Indian Coast Guard Recruitment ( 01 / 2015 ) Batch for Navik ( Domestic Branch ) 10+2 Entry
Join Indian Coast Guard ( Ministry of Defence ) as Navik ( Domestic Branch ) 10th Pass Entry for 01/2015 Batch
1. Applications are invited from unmarried male Indian nationals possessing educational qualifications and age, as prescribed below, for recruitment to the post of Navik ( Domestic Branch ( Cook & Steward ) ) in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union.
2. Indian Coast Guard Navik Domestic Branch 2014 Educational Qualification : Matriculate with 50% marks in aggregate from an education board recognised by Central / State Government.
3. Age Limit for Indian Coast Guard Navik Domestic Branch 2014 : Minimum 18 years and maximum 22 years i.e between 01 Apr 1993 to 31 Mar 1997. ( Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC / ST and 3 years for OBC candidates ).
4. Indian Coast Guard Navik Domestic Branch 2014 Application Form : Applications can be downloaded from the Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/download.html and the filled application be sent by ordinary post only.
- The application is to be submitted on plain paper in the form appended below ( type written / hand written in English / Hindi ) and is to be sent to the address of the respective Zonal recruitment centre.
- The type of entry, choice of centre and percentage of marks of 10th class board examination id to be clearly written on the top of the envelope.
- Attested copies ( not returnable ) of 10th class marks sheet and certificates as proof of age, educational qualifications including statement of marks, caste certificate ( SC, ST, OBC as per Govt. of India format ), sport certificate, one passport size colour photo and a self addressed ( unstamped ) envelop of size 22X10 cms are to be attached with the application. All enclosure must be pinned / tagged with the application.
- The Coast Guard reserves the right to cancel any centre or change the centre of candidates for administrative reasons.
5. The recruitment / examination centres alongwith address are as given below :
|Sl. No||Zone||Examination Centres||States Candidates Residing||Application to be addressed to|
|a.||Northern Zone||Noida||Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi and Union Territory of Chandigarh||The Recruitment Officer,
Post Box No. 127, A-1,
Sector - 24,
Noida, ( U.P ), 201 301.
|b.||North Eastern Zone||Kolkata||Bihar, Jharkhand, Mizoram, West Bengal, Assam, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Tripura.||The Recruitment Officer, Coast Guard Region ( NE ), Synthesis Business Park, 6th Floor Sharachi Building, New Town Rajarhat, Kolkata - 700 157.|
|c.||Eastern Zone||Chennai||Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, Union Territory of Puducherry and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.||The Recruitment Officer, C/o Coast Guard Region ( East ), Post Box No. 808,
Fort St George,
Chennai - 600 009.
|d.||Western Zone||Mumbai||Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Chattisgarh, Kerala, Goa and Union Territory of Daman and Lakshadweep||The Recruitment Officer, C/o Coast Gliard Region ( West ), Post Box No. 29105,
Mumbai- 400 030.
|e.||North West Zone||Gandhi Nagar||Gujarat||The Recruitment Officer, C/o Coast Guard Region ( NW ), Post Box No. - 09,
Sector - 11,
Gujarat - 382 010.
6. Indian Coast Guard Navik Domestic Branch 2014 Selection Procedure : The applications will be received through ordinary post. BY hand, speed post, registered post or couriers will not be accepted. Call up letters for eligible short listed candidates will be posted, indicating date, time and place for recruitment test, which are scheduled during Aug / Sep 2014.
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher education and percentage of marks in the respective categories ( Gen, OBC, SC & ST ).
- Those who qualify written tests will undergo PFT, and recruitment Medical Examination ( Preliminary ). The testing procedure will take 2 – 3 days.
- The written test will be objective type.
- The Physical Fitness Test will be conducted for all those who pass the written test. The PFT will consist as under :
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 squat ups ( Uthak Baithak ).
- 10 Push ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Candidates those who qualify the above tests will be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment centre.
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies. The zone wise select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of Mar 2015.
