Indian Coast Guard Recruitment ( 01 / 2014 ) Batch for Navik ( General Duty ) 10+2 Entry
1. Applications are invited from unmarried male Indian nationals possessing educational qualifications and age, as prescribed below, for recruitment to the post of Navik ( General Duty ) for 01 / 2014 batch in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union.
2. Indian Coast Guard Navik GD 2013 Educational Qualification : 10+2 with 60% marks aggregate in total and minimum 60% in each subject of Maths and Physics from an education board recognised by Central / State Government. ( Maximum 5% relaxation in the above percentages for SC / ST candidates, sports person of National level and wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service. )
3. Age Limit for Indian Coast Guard Navik GD 2013 : Born between 01 Feb 92 to 31 Jan 96. ( Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC / ST and 3 years for OBC candidates ).
4. Indian Coast Guard Navik GD 2013 Application Form :
- Applications will be accepted Online only from 24th June 2013 to 07th July 2013. Candidates are to logon to www.joincoastguard.org and click on opportunities button. The important instructions for filling of Online application are :
- The name of the candidate, father / mother’s name and date of birth should be as given in the 10th class certificate.
- Indicate exact percentage of 12th upto two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
- Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate are compulsory. The date, time and venue of the test and other information will be informed through personal email ID and Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx
- The application provides choice of two centres for examination. The candidates are to choose first and second choice from the same zone only. First and second choice from different zones will be rejected. The candidates from Mizoram, Assam, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Tripura will only be accepted for examination centres at Shillong and Aizwal. Candidates from North West zone and A&N zone will have only one choice of centre
- The Coast Guard reserves the right to cancel any centre or change the centre of the candidates for administrative reasons.
- To fill up “Online” application the candidates need to logon to the website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click opportunity button and proceed as given below :
- Select the advertisement for Recruitment of Naviks ( 10+2 Entry ) 01/2014 Batch.
- Select the post applied for Navik General Duty.
- Click on the ‘I Agree’ button and the ‘Online Application’ will be displayed.
- Proceed to fill the application ( All Star (*) marked entries are compulsory and to be filled ).
- On completion of filling application, check your filled details once again prior clicking on the submit button.
- On successful submission of the online application a Application /
Registration number will be provided to the candidate. The filled Application Form, with the number generated will be available to the candidate to save and take a print. For candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria, a ‘Rejection Slip, giving the cause of rejection with the Application Number will be displayed. The filled Application Form, with the roll number, date and time of exam generated will be available through URL http://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx from 25 Jul to 10 Aug 2013 post short listing of the online application.
- Candidates are required to print two copies of the application with number generated by the system. Both copies of the print out of application duly signed with photograph are to be carried by the applicant to the recruitment centre on the date of examination.
- Out of the two copies one copy enclosed with photocopies of all required documents i.e. class 10th certificate / mark sheet showing date of birth, 12th class certificate along with mark sheet subjects, caste certificate wherever required duly attested by the Gazzetted Officer shall also be carried by the candidate and submitted at the recruitment centre on the date of examination. Second copy without any enclosure is to be kept with the candidate as an identity proof during the recruitment procedure. Any candidate who does not carry all these documents at the time of recruitment shall not be permitted to appear in the exam.
Note : Filling of multiple applications will result in cancellation of all application.
Last Date for Indian Coast Guard Navik General Duty 2013 Applying Online : 07.07.2013
5. The Indian Coast Guard Navik 2014 recruitment zones / examination centres for different states are given below :
|Sl No||Zone||Examination Centres||States Candidates Residing|
|a.||Northern Zone||(i) Noida (ii) Shimla (iii) Dehradun (iv) Jodhpur (v) Jammu (vi) Lucknow||Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi and Union Territory of Chandigarh.|
|b.||North-East Zone||(i) Kolkata (ii) Danapur ( Patna ) (iii) Shillong (iv) Aizwal (v) Cuttack||Bihar, Jharkhand, Mizoram, West Bengal, Assam, Sikkim, Orissa, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Tripura.|
|c.||East Zone||(i) Chennai (ii) Visakhapatnam (iii) Mandapam (iv) Secunderabad||Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, & the Union Territory of Puducherry.|
|d.||West Zone||(i) Bhopal (ii) Kochi (iii) Mumbai (iv) Nagpur|
(v) New Mangalore
|Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Chattisgarh, Kerala, Goa and Union Territory of Daman and Lakshadweep|
|e.||North-West Zone||Gandhi Nagar||Gujarat|
|f.||A&N Zone||Port Blair||A&N Islands|
6. Indian Coast Guard Navik GD 2013 Selection Procedure : The Online applications will be sorted out centre wise. The conduct of test is planned during Aug / Sep 2013. Date, time and venue of the recruitment will be intimated through personal email ID / by post in the month of Jul / Aug 2013. Selection procedure is as follows :
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination centre. SC and ST candidates will be given due weightage while short listing.
- The qualifying cut off percentage of a particular centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage are received.
- The written tests will be objective type.
