Indian Army SSC Special Entry Scheme 25th Course April-2009
Your NCC ‘C Certificate Could Be The Beginning of a Glorious Career NCC Special Entry Scheme 25th Course-April 2009 Short Service Commission (NT) For Male & Female (OTA, Chennai).
The Indian Army is looking for a few good men and women. For the best and the brightest amongst them. Men/Women with intellect, idealism and courage. Men/Women who can lead and inspire others. Think about it, it’s a challenge that’ll change your life forever. And that’s a soldier’s word. Applications are invited from Unmarried/Married male and female candidates for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army.
- Vacancies: 50 for men (10% Reserved for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army only) and 04 for Women.
- Conditions of Eligibility:
A candidate must either be :
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma. Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya. Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, zambia. Malawi. Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii). (iii). (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- Age Limit: 19 to 25 years (not born earlier than 02 January 84 and not later than 01 January 90).
- The criteria of NCC ‘C Certificate holders to appear directly for SSB for Short Service Course (Non Technical) at Officers Training Academy, Chennai:
- Educational Qualification: Degree of a recognised University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years.
- Service in NCC : Should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division / Wing of N.C.C (iii) Grading: Should have obtained minimum of B’ Grade in ‘C Certificate Exam of NCC .
- For Wards of Battle Casualties NCC ‘C’ certificate as well as service in NCC not required.
- Applicants under category of Wards of Battle Casualties send their applications direct to Addl. Dte Gen of Recruiting, Recruiting NCC Entry, West Block-Ill, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066. In such case candidates are required to attach following documents with the application.
- A letter to the effect that the parent has been killed / wounded / reported missing in action issued by MP / Dte / Respective Regimental Records and a copy of Part If Order notifying injuries and being classified as Battle Casualties in case of Serving / Medically boarded out pers.
- Last date for receipt of application at Rtg Dte 10 August 08 for Wards of Battle Casualties.
- The vacancies under Wards of Battle Casualties are available to Wards (sons and daughters including legally adopted) and specified as under:-(!) Killed in action, (ii) Died of wound or injuries (other than self-inflicted) (iii) Wounded or injured (other than self inflicted), (iv) Missing.
- Other terms and conditions are same as NCC spl. Entry._________
- Indian Army Method of Selection:
- All applications as per format given are to be forwarded to Rtg Directorate (NCC Entry) through HQ DG NCC The NCC Units/ Gp HQs will forward the applications to State Directorates who in turn will forward the same to HQ DG NCC.
- Thorough screening / Shortlisting of applications based on qualifications of the candidates will be carried out by the NCC Directorates and HQ DG NCC.
- Candidates not in receipt of call letter from any of the Selection Centres for SSB interview should presume that either their applications have been received after due date or have been found ineligible or rejected during short- listing. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Candidates after shortlisting will be detailed for SSB interview by Additional Directorate General of Recruiting. The decision of Headquarter DG NCC and Addl. Dte Gen Rtg in Army HQ. in the matter of Shortlisting and forwarding of applications to SSBs will be final.
- On arrival at the Selection Centre the candidates will be administered stage-l of the two stage testing procedure. Candidates failing in stage-l will be Sent back on the same day and those who qualify will be detained to undergo Group Tests. Psychological Tests and Interview which will extend for a duration of 5 days.
- Candidates recommended by SSBs will be required to go through Medical Exam. Candidates who are found medically fit will be placed in order of merit as per the marks obtained in SSB interview amongst the recommended candidates Boarding and lodging during interviews at SSBs are free. Recommendation by SSB confers no right of admission to the Officers Training Academy. The final selection will be made as per the order of merit subject to medical fitness and suitability in all other respects and number of vacancies available.
- Indian Army Medical Examination: Candidates recommended by the Service Selection Board will undergp medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers. Candidates recommended by Service Selection Board will undergo medical examination by a medical board of male/female doctors/ Specialists/ Gynaeocologist. However, there will be a Lady Medical Officer as member the Medical Board for female candidates. Only those candidates will be admitted to the Academy who are declared fit by the Special Medical Beard.
However, the candidates declared unfit will be intimated by the President of the Special Medical Board and procedure for request for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) will also be intimated to the candidates. Candidates who are unfit may apply for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) to be completed within 42 days of SMB and may request for Review Medical Board (RMB) within 1 day of completion of Appeal Medical Board. Candidates for AMB shall automatically report to the hospital opted by them on any working day. keeping in view the time taken by postal authorities to deliver their Medical documents at the Hospital for medical examination. No call shall be given by the opted hospital and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
Candidates are advised in their own interest to appear for AMB well in time and should not wait for the last date given by the SMB. Candidates are advised to note that Recruiting Directorate has no role to play in Appeal Medical Boards; the procedure advised by medical authorities is strictly to be adhered to. The candidates will also be intimated that Review Medical Board (RMB) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merits of the case and that RMB is not .a matter of right. Candidates will only be considered medically fit on receipt of the approved medical board proceedings from Directorate General, Medical Services, in Addl Dte Gen Rtq.
- In their own interest the candidates are advised to undergo a preliminary medical checkup for wax in ears, refractory error of eyes and fungal infection of skin before reporting for the SSB interview.
- Entitlement For Travelling Allowance: Candidates appearing for SSB interviews for the first time for the same entry shall be entitled for second class Sleeper to and fro railway fare or bus fare including reservation-Cum-Sleeper Charges within the Indian Limits.