Indian Army 124th Technical Graduate Course ( TGC ) January 2017 Application Form – Indian Army 124th TGC Entry
Last Date for Filling the TGC 124 Online Application extended from 24th June 2016 to 27th June 2016.
Indian Army 124th TGC Course How to Apply 2016 :
Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in Click on “Officers Entry Apply / Login” and then click ‘Registration’. Fill the online Registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on “Apply Online”. A page “Officers Selection-Eligibility” will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Technical Graduate Course. A page ‘Application form’ will open. Read the instruction carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments-Personal information, Communications details, Education details and details of previous SSB. “Save & Continue” each time before you go to the next segment. After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page “Summary of your information” where in you can check and edit the entries already made. Then click on “Submit Now” only after carefully ascertaining that the correct details have been filled in. After submitting, click on “PDF” and take two copies of the application form having Roll No and other details generated by the System.
Note : Details once submitted will not be changed under any circumstance, and No representation in this regard shall be entertained.
Documents to be carried to the Selection Centre by the candidate :
- One copy of the Print out of application duly signed and affixed with photograph self attested by the candidate.
- Self attested copy of Matriculation or equivalent certificate for age proof.
- Self attested copy of 12th Class Certificate & Marksheet.
- Self attested copy of Engineering Degree/Provisional Degree
- Self attested copy of Mark sheets of all Semesters.
- Certificate from the Principal / Head of the Institution stating that the candidate is in final year and all exams in respect of the candidate will be over by 01 January 2017, (for final year candidates).
- All certificates in original. Originals will be returned after verification at the Service Selection Board itself.
Any candidate who does not carry these entire documents for the SSB interview, his candidature will be cancelled.
The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for his reference. No need to send any hard copy to DG Recruiting.
Candidates must submit only one online application. Receipt of multiple applications from the same candidate will result in cancellation of candidature, and no representation will be entertained in this regard.
Indian Army 124th TGC Course Online Application will open on 9th May, 2016 at 10:00 hrs and will be closed on 27th June 2016 at 17:00 hrs.
Indian Army 124th TGC Course Selection Procedure 2016 :
The selection procedure for Indian Army 124th TGC Course 2016 is as follows :
- Short Listing of Indian Army 124th TGC Course Applications 2016 : Integrated HQ of MoD ( Army ) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks for each engineering stream / discipline without assigning any reason.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will be interviewed at Selection Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP) and Bangalore (Karnataka) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued by the respective Selection Centres, through candidate’s registered e-mail id and through SMS only. Candidates will not be interviewed locally. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of DG Rtg, IHQ MoD (Army) and no request for changes are entertained in this regard.
- Indian Army 124th TGC Course Interviews 2016 will be held in July / August 2016 onwards.
- Candidates will put through two stage Indian Army 124th TGC Course selection procedure 2016. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival and details of the same are available at official website of Rtg Dte www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after Stage II.
Indian Army 124th TGC Course Physical Standards 2016 :
- Height & Weight :The minimum acceptable height and weight for men is 157.5 cms with correlated weight. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height will be relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
- Visual Standards :Distance Vision ( Corrected ) : Better Eye – 6/6; Worse Eye – 6/18. Myopia should not be more than 3.5D and hypermetropia not more than 3.5D including Astigmation. Internal examination of the eye will be done my means of opthalmoscope to rule out any disease of the eye. A candidate must have good binocular vision. The colour vision standard will be CP – III. A candidate should be able to recognize red and green colours. Candidates who have undergone or have evidence for having undergone Radial Karatotomy to improve the visual acuity will be permanently rejected. In order to detect PRK / LASIK all the candidates at SMB will be subjected to the measurement of Axial length by A – Scan biometer. Candidates who have undergone LASER Surgery for correction of refractive error will be considered for commission in Army if they fulfill following criteria :
- Age more than 20 years.
- Uncomplicated stable LASIK / Excimer ( PRK ) laser procedure done for Myopia or Hypermetropia, with stable refraction for a period of six months after the procedure.
