Indian Army 19th SSC Women Course April 2017 – Indian Army SSC Technical Course Application
Join Indian Army 19th Short Service Commission ( Tech ) Women Course ( Apr – 2017 ) ( including Widows of Defence Personnel for Non-Tech Entry ).
Applications are invited from unmarried Female Engineering Graduates and also from widows of Defence Personnel for Grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army in all Arms / Services.
Course commencing in April 2017 at Officers Training Academy ( OTA ), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Indian Army SSC Women Course Eligibility 2016
(a) Nationality : A candidate must either be :
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
(b) Age Limit for Indian Army SSC Women Course 2016 :
- SSC ( Tech ) – 19 Women : 20 to 27 years as on 01st April, 2017 at the time of commencement of course. Born not earlier than 02nd April 1990 and not later than 01st April 1997 ( both dates inclusive ).
- For widows of Defence Personnel with four years age relaxation – SSC W ( Non Tech ) :19 to 29 years. Born not earlier than 02nd January 1988 and not later than 01st January 1998 ( Both dates inclusive ).Note – 1 :The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate.Note – 2 : No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- Indian Army SSC Women Course Educational Qualification 2016 :Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree or are studying in the final year examination of Engineering course are eligible to apply. The candidates studying in the final year examination of Degree Course should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA. Such candidates will be inducted for on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at OTA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite Degree Certificate within the specified time.Important Note : Candidates must note that the minimum educational qualification for induction into SSC(T) – 19 Women is BE / B.Tech degree in the Engineering stream. Therefore, to become eligible for induction into SSC(T) – 19 Women course, candidates studying in final year of engineering must complete all the formalities including practicals, projects, backlogs, viva voce etc for award of qualifying BE / B.Tech degree before 01st April, 2017 failing which their candidature is liable to be cancelled.
Indian Army 19th SSC Women Technical Vacancies 2016
Discipline wise Vacancies :
|Engineering Streams||Equivalent Stream (AICTE Appd)||Vacancy SSC ( T ) - 17 Women|
|Civil||Civil Engg, Civil Engg (Structural Engg), Structural Engg||06|
|Mechanical||Mechanical Engg, Mechanical (Mechatronics) Engg,|
Mechanical & Automation Engg
|Electrical / Electrical & Electronics||Electrical Engg, Electrical Engg (Electronics & Power),|
Power System Engg, Electrical & Electronics Engg
Telecommunication/Telecommunication/Electronics & Communication/Satellite
|For Widows of Defence Personnel - Vacancy - 01|
|SSCW ( Non Tech - 19 )||Graduation in any discipline||01||Non UPSC Entry|
Note 1 : These vacancies are tentative and may be changed depending on availability of training slots.
Note 2 : In case the engineering stream of the candidate is not listed above and candidates desire to claim equivalence, they may produce equivalence certificate of the concerned universities for the purpose. Recruiting Directorate will examine the case for acceptance based on the certificate issued by the concerned university for equivalence.
Important Note 1 : A candidates is permitted to apply for one entry / discipline of the above course. Change of entry / qualification choice will not be entertained.
Important Note 2 : Widows of Defence Personnel including those with children who had died in harness will be eligible to apply for SSCW(T) and SSCW(Non Tech). They will be eligible only if they have not remarried. The unfilled vacancy will revert to the category other than that of widows. Upper age limit will be relaxable upto four years in respect of such candidates. The documents are to be attached with the application.
- Initial Report of Battle Casualty.
- Detailed report of Battle Casualty.
- Battle Casualty certificate.
- Part – II Order of demise of husband.
- Part – II Order of NOK. The envelope containing the application should be superscribed Red ink including clearly the name of the officer with rank. For example, Widow of late _________. Candidates will apply offline directly to Rtg-A(WE) section.Integrated HQ of Ministry of Defence ( Army ),
AG’s Branch, DG Recruiting/Rtg-A(WE) section,
West Block – III, R.K.Puram,
New Delhi – 110 066.In the application format given in Army website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in provided they possess the laid down educational qualification and selection criteria. The last date of receipt at Rtg Dte of application is 31st August, 2016. Application received after last date will not be entertained.
Type of Commission :
- Grant of Commission : Selected candidates of SSC(T) Women will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at OTA, whichever is later and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay & allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
- Confirmation of Short Service Commission : On successful completion of pre commission training at OTA, officers will be confirmed Short Service Commission ( Technical ) in the Lt.
- Ante Date Seniority : One year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted on confirmation of Short Service Commission (Technical) in the rank of Lt.
Training and Prospects :
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit, engineering stream-wise upto the number of vacancies available at the time.
- Duration of training is 49 weeks.
- Engineering Graduates will be granted Short Service Commission ( on probation ) and will be entitled to draw full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay and allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
- Candidates neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor he / she be allowed to live with parents / Guardians. Candidate must not marry until they complete the full training at the Officers’ Training Academy. A candidate if he / she marries while under training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government. It is also applicable to widows of Defence Personnel. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his / her application, though successful at the Service Selection Board interview or medical examination, will not be inducted for training.
- Training at OTA is at Govt. expense. All candidates who successfully complete Pre-Commission training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai will be awarded “Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies” by University of Madras.
- SSC ( Tech ) Engineering Graduate will be confirmed in Short Service Commission with an ante date seniority of one year from date of commission.
- Widows of Defence Personnel selected for SSC ( NT ) entry will be granted Short Service Commission in the rank of Lt but will not be entitled to any ante date seniority.
- Ante Date Seniority : One year ante date seniority from date of commission will be applicable for Men and Women Officers having Engineering Degree ( BE / B.Tech ) from a recognized institution / university.
