Indian Coast Guard Recruitment for Assistant Commandant – 02 / 2017 Batch :
2. Indian Coast Guard AC Selection Procedure 2017
1. The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, offers a challenging career to young and dynamic Indian candidates for various branches as an Assistant Commandant (Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officers) and invites ‘online’ application.
2. Branch and Eligibility for Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant 2016 : Indian citizens having following minimum qualifications are eligible to apply :
|Sl.No.||Branch ||Educational Qualification||Gender||Age (Born Between)|
|(a)||General Duty||Should hold a Bachelor’s degree of recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (ie. 1st Semester to 8th Semester for BE/B.Tech or 1st year to last year for Bachelor Degree Candidates wherever applicable). Mathematics and Physics as subjects & up to intermediate or class XII of 10+2+3 scheme of education or equivalent with 60% aggregate marks in Maths & Physics [Candidates not in possession of Physics & Maths in 10 +2 (Intermediate) level or equivalent are not eligible for General Duty (GD) & General Duty (Pilot)].||Male||01 Jul 1992 to 30 Jun 1996 (both dates inclusive).|
|(b)||General Duty (Pilot)||Male||01 Jul 1992 to 30 Jun 1998
(both dates inclusive).
(Mechanical and Electrical)
|(i) Engineering degree with 60% marks in aggregate or Should have passed Sections A and B examination from the Institution of Engineers (India) in any of the discipline listed below with 60% marks.|
(ii) At least 60% marks in aggregate in Physics and Maths in 12th class. or Three year diploma course with an aggregate of 60%
|Male||01 Jul 1992 to 30 Jun 1996
(both dates inclusive).
|(d)||Law||A Degree in Law with minimum 60% marks from a recognised University. |
(Three years degree in Law after graduation)
(Five years after 10+2 examination)
|Male||01 Jul 1987 to 30 Jun 1996
(both dates inclusive).
|Short Service Appointments : Short Service Appointments as Assistant Commandant for a period of 08 years, which may be extended to 10 years and further extendable upto 14 years.|
|(e)||Pilots (CPL)||12th class pass with 60% marks in aggregate and should possess current/valid Commercial Pilot License (CPL) issued/validated by DGCA on the date of submission of application.||Male and Female||01 Jul 1992 to 30 Jun 1998
(both dates inclusive).
- Indian Coast Guard upper age limit of OBC/SC/ST is relaxable as per Government of India rules in vogue.
- Maximum 5% relaxation in aggregate in the degree certificate for SC/ST candidates, NCC ‘C’ certificate (‘A’ grade) holders, Sports person of National level (Inter State & above) and Wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service. No relaxation for 12th class marks.
- Coast Guard reserves the right to fix the cut off percentage for issue of PSB call up letters.
3. Indian Coast Guard AC Additional Eligibility Criteria 2016 :
- The candidates failed in Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) or suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy are not eligible for Pilot branch.
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training academy are not eligible to appear.
- Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- Only candidates cleared their final year/final semester exam and completed their degrees are to apply.
4. How to Apply for Indian Coast Guard AC Posts 2016 :
(a) Indian Coast Guard applications will be accepted only ‘Online’ from 24th November, 2016 to 10th December, 2016 till 1700 hrs for GD/Tech Branches and from 14th December to 18th December, 2016 till 1700 hrs for Law Branch.
The important instructions for filling up of online applications are as follows :
- The name of the candidate, father/mother’s name and date of birth should be same as mentioned in the 10th class passing certificate.
- Indicate exact percentage of 12th and Graduation marks upto two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
- Candidates to choose any one venue for PSB out of the options displayed.
- Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate is compulsory. The date, time and venue of the test and other information will be informed through personal email ID/CG Recruitment.
- In case of reserved category applicants, availing age/percentage relaxation, either current or permanent address of online application should be same as the address mentioned in caste/category certificate (SC, ST & OBC). Further in case of OBC, the category certificate should not be more than 3 financial Years old and for such cases renewed/fresh certificate to be produced.
(b) To fill up “Online” application the candidates need to logon to the website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button.
Read the instruction carefully and proceed as mentioned below :
- Select the advertisement for Recruitment of Assistant Commandant-(02/2017 Batch).
- Select any one post to be applied from any one of the followings :
(aa) Assistant Commandant General Duty
(ab) Assistant Commandant General Duty (Pilot)
(ac) Assistant Commandant Technical (Electrical/Electronics)
(ad) Assistant Commandant Technical (Mechanical/Aeronautical)
(ae) Assistant Commandant General Duty (Law)
(af) Assistant Commandant (Commercial Pilot License-SSA)
- Click on the ‘I Agree’ button and the ‘Online Application’ will be displayed.
- Proceed to fill the application (All Star (*) marked entries are compulsory and to be filled).
- On completion of filling application, recheck your data entry details carefully once again prior clicking on the Submit button.
- On successful submission of the online application a unique Application/Registration number will be provided to the candidate. Candidates must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval/reprint of admit card. Applicants to take print out of the admit card through URL http://joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx from 20th December, 2016 to 30th December, 2016 for GD/Tech Branches & from 31st December, 2016 to 05th January, 2017 for Law Branch only post shortlisting of the online application. For candidates NOT meeting the eligibility criteria, a ‘Rejection Slip, giving the cause of rejection with the Application Number’ will be displayed. Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination centre and the branch. SC and ST candidates will be given due weightage while shortlisting.
- Candidates are required to print two copies of the application with roll number generated by the system. Both copies of the print out of application duly signed with recent identical photograph (not older than 03 months) are to be carried by the applicant to the recruitment centre. Out of the above two copies, one copy enclosed with photocopies of all required documents i.e. class 10th certificate and mark sheet showing date of birth, 12th class/equivalent certificate along with mark sheet showing subjects, Degree certificate showing percentage of marks, caste certificate wherever required and NCC ‘C’ certificate/games certificate duly attested shall be carried by the candidate and submitted at the examination centre. Second copy without any enclosure is to be kept with the candidate as an identity proof during the selection procedure. Any candidate who does not carry all these documents at the time of PSB shall not be permitted to appear in the exam.
Note : Candidate can apply for one branch only. Filling of multiple applications will result in cancellation of all applications of such candidates.
* Last date for applying online : 10th December, 2016 till 1700 Hrs for GD/Tech Branches and 18 Dec 2016 till 1700 Hrs for Law Branch.
5. Schedule for Indian Coast Guard AC Preliminary Selection Examination 2016 : Candidates to reach the allotted centre at least 30 minutes prior to starting of Exam. The date and time of the examination will be intimated through candidates e-mail ID and Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
The Preliminary Selection will be tentatively commenced from 17th January, 2017 at following centres or any other Centre promulgated by Coast Guard :
- Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (West),
Worli Sea Face,
- Coast Guard Store Depot,
CG Complex Near Kalmandapam Police Station,
GM Pettai Road, Royapuram,
Chennai – 600 013.
- Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (North East)
Synthesis Business Park
6th floor, Shrachi Building,
New Town Rajarhat,
Kolkata – 700 161.
- Coast Guard Selection Board,
District-Gautam Budha Nagar,
Noida, UP – 201 301.
Note : The Changes in address of recruitment centre if any will be promulgated through the Coast Guard Recruitment.