UPSC Exam Question Bank CDs More Details…
Indian Army 43rd Short Service Commission ( Technical ) Men and 14th Short Service Commission ( Technical ) Women Course ( Oct – 2014 ) Officers Training Academy, Chennai ( Including Widows of Defence Personnel for Tech and Non-Tech Entry ).
Registration for Online application for Indian Army SSC Technical Course 2014 will open on 03 Feb 2014 and will be closed on 03 Mar 2014. ( www.joinindianarmy.nic.in )
1. Indian Army invites applications from Married / Unmarried male and Unmarried female, as also from widows of Defence Personnel for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army. Minimum educational qualifications, vacancies and age are as given below :
(a) Minimum Education Qualification and Streamwise Vacancies in Indian Army 2014
- For 43rd SSC (T) Men Vacancies – 100 and for 14th SSCW (T) Women Vacancies – 19
Total 100 19 Qualification Vacancies SSC (T) - 43 Men SSC (T) - 14 Women B.E / B.Tech Civil ( including Building Construction Technology ) 20 01 B. Architecture 02 01 B.E / B.Tech Mechanical 15 02 B.E/B.Tech Production ( Including Manufacturing & Industrial Engg & Mgt ) 03 01 B.E / B.Tech Automobile Engg ( including Workshop Technology ) 02 01 B.E / B.Tech Aeronautical / Aerospace / Avionics 02 01 B.E / B. Tech Metallurgical / Metallurgy & Explosives 01 01 B.E / B.Tech Electrical / Electrical & Electronics ) 15 02 B.E / B.Tech Electronics ( including Electronics & Instrumentation / Micro Electronics & Microwave ) 12 02 B.E / B.Tech Electronics & Communication / Electronics & Telecommunication / Telecommunication / Satellite Communication 15 03 B.E / B.Tech Biotech / Food Tech 03 02 B.E / B.Tech Info Tech / Computer Sc & Engg / Computer Technology / M.Sc ( Computer ) 10 02
Note : No Deviation from above qualifications is acceptable. Claims of course contents / Similar stream will not be accepted. These vacancies in Indian Army SSC Technical Course Oct 2014 are tentative and may be changed depending on availability of training slots.
- For Widows of Defence Personnel – Vacancies – 02.
Entry Qualification Vacancy Remarks SSC W ( Non Tech ) Graduate in any discipline 01 Non UPSC Entry SSC W ( Tech ) B.E / B.Tech in any stream 01 SSCW (T) - 14 Course
(b) Age Limit for Indian Army SSC Technical Course Oct 2014 :
- For SSC ( Tech ) – 43 Men – 20 to 27 years. Born not earlier than 02 Oct 87 and not later than 01 Oct 94.
- SSC ( Tech ) – 14 Women – 20 to 27 years. Born not earlier than 02 Oct 87 and not later than 01 Oct 94.
- For Widows of Defence Personnel with four years age relaxation.
- For SSCW ( Non-Tech ) – 19 to 29 years. Born not earlier than 02 Jul 85 and not later than 01 Jul 95.
- For SSCW ( Tech ) – 20 to 31 years. Born not earlier than 02 Oct 83 and not later than 01 Oct 94.
Important Note for Indian Army SSC Technical Course 2014 : A candidate is permitted to apply only for one entry / discipline of above course. Change of entry / qualification choice will not be entertained. Candidates are advised to submit only one Indian Army SSC 2014 application. Forwarding of double application will result in outright rejection of application and the candidature of such candidates will be cancelled.
- Widows of Defence Personnel, including those with children who have died in harness, will be eligible to apply for Short Service Commission Women ( Tech ) and Short Service Commission Women ( Non Tech ). They will be eligible only if they have not remarried. The unfilled vacancies in Indian Army SSC will revert to the category other than that of widows. Upper age limit for Indian Army SSC Course will be relaxable upto four years in respect of such candidates. The following documents are to be attached with the application.
- Initial Report of Battle Casualty,
- Detailed report of Battle Casualty,
- Battle Casualty certificate
- Part II Order of demise husband
- Part II order of NOK.
The envelope containing the application for Indian Army should be superscribed in Red ink indicating clearly the name of the officer with rank. For example, Widow of late ….., Candidates will apply Indian Army SSC Technical Course Oct 2014 Offline directly to Integrated HQ of Min of Defence ( Army ), AG’s Branch, DG Rtg / Rtg – 6 ( WE ) section, West Block – III, RK Puram, New Delhi – 110 066 in the application format given in army website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in provided they possess the laid down educational qualification and selection criteria. The last date of receipt of application is 31 Mar 2014. Indian Army SSC 2014 Applications receipt after last date will not be entertained.
- Indian Army SSC Technical Course 2014 Educational Qualification : For Engineers ( Men and Women ). Candidates studying in the Final Year of Engineering Degree and who are qualified graduates of the Degree Course in Engineering will be eligible to apply. The qualified graduates of the Degree course must possess Engineering Degree at the time of joining training. The candidates studying in the final year of Degree Course, if not already in possession of the Degree Certificate should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA. Such candidates will be inducted for training at OTA on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
Important Note for Indian Army SSC Technical Course 2014 : Candidates must note that the minimum educational qualification for induction into SSC ( Tech ) – 43 course and SSCW ( Tech ) – 14 course is B.E / B.Tech degree in the engineering stream notified in Para (1)(a) above. Therefore, to become eligible for induction into SSC ( Tech ) – 43 Men course and SSCW ( Tech ) – 14 Women course, candidates studying in final year of engineering must complete all the formalities including viva voce etc for award of qualifying B.E / B.Tech degree before commencement of course, failing which their candidature is liable to be cancelled.
2. Conditions of Eligibility in Indian Army SSC Course 2014
- Nationality : A candidate must either be :
- a citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- Tibetan origin but of Indian domicile, whose parents entered India as refugees prior to 1st January 1962 with intention of permanently settling in India.
- a person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and East Af rican countries like Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambi, Malawai, Zaire, Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidate who are Gorkhas subject of Nepal.
- Candidates withdrawn from IMA / OTA / Naval Academy / Air Force Academy on disciplinary ground are not eligible to apply.
- Physical Standards for Indian Army SSC Course 2014 :
- Height & Weight : The minimum acceptable height and weight for men is 157.5 cms with correlated weight and for women candidate is 152 cm and 42 kg. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height will be relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2cms.
- Visual Standards : The minimum acceptable visual acuity are : Distant vision ( corrected ) better eye 6/6, worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 3.5 including Astigmation. Candidates who have undergone or have evidence for having undergone Radial Karatotomy to improve the visual acuity will be permanently rejected. Candidates who have undergone Lasik Surgery for Correction of reflective error are not acceptable.
- Permanent Body Tatoos : Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm i.e, from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoos mark on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
- To be passed fit, a candidate must be in good physical and mental health free from any disability likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duty.
- Prospective candidates are advised to excercise and keep themselves physically fit, in order to avoid any injury due to the rigorous physical training at OTA Chennai. In order to be able to adjust to the regime the candidates are advised to achieve following standards before joining the OTA, if finally selected :
- Running 2.4 Km in 15 minutes.
- Push up – 13 Nos.
- Sit ups – 25 Nos.
- Chin ups – 6 Nos.
- Rope climbing – 3-4 meter.