Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2015 for Assistant Commandant General Duty
Excellent opportunity for Men to become an Officer in Indian Coast Guard General Duty.
1. The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, offers a challenging and inspiring maritime career in various branches as a Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer in the rank of Assistant Commandant at pay scale of 15600 – 39100 with Grade Pay 5400.
2. Branch and Eligibility for Indian Coast Guard GD Assistant Commandant 2015 : Unmarried Indian citizens having following minimum qualifications are eligible to apply :
|Branch||Educational Qualification||Gender||Age ( Born between )|
|General Duty||Should hold a Bachelor’s degree of recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate. Mathematics and Physics as subject up to intermediate or class XII of 10+2+3 scheme of education with 60% aggregate marks of both subjects.||Male||01 Jul 1990 to 30 Jun 1994 ( both dates inclusive ).|
3. Candidates who have cleared their final year / final semester exams and completed their degrees are to apply. Appearing candidates are not eligible.
- Candidates who have already appeared in previous PSB for 02/2015 batch held in the month of Jan 15 need not to apply.
- Maximum 5% relaxation in aggregate in the degree certificate only for SC / ST candidates, NCC ‘C’ certificate ( ‘A’ grade ) holders, Sports person of National level ( Inter State & above ) and Wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service. No relaxation for 12th class marks.
- Coast Guard reserves the right to fix the cut off percentage for issue of PSB call up letters.
4. Additional Eligibility Criteria for Indian Coast Guard GD Assistant Commandant 2015
- The upper age limit for OBC / SC / ST is relaxable as per Govt. of India rules in vogue.
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training academy are not eligible to appear.
- Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
5. How to Apply for Indian Coast Guard GD Assistant Commandant 2015 :
- Indian Coast Guard GD Assistant Commandant 2015 Applications will be accepted only ‘Online’ from 21 March to 26 March 2015for the above branch. The important instructions for filling up of online applications are as follows :
- The name of the candidate, father / mother’s name and date of birth should be same as mentioned in the 10th class pass certificate.
- Indicate exact percentage of 12th and Graduation marks upto two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
- Candidates to choose any one venue out of the options displayed.
- Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate is compulsory. The date, time and venue of the test and other information will be informed through personal email ID.
- To fill up “Online” application the candidates need to logon to the Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.inand click on opportunities button. Read the instruction carefully and proceed as given below :
- Select the advertisement for Recruitment of Assistant Commandant General Duty Branch.
- Select the above branch and Click on the ‘I Agree’ button and the ‘Online Application’ will be displayed.
- Proceed to fill the application ( All Star (*) marked entries are compulsory and to be filled ).
- On completion of filling application, recheck your data entry details carefully once again prior clicking on the submit button.
- On successful submission of the online application a unique Application / Registration number will be provided to the candidate. Candidates must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval / reprint of admit card. Applicants to take print out of the admit card through URL http://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx from 06 Apr to 18 Apr 2015 after short listing of the online applications. For candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria, a ‘Rejection Slip, giving the cause of rejection with the Application Number’ will be displayed. Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination centre and the branch. SC and ST candidates will be given due weightage while short listing.
- Candidates are required to print two copies of the application with number generated by the system. Both copies of the print out of application duly signed with photograph are to be carried by the applicant to the recruitment centre. Out of the above two copies, one copy enclosed with photocopies of all required documents i.e. class 10th certificate and mark sheet showing date of birth, 12th class certificate along with mark sheet showing subjects, Degree certificate showing percentage of marks, caste certificate wherever required and NCC ‘C’ certificate/games certificate duly attested by the Gazetted Officer shall be carried by the candidate and submitted at the examination centre. Second copy without any enclosure is to be kept with the candidate as an identity proof during the selection procedure. Any candidate who does not carry all these documents at the time of PSB shall not be permitted to appear in the exam.
Note : Filling of multiple applications will result in cancellation of all applications of such candidates.
