5. Indian Army SSC Technical Course Selection 2016
Type of Commission :
- Grant of Commission : Selected candidates SSC(T) Men will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at OTA, whichever is later and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Short Service Commission on probation will be effective in normal course upto the date of completion of pre-commission training. Pay & allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
- Confirmation of Short Service Commission : On successful completion of pre commission training at OTA, will be confirmed Short Service Commission ( Technical ) in the rank of Lt.
- Ante Date Seniority : One year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted on confirmation of Short Service Commission (Technical) in the rank of Lt.
- On joining the Army, some of personal restrictions in service will be imposed in accordance with Article 33 of the Constitution of India as promulgated in the Army Act and Army Rules from time to time.
Indian Army Selection Procedure 2017 :
(a) Shortlisting of Applications and SSB Interviews : Indian Army Headquarters of MoD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks without assigning any reason.
(b) Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will be interveiwed at Selection Centres, namely Allahabad ( UP ), Bhopal ( MP ) and Bangalore ( Karnataka ) and Kapurthala ( Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued only through candidates registered e-mail id and through SMS. Candidates will not be interviewed locally. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of DG Rtg, Indian Army Headquarters MoD (Army) and no requests of changes are entertained in this regard.
Two Stage Selection Procedure : Two stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test is held at Selection Centres. All the candidates will face stage one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres. The candidates who qualify in stage one will be admitted to the second stage / remaining tests. Those who fail to pass stage one will be returned on the same date.
Indian Army SSC Merit List :
- It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the Indian Army SSB interview does not confirm final selection.
- Higher educational qualification, previous performances, NCC background etc have no role to play in the merit list.
- Those High in the merit list and who come within the stipulated vacancies, and are medically fit are issued joining letter for Pre-Commissioning Training.
Note : The merit list of the recommended candidates will be displayed at the reception of DG Recruiting and Indian Army Website i.e. www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Medical Examination for Indian Army SSC Technical Officer 2015 :
- A candidate recommended by the Service Selection Board will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers. Only those candidates will be admitted to the academy who are declared fit by the Medical board. The proceedings of the Medical Board are confidential and will not be divulged to anyone. However, candidates declared unfit by the Special Medical Board ( SMB ) will be intimated by the president of the Medical Board. The procedure for request for Appeal Medical Board ( AMB ) will also be intimated to the candidates. Unfit Candidates should report for AMB within a maximum period of 42 days. Candidates are advised to note that Recruiting Directorate has no role to play in Appeal Medical Boards and procedure advised by the medical authorities is strictly to be adhered to. Candidates declared unfit by AMB will be intimated by the President, AMB about procedure to challenge the finding of AMB. Candidates will also be intimated that Review Medical Board ( RMB ) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merits of the case and that RMB is not a matter of right. Candidates will be considered medically fit only on receipt of the approved Medical documents from Directorate General Medical Services.
Note : Candidates are advised in their own interest to undergo a preliminary medical check up for wax in ears, DNS, defective colour vision, over weight / under weight, piles, tonsilitis and visicocle before reporting for the SSB interview.
6. Indian Army SSC Training and Prospect 2016 :
Indian Army SSC Technical Training Duration of training is 49 weeks :
- Engineering Graduates will be granted Short Service Commission (on probation) and will be entitled to draw full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay and allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit upto the number of vacancies available in each subject, at the time of commencement of each course.
- Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of Indian Army SSC training nor he / she be allowed to live with parents / Guardians. A candidates who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his / her application, though successful, will not be selected for training.
- All candidates who successfully complete pre-commission training at Officers Training academy, Chennai will be awarded “Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies” by University of Madras.
- Cost of Training : The entire cost of training is at Government expense. In case the GC is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than Medical ground or the reasons not beyond his control, he will be liable to refund cost of training @ 8785/- per week for the period of his stay at Officers Training Academy.
- Army Group Insurance Fund : The Gentlemen Cadets / Lady Cadets of OTA when in receipt of stipend are insured for 60 lac wef 01st October, 2015. Those who get medically boarded out of Academy on account of disability, the disability cover provided for 100 percent disability will be 25 lac which is proportionately reduced upto 5 lac for 20 percent disability. However, for less than 20 percent disability, only an Ex-Gratia Grant of 50,000/- will be paid. Disability due to alcoholism, drug addiction and due to the diseases of pre enrolment origin will not qualify for disability benefit and Ex-Gratia Grant. In addition, Gentleman cadets withdrawn on disciplinary grounds, expelled as an undesirable or voluntarily leaving the Academy will also not be eligible for disability benefit and Ex-Gratia. Subscription at the rate of 5,000/- will have to be paid in advance on monthly basis by the Gentleman Cadets in receipt of stipend and will become members of the main Army Group Insurance Scheme as applicable to Regular Army Officers. The final allocation of Arms/Services will be made prior to passing out of gentleman cadets from OTA.
7. Suitability to Retain Short Service Commission : If an Officer is reported upon within a period of six months from the date of confirmation of Short Service Commission as unsuitable to retain his commission, his commission may be terminated at any time, whether before or after the above period.
8. Tenure of Engagement : Short Service Commission to Officers in the regular Army will be granted for 14 years i.e. for an initial period of 10 years extendable by a further period of 04 years. Male Officers who are willing to continue to serve in the Indian Army after the expiry of period of ten years in Short Service Commission may, if eligible and suitable in all respects, be considered for the grant of permanent commission in the 10th years of their Short Service Commission in accordance with the relevant rules. Those SSC officers who are not selected for grant of PC but are otherwise considered fit and suitable, will be given option to continue as SSCOs for a total period of 14 years ( including the initial tenure of 10 years ) on expiry of which they will be released from the Army.
