Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2014 for Law Officer – ICG Law Officer Selection
Indian Coast Guard ( Ministry of Defence ) excellent opportunity for Law Officer ( Male ) in Indian Coast Guard.
1. The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, offers a challenging and inspiring career as Law Officer ( Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer ) in the rank of Assistant Commandant ( Law ) at pay scale of 15600 – 39100 with Grade Pay 5400.
2. Number of Indian Coast Guard Law Officer Vacancies 2014 : 04 ( Four ).
3. Indian Coast Guard Law Officer Eligibility Criteria 2014 : Unmarried male Indian citizens having following minimum qualifications are eligible to apply :
|Educational Qualification ||Gender||Age ( Born between )|
|A Degree in Law with minimum 60 % marks. ( Three years degree in Law after graduation ) or ( Five years after 10+2 examination ) |
Note : Candidates not completed Law degree not to apply.
|Male||01 Jul 1984 to 30 Jun 1993 ( both dates inclusive ).|
4. Additional Eligibility Criteria for Indian Coast Guard Law Officer 2014 :
- The upper age limit for OBC / SC / ST is relaxable as per Govt. of India rules in vogue.
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other services are not eligible to appear.
- Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- Candidates who have completed their degree without any backlog only to apply and to produce their degree and marks sheet at the time of selection.
5. Indian Coast Guard Law Officer Training 2014 :
Candidates will be inducted in the rank of Assistant Commandant ( Law ) and undergo 22 weeks Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy, followed by afloat training and other professional training as decided by the Coast Guard Headquarters from time to time. Full pay and allowance will be admissible to the officers while undergoing training. The entire cost of training including books, uniforms and messing will be borne by Indian Coast Guard.
6. Indian Coast Guard Law Officer How to Apply 2014 :
a. Indian Coast Guard Law Officer Applications 2014 will be accepted only ‘Online’ from 14 Mar to 22 Mar 2014. The important instructions for filling of online application are :
- The name of the candidate, father / mother’s name and date of birth should be same as mentioned in the 10th class pass certificate.
- Candidates to choose any one venue out of the options displayed.
- Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate is compulsory. The date, time and venue of the test and other information will be informed through personal email ID and applicants can take printout of the filled application form with date and time of examination through URL http://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx.
b. To fill up “Online” application for Indian Coast Guard Law Officer the candidates need to logon to the website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button. Read the instruction carefully and proceed as given below :
- Select the advertisement for Recruitment of Assistant Commandant ( Law ).
- Select the post applied Assistant Commandant ( Law ).
- Click on the ‘I Agree’ button and the ‘Online Application’ will be displayed.
- Proceed to fill the application ( All Star (*) marked entries are compulsory and to be filled )
- On completion of filling application, re-check your date entry details carefully once again prior clicking on the Submit button.
- On successful submission of the online application a unique Application number will be provided to the candidate. Candidates must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval / reprint of admit card. Applicants to take print out of the admit card through URL http://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx from 29 Mar 2014 onward post short listing of the online application. Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks. For candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria, a ‘Rejection Slip, giving the cause of rejection with the Application Number’ will be displayed.
- Candidates are required to print two copies of the application with number generated by the system. Both copies of the print out of application duly signed with photograph are to be carried by the applicant to the recruitment centre. Out of the above two copies, one copy enclosed with photocopies of all required documents i.e. class 10th certificate / mark sheet showing date of birth, 12th class certificate along with mark sheet showing subjects, Graduation Degree certificate and mark sheet showing percentage of marks, Law Degree certificate and mark sheet showing percentage of marks and caste certificate wherever required duly attested by the Gazetted Officer shall be carried by the candidate and submitted at the examination centre. Second copy without any enclosure is to be kept with the candidate as an identity proof during the selection procedure. Any candidate who does not carry all these documents at the time of PSB shall not be permitted to appear in the exam.
Note : Filling of multiple applications will result in cancellation of all applications of such candidates.
7. Schedule for Preliminary Selection Examination 2014 :
Candidates to reach the given venue at least 30 minutes prior to the starting of Exam. The date and time of the examination will be intimated through candidates e-mail ID and Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. The Indian Coast Guard Law Officer Preliminary Selection will be conducted tentatively in Apr / May 2014 at following centres or any other centre promulgated by Coast Guard. In case of less number of eligible candidates at any one centre, the candidates of that centre will be allotted another centre.
a. Coast Guard Regional Headquarters ( West ),
Worli Sea Face, PO – Worli Colony,
Mumbai – 30.
b. Indian Coast Guard Selection Board,
A – 1, Sector – 24, Noida, Opposite HCL Technologies,
Dist Gautam Budh Nagar,
UP – 201 301.