Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 02/2016 Batch for Yantrik Diploma Holders
Indian Coast Guard excellent Opportunity for three years Technical Diploma Holders to join as Yantrik 02/2016 Batch.
1. Indian Coast Guard applications are invited from Indian Male candidates possessing educational qualification and age, as prescribed below, for recruitment to the post of Yantrik in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union.
2. Indian Coast Guard Yantrik Eligibility Criteria 2016 :
ICG Yantrik Educational Qualification 2016 : Three years Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent branch recognised / Approved by All India Council of Technical Education ( AICTE ) with 60% in aggregate. ( 5% relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for outstanding sports person of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship / Interstate National Championship. This relaxation will also be applicable to the wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service ).
3. Age Limit for Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 2016 : Minimum 18 years and maximum 22 years i.e between 01 Aug 1994 to 31 Jul 1998. ( Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC / ST and 3 years for OBC category candidates ).
4. Application for Indian Coast Guard Yantrik Recruitment 2016
- Indian Coast Guard Yantrik Applications 2016 will be accepted ‘Online only’ from 02 February 2016 to 08 February 2016 till 17:00 hrs. Candidates to logon www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button. The important instructions for filling of online application for Indian Coast Guard Yantrik are :
- The name of the candidate, father / mother’s name and date of birth should be mentioned as per the 10th class certificate.
- Indicate exact percentage of marks in diploma upto two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
- Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate are compulsory. The date, time and venue of the test and other information will be informed through personal email ID.
- Candidates to choose any one venue out of the options displayed.
- To fill up “Online” application for Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 2016 the candidates need to logon to the website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button. Read the instructions carefully and proceed as given below :
- Select the advertisement for Yantrik 02/2016 batch ( Diploma in Electrical / Mechanical / Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering ).
- Select the post applied from any one of the following :
- Yantrik Technical ( Mechanical )
- Yantrik Technical ( Electrical )
- Yantrik Technical ( Electronics and Telecommunication )
- Read the instructions and click on the ‘I Agree’ button and the ‘Online Application’ will be displayed.
- Proceed to fill up the Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 2016 application ( All Star (*) marked entries are compulsory and to be filled ).
- On completion of filling Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 2016 application, check your filled details once again prior clicking on the Submit button.
- Candidate shall ensure that all data is checked before clicking submit button. Any variation from 10th certificate regarding Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Percentage in Diploma and category will not be allowed to sit in examination and his candidature will be cancelled.
- All candidates shall correctly fill up their mobile number and email id. In case, the candidate is not having mobile number his parent’s / guardian’s mobile number to be mentioned with name.
- On successful submission of the Indian Coast Guard Yantrik Online Application 2016 a unique Application / Registration number will be provided to the candidate. Candidate must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval / reprint of the admit card. Applicants to take printout of the admit card through URL http://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx from 20 February to 29 February 2016 post short listing of the online application. For candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria, a “rejection slip giving the cause of rejection with the application number” will be displayed. Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination centre.
- Candidates are required to bring three copies of the application form having allotted roll number with latest identical colour passport size photographs with blue background pasted and signed at the bottom of application form against space provided for the signature ( Photograph shall not be older than one month ). Candidates shall keep one application form ready alongwith photocopies of all required documents attested i.e. 10th class passing certificate and mark sheet, diploma certificate and mark sheet of all semester, caste certificate wherever required and sports certificate shall be carried by the candidate and submitted at the examination centre on the date of examination. Any candidate who does not carry all these documents at the time of examination shall not be permitted to appear in the examination.
Note : Filling of multiple applications will result in cancellation of all Indian Coast Guard application.
*Last Date for Indian Coast Guard Yantrik Applying Online : 08 February 2016 till 17:00 hrs.
5. Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 2016 written test will be conducted at following recruitment centres.
|Exam Centre||Address||Exam Centre||Address|
|Mumbai||Coast Guard Regional Headquarters ( West ),|
Worli Sea Face PO,
Mumbai - 30
|Visakhapatnam||Indian Coast Guard Enclave,
Behind Port High School,
Andhra Pradesh - 530 011.
|Chennai||Indian Coast Guard Store Depot,|
Near Kalmandapam Police Station,
GM Pettai Road,
Chennai - 13
|Gandhi Nagar||Coast Guard Region ( NW ),
7th Floor, Block No - 12,
Gujarat - 382 010.
|Kolkata||Coast Guard Regional Headquarters ( North East ),|
Synthesis Business Park,
6th floor Shrachi Building,
New Town Rajarhat,
West Bengal - 700 157.
|Noida||Indian Coast Guard Selection Board Noida,
A-1, Sector-24, Opposite HCL Technologies,
Dist Gautam Budh Nagar,
Noida, UP - 201 301.
|Kochi||Indian Coast Guard Dist HQs No - 4,|
Kerala - 682 004.
|Paradip||Indian Coast Guard Dist. HQs No - 7,
Orissa - 754 142.
Note : The Coast Guard reserves the right to cancel / reconduct the examination of a particular centre or change the centre of the candidates for administrative / other reasons.
6. Selection Procedure for Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 2016 : The ‘Online’ Applications will be sorted out centre wise. The conduct of test is planned in the month of April 2016. Indian Coast Guard Yantrik Selection procedure 2016 is as follows :
- Short-listing criteria for Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 2016 applications will be based on higher percentage of marks in the diploma for a particular examination centre. SC and ST candidates will be given due weightage while short listing.
- The qualifying cut off percentage can be increased if more number of applications are received.
- The Indian Coast Guard Yantrik written tests 2016 will be objective type. The questions paper will contain questions from their respective branch ( Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics & Telecommunication ) and will also include some questions of general knowledge, reasoning aptitude & English.
- Those who qualify written tests will undergo Physical Fitness Test ( PFT ) and initial Medical Examination. The Indian Coast Guard Yantrik testing procedure will take 1 – 2 days.
- The Indian Coast Guard Yantrik Physical Fitness Test 2016 will be conducted for all those who pass the written tests. Qualifying PFT as per the standards given below is compulsory. The PFT will consist as under :
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 squat ups ( Uthak Baithak ).
- 10 Push ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Note : The candidates physically challenged are not eligible to apply for this post.
- Candidates those who qualify the physical fitness test will be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment centre.
- Based on the performance in the Indian Coast Guard Yantrik written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for medical examination in a ratio as may be decided by Indian Coast Guard. Mere declaration of fit in initial medical examination does not indicate selection of the candidate for the final medical at INS Chilka.
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies in Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 2016. The All India select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of July 2016.
7. List of Documents : Shortlisted candidates through ‘Online’ application will be called for test at given date and time. Candidates are required to appear at the Venue with the following documents. Original educational certificates will be returned after verification.
- Three copies of pre-filled online application.
- Original mark sheet and passing certificate of tenth class.
- Original mark sheet and certificates of three year diploma.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, voter I card, Aadhar card, School / college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- Original caste certificate ( if applicable ) of their respective state issued by Tehsildar / SDM / DM.
- OBC certificate in original as per Govt of India format ( No other format will be entertained ).
- Ten recent colour passport size identical photographs with Blue background.
Selection of candidate is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in written test, Physical Fitness Test ( PFT ) and fitness in the Indian Coast Guard Yantrik medical examination.
8. Medical Standards for Indian Coast Guard Yantrik Recruitment 2016 :
- Height : Minimum height 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.
- Chest : Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Weight : Proportionate to height and age ± 10% acceptable. Hearing : Normal.
- Indian Coast Guard Yantrik Medical examination 2016 will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry.
- No Cardio-vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. infection of ears, no history of fits or psychiatric ailment, varicose vein, corrective surgery for eye sight etc.
- Visual Standards : 6/24 without glasses and 6/9 & 612 with glasses for Better Eye and Worse Eye respectively.
Note : Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination. Applicants declared permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Indian Coast Guard are advised not to appear for test.
9. Final Enrolment Medical Examination : All select list candidates who are issued with a call letter will have to undergo Indian Coast Guard Yantrik Final Medical Examination at INS Chilka prior to enrolment. Candidates found ‘unfit’ during this medical examination will not be enrolled for Indian Coast Guard 2016 training. No ‘appeal’ is permitted for review after the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka. Medically unfit candidates will be returned home at their own expense.
10. Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 2016 Training : The basic training in Indian Coast Guard Yantrik will commence in Aug 2016 at INS Chilka followed by sea training and professional training. Yantriks are liable to be discharged as unsuitable due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
11. General Guidelines for Indian Coast Guard Yantrik Recruitment 2016 :
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training establishments are not eligible to appear.
- Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- Original certificates should not be attached with the application form. Indian Coast Guard will not take responsibility for loss of original certificates, if attached with application. Photo should be pasted and not stapled. Attestation made on the backside of the photo will not be entertained.
- Request for change of Indian Coast Guard Yantrik examination centre / date will not be entertained.
- All original certificates and mark sheets are to be produced at the time of written test.
- The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final select list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
- Applications for Indian Coast Guard 2016 received by post will not be accepted.
- Indian Coast Guard Yantrik 2016 Call letter for final medical examination for enrolment in the Coast Guard will be forwarded only to initial medically qualified candidates in the select list. Such candidates will be required to reach the training establishment at their own expense. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.
- No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment / enrolment after a period of six months.
- Indiscipline activities including copying / malpractice etc. during the testing procedures will also result in disqualification.
- The application and the original documents will be further scrutinised for eligibility prior to enrolment and may be rejected if found not eligible in any respect.
- It may also be noted that minimum percentage of marks for eligibility at para 2 may be increased depending upon number of candidates applying.
- Candidates from “Open Schools” institutes not recognized by Govt. not eligible.
- In case of more number of candidates applying for one centre, a few candidates may be allotted any other centre. Candidates with higher marks will be allotted their first choice only.
- Mobile Phone
Use of Mobile phones and other modern electronic gadgets are not permitted during examination. Coast Guard considers such possession as adopting unfair means. If any candidate is caught with Mobile, Bluetooth, of any kind of scanning equipments during examination hours immediately action as per law including filling Fir will be initiated.
- Coast Guard cannot guarantee the safe keeping of any electronic devices. Candidate will not be allowed to go to toilet or leave examination venue / Hall for any reasons after the commencement of the Indian Coast Guard Yantrik Written Examination 2016.
- All candidates will be frisked prior entering into examination venue.
- All candidates are requested to be watchful and immediately bring to notice of invigilator of any suspicious action by any of the candidate.
12. Pay, Perks and Other Benefits
- Indian Coast Guard Yantrik Pay Scale 2016 : Scale 5200 – 20200 along with 2400/- Grade pay. In addition, Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance and other liberal allowances will be admissible.
- Perquisites :
- Free ration, free clothing, free medical treatment for self and family including dependent parents as per Government orders in force.
- Governments accommodation for self & family on nominal licence fee.
- 45 days Earned leave & 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession for self, family and dependents parents as per Govt. rules.
- Insurance cover of 25 Lakhs at a premium of 2500/- per month as Group insurance.
- Contributory pension scheme & gratuity on retirement.
- Canteen and various loan facilities.
- ECHS medical facilities after retirement.
13. Indian Coast Guard Yantrik Promotion 2016
- Promotion prospects exists up to the rank of Pradhan Sahayak Engineer with pay scale 9300 – 34800 plus Grade pay @ 4800/-.
- Promotion prospect also exist to the officer cadre subject to suitability performance.
14. Travel Expenses : SC / ST candidates, who are not employed by the Central / State Government, will be reimbursed 2nd class fare by train / Govt bus / steamer charges ( as per Govt. Rules in vogue ) by the shortest route if the home station is beyond 30 kms from the place of examination on production of ticket.
15. Disclaimer : Information given in the Indian Coast Guard 2016 advertisement and on the website are guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity, the existing rules and regulations of Indian Coast Guard / Govt of India will be final.
*Candidates to logon Coast Guard Recruitment Website for updates : www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
Selection in Indian Coast Guard Yantrik is fair and on merit only. Candidates should not fall prey to unscrupulous persons posing as recruitment agents (.) For Complaint against such persons, candidate must approach to the following address :
The Director ( Recruitment ) Coast Guard,
Phone – 0120 – 2414395.