Thirty Nineth Indian Army Short Service Commission ( Technical ) Men and Tenth Short Service Commission ( Technical ) Women Course ( Oct – 2012 ) Officers Training Academy, Chennai ( Including Widows of Defence Personnel for Tech and Non – Tech Entry ).
Registration for Online Application for Indian Army 2012 will open on 01 Feb 2012 and will be closed on 01 March 2012.
1. Indian Army applications are invited from Married / Unmarried male and unmarried female, as also from widows of Defence Personnel for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army. Minimum educational qualifications, vacancies and age are as given below :
- Indian Army Minimum Educational Qualification and streamwise vacancies
- For 39th SSC ( T ) Men Vacancies – 50
Qualification Vacancies B.E / B.Tech Civil ( including Mining / Construction ) 21 B.E / B.Tech Electrical ( including Electrical & Electronics ) 6 B.E / B.Tech Mechanical ( including Industrial / Industrial Engineering & Management ) 7 B.E / B.Tech Automobile Engineering / Workshop Technology 1 B.E / B.Tech Production including Manufacturing / Metallurgical / Metallurgy Explosives ) 1 B.E / B.Tech Electronics including Electronics & Instrumentation / Micro Electronics & Microwave / Opt Electronics ) 4 B.E / B.Tech Communication / Telecommunication ( including ECE / Electronics & Communications ) 6 B.E / B.Tech Architecture / Building Constr Technology 2 B.E / B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering / Computer Science / M.Sc ( Computer ) 2
- For 10th SSC ( T ) Women – Vacancies – 34
Qualification Vacancies B.E / B.Tech Civil ( including Mining / Construction ) 4 B.E / B.Tech Mechanical ( including Industrial / Industrial Engineering & Management / Automobile ) 7 B.E / B.Tech Architecture / House Building Tech 1 B.E / B.Tech Electrical ( Electrical & Electronics ) 4 B.E / B.Tech Electronics & Comn / Telecom / Electronics & Tele Comn 7 B.E / B.Tech Electronics ( including Electronics & Instrumentation / Micro Electronics & Microwave / Opt Electronics ) 8 B.E / B.Tech Information Technology 1 B.E / B.Tech Computer Science Engineering 2
Note : These Indian Army vacancies 2012 are tentative and may be changed depending on availability of training slots.
- For Widows of Defence Personnel vacancies – 02
Entry Qualification Vacancy SSC ( Non Tech ) Graduate in any discipline 01 SSC ( Tech ) B.E / B Tech in any of the streams mentioned above 01
- For 39th SSC ( T ) Men Vacancies – 50
- Indian Army 2012 Age Limit :
- For SSC ( T ) – 39 Men – 20 to 27 years. Born not earlier than 02 Oct 85 and not later than 01 Oct 92.
- SSC ( T ) – 10 Women – 20 to 27 years. Born not earlier than 02 Oct 85 and not later than 01 Oct 92.
- For Widows of Defence Personnel with four years age relaxation.
- For SSC ( Non Tech ) – 19 to 29 wars Born not earlier than 02 Jul 83 and not later than 01 Jul 93.
- For SSC ( Tech ) – 20 to 31 years. Born not earlier than 02 Oct 81 and not later than 01 Oct 92.
Important Note for Indian Army Course 2012 : A candidate is permitted to apply only for one entry / discipline of above course. Change of entry / qualification choice will not be entertained. Candidates are advised to submit only one application. Forwarding of double application will result in outright rejection of application and the candidature of such candidates will be cancelled.
- Widows of Defence Personnel, including those with children who have died in harness, will be eligible to apply for Short Service Commission ( Tech ) and ( Non Tech ). They will be eligible only if they have not remarried. The unfilled Indian Army vacancies will revert to the category other than ( That of widows. Upper age limit for Indian Army will be relaxable upto four years in respect of such candidates. A copy of death certificate and part-ll order is to be enclosed. The envelop containing the application for Indian Army should be superscribed in Red ink indicating clearly the name of the officer with rank. For example, Widow of late _____ Candidates will apply off line directly to the following address in the application format for Indian Army given in Army website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in provided they possess the laid down educational qualification and selection criteria. The last date of receipt of Indian Army 2012 application is 10 March 2012. Application received after last date will not be entertained.Integrated HQ of MoD ( Army ),
AG’s Branch, ADG Rtg / Rtg – 6 ( WE Sec ),
West Block-III, R.K. Puram,
New Delhi – 110 066.
- Educational Qualification : For Engineers ( Men and Women ). Candidates studying in the Final Year of Engineering Degree and who are qualified, graduates of the Degree Course in Engineering will be eligible to apply. The qualified graduates of the Degree Course must possess Engineering Degree at the time of joining training. The candidates studying in the final year of Degree Course, if not already in possession of the Degree Certificate should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of Indian Army training at OTA. Such candidates will be inducted for training at OTA on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of Indian Army training as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
2. Conditions of Eligibility for Indian Army
- Nationality : A candidate must either be :
- a citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- Tibetan origin but of Indian domicile, whose parents entered India as refugees prior to 1st January 1962 with intention of permanently settling in India.
- a person of Indian origin- who migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and East African countries like Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambi, Malawai, Zaire, Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidate who are Gorkhas subject of Nepal.
- Candidates withdrawn from IMA / OTA / Naval Academy / Air Force Academy on disciplinary ground are not eligible to apply.
- Physical Standards :
- Height & Weight : The minimum acceptable height and weight for men is 157.5 cms with correlated weight and for women candidate is 152 cm and 42 kg. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height will be relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2cms.
- Visual Standards : The minimum acceptable visual acuity are : Distant vision ( corrected ) better eye 6/6, worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 3.5 including Astigmation. Candidates who have undergone or have evidence for having undergone Radial Karatotomy to improve the visual acuity will be permanently rejected. Candidates who have undergone Lasik Surgery for correction of reflective error are not acceptable.
- To be passed fit, a candidate must be in good physical and mental health free from any disability likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duty.