7. List of Documents : Scrutiny of documents for eligibility will be carried out prior to commencement of the written exam. Candidates are therefore required to appear at the examination venue with the following documents :
- Original certificate and marks sheet of tenth class for date of birth verification.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, Aadhar card / voter I card, school / college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- Caste certificate ( if applicable ) in original as per Govt of India format.
- Ten recent colour passport size photographs.
Note : Candidates not in position of above documents will not be permitted to appear in written exam. Original educational certificates will be returned after verification.
8. Indian Coast Guard Navik Domestic Branch 2014 Medical Standards :
- Minimum height 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.
- Chest : Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Weight : Proportionate to height and age 10% acceptable.
- Hearing : Normal.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry.
- Good mental, medical and physical health, free from any disease / disability, likely to interfere with efficient performance of duties.
- No cardio – vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. infection of ears, no history of fits or psychiatric ailment, varicose vein, corrective surgery for eye sight etc.
- Visual Standard – 6/36 ( Better Eye ) and 6/36 ( Worse Eye ).
*Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.Note : Candidates with above Board Medical standards are only to appear for the selection. No waiver will be given for the above standards. The Coast Guard order on medical standard of Naviks will be the final authority in case of dispute. Applicants declared permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Coast Guard are advised not to apply.
- Final Medical Examination : All shortlisted candidates will have to undergo Final Medical Examination at INS Chilka prior to getting enrolled in the service. Candidates found ‘unfit’ during this medical examination will not be considered as selected and will be returned home at their own expense. No ‘appeal’ is permitted for review after the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka.
9. Indian Coast Guard Navik Domestic Branch 2014 Training : The basic training will commence in Apr 2015 at INS Chilka followed by sea training and professional training in the allotted trade. Naviks are liable to be discharged as unsuitable due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
10. General Guidelines :
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training establishments are not eligible to appear.
- Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- Original certificates should not be attached with the application form. Indian Coast Guard will not take responsibility for loss of original certificates, if attached with application.
- Candidates are required to submit one additional recent colored passport size photograph along with the application.
- The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final select list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
- Call letter for final medical examination for enrolment in the Coast Guard will be forwarded only to initial medically qualified candidates in the select list. Such candidates will be required to reach the training establishment at their own expense. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.
- The application will be further scrutinised for eligibility and may be rejected if found not eligible in any respect.
- No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment / enrolment after a period of six months.
11. Pay, Perks and others Benefits :
- Pay Scale : 5200 – 20200 alongwith 1900 Grade Pay. In addition, Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance and other liberal allowances will be admissible.
- Perquisites :
- Free ration, free clothing, free medical treatment for self and family including dependent parents.
- Government accommodation for self & family on nominal licence fee.
- 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with leave travel concession for self, family and dependent parents as per Govt. rules.
- Insurance cover of 25 lakhs at a premium of 2500/- per month as Group insurance.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.
- Canteen and various loan facilities.
- Sports and adventure activities.
12. Promotion : Promotion prospects exist upto the rank of Pradhan Adhikari with pay scale 9300 – 34800 plus Grade pay @ 4600/-.
13. Travel Expenses : SC / ST candidates, who are not employed by the Central / State Government, will be reimbursed 2nd class fare by train / Govt bus / steamer charges by the shortest route if the home station is beyond 30 kms from the place of testing on production of original ticket.
14. Disclaimer : Information given in the advertisement and on the website are guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity the existing recruitment rules and other regulations of Indian Coast Guard / Govt of India will be final.
* Candidates to see Coast Guard Website for updates www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
Last date for receipt of Online applications : 25 Jul 2014.
Caution : Selection in coast guard is fair and on merit only. Candidate should not fall prey to unscrupulous persons posting as recruitment agent. For complaint against such persons, candidate, candidate must approach the Director ( Recruitment ) Coast Guard HQ, Selection Board, Noida on Telefax – 0120-2314395 / 2411752.