- Those who qualify written tests will undergo PFT, and Medical Examination ( Preliminary ). The testing procedure will take 2 – 3 days. Candidates belonging to the physically handicapped category are not eligible to apply for Indian Coast Guard Navik General Duty 2013 examination.
- The Physical Fitness Test will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. The PFT will consist as under :
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 squat ups ( Uthak Baithak ).
- 10 Push ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Candidates who qualify the above tests will be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment centres.
- Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for medical examination in a ratio as may be decided by Coast Guard.
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies. The zone wise select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in in the month of Jan 2014. It is clarified that select list will be zone wise and not centre wise.
7. List of Documents : Scrutiny of documents for eligibility will be carried out prior to commencement of the written exam. Candidates are therefore required to appear at the examination venue with the following documents :
- Two copies of pre-filled online application.
- Original certificate of tenth class for date of birth verification.
- Original mark sheet and certificates of 12th class.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, voter I card, college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- Caste certificate ( if applicable ) in original as per Govt of India format.
- Ten recent colour passport size photographs.
- Character certificate ( issued six months prior to exam / interview ).
Note : Candidates not in position of above documents will not be permitted to appear in written exam. Original educational certificates will be returned after verification.
Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in written test, Physical Fitness Test ( PFT ) and fitness in the medical examination.
8. Indian Coast Guard Navik GD 2013 Medical Standards :
- Height : Minimum height 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.
- Chest : Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Weight : Proportionate to height and age 10% acceptable.
- Hearing : normal.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry.
*Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
- Visual Standards : 6/6 ( Better Eye ) and 6/9 ( Worse Eye ) ( Candidates using glasses are not eligible ).
Note : Candidates with above broad medical standards are only to appear for the selection. No waiver will be given for the above standards. The Coast Guard order on medical standards of the Naviks will be the final authority in case of dispute. Applicants declared permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Coast Guard are advised not to apply.
9. Indian Coast Guard Navik GD 2013 Final Enrolment Medical Examination : All select list candidates who are issued with a call letter for final medical examination will have to undergo final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka prior to enrolment. Candidates found unfit during this medical examination will not be enrolled for training. No appeal is permitted for review after the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka. Medically unfit candidates will be returned home at their own expense.
10. Indian Coast Guard Navik GD 2013 Training : The basic training will commence in Feb 2014 at INS Chilka followed by sea training and professional training in the allotted trade. Branch / trade will be allocated as per the requirement of service and performance during basic training. Naviks are liable to be discharged as unsuitable due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
11. General Guidelines :
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training establishments are not eligible to appear.
- Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- Original certificates should not be attached with the application form. Indian Coast Guard will not take responsibility for loss of original certificates, if attached with application. Photo should be pasted and not stapled. Attestation made on the backside of the photo will not be entertained.
- Request for change of examination centre / date will not be entertained.
- Use of Mobile phones and other electronic gadgets are not be permitted during examination. Coast Guard considers such possession as adopting unfair means.
- The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final select list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
- Applications received by post will not be accepted.
- Call letter for final medical examination for enrolment in the Coast Guard will be forwarded only to initial medically qualified candidates in the select list. Such candidates will be required to reach the training establishment at their own expense. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.
- The application and the original documents will be further scrutinised for eligibility prior to enrolment and may be rejected if found not eligible in any respect.
- No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment / enrolment after a period of six months.
- Attesting Officer’s name with office address and seal should be clearly legible.
12. Pay, Perks and others Benefits :
- Pay Scale :5200 – 20200 alongwith 2000 Grade Pay. In addition, Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance and other liberal allowances will be admissible.
- Perquisites :
- Free ration, free clothing, free medical treatment for self and family including dependent parents.
- Government accommodation for self & family on nominal licence fee.
- 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with leave travel concession for self, family and dependent parents as per Govt. rules.
- Insurance cover of 25 lakhs at a premium of 2500/- per month as Group insurance.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.
- Canteen and various loan facilities.
13. Promotion : Promotion prospects exist upto the rank of Pradhan Adhikari with pay scale 9300 – 34800 plus Grade pay @ 4800/-. Promotion to the officer cadre is subject to suitability and performance.
14. Travel Expenses : SC / ST candidates, who are not employed by the Central / State Government, will be reimbursed 2nd class fare by train / Govt bus / steamer charges by the shortest route if the home station is beyond 30 kms from the place of testing on production of ticket.
15. Disclaimer : Information given in the advertisement and on the website are guidelines only and subject to change. In case of any ambiguity the existing recruitment rules and other instructions / order on the subject of Indian Coast Guard / Govt of India will be final.
* Candidates to see Coast Guard Website for updates www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
Last date for receipt of Online applications : 07 Jul 2013.
Caution : Selection in coast guard is fair and on merit only. Candidate should not fall prey to unscrupulous persons posting as recruitment agent. For complaint against such persons, candidate, candidate must approach the Director ( Recruitment ) Coast Guard HQ, Selection Board, Noida on Telefax – 0120-2411752 or Email dte – email@example.com