||01st July, 1987 to 30th June, 1996 ( Both dates inclusive ).|
|b.||General Duty Pilot||Male||01st July, 1987 to 30th June, 1998 ( Both dates inclusive ).|
|c.||Technical Branch (Mechanical and Electrical)|
(only for ST Category)
|Engineering degree with 55% marks in aggregate or Should have passed Sections A and B examination from the Institution of Engineers (India) in any of the discipline listed below with 55% marks.||Male||01st July, 1987 to 30th June, 1996 ( Both dates inclusive ).|
|(a.) Engineering Branch :
Naval architecture or Mechanical or Marine or Automotive or Mechatronics or Industrial and Production or Metallurgy or Design or Aeronautical or Aerospace.
|(b) Electrical Branch :
Electrical or Electronics or Telecommunication or Instrumentation or Instrumentation and Control or Electronics and Communication or Power Engg. or Power Electronics.
|* All the above streams of Engg. must be recognised by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE).|
|Short Service Appointments : Short Service Appointments as Assistant Commandant for a period of 08 years, which may be extended to 10 years and further extendable up to 14 years.|
|d.||Pilots ( CPL )||12th class pass with 60% marks in aggregate and should possess current / valid Commercial Pilot License ( CPL ) issued / validated by DGCA on the date of submission of application.||Male and Female||01st July, 1987 to 30th June, 1998 ( Both dates inclusive ).|
- Candidates those who have already appeared PSB / FSB of 01/2017 batch for Asst Commandant are not eligible to apply for this SRD.
- Coast Guard reserves the right to fix the cut off percentage for issue of PSB call up letters.
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates failed in Pilot Aptitude Battery Test ( PABT ) and CPSS or suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy are not eligible for Pilot branch.
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training academy are not eligible to appear.
- Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- Only candidates cleared their final year / final semester exams and completed their degrees are to apply.
Indian Coast Guard Asst Commandant How to Apply 2016 :
a. ICG Assistant Commandant Applications 2016 will be accepted only ‘Online’ from 08th September, 2016 to 15th September, 2016 till 17:00 hrs for the above branches. The important instructions for filling of ICG Assistant Commandant online application 2016 are as follows :
- The name of the candidate, father / mother’s name and date of birth should be same as mentioned in the 10th class pass certificate.
- Indicate exact percentage of 12th and Graduation marks upto two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
- Candidates to choose any one venue for PSB out of the options displayed.
- Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate is compulsory. The date, time and venue of the test and other information will be informed through personal email ID / CG Recruitment website.
- Either the current or permanent address of online application should be same as the address mentioned in caste/category certificate (SC&ST). If the address is different, then supporting document for the address as mentioned in SC & ST certificate to be produced.
b. To fill up “Online” application for Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant 2016 the candidates need to logon to the website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button. Read the instruction carefully and proceed as given below :
- Select the advertisement for Recruitment of Assistant Commandant – ( SRD 01/2017 Batch ).
- Select any one post applied from any one of the following :
- Asst. Commandant General Duty.
- Asst. Commandant General Duty ( Pilots ).
- Asst. Commandant Technical ( Electrical/Electronics ).
- Asst. Commandant Technical ( Mechanical/Aeronautical ).
- Asst. Commandant Technical ( Commercial Pilot License – SSA ).
- Click on the ‘I Agree’ button and the ‘Online Application’ will be displayed.
- Proceed to fill the application ( All Star (*) marked entries are compulsory and to be filled ).
- On completion of filling application, recheck your data entry details carefully once again prior clicking on the submit button.
- On successful submission of the online application a unique Application / Registration number will be provided to the candidate. Candidates must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval / reprint of admit card. Applicants to take print out of the admit card through URL http://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx from 19th September, 2016 only post short listing of the ICG Assistant Commandant online application 2016. For candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria, a ‘Rejection Slip, giving the cause of rejection with the Application Number’ will be displayed.
- Candidates are required to print two copies of the application with roll number generated by the system. Both copies of the print out of application duly signed with recent identical photograph ( not older than 03 months ) are to be carried by the applicant to the Indian Coast Guard recruitment centre. Out of the above two copies, one copy enclosed with photocopies of all required documents i.e. class 10th certificate and mark sheet showing date of birth, 12th class/ equivalent certificate along with mark sheet showing subjects, Degree certificate showing percentage of marks, caste certificate wherever required and NCC ‘C’ certificate / games certificate duly attested shall be carried by the candidate and submitted at the examination centre. Second copy without any enclosure is to be kept with the candidate as an identity proof during the selection procedure. Any candidate who does not carry all these documents at the time of PSB shall not be permitted to appear in the exam.
Note : Candidate can apply for one branch only. Filling of multiple applications will result in cancellation of all applications of such candidates.
*Last Date for Applying Online : 15th September, 2016 till 17:00 hrs.
