Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2016 for Motor Transport Driver, Fireman, Lascar I Class
Headquarters, Coast Guard Region ( West ),
Worli Sea Face P.O.,
Mumbai – 400 030.
Filling up of civilian vacancies by Direct Recruitment in various sub offices under Indian Coast Guard Region ( West ), Mumbai.
1. Indian Coast Guard Applications from eligible candidates are invited for the following posts to be filled on direct recruitment basis as indicated below :
Name of the Post : MT Driver ( OG ) General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non Gazetted / Non Ministerial.
No. of Indian Coast Guard MT Driver Posts / Category : 03 ( 01 – OBC, 01 – UR, 01 – UR ).
Place of Indian Coast Guard MT Driver Posting : CGDHQ – 11 ( Goa ), CGAS Daman CGAE ( Goa ).
Indian Coast Guard MT Driver Pay Scale 2016 : PB – 1 5200 – 20200 + 1900/- ( grade pay ).
Indian Coast Guard MT Driver Qualification 2016 :
Indian Coast Guard MT Driver Essential 2016 :
- 10th standard pass.
- Must possess valid driving licence for both heavy and light motor vehicles.
- Should have at least two years experience in driving motor vehicles.
- Knowledge of motor mechanism ( should be able to remove minor defects in vehicles ).
Age Limit for Indian Coast Guard MT Driver 2016 : 18 – 27 years ( Relaxable for Govt. servants, Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Class candidates as per Govt. instructions issued from time to time ).
Name of the Post : Fireman General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non Gazetted / Non Ministerial.
No. of Indian Coast Guard Fireman Posts / Category : 01 ( 01 – OBC ).
Place of Indian Coast Guard Fireman Posting : CGAS Daman.
Indian Coast Guard Fireman Pay Scale 2016 : PB – 1 of 5200 – 20200 + 1900/- ( grade pay ).
Indian Coast Guard Fireman Qualification 2016 :
Indian Coast Guard Fireman Essential 2016 :
- Matriculation pass from a recognized Board or equivalent.
- Should be physically fit and capable of performing strenuous duties.
Note : The physical fitness shall be tested as per the following physical standards :
- Height without shoes – 165 cms provided that a concession of 2.5 cms in height shall be allowed for members of the Scheduled Tribes and candidates of hilly areas.
- Chest ( unexpanded ) 81.5 cms.
- Chest ( on expansion ) – 85 cms.
- Weight – 50 kg ( min ).
- Endurance Test :
- Carrying a man weighing 63.5 Kgs by Fireman lift up to a distance of 183 meters within 96 seconds.
- Clearing 2.7 meters wide ditch by landing on both feet ( long jump ).
- Climbing 3 meters vertical rope by hands and feet.
Age Limit for Indian Coast Guard Fireman 2016 : 18 to 27 years ( Relaxable for Govt. servants in the case of general candidates upto 40 years and in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes upto 45 years as per instructions or order of the Govt. from time to time ).
Name of the Post : Lascar I Class.
No. of Indian Coast Guard Lascar I Posts / Category : 01 ( 01 – UR ).
Place of Indian Coast Guard Lascar I Posting : CGDHQ – 4, Kochi.
Indian Coast Guard Lascar I Pay Scale 2016 : PB – 1 of 5200 – 20200/- + 1800/- ( grade pay ).
Indian Coast Guard Lascar I Qualification 2016 :
- Matriculation pass or its equivalent from recognised boards.
- Three years experience in service on boat.
Age Limit for Indian Coast Guard Lascar I 2016 : 18 to 30 years ( Relaxable for Govt. servants, Schedule Castes, Schedule Tribes and Other Backward Class candidates as per Govt. instructions issued from time to time ).
Name of the Post : MT – Cleaner General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non Gazetted / Non Ministerial.
No. of Indian Coast Guard MT – Cleaner Posts / Category : 01 ( 01 – UR ).
Place of Indian Coast Guard MT – Cleaner Posting : CGAS Daman.
Indian Coast Guard MT – Cleaner Pay Scale 2016 : PB – 1 of 5200 – 20200/- + 1800/- ( grade pay ).
