Last Date of Filling Online Application for UES 27 Course has been extended to 15th September, 2016 (10.00 AM)
Indian Army UES 27th 2018 Application Form
Indian Army UES 27th Applications 2016 will only be accepted online on website : www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Click on “Officers Entry Apply/Login” and then click Registration. Fill the Indian Army UES 27 online registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’. A page ‘Officers Selection – Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against University Entry Scheme.
A page “Application Form” will open. Read the instructions carefully and click Continue to fill details as required under various segments, Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB. ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment. After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made. Click on “Submit now” only after carefully ascertaining that the correct details have been filled in. After submitting, click on “PDF” and take two copies of the application form having Roll No and other details generated by the system.
Note 1 :
Details once submitted will NOT be changed under any circumstance, and No representation in this regard shall be entertained.
Note 2 :
The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for his reference. No need to send any hard copy to DG Recruiting. Candidates must submit only one online application. Receipt of multiple online applications from the same candidate will result in cancellation of candidature, and no representation will be entertained in this regard.
Documents are to be carried to the Selection Centre by the candidate :
- One copy of the Print out of application duly signed and affixed with self attested photograph.
- Self Attested copy of Matriculation or equivalent certificate for age proof.
- Self Attested copy of 12th Class Certificate & Marksheet.
- Self Attested copy of Engineering Degree / Provisional Degree.
- Self Attested copy of mark sheets of all semesters.
- Certificate from the Principal / Head of the Institution stating that the candidate is in final year and at final exams will be over by 01st July, 2018 for final year candidates.
- Equivalence certificate of the concerned university to claim equivalence to the notified stream.
- All certificates in original. Originals will be returned after verification at the Service Selection Board itself.
- Any candidate who does not carry these entire documents for the SSB interview, his candidature will be cancelled.
Method of Selection in Indian Army UES 2018 :
- The received online applications for Indian Army UES 2018 of candidates will be forwarded to respective Command HQs.
- The Preliminary selection of prospective candidates studying in the Pre-Final Year(Engineering) will be made by selection teams detailed by respective Command HQs for holding preliminary interviews at University/College. Candidates are required to report for screening test alongwith original and self attested copies of Educational certificates listed and other certificates relating to sports and achievement in extracurricular activities like NCC, Social Work, Debates, Adventure Activity etc.
- Short listing of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD(Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications ‘Provisionally Recommended’ by Comd HQ in the preliminary screening interviews at University/Colleges.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates will be interviewed at Selection Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab). Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued through candidate’s registered e-mail id and through SMS. Candidates will not be interviewed locally. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of DG Rtg, IHQ MoD (Army) and NO request for changes will be entertained in this regard.
- Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same date. Duration of SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival and details are available on the official website of Rtg Dte www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
Indian Army UES Entry Scheme 2018 Physical Standard :
- Height & Weight : The minimum acceptable height and weight for men is 157.5 cms with correlated weight. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height will be relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2cms.
- Visual Standards : The minimum acceptable visual acuity are: Distant vision (corrected) better eye 6/6, worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 3.5 including Astigmation. Candidates who have undergone or have evidence for having undergone Radial Karatotomy to improve the visual acuity will be permanently rejected. Candidates who have undergone Lasik Surgery for Correction of refractive error are acceptable subject :
- Their Age should be more than 20 Yrs.
- Uncomplicated stable LASIK / Excimer (PRK) laser procedure done for Myopia or Hypermetropia, with stable refraction for a period of six months after the procedure.
- A healthy retina.
- Corrected vision should be 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye, with maximum residual refraction of + 1.50 in any meridian for myopia or hypermetropia.
- Axial length within permissible limits.
- Permanent Body Tattoos : Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoos mark on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
- To be passed fit, a candidate must be in good physical and mental health free from any disability likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duty.
- Prospective candidates are advised to exercise and keep themselves physically fit, in order to avoid any injury due to the rigorous physical training at Indian Military Academy. In order to be able to adjust to the regime there candidates are advised to achieve following standards before joining the IMA, if finally selected :
- Running 2.4Km in 15 minutes.
- Push ups – 13 Nos.
- Sit ups – 25 Nos.
- Chin ups – 6 Nos.
- Rope climbing – 3-4 meters.
Indian Army UES Medical Examination 2016 :
A candidate recommended by the Service Selection Board will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers. The proceedings of the Medical Board are confidential and will not be divulged to anyone. However, candidates declared unfit by the Special Medical Board ( SMB ) will be intimated by the president of the Medical Board the procedure for request for Appeal Medical Board ( AMB ). Unfit candidates should report for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) within a maximum period of 42 days.
