UPSC Exam Question Bank CDs More Details…
Indian Army 47th Short Service Commission ( Technical ) Men and 18th Short Service Commission ( Technical ) Women Course ( Oct – 2016 ) ( Including Widows of Defence Personnel for Non-Tech Entry ).
Registration for Online application for Indian Army SSC Technical Course 2016 will open on 09 December 2015 at 10.00 hrs. and will be closed on 08 January 2016 at 17.00 hrs.. ( www.joinindianarmy.nic.in )
1. Indian Army invites applications from Married / Unmarried Male and Unmarried Female Engineering Graduate and also from widows of Defence Personnel for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army in all Arms / Services. Course commencing in Oct 2016 at Officers Training Academy ( OTA ), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
2. Indian Army SSC Technical Entry Eligibility 2016 :
- Nationality : A candidate must either be :
- a citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. Or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawai, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidate who are Gorkha subject of Nepal.
- Indian Army SSC Technical Officer Educational Qualification 2016 : Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree or are studying in the final year examination of Engineering course, are eligible to apply. The candidates appearing in the final year examination of Degree Course should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA. Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at OTA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
- Age Limit for Indian Army SSC Technical Officer 2016 :
- For SSC ( Tech ) – 47 Men and SSC ( Tech ) – 18 Women : 20 to 27 years as on 01 Oct 2016. ( Candidates born between 02 Oct 89 and 01 Oct 96 ( both dates inclusive ).
- For Widows of Defence Personnel with four years age relaxation.
- For SSC W ( Non-Tech ) : 19 to 29 years. Born not earlier than 02 Jul 87 and not later than 01 Jul 97. ( Both dates inclusive ).
Note 1 : The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate.
Note 2 : No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
3. Discipline wise Indian Army SSC Technical Officers Vacancies 2016 are as given below :
- For 47th SSC ( T ) Men Vacancy ( 100 )
Total 100 Engineering Streams Equivalent Stream ( AICTE Appd ) Vacancies SSC ( T ) - Men Civil Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering ( Structural Engineering ), Structural Engineering. 25 Mechanical Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical ( Mechatronics ) Engineering, Mechanical & Automation Engineering. 15 Electrical / Electrical & Electronics Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering ( Electronics & Power ), Power System Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering 15 Automobile / Workshop Technology Automobile Engineering 02 Aeronautical / Aviation / Aerospace / Ballistics / Avionics Aeronautical Engineering 02 Computer Science & Engineering / Computer Tech / Information Technology / M.Sc ( Computer Science ) Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Science & Engineering 10 Electronics & Telecommunication / Telecommunication / Electronics & Communication / Satellite Communication. Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics & Electrical Communication Engineering 15 Electronics / Opto Electronics / Fibre Optics / Micro Electronics & Microwave Power Electronics & Drives 07 Electronics & Instrumentation / Instrumentation Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Control Engineering, Instrumentation Technology 04 Food Technology / Bio Technology Bio Technology 03 Bio Medical Engineering Medical Electronics 02
- For 18th SSC – Vacancy – 10.
Engineering Steams Vacancies SSC ( T ) - 18 ( Women ) Total 10 Civil 04 Mechanical 02 Electrical 02 Telecommunication 02
- For Widows of Defence Personnel – Vacancies – 01.
Entry Qualification Vacancy Remarks SSC W ( Non Tech ) - 18 Graduate in any discipline 01 Non UPSC Entry SSC W ( Tech ) - 18 B.E / B.Tech in any stream Nil Non UPSC Entry
Note 1 : These vacancies are tentative and may be changed depending on availability of training slots.
Note 2 : In case the engineering stream of the candidate is not listed above and candidates desire to claim equivalence, they may produce equivalence certificate of the concerned universities for the purpose. Recruiting Directorate will examine the case for acceptance based on the certificate issued by the concerned university for equivalence.
Note 3 : For SSC ( T ) – 18 Women only – No equivalence of Engineering stream will be accepted.
Important Note for Indian Army SSC Technical Course 2016 :
Note 1 : A candidates is permitted to apply for one entry / discipline of the above course. Change of entry / qualification choice will not be entertained.
Note 2 : Widows of defence personnel including those with children who have died in harness will be eligible to apply for SSC W ( Tech ) and SSC W ( Non Tech ). They will be eligible only if they have not remarried. The unfilled vacancies will revert to the category other than that of widows. Upper age limit will be relaxable upto four years in respect of such candidates. The following documents are to be attached with the application.
- Initial Report of Battle Casualty.
- Detailed report of Battle Casualty.
- Battle Casualty certificate.
- Part II order of demise of husband.
- Part II order of NOK.
The envelope containing the application should be superscribed in Red ink indicating clearly the name of the officer with rank. For example, Widow of late ____. Candidates will apply offline directly to Integrated HQ of Ministry of Defence ( Army ), AG’s Branch, DG Recruiting / Rtg-A ( WE ) Section, West Block – III, R.K.Puram, New Delhi – 110 066 in the application format given in Army website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in provided they possess the laid down educational qualification and selection criteria. The last date of receipt of application is 10 Feb 2016. Application received after last date will not be entertained.
4. Physical Standards for Indian Army SSC Technical Officer 2016 :
- Height & Weight : The minimum acceptable height and weight for men is 157.5 cms with correlated weight and for women candidate is 152 cm and 42 kg. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height will be relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
- Visual Standards : The minimum acceptable visual acuity are : Distant vision ( corrected ) better eye 6/6, worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 3.5 including Astigmation. Candidates who have undergone or have evidence for having undergone Radial Karatotomy to improve the visual acuity will be permanently rejected. Candidates who have undergone Lasik Surgery for Correction of reflective error are not acceptable.
- Permanent Body Tattoos : Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm i.e, from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoos mark on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
- To be passed fit, a candidate must be in good physical and mental health free from any disability likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duty.
- Prospective candidates are advised to exercise and keep themselves physically fit, in order to avoid any injury due to the rigorous physical training at OTA Chennai. In order to be able to adjust to the regime the candidates are advised to achieve following standards before joining the OTA, if finally selected :
- Running 2.4 Km in 15 minutes.
- Push up – 13 Nos.
- Sit ups – 25 Nos.
- Chin ups – 6 Nos.
- Rope climbing – 3 – 4 meter.