UPSC Exam Question Bank CDs More Details…
Registration for Indian Army 123 TGC Online application will open on 12 October 2015 to will close on 11 November 2015.
1. Indian Army applications are invited from Male Married / Unmarried Engineering Graduates for Grant of Permanent Commission in the Army in all Arms / Services. 123rd Technical Graduate Course will commencing in July 2016 at Indian Military Academy ( IMA ), Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
2. Discipline wise Vacancies in Indian Army 123 TGC are as given below :
|Engineering Streams||Equivalent Stream ( AICTE Appd )||Vacancies|
|Civil||Civil Engg, Civil Engg ( Structural Engg ), Structural Engg||25|
|Mechanical||Mechanical Engg, Mechanical ( Mechatronics ) Engg, Mechanical & Automation Engg||10|
|Electrical||Electrical Engg, Electrical Engg ( Electronics & Power ), Power System Engg, Electrical & Electronics Engg||10|
|Electronics||Electrical Engg, Electrical Engg ( Electronics & Power ), Power System Engg, Electrical & Electronics Engg||05|
|Computer Sc & Engg / Computer Technology / Info Tech / M.Sc ( Computer Sc )||Computer Engg, Computer Science, Computer Science Engg, Computer Science & Engg, Information Science & Engg||10|
|Electronics & Telecommunication / Telecommunication / Electronics & Communication / Satellite Communication||Electronics & Telecommunication Engg, Telecommunication Engg, Electronics & Communication Engg, Electronics & Electrical Communication Engg||10|
Note 1 : Indian Army 123 TGC vacancies are tentative and may be changed depending on availability of training slots. No equivalence of Engineering stream will be accepted.
3. Type of Commission :
- Grant of Commission : Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at IMA, whichever is later and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay & allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
- Permanent Commission : On successful completion of training cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt.
- Ante Date Seniority : One year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted to Engineering Graduates of TGC Entry.
4. Age Limits for Indian Army TGC 123rd Course 2016 : 20 to 27 years as on 01 July 2016. ( Candidates born between 02 Jul 89 and 01 Jul 96, both dates inclusive ).
Note : The date of birth entered in the matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate only is accepted by this office. No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
5. Indian Army TGC 123rd Course Educational Qualification 2016 : Candidates should have passed Engineering Degree or appeared in the final year of Engineering Degree course. The candidates appearing in the final year examination of Degree Course should complete all their examinations related to the degree, prior to 01 July 2016. They should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at IMA. Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at IMA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite Degree Certificate.
Important Note : Candidates must note that the minimum educational qualification for induction into TGC – 123 is BE / B.Tech degree in the Engineering streams notified below. Therefore, to become eligible for induction into TGC 123 course, candidates studying in final year of engineering must complete all the formalities including written, practicals, projects, backlogs, viva voce, etc for award of qualifying BE / B.Tech degree before commencement of course ( 01 Jul 2016 ) failing which their candidature is liable to be cancelled.
6. Eligibility for Indian Army TGC 123rd Course Jul 2016
- Nationality : A candidate must either be
- a citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries like Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- Candidates withdrawn from IMA / OTA / Naval Academy / Air Force Academy on disciplinary grounds are not eligible to apply.
- Physical Standards :
- Height & Weight : The minimum acceptable height and weight for men is 157.5 cms with correlated weight. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height will be relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
- Visual Standards : The minimum acceptable visual acuity are : Distant vision ( corrected ) better eye 6/6, worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 3.5 including Astigmation. Candidates who have undergone or have evidence for having undergone Radial Karatotomy to improve the visual acuity will be permanently rejected. Candidates who have undergone Lasik Surgery for Correction of reflective error are not acceptable.
- To pass fit, a candidate must be in good physical and mental health free from any disability.
- Prospective candidates are advised to exercise and keep themselves physically fit, in order to avoid any injury due to the rigorous physical training at Indian Military Academy. In order to be able to adjust to the regime there candidates are advised to achieve following standards before joining the IMA, if finally selected : (a) Running 2.4Km in 15 minutes (b) Push ups – 13 Nos (c) Sit ups – 25 Nos (d) Chin ups – 6 Nos (e) Rope climbing – 3 – 4 metres.