6. Schedule for Indian Coast Guard GD Assistant Commandant Preliminary Selection Examination 2015 : Candidates to reach the allotted venue at least 30 minutes prior to the starting of Indian Coast Guard GD Assistant Commandant Exam. The date and time of the examination will be intimated through candidates e-mail ID and Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in. The Preliminary Selection will be conducted in End April 2015 at following centres or any other centre promulgated by Coast Guard :
- Coast Guard Regional Headquarters ( West ),
Worli Sea Face,
PO – Worli Colony,
Mumbai – 400 030.
- Coast Guard Store Depot,
CG Complex Near Kalmandapam Police Station,
GM Pettai Road,
Chennai – 600 013.
- Coast Guard Selection Board
A-1, Sector-24, Opposite HCL Technologies Ltd.
District – Gautam Budha Nagar, Noida, UP – 201 301.
Note : The dates and venue can be changed by Coast Guard for administrative reasons. Changes in address of recruitment centre if any will be promulgated through the Coast Guard Recruitment website.
7. Indian Coast Guard GD Assistant Commandant Selection Procedure 2015 :
(a) Short Listing of Applications : Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and the qualifying cut off for a particular branch or centre may be increased more than 60% if more applications with higher % are received.
Stage – I
(b) Preliminary Selection for Indian Coast Guard GD Assistant Commandant 2015 : Shortlisted candidates will be called for Preliminary Selection at given date and time which will consist of Mental Ability Test / Cognitive Aptitude Test and Picture Perception & Discussion Test ( PP & DT ). The aptitude test will be in English only and will be objective type. During PP & DT the candidates are expected to speak and discuss in English. However they are free to speak in Hindi if they wish to do so. Date / time and venue of Preliminary Selection once allotted will not be changed at any stage. Candidates are required to appear at the Venue with the following documents :
- Two copies of computer generated pre-filled online application.
- Original pass certificate and mark sheet of 10th class for date of birth verification.
- Original mark sheet and pass certificates of 12th examination.
- Original certificates and mark sheets ( all semesters and years ) of BE / B Tech / Graduation / Law degree as the case may be.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, voter I card, college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- Caste Certificate ( if applicable ) in original as per Govt of India format.
- Current and Valid Commercial Pilot License ( approved by DGCA ) in original for Asst Comdt CPL entry only.
- Character certificate.
Stage – II
(c) Indian Coast Guard GD Assistant Commandant Final Selection 2015 : The candidates qualifying above Preliminary Selection will be called for Final Selection. The date and venue for Final Selection Board ( FSB ) will be uploaded on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in The Final Selection will consist of Psychological Test, Group Task and Interview ( Personality test ).
(d) Medical : All candidates recommended by Final Selection Board will undergo Medical examination at nearest Military Hospital.
(e) Validity of Selection : The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final merit list will have no rights for automatic selection for the next batch. Such candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
(g) Reasons for Rejection : The Candidature of a candidate can be rejected at any time during the process of selection if
- Having detected not meeting any of the above laid down criteria / conditions of educational qualifications, age, submission of wrong information in the application or false certificates etc.
- Act of indiscipline activities including Copying, Cheating, Malpractices or data recording during any of the testing procedures.
(h) Merit List : Qualifying the FSB or Recommendation in FSB does not confirm final selection. A merit list is prepared for the medically fit candidates on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at FSB and depending on the availability of vacancies. The number of vacancies may vary from branch to branch and will be decided at a later date depending on the number of training vacancies available at the training establishments. The details regarding availability of vacancies will be promulgated through Coast Guard www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in during the month of Jun 2015 prior to preparation of merit list.
8. Indian Coast Guard GD Assistant Commandant Medical Standards 2015
- Height : Asst Commandant (GD) : 157 cms minimum. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. regulations.
- Weight : Proportionate to the Height and Age, + 10% acceptable.
