Indian Coast Guard ( Ministry of Defence )
Excellent Opportunity for Men and Women to become officer in Indian Coast Guard – 02 / 2014 Batch
1. The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, offers a challenging and inspiring career in various branches as a Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer in the rank of Assistant Commandant at pay scale of 15600 – 39100 with Grade Pay 5400.
2. Branch and Eligibility for Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant 2014 :
Unmarried Indian citizens having following minimum qualifications for Indian Coast Guard are eligible to apply :
|Sl||Branch||Educational Qualification||Gender||Age ( Born between )|
|(a)||General Duty||Bachelor’s degree with minimum 60% marks in aggregate of a university recognised by the Central / State Govt. / UGC. Should have qualified 12th standard with aggregate of 60% marks in Physics and Maths.||Men||01 Jul 89 to 30 Jun 93 ( both dates inclusive ).|
(ii) Navigator or Observer
|B.Sc with Maths & Physics with 60% marks in aggregate. ( Physics or Maths should be one of the subject in final year of B.Sc Degree ). Should have qualified 12th standard with an aggregate of 60% marks in Physics and Maths.||Men||01 Jul 87 to 30 Jun 95 ( both dates inclusive ).|
|(c)||Technical branch ( Mechanical and Electrical )||(i) Engineering degree with 60% marks in aggregate or should have passed sections A and B of institute of Engineers ( India ) examination in any of the discipline listed below with 60% marks.|
a. Engineering Branch
Mechanical / Naval architecture / Marine / Industrial and Production / Metallurgy / Mechatronics / Aeronautical / Aerospace Engineering.
b. Electrical Branch
Electrical / Electronics / Power Engineering / Electronics and Communication / Instrumentation and Controls / Power Electronics / Instrumentation Engineering.
*All the above streams of Engineering must be recognised by All India Council of Technical Education ( AICTE ).
(ii) 60% marks in aggregate in Physics and Maths in 12th class or three year diploma course with an aggregate of 60%.
|Men||01 Jul 84 to 30 Jun 93 ( both dates inclusive ).|
|Short Service Appointments : Short Service Appointments as Assistant Commandant for a period of 08 years, which may be extended to 10 years and further extendable upto 14 years.|
|(d)||Pilots ( Helicopter and fixed wing ) Commercial Pilot License holders||12th class pass with 60% marks and should possess current / valid Commercial Pilot license ( CPL ) approved by DGCA on the date of Preliminary Selection.||Men and Women||01 Jul 87 to 30 Jun 95 ( both dates inclusive ).|
|(e)||General Duty ( Women )||Bachelor’s degree with minimum 60% marks in aggregate of a university recognised by the Central / State Govt. / UGC. Should have qualified 12th standard with aggregate of 60% marks in Physics and Maths.||Women||01 Jul 89 to 30 Jun 93 ( both dates inclusive ).|
1. Maximum 5% relaxation in aggregate in the degree certificate only for SC / ST candidates, NCC ‘C’ certificate ( ‘A’ grade ) holders, sports person of National level ( Inter State & above ) and wards of Indian Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service ). No relaxation for 12th class marks.
2. While short listing applications for call up, priority will be given to candidates with higher percentage of marks.
3. Additional Eligibility Criteria in Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2014 :
- The candidates failed in Pilot Aptitude Battery Test ( PABT ) or suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy are not eligible for Pilot branch however may apply for Navigator ( Observer ).
- The Indian Coast Guard upper age limit for OBC / SC / ST is relaxable as per Govt. of India rules in vogue.
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training academy are not eligible to appear.
- Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- Candidates appeared in the final year / final semester exam and awaiting result may also apply provided they should not have any present back papers. Such candidates should be able to submit provisional / original degree certificate issued by the University only by May 2014. Such candidates even if recommended by the Final Selection Board will not be given appointment untill they submit final mark sheet and Provisional / Final degree. Provisional degree issued by the college will not be accepted.
- Candidates holding five years LLB integrated degree after passing XIIth with Maths and Physics or three years LLB with Physics + Maths as subjects in 10+2 can also apply in GD branch. The aggregate of Maths and Physics should be 60% and above in 12th standard.