Method of Selection for Indian Army UES Entry Scheme 2014
The Indian Army UES Selection Process to be followed is indicated below :
- All applications for Indian Army UES Entry 2015 as per format of application form given in the website are to be forwarded to respective Command Headquarters.
- Preliminary selection of prospective candidates studying in the Pre-Final Year ( Engineering ) will be made by a selection team detailed by Command HQ for holding preliminary interviews at University / College.
- Candidates are required to be under graduates during the selection process and must be graduates at the time of commencement of the course. Candidates whose University examination pattern does not permit applying for the UES are advised to apply for TGC / SSC (T) commencing at IMA Dehradun / OTA Chennai in Jan / Apr and Jul / Oct every year. TGC / SSC (T) courses are being notified in Employment News and other prominent Newspapers in April and Oct i.e. approximately nine months before commencement of TGC course at IMA Dehradun and 12 months before commencement of SSC (T) course at OTA Chennai. The decision of DG Recruiting, Army HQ in the matter of shortlisting and forwarding of applications to Selection Centre for SSB interview will be final.
- Duration of Indian Army SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival. During their stay at SSB, candidates are put through Psychological Tests, Group Test and Interviews.
- Candidates will be put through stage I of the selection procedure on the first day. Only successful candidates shall be retained for balance of the testing. Candidates who fail to qualify in stage I will be returned on the first day itself. Stage I are Psychologically oriented tests including intelligence tests.
- Candidates who qualify at the SSB and are found medically fit by a Medical Board will be placed in order of merit. The final selection will be made in the order upto the number of vacancies in UES Entry available at that time.
- Pre-final year candidates will be called in the year of their completion of Degree, subject to their being medically fit at that time depending on availability of vacancies and their position in the merit.
- Selected Pre-final year students would be granted Short Service Commission on probation from the date of their joining the final year class.
- After successful completion of degree course the candidates finally selected will be admitted for Pre-Commission training at Indian Military Academy ( IMA ), Dehradun for a period of 12 months.
5. Merit List :
It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the SSB interview does not confirm final selection. A merit list is prepared for every Branch / Stream separately purely on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at SSB interview and as such higher educational qualification, previous performance, NCC background etc have no role to play. Merit list will be prepared for 24 UES Pre final year course commencing from Jul 2015. Joining instructions will be issued for pre-commissioning training subject to appearing in merit list, medical fitness and as per vacancies notified for the subject course.
6. Indian Army Medical Examination in UES Entry 2015 :
A candidate recommended by the Service Selection Board will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers. The proceedings of the Medical Board are confidential and will not be divulged to anyone. However, candidates declared unfit by the Special Medical Board ( SMB ) will be intimated by the President of the Medical Board the Procedure for request for Appeal Medical Board ( AMB ). Unfit candidates should report for AMB within a maximum period of 42 days. Candidates are advised in their own interest to appear for AMB well in time and should not wait for last date given by the SMB.
Candidates are advised to note that Recruiting Directorate has no role to play in Appeal Medical Board and procedure advised by medical authorities is strictly to be adhered to. Candidates declared unfit by AMB will be intimated by the President, AMB about procedure to challenging the finding of AMB. Candidates will also be intimated that Review Medial Board ( RMB ) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merits of the case and that RMB is not a matter of right. Candidates will be considered medially fit only on receipt of the approved medical documents from Directorate General Medical Services.
Note : Candidates are advised in their own interest to undergo a preliminary medical check up for wax in ears, DNS, defective colour vision, over weight / under weight, piles, gynaecomasties, tonsilitis and visicocle before reporting for the SSB interview.
7. UES Entitlement of Travelling Allowance 2015 :
Candidates appearing for SSB interview for the first time for a particular type of commission, shall be entitled for AC III tier to and fro Railway fare or Bus fare including reservation cum sleeper charges within the Indian limits. Candidates who apply again for the same type of commission will not be entitled to travelling allowance on any subsequent occasion.
8. Training and Prospects in UES Entry 2015 :
- Selected candidates for UES 24 Course will be detailed for training at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun according to their position in the final order of merit, discipline wise upto the number of vacancies available at the time.
- Duration of training for UES Entry is one year.
- Engineering graduates will be granted Short Service Commission ( on Probation ) and will be entitled to draw full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay and allowances will be paid after successful completion of University Entry Scheme training.
- Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor will be allowed to leave with parents guardians. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at the Indian Military Academy. A candidate, who married subsequent to the date of his application though successful at the Service Selection Board interview or Medical Examination, will not be inducted for training. A candidate if he marries, while under training, shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government.
- Indian Army Training at IMA at Govt expense.
9. Terms and Conditions of Services in UES Entry 2015 :
- Candidates during the period of SSC will be given stipend at the rate of minimum basic pay of Lt. However the entire stipend will be paid in lumpsum only on reporting for training at IMA. They will not be entitled to any other privilege or allowances or expenses in connection with tuition fee, text books, accommodation, messing and other allied services.