- The final allocation of Arms / Services will be made prior to passing out of Lady / Gentlemen Cadets from OTA and will be the sole discretion of Integrated HQ. Min of Defence ( Army ) keeping in view the existing policy. No representation is tenable on this account.
- Suitability to Retain Short Service Commission : If an officer is reported upon within a period of six months from the date of confirmation of Short Service Commission as unsuitable to retain his commission, his commission may be terminated at any time, whether before or after the above period.
- Liability of Service : Officers may be granted Short Service Commission in any arms / services and will be liable for service in any part of the world on selected appointments as decided by Army Headquarters from time to time.
- Tenure of Engagement : Short Service Commission to Officers ( Female ) in the regular Army will be granted for 14 years i.e. for an initial period of 10 years extendable by a further period of 04 years. SSC ( Tech ) Women Officers are not eligible for permanent commission. However, they can opt for extension of up to 14 years of service.
- Cost of Training : The entire cost of training is at Government expense. In case the GC is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than Medical ground or the reasons not beyond his control, she will be liable to refund cost of training @ 8785/- per week for the period of his stay at Officers Training Academy.
- Army Group Insurance and Gratuity : The Lady Cadets of OTA when in receipt of stipend are insured for 60 lac wef 01st October, 2015. Those who get medically boarded out of Academy on account of disability, the disability cover provided for 100 percent disability will be 25 lac which is proportionately reduced upto 5 lac for 20 percent disability. However, for less than 20 percent disability, only an Ex-Gratia Grant of 50,000/- will be paid. Disability due to alcoholism, drug addiction and due to the diseases of pre enrolment origin will not qualify for disability benefit and Ex-Gratia Grant. In addition, Lady Cadets withdrawn on disciplinary grounds, expelled as an undesirable or voluntarily leaves the Academy will also not be eligible for disability benefit and Ex-Gratia Grant. Subscription at the rate of 5,000/- will have to be paid in advance on monthly basis by the Lady Cadets who are in receipt of stipend and will become members of the main Army Group Insurance Scheme as applicable to Regular Army Officers.
Indian Army SSC Women Course Pay and Allowances 2016 : The candidates will be given a stipend of 21,000/- p.m. ( 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of 5,400/- ). The stipend will be converted to pay for all purposes on successful completion of training and the allowances admissible will be paid. On completion of training they will be commissioned in the rank of Lt and entitled to pay as admissible to the rank. The promotion from Lieutenant to Lieutenant Colonel is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions.
a. The Pay Scale and Promotion Criteria :
|Rank||Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP||Remarks|
|Lieutenant||PB - 3 / 15,600 - 39,100||5,400||6,000||On Commission|
|Captain||PB - 3 / 15,600 - 39,100||6,100||6,000||On Completion of 2 years|
|Major||PB - 3 / 15,600 - 39,100||6,600||6,000||On Completion of 6 years|
|Lt Colonel||PB - 4 / 37,400 - 67,000||8,000||6,000||On Completion of 13 years|
|Colonel||PB - 4 / 37,400 - 67,000||8,700||6,000||On selection basis subject to fulfillment requisite service conditions|
|Brigadier||PB - 4 / 37,400 - 67,000||8,900||6,000|
|Major General||PB - 4 / 37,400 - 67,000||10,000||Nil|
|Lt General / HAG Scale||67,000 - ( annual increment @|
3% ) - 79,000.
|HAG + Scale*|
* Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt Gens )
|75,500 - ( annual increment @ 3% ) - 80,000||Nil||Nil|
|VCOAS / Army Cdr / Lt General ( NFSG )||80,000 ( fixed )||Nil||Nil|
|COAS||90,000 ( fixed )||Nil||Nil|
b. Allowances as applicable : The rates of allowances applicable to officers are :
|Allowances||To Whom Applicable||Rates (Rs)|
|Hard Area Allowance||Officers Posted in Hard Area||6750/- PM ( 25% of Basic Pay )|
|High Altitude / Uncongenial Climate Siachen||Officers Posted in High Altitude / Uncongenial Climate Officers Posted in Siachen||11200/-
|Highly active Field Area Allowance|
Field Area Allowance
Modified Field Area Allowance
|Officer Posted at Highly Active Field Area|
Officer Posted at Field Area
Officer Posted at Modified Field Area
|Officers Posted as Army Aviators|
Officers Posted in Active Parachute BNs / Regt
|Special Forces Allowance||Officers posted in Special Forces||9000/- PM|
|Transport Allowance||All Officers||3200/- + DA PM in A1/A cities and 1600/- + DA PM at other places|
|House Rent Allowance||To Officers not provided Govt. Accommodation||10 - 30% of Basic Pay ( Pay Band + Grade Pay + MSP )|
|Kit Maint Allowance||All Officers||400/- PM|
|Uniform Allowance ( Outfit Allowance )||All Officers||Initial 14000/- and 3000/- every Three Years|
|Qualification Pay / Grant for Service Courses||All Officers undergoing specified courses||6000/- to 20000/-|
|Instructional Allowance||All Officers Posted as Instructors||1800/-|
Note : In the case of allowances specific to Defence Forces, the rates of these allowances have been further enhanced by 50% as Dearness Allowances has gone up by 100%.
c. Cost to Company ( CTC ) : The CTC for a Lieutenant would be approximately 70000/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Tech Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
d. Privileges : In addition to the CTC, Army provides free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidized rate.
e. Leave Entitlements : On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year ( subject to service exigencies ). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel as per extant rules ) for self and family. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
f. Sports & Adventure : The Army provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, Horse Riding etc.