Indian Coast Guard
( Ministry of Defence )
Opportunity for 10+2 pass with Maths and Physics and matriculates to join as enrolled personnel ( 02/2012 Batch ).
Indian Coast Guard invites applications from male Indian nationals possessing educational qualifications and age, as prescribed below, for recruitment to the post of Navik ( General Duty ) and Navik ( Domestic Branch ) in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union.
Eligibility for Navik
|Navik ( General Duty )||10+2 / equivalent examination with 60% marks in aggregate with Maths and Physics as subjects and atleast one of these subjects : Chemistry / Biology / Computer Science from an education board recognised by Central / State Government.||Born between 01 Aug 90 to 31 Jul 94. ( Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC / ST and 3 years for OBC candidates ).|
|Domestic Branch ( Cook & Steward )||10th class pass with 50% marks in aggregate from an education board recognised by Central / State Government.||Born between 01 Oct 90 to 30 Sep 94. ( Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC / ST and 3 years for OBC candidates )|
Pay, Perks and Other Benefits in Indian Coast Guard
Navik ( General Duty ) – Pay Scale 5200 – 20200 alongwith 2000 Grade Pay.
Navik ( Domestic Branch ) – Pay Scale 5200 – 20200 alongwith 1900 Grade Pay.
In addition Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance and other liberal allowances as approved by Govt.
Promotion in Indian Coast Guard 2012
- Promotion prospects exist upto the rank of Pradhan Adhikari with pay scale 9300 – 34800 plus Grade pay @ 4800/-.
- Promotion to the officer cadre subject to suitability and performance.
- Free ration, free clothing, free medical treatment for self and family including dependent parents.
- Government accommodation for self & family on nominal licence fee.
- 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with leave travel concession for self, family and dependent parents as per Govt. rules.
- Insurance cover of 20 lakhs at a premium of 2000/- per month as Group insurance.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.
- Canteen and various loan facilities.
- Sports and adventure activities such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding and wind surfing etc.