UPSC Exam Question Bank CDs More Details…
Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme 40th Course – Oct 2016 Short Service Commission ( NT ) for Men & Women ( Including Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel ).
1. The Indian Army Applications 2016 are invited from Married / Unmarried Male and Unmarried Female candidates and also from Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel, for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army under NCC Special Entry Scheme 40th Course – Oct 2016.
2. Vacancies in Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme 2016 :
- NCC Men 50 ( 45 for Gen Category and 05 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Indian Army Personnel only ).
- NCC Women 04 ( 10% vacancies of Women are reserved for Wards of Battle Causality of Indian Army personnel only ).
3. Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme Eligibility Conditions 2016 :
- Nationality :
A candidate must either be :
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary ground from NDA, IMA, OTA or any other Service Training Academy are not eligible to apply.
- Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme Age Limit 2016 : For NCC candidates ( including wards of Battle Casualties ) 19 to 25 years as on 01 Jul 2016 ( born not earlier than 02 Jul 91 and not later than 01 Jul 97 ).
Note : The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate. No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
4. Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme Educational Qualification and Other Criteria
- For NCC ‘C’ Certificate Holders in Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme 2016
- Educational Qualification for Indian Army NCC ‘C’ Certificate Holders 2016 :
(aa) Degree of a recognised University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years / semesters.
(ab) Those studying in final year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two / three years. Such students will need to secure overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks if selected in Indian Army interview failing which their candidature will be cancelled. The candidates studying in the final year of graduation should complete their examinations related to the degree, like, written, practicals, viva-voce, projects backlogs etc prior to 01 Oct 2016. They should be able to produce the degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of Indian Army training as OTA, Chennai. Such candidates will be inducted for training at OTA, Chennai on additional bond basis for recovery of the cost of training as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay and allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
(ac) Candidate should attach self attested photocopies of the certificate of 10th class for proof of age, 12th class certificate and Mark sheet, Degree with all years / semesters marks sheets and NCC ‘C’ Certificate. Candidate should also attach certificate with their applications regarding CGPA converted to aggregate percentage of marks as per university rules from their institutes.
- Service in NCC : Should have served for minimum two academic years in the senior Division / Wing of N.C.C.
- Grading : Should have obtained minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.
- Educational Qualification for Indian Army NCC ‘C’ Certificate Holders 2016 :
- For Ward of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel Only
i. Educational Qualification for Ward of Battle Casualties : Degree of a recognised University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years / semesters.
ii. Applicants under category of Wards of Battle Casualties to send their applications direct to the following address :
Directorate General of Recruiting / Rtg-A,
NCC Entry, AG’s Branch,
IHQ of MoD ( Army ),
West Block – III,
New Delhi – 110 066.
iii. Eligibility for wards of battle casualties and also document to be attached alongwith the Indian Army application form 2016 are as under.
- A letter to the effect that the parent has been killed / wounded / reported missing in action issued by MP Dte / Respective Regimental Records and a copy of Part II Order notifying injuries and being classified as battle casualties in case of serving / medically boarded out pers.
- The vacancies under wards of battle casualties are available towards ( sons and daughters including legally adopted ) of battle casualties specified as :
Killed in action / Died of wound or injuries ( Other than self-inflicted ) / Wounded or Injured ( Other than self-inflicted ) / Missing.
- NCC ‘C’ certificate not required.
- Relationship Certificate issued by Records / MP Dte.
- Last Date of Receipt of Application in Rtg Dte for Wards of battle casualties is 08 Feb 2016.
5. Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme 2016 Physical Standard :
- Height and Weight : The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms with co-related weight and for women candidate is 152 cms and 42 Kg. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and Hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height will relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
- Visual Standards in Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme 2016 :
- The minimum acceptable visual acuity are : Distant Vision ( corrected ) better eye 6/6, worse eye 6/18, myopia of not more than minus 3.50 for men and 5.50 for women including astigmatism.
- Candidates who have undergone or have the evidence of having undergone Radial Keratotomy to improve the visual acuity, will be permanently rejected. Candidates aged 20 years or above who have undergone Laser Surgery for correction of refractive error will be considered for commission in Army. If they fulfill following criteria :
- Uncomplicated stable LASIK / Excimer ( PRK ) laser procedure done for Myopia or Hypermetropia, with stable refraction for a period of six months after the procedure.
- A healthy retina.
- Corrected vision should be 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye, with maximum residual refraction of : ± 1.50 in any meridian for myopia or hypermetropia.
- Axial length within permissible limits.
- Permanent Body Tattoos : Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm, i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoos mark on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
Physical Fitness Standards at OTA 2016 : Prospective candidates are advised to exercise and keep themselves physically fit, in order to avoid any injury due to the rigorous physical training at Officers Training Academy. In order to be able to adjust to the regime there, candidates are advised to achieve following standard before joining the OTA, if finally selected : (a) Running 2.4 km in 15 minutes, (b) Push Ups – 13 Nos (d) Sit Ups – 25 Nos. (e) Chin Ups 6 Nos. (e) Rope Climbing 3 – 4 Meters.