- From the date of joining IMA they will be entitled to full pay and allowances and other benefits as admissible to regular officers.
- Engineering graduates who possess the prescribed qualification will be granted one year ante-date for purpose of seniority, promotion and increments of pay.
10. Liability of Service : Officers may be granted commission in any arms / services and will be liable for service in any part of the world on selected appointments as decided by Indian Army Headquarters from time to time.
11. The Indian Army Offers You
- Pay Scale for Indian Army UES 2013 : The promotion from Lieutenant to Lieutenant Colonel is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria is as follows :
Rank Pay Bands / Scale Grade Pay MSP Remarks Lieutenant PB-3 / 15600-39100 5400 6000 On commission Captain PB-3 / 15600-39100 6100 6000 On completion of 2 yrs Major PB-3 / 15600-39100 6600 6000 On completion of 6 yrs Lt Colonel PB-4 / 37400-67000 8000 6000 On completion of 13 yrs Colonel PB-4 / 37400-67000 8700 6000 On selection basis subject to fulfilment of requisite service conditions Brigadier PB-4 / 37400-67000 8900 6000 Major General PB-4 / 37400-67000 10000 Nil Lt General / HAG Scale 67000 - ( annual increment @ 3% ) - 80000 Nil Nil HAG + Scale *
*Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt Gens
75500 - ( annual increment @ 3% ) - 80000 Nil Nil VCOAS / Army Cdr / Lt Gen ( NFSG ) 80000 ( fixed ) Nil Nil COAS 90000 ( fixed ) Nil Nil
- Allowances as Applicable – The Rates of Allowances applicable to Officers are as under :
Allowances To Whom Applicable Rates Field Area Allowance Officers Posted to Field Area 4200/- PM High Altitude / Uncongeniel Climate Officers Posted in High Altitude / Uncongeniel Climate 11200/- PM Siachen Officers Posted in Siachen 14000/- PM Flying Pay Officers Posted as Army Aviators 9000 PM Parachute Pay Officers Posted in Active Parachute BNs / Regt 1200/- PM Special Forces Allowance Officers posted in Special Forces 9000/- PM Transport Allowance Officers Posted in Peace Stations 3200/- + DA PM in A1/A cities and Rs 1600 + DA PM at other places House Rent Allowance To officers not provided Govt. Accommodation 10-30% of Basic Pay ( Pay Band + Grade Pay + MSP ) Kit Maintenance Allowance All officers 400/- PM Uniform Allowance ( Outfit Allowance ) All officers Initial 14000/- and 3000 every Three Years Qualification Pay / Grant for Service Courses All officers undergoing specified courses 6000 to 20000/- Instructional Allowance All Officers Posted as Instructors 1800/-
Note : In the case of allowances specific to Defence Forces, the rates of these allowances have been further enhanced by 25% as Dearness Allowances has gone up by 50%.
12. Cost to Company ( CTC ) : The CTC for a Lieutenant would be approximately 65000/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay Military Service Pay, Tech Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
13. Privileges : In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Indian Army provides free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
14. Group Insurance and Gratuity : The Gentleman cadets of University Entry Scheme ( UES ) while undergoing training at IMA, Dehradun are ensured for 40 lac w.e.f. 01 Apr 2011. Those who get medically boarded out of Academy on account of disability, the disability cover provided for 100% disability will be 20 lac which is proportionately reduced upto 4 lac for 20% disability. However, for less than 20% disability, no disability benefit is eligible but an ex gratia grant of 50,000/- will be paid.
Disability due to alcoholism, drug addiction and due to the diseases of pre enrolment origin will not qualify for disability benefits and ex gratia grant. In addition, Gentleman cadet withdrawn on disciplinary ground, expelled as an undesirable or voluntarily leaving the Academy will also not be eligible for disability benefits and ex gratia Grant. Subscription at the rate of 4,000/- will have to be paid in advance on monthly basis by the Gentleman cadets in receipt of stipend and will become members of the main Army Group Insurance Scheme as applicable to regular Army Officers. Gratuity will be granted to the officers as per the latest rules in force.
15. Leave Entitlements : On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days causal leave every year ( subject to service exigencies ). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel ( as per extant rules ) for self and family. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
16. Sports & Adventure : The Indian Army provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, Horse Riding etc.
17. Physical Fitness : In Indian Military Academy curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on Physical fitness. You are therefore, advised to remain fit through physical exercises, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the Indian Army training goals successfully.
18. Stipend / Pay during Training at IMA : During the period of training the candidates will be given a stipend of 21,000/- p.m. ( 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band Plus Grade Pay 5,400/- ). On completion of training Officers are commissioned as Lt and entitled to the pay scale as given in para 11 above.
19. The final allotment of Arms / Service / Corps, at the time of passing out will be the sole discretion of Integrated HQ, Min of Defence ( Army ) keeping in view the existing policy. No representation is tenable on this account.