ICG Asst Commandant Preliminary Selection Exam 2016 :
ICG Commandant Preliminary Selection Board Schedule 2016 :
|SI.No||Exam Centre||PSB Dates|
|1.||Kolkata||22nd September, 2016|
|2.||Chennai||22nd September, 2016, 23rd September, 2016|
|3.||Noida||23rd September, 2016 to 28th September, 2016|
|4.||Mumbai||25th September, 2016, 26th September, 2016|
Candidates to reach the allotted centre at least 30 minutes prior to starting of Exam. The date and time of the examination will be intimated through candidates e-mail ID and Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in The Preliminary Selection will be tentatively commenced from 22nd September, 2016 to 25th September, 2016 at following centres or any other centre promulgated by Coast Guard :
- Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (West),
Worli Sea Face,
PO- Worli Colony,
Mumbai – 400 030
- Coast Guard Store Depot,
CG Complex Near Kalmandapam Police Station,
GM Pettai Road,
Chennai – 600 013
- Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (North East)
Synthesis Business Park
6th floor, Shrachi Building, New Town Rajarhat
Kolkata – 700 161
- Coast Guard Selection Board,
A – 1, Sector – 24,
Opposite HCL Technologies Ltd.,
District – Gautam Budha Nagar,
UP – 201 301.
Note : The changes in address of recruitment centre if any will be promulgated through the Coast Guard Recruitment website.
ICG Asst Commandant Selection Procedure 2016 :
Short Listing of Applications : Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the qualifying cut off for a particular branch or centre may be increased more than 55% if more applications with higher percentage are received.
Indian Coast Guard Asst Commandant Preliminary Selection 2016 :
Stage – I
Preliminary Selection : Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test / Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception and Discussion Test ( PP & DT ). The aptitude test will be in English only and will be objective type. During PP&DT the candidates are expected to speak and discuss in English. However they are free to speak in Hindi if they wish to do so Date / time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage. Candidates are required to appear at the venue with the following documents :
- Two copies of computer generated pre-filled online application form with recent colour passport size photo affixed ( not older than 03 months ).
- Original pass certificate and mark sheet of 10th class.
- Original pass certificate and mark sheet of 12th examination/equivalent.
- Original Degree Certificate with all semester / years mark sheets of BE / BTech /Graduation with CPA/CGPA conversion for percentage marks from university.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, Adhaar Card, voter ID card, college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- Caste Certificate.
- Current and Valid Commercial Pilot License ( issued & validated by DGCA ) in original and flying log book for Assistant Commandant CPL entry only.
- Character certificate (should not older than six months on the date called for PSB).
- Candidates completed their Degree in 2016 must be in possession of Original / Provisional Degree issued by the University. Candidates completed their Degree in and before 2015 must be in possession of Original Degree issued by the University.
- If not the candidate must be in a possession of “Non issuance of Degree Certificate” issued / signed from the concerned University only. No candidates will be permitted to appear in PSB without above documents in Original.
- The CGPA should be corroborated with 55% of the total marks as issued from the University.
- No amendment/correction will be allowed pertaining to any data post submission of online application form later on either during PSB or FSB.
Stage – II
- ICG Assistant Commandant Final Selection 2016 : The candidates qualifying above Preliminary Selection will be called for Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Final Selection 2016 at Noida with effect from 03rd October, 2016 to 07th October, 2016. The Final Selection Board will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview ( Personality test ). All documents/certificates verified during PSB are also required to be produced in originals during FSB
- ICG Assistant Commandant Medical Exam 2016 : All candidates recommended by Final Selection Board will undergo Medical examination at nearest Military Hospital. Candidates for GD ( Pilot ) and CPL will undergo medical at AFCME, Delhi / IAM, Bengaluru.
- PABT & CPSS : GD ( Pilot ) candidates on qualifying FSB will be required to appear for PABT and CPSS at Dehradun / Mysore AFSBs. Those already qualified PABT & CPSS are to provide details of batch, Chest number and place while filling up PIQ forms during FSB.
- Validity of Selection : The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final merit list will have no rights for automatic selection for the next batch. Such candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
- Reasons for Rejection : The candidature of a candidate can be rejected at any time during the process of selection if :
- Having detected not meeting any of the above laid down criteria / conditions of education qualification, age, submission of wrong information in the application or false certificates etc.
- Act of Indiscipline activities including copying, cheating, Malpractices or date recording during any of the testing procedures.
- Merit List :Recommendation in FSB does not confirm final selection. A merit list will be prepared for the medically fit candidates on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at FSB and depending on the availability of vacancies. The number of vacancies may vary from branch to branch and will be decided at a later date depending on the number of training vacancies available at the training establishments. The list of candidates selected on the basis of merit list will be uploaded in Coast Guard recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in during the month of December, 2016.