The Indian Army Offers You
- Pay Scale for Indian Army SSC Technical Officer 2016 : The candidates will be given a stipend of 21,000/- p.m. ( 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of 5,400/- ). The stipend will be converted to pay for all purposes on successful completion of training and the allowances admissible will be paid. On completion of training and the allowances admissible will be paid. On completion of training they will be commissioned in the rank of Lt and entitled to pay as admissible to the rank. The promotion from Lieutenant to Lieutenant Colonel is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions. The pay scale and promotion criteria are as follows :
Rank Pay Bands / Scale Grade Pay MSP Remarks Lieutenant PB-3/15600-39100 5400 6000 On commission Captain PB-3/15600-39100 6100 6000 On completion of 2 yrs Major PB-3/15600-39100 6600 6000 On completion of 6 yrs Lt Colonel PB-4/37400-67000 8000 6000 On completion of 13 yrs Colonel PB-4/37400-67000 8700 6000 On selection basis subject to fulfilment of requisite service conditions. Brigadier PB-4/37400-67000 8900 6000 Major General PB-4/37400-67000 10000 Nil Lt General / HAG Scale 67000 - ( annual increment @ 3% ) - 79000 Nil Nil HAG + Scale *
*Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt Gens
75500 - ( annual increment @ 3% ) - 80000 Nil Nil VCOAS / Army Cdr / Lt Gen ( NFSG ) 80000 ( fixed ) Nil Nil COAS 90000 ( fixed ) Nil Nil
- Indian Army Allowances as Applicable – The rates of allowances applicable to officer are as under :
Allowances To Whom Applicable Rates Hard Area Allowance Officers Posted in Hard Area 6750/- PM ( 25% of Basic Pay ) High Altitude Officers Posted in High Attitude 11200/- PM Uncongeniel Climate Siachen Uncongeniel Climate Officers Posted in Siachen 14000/- PM Highly active Field Area Allowance Officer Posted at Highly Active Field Area 6780/-PM Field Area Allowance Officer Posted at Field Area 4200/-PM Modified Field Area Allowance Officer Posted at Modified Field Area 1600/-PM Flying Pay Officers Posted as Army Aviators 9000/- PM Parachute Pay Officers Posted in Active Parachute BNs / Regt 1200/- PM Special Forces Allowance Officers posted in Special Forces 9000/- PM Transport Allowance All Officers 3200/- + DA PM in A1/A cities and 1600 + DA PM at other places. House Rent Allowance To officers not provided Govt. Accommodation 10 - 30% of Basic Pay ( Pay Band + Grade Pay + MSP ) Kit Maint Allowance All officers 400/- PM Uniform Allowance ( Outfit Allowance ) All officers Initial 14000/- and 3000/- every Three Years. Qualification Pay / Grant for Service Courses All officers undergoing specified courses 6000 to 20000/- Instructional Allowance All Officers Posted as Instructors 1800/-
Note : In the case of allowances specific to Defence Forces, the rates of these allowance have been further enhanced by 50% as Dearness allowance has gone up by 100%.
10. Cost to Company ( CTC ) : The CTC for a Lieutenant would be approximately 70,000/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Tech Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
11. Privileges : In addition to the CTC, Indian Army provides free Medical facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports facilities, Furnished Government Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidized rate.
12. Group Insurance and Gratuity : The Gentleman cadets of OTA in receipt of stipend are insured for 60 lac. Those who get medically boarded out of Academy on account of disability, the disability cover provided for 100% disability will be 25 lac which is proportionately reduced upto 4 lac for 20% disability. However, for less than 20% disability, only an ex gratia grant of 50,000/- will be paid. Disability due to alcohalism, drug addiction and due to the diseases of pre enrolment origin will not qualify for disability benefits and ex gratia grant.
In addition, Gentleman cadet withdrawn on disciplinary ground, expelled as an undesirable or voluntarily leaving the Academy will also not be eligible for disability benefits and ex gratia. Subscription at the rate of 5,000/- will have to be paid in advance on monthly basis by the Gentleman cadets in receipt of stipend and will become members of the main Army Group Insurance Scheme as applicable to regular Army Officers. Gratuity will be granted to the officers as per the latest rules in force.
13. Indian Army Leave Entitlements : On commission, officers are entitles to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year ( subject to service exigencies ). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel ( as per extant rules ) for self and family. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
14. Sports & Adventure : The Indian Army provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as River Rafting, Mountaineering, Hot air ballooning, Hand gliding, Horse Riding etc.
15. Physical Fitness : In OTA curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on Physical Fitness. You are therefore, advised to remain fit through physical exercises, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet training goals successfully.
16. Stipend / Pay During Training : During the period of training the candidates will be given stipened of 21000/- per month ( 15600/- as pay in Pay Band + Grade Pay 5400/- ). On completion of training officers are commissioned as Lt and entitled to the pay scale as given in para 10 above.
17. Reserve Liability : SSC Officer’s on release before or on expiry of contractual length of service will carry reserve liability to serve Army for five years plus two years on voluntary basis or upto the age of 37 years for women and 40 years for men whichever is earlier.