- A healthy retina.
- Corrected vision should be 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye, with maximum residual refraction of + 1.50 in any meridian for myopia or hypermetropia.
- Axial length within permissible limits.
- Permanent Body Tattoos : For detailed Tattoos Policy visit website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- To pass fit, a candidate must be in good physical and mental health free from any disability.
- Prospective candidates are advised to exercise and keep themselves physically fit, in order to avoid any injury due to the rigorous physical training at Indian Military Academy. In order to be able to adjust to the regime these candidates are advised to achieve following standards before joining the IMA, if finally selected :
(a) Running 2.4Km in 15 minutes
(b) Push ups – 13 Nos
(c) Sit ups – 25 Nos
(d) Chin ups – 6 Nos
(e) Rope climbing – 3-4 metres.
Indian Army 124th TGC Course Medical Examination 2016 :
A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board will undergo a Indian Army 124th TGC Course medical examination 2016 by a Board of Service Medical officers. Only those candidates will be admitted to the academy who are declared fit by the Medical board. The proceedings of the Medical Board are confidential and will not be divulged to anyone. However, candidates declared unfit by the Special Medical Board ( SMB ) will be intimated by the President of the Medical Board.
The procedure for request for Appeal Medical Board ( AMB ) will also be intimated to the candidates. Unfit candidates should report for AMB with a maximum period of 42 days. Candidates are advised to note that Recruiting Directorate has no role to play in Appeal Medical Boards and procedure advised by the medical authorities is to be strictly adhered to. Candidates declared unfit by AMB will be intimated by the President, AMB about procedure to challenge finding of AMB. Candidates will also be intimated that Review Medical Board ( RMB ) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merits of the case and that RMB is not a right.
Candidates will be considered medically fit only on receipt of the approved Medical documents from Directorate General Medical Services.
Note : Candidates are advised in their own interest to undergo a preliminary medical check up for wax in ears, DNS, defective colour vision, over weight / under weight, piles, tonsillitis and visicocle before reporting for the SSB interview.
Indian Army 124th TGC Course Merit List 2016 :
It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the ssb interview does not confirm final selection. Merit list will be prepared engineering stream/subject wise on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate at ssb interview. Higher educational qualifications, previous performances, NCC background, etc have no role to play. Those in the merit list and who come within the stipulated stream wise vacancies, and are medically fit are issued joining letters for precommissioning training at IMA.
Note : The merit list of the recommended candidates will be displayed at the reception of DG Rtg and official website i.e. www.joinindianarmy.nic.inby 1st Week of December 2016, after completion of all formalities related to the entry.
Change of Indian Army 124th TGC Course Interview Dates 2016 :
Request for change of Indian Army 124th TGC Course SSB Interview date / Centre will not be entertained. However, under most unavoidable circumstances, such change may be considered based on the circumstances of the case. This will be an exception rather the rule. Request for such change should be forwarded to Selection Centre from where the call-up letter for SSB interview has been received and not to Directorate General Recruiting. Contact details of selection centres are available on official website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
Entitlement for Travelling Allowance : Candidates appearing for SSB interview for the first time for a particular type of commission shall be entitled for AC-III Tier to and fro Railway fare or Bus fare including reservation cum sleeper charges within the Indian limit. Candidates who apply again for the same type of commission will not be entitled to travelling allowance on any subsequent occasion.
On joining the Army, some of personal restrictions in service will be imposed in accordance with Article 33 of the Constitution of India as promulgated in the Army Act and Army Rules from time to time.
Note 1 : Any ambiguity / false information / concealment of information detected in the certificates / documents will result in cancellation of the candidature at any stage of selection.
Note 2 : For all queries regarding allotment of centres, date of interview, merit list, joining instructions and any other relevant information please visit official website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in or contact Tele No. ( 011 ) 26173215 ( between 2 PM to 5 PM Monday to Friday ).
Directorate General of Recruiting, AG’s Branch, IHQ MoD ( Army ),
West Block – III,
New Delhi – 110 066.