- Chest : Well proportionate, minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Eye Sight :(i) Asst Commandant (GD) : 6/6 6/9 – Uncorrected without Glass, 6/6 6/6 – Corrected with Glass.
Note : Candidates with above broad medical guidelines / standards only to appear for the selection. No waiver will be considered for the above standards. The Coast Guard order on medical standards of the officers will be the final authority in case of any dispute.
9. Travel Allowance : Travel expenditure for SC / ST candidates who are not employed in the central / state Govt. and if the home station is beyond 30 kms from the place of selection will be reimbursed second class rail fare, on production of original tickets at the time of Final Selection Board ( Stage – II ) only. No TA will be paid to candidates appearing for the written qualifying test i.e. Stage – I ( Preliminary Selection Board ).
10. General Guidelines
- Candidates should be prepared to stay for 02 days for the Preliminary Selection for which they have to make their own arrangements.
- Candidates to regularly visit the CG Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in for latest updates regarding change in examination dates, venues and any other information.
- Due to limited vacancies Indian Coast Guard reserves the right to fix cut-off marks of the qualifying examination for applying and issue of call-up letters. No communication will be entertained on this account.
- Mobile phones or any other electronic gadgets or pen cameras are not permitted during any test, examinations, group discussion and interviews etc.
- Any change in the postal address after submission of application must be communicated by post duly quoting your Registration number, name and branch opted for.
- Original certificates should not be attached with the application form. Indian Coast Guard will not take responsibility for loss of original certificates, if attached with application. Photo should be pasted and not stapled. All certificates and relevant documents Xeroxed for verification along with original for PSB / FSB, must be duly attested by a Gazetted Officer ( Govt. of India ).
- In case of more number of candidates applying for one centre, a few candidates may be allotted other centre.
- The application and the original documents will be further scrutinized for eligibility prior to each test / FSB, enrolment and the candidature may be cancelled if not found eligible in any respect.
- No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment / enrolment after a period of six months.
11. Indian Coast Guard Offers You
Indian Coast Guard GD Assistant Commandant Pay Scale 2015 : Pay Band – 3 ( 15600 – 39100 ) with Grade Pay 5400/-. The further promotions to the ranks will be as per the laid down promotion criteria. The pay scales for the various ranks are as follows :
|Rank||Pay Band||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|Assistant Commandant||PB - 3||15600 - 39100||5400
|Dy Comdt||PB - 3||15600 - 39100||6600|
|Comdt(JG)||PB - 3||15600 - 39100||7600|
|Comdt||PB - 4||37400 - 67000||8700|
|DIG||PB - 4||37400 - 67000||8900|
|IG||PB - 4||37400 - 67000||10000|
|ADG||HAG||67000 - 79000||-|
(a) In addition to the pay, there will be Dearness allowance, Kit Maintenance allowance and Transport allowance. Other allowances such as flying allowance, diving allowance, hard area, sea duty allowance, house rent etc. will be admissible based on nature of duty / place of posting as per the regulations.
(b) Other benefits
- Entitled rations, medical cover for self and family including dependent parents.
- Government accommodation for self & family on nominal licence fee.
- 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession ( LTC ) for self, family and dependent parents as per Govt. rules.
- Insurance cover of 50 lakhs at a premium of 5000/- per month as Group insurance.
- Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement.
- Canteen and various loan facilities.
- Participation in various sports and adventure activities.
- ECHS medical facilities after retirement.
12. Disclaimer : Information given in the advertisement and on the website is guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity the existing rules and regulations of Indian Coast Guard / Govt. of India will be final.
*Candidates to see Coast Guard Recruitment Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in for updates.
Caution : Selection in Coast Guard is fair and on Merit Only. Candidate should not fall prey to unscrupulous persons posing as recruitment agents. For complaint against such persons, candidate must approach the Director ( Recruitment ) Coast Guard HQ, Selection Board, Noida on Telephone – 0120-2414395 / 2411752.