Indian Coast Guard Recruitment ( 01 / 2017 ) Batch for Navik ( General Duty ) 10+2 Entry
1. Indian Coast Guard applications are invited from male Indian nationals possessing educational qualifications and age, as prescribed below, for recruitment to the post of Navik (General Duty) in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union.
2. Indian Coast Guard Navik GD 2016 Educational Qualification : 10+2 passed with 50% marks aggregate in total and minimum 50% aggregate in Maths and Physics from an education board recognized by Central/State Government. (5% relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for outstanding sports person of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/Interstate National Championship. This relaxation will also be applicable to the wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service).
3. Age Limit for Indian Coast Guard Navik GD 2016 : Minimum 18 Years and maximum 22 years i.e. between 01st February, 1995 to 31st January, 1999. (Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates).
4. Indian Coast Guard Navik GD 2016 Application Form :
- ICG Navik GD Applications will be accepted ‘Online only’ from 28th June to 11th July, 2016 till 1700 Hrs. Candidates are to logon to www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button. The important instructions for filling of online application are :-
- The Name of the Candidate, Father and Mother’s name and date of birth should be mentioned as per 10th class certificate.
- Indicate exact percentage of 12th class upto two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
- Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate are compulsory. The date, time and Centre of the written examination and other information will be informed through Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
- The application provides choice of only One Centre for examination. The candidate is to choose Centre from the list mentioned against each state to which he belongs to.
- To fill up “Online” application the candidates need to logon to the Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.inand click opportunity button and proceed as given below :
- Select the advertisement for Recruitment of Naviks (10+2 Entry) 01/2017 Batch.
- Select the post applied for-Navik General Duty.
- Click on the ‘I Agree‘ button and the ‘Online Application‘ will be displayed.
- Proceed to fill up the application (All Star (*) marked entries are compulsory and to be filled)
- On completion of filling application, check your filled details once again prior clicking on the Submit button.
- On successful submission of the online application a unique Application/ Registration number will be provided to the candidate. Candidates must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval/reprint of admit card. Applicants to take print out of the admit card through URL http://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx from 20th July, to 31st July, 2016 only post short listing of the online application. For candidates NOT meeting the eligibility criteria, a ‘Rejection Slip, giving the cause of rejection with the Application Number’ will be displayed. Shortlisting criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination Centre.
- Candidates are required to bring 03 copies of System generated application form having allotted roll number with latest identical colour passport size photographs with Blue background (Not older than one month) pasted and signed at the bottom of application form against space provided for the signature. Candidates shall bring all original documents and keep one application form ready along with photocopies of all documents attested i,e. class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet, class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet showing subjects, caste certificate wherever required and domicile certificate of their respective state for submission at the examination Centre on the date of examination. Any candidate who does not carry all these documents at the time of recruitment shall not be permitted to appear in the written examination.Note : Filling of multiple applications will result in cancellation of all applications.
Last Date for Indian Coast Guard Navik General Duty 2016 applying online : 11th July, 2016 till 5:00 P.M.
5. The Indian Coast Guard Navik 2016 recruitment zones and examination Centre for different states are given below :
|Sl No||Zone||Examination Centres||States Candidates Residing|
|a.||Northern Zone||Jalandhar||Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana (other than NCR District’s), Union Territory of Chandigarh|
|Jodhpur||Rajasthan (other than NCR district’s).|
|Noida||Delhi & NCR Region
Haryana NCR District – Faridabad, Gurgaon, Mewat, Rohtak, Sonepat, Rewari, Jhajjhar, Panipat, Palwal, Bhiwani and Mahendergarh.
U.P NCR District – Meerut, Ghaziabad, GautamBudh Nagar, Bulandshahr, Hapur and Baghpat.
Rajasthan NCR District – Alwar and Bharatpur
|Varanasi||Uttar Pradesh (other than NCR district’s)|
|b.||North-East Zone||Guwahati||Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam,Meghalaya, Sikkim.|
|c.||East Zone||Tuticorin||South Tamil Nadu District – Kanniyakumari, Tirunelveli, Thoothukudi, Ramanathapuram, Virudhunagar, Theni, Madurai, Sivaganga, Pudukottai, Dindigul, Thanjavur, Thiruvarur, Nagapatnam and Karur.|
|Chennai||Rest of Tamil Nadu District and Union Territory of Puducherry.|
|d.||West Zone||Bhopal||Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh|
|Mumbai||Maharashtra, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|Goa||Goa & Karnataka|
|e.||North-West Zone||Gandhi Nagar||Gujarat|
|f.||A&N Zone||Port Blair||A&N Islands|
Note : The candidates are to choose only one choice of centre from the list mentioned against state to which they belong to. The Coast Guard reserves the right to cancel/reconduct the examination of a particular Centre or change the Centre of the candidates for administrative/other reasons.
6. Indian Coast Guard Navik GD 2016 Selection Procedure : The ‘Online‘ Applications will be sorted out Centre wise. The conduct of test is planned during the month of Aug/Sep 2016.
The Selection procedure is as follows :-
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination Centre.
- The qualifying cut off percentage of a particular Centre may be increased if more
number of applications with higher percentage is received.
- The written examination will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects such as Maths, Physics, basic Chemistry, knowledge of English upto 12th standard, general knowledge, current affairs, quantitative aptitude and reasoning etc.
- Those who qualify written examination will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Initial Medical Examination (Preliminary). The testing procedure will take 2-3 days. Physically Challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.
- The Physical Fitness Test will be conducted for all those who qualify the written
tests.The PFT will consist as under :-
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak).
- 10 Push ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Candidates who qualify the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will only be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment Centres or any other place as decided by the Indian Coast Guard.
- Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for medical examination in a ratio as may be decided by the Indian Coast Guard. Mere declaration of fit in initial medical examination does not indicate selection of the candidate for the final medical at INS Chilka.
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies. The Zone wise select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of January, 2017. It is clarified that merit list will be zone wise and not centre wise.
7. List of Documents : Scrutiny of documents for eligibility will be carried out prior commencement of the written examination. Candidates are therefore required to appear at the examination Centre with the following documents :
- Three copies of pre-filled online application.
- Original Class 10thpass certificate and mark sheet.
- Original Class 12thpass certificate and mark sheet.
- Original Caste (if applicable)/Domicile certificate of their respective state issued by Tehsildar/Sub District Magistrate/District Magistrate.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, Aadhar card/voter I card, School/college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- In case of reserved category applicants, availing age/percentage relaxation, either current or permanent address of online application should be same as the address mentioned in caste/category certificate (SC, ST & OBC). Further in case of OBC, the category certificate should not be more than 3 financial Years old and for such cases renewed/fresh certificate to be produced. All OBC certificates shall be in original as per Government of India format (No other format will be entertained).
- Ten recent colour passport size photographs with Blue background.
Note : Candidates not in possession of above documents will not be permitted to appear in written examination. Original educational certificates will be returned after verification.If any variations found in application at the time of verification, the candidature of the applicant will be cancelled.Qualified candidates to submit one copy of all documents at the examination Centre.
8. Indian Coast Guard Navik GD 2016 Medical Standards :
- Height : Minimum height 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Government orders.
- Chest : Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Weight : Proportionate to height and age +10% acceptable.
- Hearing : Normal.
- Indian Coast Guard Navik GD Medical examination will be conducted by authorized Military Doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry.
*Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
- Visual Standards : 6/6 (Better Eye) and 6/9(Worse Eye) (Candidates using glasses are not eligible)
Note : Candidates with above medical standards are only to appear for the selection. No waiver will be given for the above standards.The Indian Coast Guard order on medical standards of the Naviks will be the final authority in case of dispute. Applicants declared permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Coast Guard are advised not to apply.
9. Indian Coast Guard Navik GD 2016 Final Enrollment Medical Examination : All select list candidates who are issued with a call letter for Final Medical Examination will have to undergo Final Enrollment Medical Examination at INS Chilka prior to enrollment. Candidates found ‘unfit‘ during this medical examination will not be enrolled for training. No ‘appeal‘ is permitted for review after the final enrollment medical examination at INS Chilka. Medically unfit candidates will be returned home at their own expense.
10. Indian Coast Guard Navik GD 2016 Training : The basic training will commence in Feb 2017 at INS Chilka followed by sea training and professional training in the allotted trade. Branch/trade will be allocated as per the requirement of service and performance during basic training. Naviks are liable to be discharged as UNSUITABLE due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
11. General Guidelines :
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training establishments are not eligible to appear.
- Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- Original certificates should not be attached with the application form. Indian Coast Guard will not take responsibility for loss of original certificates, if attached with application. Photo should be pasted and not stapled.
- Request for change of examination center/date will not be entertained.
- Use of Mobile phones and other modern electronic gadgets are not permitted during examination. Coast Guard considers such possession as adopting unfair means. If any candidate is caught with Mobile, Bluetooth or any kind of scanning equipment’s during examination hours immediate action as per law including filling FIR will be initiated.
- Indian Coast Guard cannot guarantee the safe keeping of any electronic devices. Candidates will not be allowed to go to toilet or leave examination Centre/Hall for any reasons after the commencement of the Written Examination.
- All candidates will be frisked prior entering into examination Centre.
- All candidates are requested to be watchful and immediately bring to notice of invigilator of any suspicious action by any of the candidates.
- The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final select list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
- Call letter for final medical examination for enrolment in the Coast Guard will be forwarded only to initial medically qualified candidates in the select list. Such candidates will be required to reach the training establishment at their own expense. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.
- The application and the original documents will be further scrutinized for eligibility prior to enrolment and may be rejected if found not eligible in any respect.
- No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment/enrolment after a period of six months.
12. Pay, Perks and others Benefits :
Indian Coast Guard Navik GD Pay Scale 2016 : 5200 – 20200 alongwith Scale 5200–20200 along with 2000 Grade Pay. In addition, Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance and other liberal allowances will be admissible.
- Free ration, free clothing, free medical treatment for self and family including dependent parents.
- Government accommodation for self & family on nominal license fee.
- 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for self, family and dependent parents as per Government rules.
- Insurance cover of 25 lakhs at a premium of 2500/- per month as Group insurance.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.
- Canteen and various loan facilities.
- ECHS medical facilities after retirement.
13. Promotion : Promotion prospects exist upto the rank of Pradhan Adhikari with pay scale 9300-34800 plus Grades pay @ 4800/-. Promotion to the officer cadre is subject to suitability and performance.
14. Travel Expenses : SC/ST candidates, who are not employed by the Central/State Government, will be reimbursed ordinary 2nd class fare by train/ Government bus/steamer charges as per central government regulations by the shortest route if the home station is beyond 30 kms from the place of testing on production of original tickets.
15. Disclaimer :The terms and condition given in this advertisement are subject to change and should therefore be treated as guidelines only. Details are also available on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
* Candidates to see Coast Guard Recruitment Website for update. This is an indicative advertisement only.
Last date for receipt of Indian Coast Guard Navik GD Online applications : 11th July, 2016.
Caution : Selection in coast guard is fair and on merit only. Candidate should not fall prey to unscrupulous persons posting as recruitment agent. For complaint against such persons, candidate must approach the following address :
Director ( Recruitment )
Coast Guard HQ,
Selection Board Noida,
Telefax – 0120-2314395,
Email : email@example.com.