Candidates are advised in their own interest to appear for AMB well in time and should not wait for the last date given by the SMB. Candidates are advised to note that Recruiting Directorate has no role to play in Appeal Medical Boards and procedure advised by the medical authorities is strictly to be adhered to. Candidates declared unfit by AMB will be intimated by the President, AMB about procedure to challenge the finding of AMB. Candidates will also be intimated that Review Medical Board ( RMB ) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merits of the case and that RMB is not a matter of right. Candidates will be considered medically fit only on receipt of the approved Medical documents from Directorate General Medical Services.
Note : Candidates are advised in their own interest to undergo a preliminary medical check up for wax in ears, DNS, defective colour vision, over weight/under weight, piles, gynaecomasties, tonsillitis and visicocle before reporting for the SSB interview.
Indian Army 27th UES Merit List 2018 :
It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the SSB interview does not confirm final selection. Merit list will be prepared Engineering Stream/Subject wise on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at SSB interview. Higher Educational Qualification, previous performances, NCC background etc, have no role to play. Those in the merit list and who come within the stipulated stream vacancies, and are medically fit, will be issued joining letters for pre-commissioning training at Indian Military Academy.
Change of Indian Army Interview Dates :
Request for change of Indian Army SSB interview date/centre will not be entertained. However under most unavoidable circumstances, such a change may be considered based on the circumstances of the case. This will be an exception rather than the rule. Request for such change should be forwarded to Selection Centre from where the call up letter for Indian Army SSB interview has been received and not to Directorate General of Recruiting.
For more information / queries regarding allotment of selection centres, date of interview, merit list, joining instructions and any other relevant information please visit our website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in or contact Tele No. ( 011 ) 26173215 ( between 2 PM to 5 PM Monday to Friday ).
Entitlement for Travelling Allowances :
Candidates appearing for SSB interview for the first time for a particular type of commission shall be entitled to AC-III tier to and fro railway fare or Bus fare including reservation cum sleeper charges within the Indian limits. Candidates who apply again for the same type of commission will not be entitled to travelling allowances on any subsequent occasion.
Terms and Conditions of Services :
- Candidates during the period of SSC will be given stipend at the rate of minimum basic pay of Lt. However the entire stipend will be paid in lump sum only on reporting for training at IMA. They will not be entitled to any other privilege or allowances or expenses in connection with tuition fee, text books, accommodation, messing and other allied services.
- From the date of joining IMA they will be entitled to full pay and allowances and other benefits as admissible to regular officers.
- Engineering graduates who possess the prescribed qualification will be granted one year ante-date for purpose of seniority, promotion and increments of pay.
Liability of Service :
Officers may be granted commission in any arms/ services and will be liable for service in any part of the world on selected appointments as decided by Army Headquarters from time to time.
Physical Fitness :
In Indian Military Academy curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on Physical fitness. You are advised to remain fit through physical exercises, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the Indian Army training goals successfully.
Stipend / Pay During Training at IMA 2016 :
During the period of training the candidates will be given a stipend of 21,000/- p.m. (15,600/- as pay in Pay Band Plus Grade Pay 5,400/-). On completion of training Officers are commissioned as Lt and entitled to the pay scale.
The final allotment of Arms / Service / Corps, at the time of passing out will be the sole discretion of Integrated HQ, Min of Defence ( Army ) keeping in view the existing policy. No representation is tenable on this account.
Important Notes :
- Recommendation of candidates at Service Selection Board is no indicator of their final Selection. Joining Letter to undergo Pre- commission training at IMA, Dehradun would be issued to the candidates as per overall order of merit Engineering stream wise, medical fitness and the number of vacancies available in each discipline.
- Terms and conditions given in this advertisement are subject to change without prior notice and should therefore be treated as guidelines only.
- Before applying, candidates must satisfy themselves in their own interest that they will be able to submit certificates in support of completion of the final semester examination of Engineering degree by 01st July, 2016 to the Address of :
Directorate General of Recruiting,
New Delhi- 110066
- Candidates not in receipt of a Call-up letter from any of the Selection Centre for SSB interview should presume that either their applications could not come in short list or are found ineligible. NO correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from NDA, IMA and OTA are NOT eligible to apply for commission into Army.
The merit list will be displayed in the first week of June 2018 at the receipt of :
Integrated HQ of MoD (Army),
For general / merit list queries contact Recruiting Directorate Telephone No. (011) 26173215. website: www.joinindianarmy.nic.in, email– firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indian Army UES 27 Online Application will open on 12th August, 2016 at 10:00 hrs and will be closed on 13th September, 2016 at 17:00 hrs.