ICG Assistant Commandant Medical Standards 2016
As per laid down procedures, updated from time to time. However, broad guidelines are as follows,
- Height :
- Asst Commandant ( GD ) and Technical : 157 cms minimum. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. regulations.
- Asst Commandant (Pilot) and Asst Commandant Commercial Pilot License (CPL) holders for Short Service Appointment (Men/Women) :
Minimum Height 162.5 cms, and maximum 197 cms leg length minimum 99 cms.
- Weight : Proportionate to the Height and Age, ±10% acceptable.
- Chest : Well proportionate, minimum expansion 5 cm.
- Eye Sight :
i. Asst Commandant ( GD ) :
6/6 6/9 – Uncorrected without Glass.
6/6 6/6 – Corrected with Glass.
ii. Asst Commandant GD ( Pilot ) / CPL Holders SSA :
6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other correctable to 6/6.
iii. Asst Commandant ( Tech ) :
6/36 6/36 – Uncorrected without Glass.
6/6 6/6 – Corrected with Glass.
Note : The above mentioned requirements are broad medical guidelines / standards only. However, in addition to above, more medical standards are required and same will be examined / tested during initial medical examination post FSB.(No waiver will be considered for the above standards)
Travel Allowance : Free boarding & lodging facility for the duration of FSB will be provided. To & Fro travelling fares by AC III Tier / AC Chair Car or actual bus fare to the candidates appearing in FSB for the first time will be reimbursed. No TA will be paid to candidates appearing for the written qualifying test i.e. Stage I ( Preliminary Selection Board ).
ICG Asst Commandant General Guidelines 2016 :
- Candidates should be prepared to stay for 02 days for the ICG Assistant Commandant Preliminary Selection for which they have to make their own arrangement.
- Candidates to regularly visit the CG website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in for latest updates regarding change in examination dates, venues and any other information.
- Due limited vacancies Indian Coast Guard reserves the right to fix cut off marks of the qualifying examination for applying and issue of call letters. No communication will be entertained on this account.
- Mobile phones or any other electronic gadgets or pen cameras are not permitted during any test, examinations, group discussion and interviews etc.
- Any change in the postal address after submission of application must be communicated by post duly quoting your Registration number, name and branch opted for.
- Original certificates should not be attached with the application form. Indian Coast Guard will not take responsibility for loss of original certificates, if attached with application. Photo should be pasted and not stapled. All certificates and relevant document photocopies for scrutiny along with original for PSB / FSB, must be duly attested.
- In case of more number of candidates applying for one Centre, a few candidates may be allotted other centre.
- The application and the original documents will be further scrutinized for eligibility prior to PSB / FSB, enrolment, and the candidature will be cancelled if not found eligible in any respect.
- No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment / enrolment after a period of six months from the PSB date.
Indian Coast Guard Offers You
ICG Assistant Commandant Pay Scale 2016 : On joining Indian Coast Guard you will be placed in Pay Band – 3 56100/-. The following Pay / Allowances would be applicable in a month on appointment as Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant :
|Pay in Pay Band ( Common to all Branches )||56100|
|Dearness Allowance as admissible as on time to time|
|Kit Maintenance Allowance||600|
In addition to the pay, Other allowances will be admissible based on nature of duty / place of as per the regulations.
|Flying allowance (For Pilots - on award of wings)||13500 – 21000 / month|
|Diving allowance (For Divers - on successful completion of Diving course)||600 - 1200 / month|
|Transport allowance||7000 ( Major City) / 3500(Other City)|
|House Rent allowance (if not holding Govt. accommodation)||10% - 30% of Basic Pay as per the class of city|
|Sea Duty allowance||6600 – 7800 on basis of rank|
|Outfit allowance||24000 initially and 7500 in every 03 years|
Further promotions to the ranks will be as per the laid down promotion criteria. The pay scales for the various ranks are as follows :
|Rank||Matrix||Starting Basic Pay|
|Comdt ( JG )||(12)||78800|
ICG Asst Commandant Other Benefits :
- Entitled rations as per Government orders inforce.
- Medical cover for self and family including dependent parents.
- Government accommodation for self & family on nominal license fee.
- 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession ( LTC ) for self, family and dependent parents as per Govt. rules.
- Insurance cover of 50 lakhs at a premium of 5000/- per month as Group insurance.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.
- Canteen facilities and various loan facilities.
- Participation in various sports and adventure activities.
- ECHS medical facilities after recruitment.
Disclaimer : The terms and conditions given in the advertisement are subject to change and therefore be treated as guidelines only. Details are also available on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
Candidates to see Coast Guard Website for updates.
Caution : Selection in Coast Guard is fair and on Merit only. Candidate should not fall prey to unscrupulous persons posting as recruitment agents. For complaint against such persons, candidate must approach the director ( Recruitment ) Coast Guard HQ, Selection Board, Noida on telephone – 0120-2414395.