Indian Coast Guard MT – Cleaner Qualification 2016 :
- Matriculation or equivalent pass.
- Two years experience in mechanical workshop.
Age Limit for Indian Coast Guard MT – Cleaner 2016 : 18 to 27 years ( relaxable for Government Servants, Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribes and Other Backward Class candidates as per Government instructions issued from time to time ).
- No age and other relaxation will be given to SC / ST / OBC candidates for the posts earmarked for UR category.
2. The Indian Coast Guard applications in the prescribed Proforma at ( Annexure I ) should be forwarded to the offices as under within 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement :
For posts in units at Goa : The Commander, No.11 Coast Guard District Headquarters ( Goa ), 4th floor, MPT Old Admin Bldg., Mormugao Harbour, Goa – 403 803.
For posts in units at Kerala : The Commander, No.4 Coast Guard District, Kelvatthy Fort, Fort Kochi – 682 004.
For the posts at Daman : The Commanding Officer, Coast Guard Air Station, Nani Daman – 396 210.
3. The envelope containing the Indian Coast Guard application must be superscribed as ‘Application for the post of _____’. Application should be submitted by Ordinary Post only. Attested copies of educational, technical, age proof, caste certificate for OBC / SC / ST and experience certificate, if any, should be enclosed with the application. Candidates in Central Govt. service should submit NOC from their present employer alongwith applications. Crucial date for fixation of age limit will be the last date of receiving applications.
4. The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for Indian Coast Guard interview.
5. In case of receipt of large number of applications, screening of applications on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the exam for essential qualification will be carried out to reduce candidates for Indian Coast Guard written exam. A benchmark percentage will be fixed depending on the no. of applicants. No weightage will be given for additional / higher education ( other than those prescribed in the Recruitment Rules ). All candidates meeting the benchmark will be allowed to appear in the written exam. The administration reserves the right to fix a cut off / benchmark for selection. Short listed candidates only will be called for written test / interview / trade test. ST / SC / OBC candidates applying against unreserved post will not be given age and other concessions applicable for SC / ST / OBC.
6. Indian Coast Guard Selection Procedure 2016 : The selection of candidates will be based on written examination / interviews, driving test and other trade test / physical test as applicable.
- Indian Coast Guard Written Test 2016 : Short listed candidates will undergo a written test / aptitude test on the basis of educational / technical qualifications prescribed for the post. The syllabus for Indian Coast Guard written examination consists of General Knowledge, Arithmetic, General English and experience related to the concerned post. The total marks for the written test will be 50. Candidates must obtain 50% marks to qualify the personal interview in case of General / OBC and 45% for SC / ST candidates.
- Indian Coast Guard Personal Interview 2016 : The candidates qualified in the written test are to be subjected to personal interview. The maximum marks for personal interview will be 25. Candidates must obtain 50% marks to qualify the personal interview in case of General / OBC and 45% for SC / ST candidates.
7. Candidates to bring original documents on the date of written examination. No TA will be paid for the written test / interview. Candidates have to make their own lodging and transportation and arrangements for test / interview. Unit will not be responsible to pay any damages in case of injury during physical test.
8. The appointment carries with it liability to serve in any part of India. The place of initial posting is provisional and subject to change depending on availability of vacancy at the time of posting.
9. The no. of vacancies indicated in this Employment News is provisional and may increase or decrease or even become Nil, depending upon the actual needs of the Region. The Administration also reserves the right to cancel the notified vacancies, as its discretion and such decision will be final and binding on all in the event of cancellation of notified vacancies.
10. All posts are temporary but likely to be permanent under MOD with a probation period of two years. The appointee will be governed by the New Pension scheme.
11. Terms and conditions given out in Indian Coast Guard advertisement are subject to change. Hence, these may be treated as general guidelines only.
12. Applications which are not in the prescribed format, without the required certificate, duly attested / without photographs / without signature of the candidates will be summarily rejected.
13. The decision of the Commander, Coast Guard Region ( West ), Worli Sea Face P.O. Worli Colony, Mumbai – 400 030 regarding selection / rejection will be final and no correspondence will be made on rejection of the application.