Excellent opportunity for Men and Women to become an officer in Indian Coast Guard – 02 / 2015 Batch. ( Training commencing tentatively Jun 2015 / Jul 2015 ).
1. The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, offers a challenging and inspiring maritime career in various branches as a Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer in the rank of Assistant Commandant at pay scale of 15600 – 39100 with Grade Pay 5400.
2. Branch and Eligibility for Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant 2015 :
Unmarried Indian citizens having following minimum qualifications for Indian Coast Guard are eligible to apply :
|Sl||Branch||Educational Qualification||Gender||Age ( Born between )|
|(a)||General Duty||Should hold a Bachelor’s degree of recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate. Mathematics and Physics as subject up to intermediate or class XII of 10+2+3 scheme of education with 60% aggregate marks of both subjects.||Male||01 Jul 1990 to 30 Jun 1994 ( both dates inclusive ).
(ii) Navigator or Observer
|Male||01 Jul 1990 to 30 Jun 1996 ( both dates inclusive ).
|(c)||Technical branch ( Mechanical and Electrical )||(i) Engineering degree with 60% marks in aggregate or should have passed sections A and B examination from the institution of Engineers ( India ) in any of the discipline listed below with 60% marks.|
a. Engineering Branch
Naval architecture / Mechanical / Marine /
Automotive / Mechatronics / Industrial and Production / Metallurgy / Aeronautical / Aerospace.
b. Electrical Branch
Electrical / Electronics or Telecommunication or Instrumentation or Instrumentation and Control or Electronics and Communication or Power Engg. or Power Electronics.
All the above streams of Engineering must be recognised by All India Council of Technical Education ( AICTE ).
(ii) 60% marks in aggregate in Physics and Maths in 12th class or three year diploma course with an aggregate of 60%.
|Male||01 Jul 1990 to 30 Jun 1994 ( both dates inclusive ).|
|Short Service Appointments : Short Service Appointments as Assistant Commandant for a period of 08 years, which may be extended to 10 years and further extendable upto 14 years.|
|(d)||Pilots ( Helicopter and fixed wing ) Commercial Pilot License holders||Aggregate 60% marks in 12th standard also 60% aggregate marks of both Mathematics and Physics subjects. Should possess current / valid Commercial Pilot License ( CPL ) approved by DGCA on the date of Preliminary Selection.||Male ||01 Jul 1990 to 30 Jun 1996 ( both dates inclusive ).|
|(e)||General Duty ( Women )||Should hold a Bachelor’s degree of recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate. Mathematics and Physics as subject up to intermediate or class XII of 10+2+3 scheme of education with 60% aggregate marks of both subjects.||Female||01 Jul 1990 to 30 Jun 1994 ( both dates inclusive ).
|(f)||Law*||A Degree in Law with minimum 60 % marks. |
( Three years degree in Law after graduation ) or
( Five years after 10+2 examination )
* Online application for Law will be accepted from 01 Dec to 03 Dec 2014
|Male||01 Jul 1985 to 30 Jun 1994 ( both dates inclusive ).|
3. Candidates who have cleared their final year / final semester exams and completed their degrees are to apply. Appearing candidates are not eligible.
1. Maximum 5% relaxation in aggregate in the degree certificate only for SC / ST candidates, NCC ‘C’ certificate ( ‘A’ grade ) holders, sports person of National level ( Inter State & above ) and wards of Indian Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service ). No relaxation for 12th class marks.
2. Coast Guard reserves the right to fix the cut off percentage for issue of PSB call up letters.
4. Additional Eligibility Criteria in Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2015 :
- The candidates failed in Pilot Aptitude Battery Test ( PABT ) or suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy are not eligible for Pilot branch however may apply for Navigator ( Observer ).
- The upper age limit for OBC / SC / ST is relaxable as per Govt. of India rules in vogue.
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training academy are not eligible to appear.
- Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.