Indian Coast Guard – Assistant Commandant ( Jan ) 2009 – Application Form
Your Chance to Join the Elite Group of Individuals who take Pride in Proteting the Maritime Zone of the Country come Join the Indian Coast Guard Applications are invited from male Indian citizen for Assistant Commandant Group ‘A’ Gazetted Officer in General Duty, General Duty (Pilot Navigator), CPL Holders for course commencing Jan 2009 at Naval Academy, INS Mandovi Goa.
Type of Entry
|Branch/Type of Entry||Educational Qualification||Age|
|( a ) Assistant Commandant ( General Duty )||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline of a recognised university by the Central/ State Government / UGC with Mathematics and physics as subjects up to 12th Std of 10+2+3 scheme of education||Born between 01 Jul 1984 to 30 Jun 1988|
|( b ) Assistant Commandant General Duty - Pilot ( Candidates failed in Pilot Aptitude Battery Test ( PABT ) need not apply )||Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university by the Central / State Government/ UGC with mathematics and physics as subjects during graduation.||Born between 01 Jul 1982 to 30 Jun 1990|
|( c ) Assistant Commandant General Duty ( Pilot entry for Commercial Pilot License ( CPL ) holders for short service appointment )||12th class passed or equivalent and should possess current Commercial Pilot License ( CPL ) on the date of submission of application||Born between 01 Jul 1982 to 30 Jun 1990|
The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC / ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates.
- Height in cms.
- Asst Commandant ( GD ) 157 cms minimum, may be reduced by 5 cms in the case of Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese ( including those from Nagaland, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Tripura) Garhwal, Sikkim, Local tribes of A & N islands and 2 cms in case of candidates from Lakshadweep, mainland settlers in Andaman and Nicobar.
- Asst Commandant ( Pilot ) and Assistant Commandant Commercial Pilot License ( CPL ) holders for short service appointment : Minimum 162 cms and maximum 197 cms, leg length 99 cms.
- Weight: Proportionate to the Height and Age, + 10 % acceptable.
- Chest: Well proportionate, minimum expansion 5 cms
- Assistant Commandant ( GD ) – 6/6 ( Good Eye ) 6/9 ( Bad Eye ) without glasses
- Asst Commandant ( Pilot ) and Assistant Commandant Commercial Pilot License ( CPL ) holders for short service appointment – 6/6 ( Both Eyes ) without glasses
The Coast Guard offers You : As Assistant Commandant, the officer on enrolment will be placed in the pay scale of 8000-275-13500 alongwith following additional pay and allowances. ( Pay and allowances mentioned are subject to change with implementation of VI Pay Commission ).
- The Officers in the flying branch, on award of wings, will be entitled to get flying pay ranging from 4000-7000 per month depending on their ranks and years of service.
- Dearness Allowance.
- City Compensatory Allowance
- Kit maintenance Allowance
- Outfit allowance
- Sea Going Allowance
- Hardlying money
- Island Special duty Allowance
Group Insurance & Gratuity: Insurance cover of 15 lakhs ( on contribution ) as per latest rules in vogue. Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in vogue.
Leave & Leave Travel Concession: Officers are entitled to ( subject to service exigencies ) 45 days earned leave, 8 days casual leave, LTC to hometown for self every year, LTC to hometown for self and family every two year, LTC to anywhere in India for self and family in accordance with the Govt orders in vogue. 50 % concession by air. Leave encasement is permissible, as per the latest rules in vogue.
Adventure and Sports : The Indian Coast Guard provides opportunities to pursue sports and adventure activities such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding and wind surfing etc.
Other Benefits : Entitled ration as per scale, accommodation and allied service at concessional rates, free medical facilities for self, family and dependent parents, Canteen facilities, Low rate interest loan from Govt. sources for purchase of Car / Personal Computer / Scooter and construction of House ( as per applicability ).
Probation Two years or till completion of training whichever is later.
Training The basic training is scheduled to commence for Asst Comdt General Duty, General Duty ( Pilot Navigator ), CPL Holders in Jan 2009 in Indian Naval Academy INS Mondovi, Goa. The cost of training including books and reading materials will be borne by the Indian Coast Guard.
Selection Procedure :
- Short listed candidates will be called for selection test / interview at Kolkata / Bhubaneshwar / Vishakhapatnam / Chennai / Kochi / Mumbai / Nagpur/ Port Blair / Noida ( UP ). Candidate’s excellence in Academics, Sports and NCC will be given due weightage whilst short listing the candidates. The date of entrance test will be intimated to the short listed candidates through call up letters by second week of Aug 2008. Candidates who do not receive call up letter may assume that they have not come in the zone of short listing.
- The selection process consists of two phases :
- Preliminary Selection Boards ( PSB ) are conducted at Kolkata / Bhubaneshwar / Vishakhapatnam / Chennai / Kochi / Mumbai / Nagpur / Port Blair / Noida ( UP ). It consists of General Mental Ability Test in which the candidates will be tested for General Awareness, General Intelligence and Reasoning.
- Final Selection Board ( FSB ) at Coast Guard Selection Board ( CGSB ) Noida ( UP ). It consists of Psychological Test, Group Testing and Interview (Personality Test ).
- Selection will be made only on the basis of performance of the candidate in FSB. Those found medically fit will be placed in the merit list. The candidates who qualify in the merit list vis – à – vis number of vacancies available will be issued with appointment letter and called to CGSB Noida ( UP ) for two weeks Pre – Naval – Orientation Training Program ( P – NOT – P ) and thereafter sent to Naval Academy, INS Mandovi to undergo basic training with the Indian Navy.
- Medical examination will be held at Delhi.