Indian Army SSC Course Apr 2010 for Law Graduates Women
As an Officer, facing challenges might be easier than handling admiration.
Short Service Commission (NT) Course Apr 2010 for Law Graduates Women.
The Indian Army is looking for the best and the brightest law graduates unmarried women for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for Judge Advocate General Department.
Conditions of Eligibility:
Nationality: Must be an Indian.
Indian Army Age Limit: 21 to 27 years (Born not earlier than 02 Jan 1983 and not later than 01 Jan 1989).
Indian Army Educational Qualification: Minimum 55% aggregate marks in LLB Degree (three year professional after graduation or five years after 10+2 examination). The candidates should meet the eligibility criteria for enrolment as an advocate.
Method of Selection:
The Selection process to be followed is indicated below:
- Initial Screening and shortlisting of applicants will be done at Recruiting. Directorate Army Headquarters and the decision of ADG Recruiting will be final. In this regard no representation will be entertained.
- Candidates whose applications are found in order shall be detailed to appear at the service Selection Board on a specified date where they will be required to undergo Group Tests, Psychological Tests and an interview for duration of five days excluding the date of reporting at the Service Selection centre.
- The candidates who qualify at the Service Selection Board and are found medically fit by a Medical Board will be placed in order of merit. The final selection will be made in that order upto the number of vacancies available at that time.
- Two stage Selection Procedure: Two Stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test has been introduced at Selection Centres. All the candidates will face stage one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres. The candidates who qualify at stage one, will be admitted to the second stage / remaining tests and all those who fail to pass stage one, will be returned.
- Those candidates who qualify stage II will submit the original certificate alongwith one photocopy each of:
- Matriculation Certificate showing date of birth;
- Original Degree or provisional degree with all year / parts / semesters marksheets at selection centre.
Indian Army Medical Examination: Candidates recommended by the Service Selection Board will undergo medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officer. Women candidate will undergo Medical Examination by a Medical Board comprising male / female doctors / specialist / Gynecologist.
There will be a Lady Medical Officer as members of the Board. Only those candidates will be admitted to the Academy who are declared fit by the Special Medical Board (SMB). However, the candidates declared unfit will be intimated by the President of the SMB and procedure for request for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) will also be intimated to the candidates.
Candidates who are unfit may apply for AMB to be completed within 42 days of SMB and may request for Review Medical Board (RMB) within 1 day of completion of AMB. Candidates are advised to note that Rtg Directorate has no role to play in Appeal Medical Board.
The candidates will also be intimated that Review Medical Board (RMB) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merits of the case and that RMB is not a-matter of right.
In your own interest you are advised to undergo a preliminary medical check up for wax in ears. DNS, Hydrocele / Phimosis. Defective Colour Vision, Over Weight / Under Weight, Under chest, Piles, Gynaecomastia, Tonsillitis of varicocele before reporting for the SSB interview.
Indian Army Physical Standard: The minimum acceptable height is 152 cms for women. For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North Eastern region of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable height will be 5cms less. In case of candidates from Lakshwadeep the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
Training and prospects:
- Duration of training: Approximately 11 months training at OTA, Chennai, on successful complication of which candidates will be granted commission in the rank of Lt. No ante date seniority will be granted.
- Posting: Personnel granted Short Service Commission are liable to serve anywhere in India and abroad.
- Tenure of Engagement: Officers will be required to serve for five years and may be considered for grant of permanent commission thereafter as per existing rules. Those SSC Officers who are not selected for grant of PC but are otherwise considered fit and suitable, will be given options to continue as SSCOs for a total period of 14 years (including the initial tenure of 5 years) on expiry of which they will be released form the Army.
Pay and Allowances and other benefits:
Officers are initially commissioned as Lieutenant in the pay scale of 26,000 (Basic Pay – 15,600, Grade pay – 5,400 and Military Service pay – 6000) per month with DA at present and other benefits like concessional accommodation, free medical facilities, LTC, 60 days annual leave, 20 days casual leave, canteen facilities, entitled ration as per scale etc.
Army Group Insurance provides Insurance cover of 15 lac to the Lady Cadets of OTA from the date of joining institute for pre-commission training.
Candidates who are medically boarded out during training at OTA on account of disability, the cover provided is 50% of the insured amount for 100% disability, i.e. 7.5 lac for 100% disability proportionately reduced to 1.5 lac for 20% disability.
However, for disability less than 20%, an ex-gratia grant of 20,000/ – will be paid. Disability due to alcoholism and drug addiction will not qualify for disability benefits and ex-gratia.
Further increase in insurance and disability cover by Army Group Insurance Fund is under active consideration.
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from OTA or any other service training academy are not eligible to apply for commission into army.
- Candidates who submit more than one application will be disqualified for this course as well as from applying for commission in the Army in future.
- Candidates not in receipt of a call-up letter from any of the Selection Centre for SSB interview should presume that either their application has been received after due date or could not come in short-list or found in eligible.
No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
How to Apply:
- Apply on plain foolscap paper (typed or handwritten) as per format given in the advertisement alongwith two self addressed post cards duly tagged.
- Only attach the photocopies of the following documents or certificates serial wise alongwith the application which should be properly tagged and duly attested by a Government Gazetted Officer:
- Matriculation Certificate issued by Board of Secondary Education or Central Board of Secondary Education as proof of date of birth (marksheet, transfer certificate, affidavit, admit card, etc are not acceptable).
- Degree / Provisional certificate alongwith marksheets of all the years / parts / semesters as proof of educational qualification.
- Affix your photograph in the space provided for in the Application form and attested by Govt. Gazetted Officer.
- NCC certificate or National certificate of Bravery / Gallantry Award or certificate showing representation of the State in National Sports Competition may also be attached If any held.
- Application incomplete in any respect and / or without any of the above mentioned documents (as indicated at the above (a), (b) (i), (ii) and (iii) and / or not duly attested by a Govt. Gazetted Officer will be rejected summarily.
- The Provisional degree certificate in support of education qualification should clearly state that the student has passed the specified degree examination and is also eligible for award of degree certificate.
- No original certificates will be enclosed with the application.
- The application should be sent in a white envelope superscribed in Red Ink on the top left corner indicating “Application for Short Service Commission (NT) Women Course – Apr 2010 for Judge Advocate Generals Department”.
- Post your application along with supported documents by Registered Post at the following address on or before 28 Aug 2009.Additional Directorate General of Recruiting Rtg Women Entry,
AG’s Branch, Army Hqrs,
West Block-III, R.K.Puram,
New Delhi – 110066.
- Any application sent through courier service will not be accepted’ in the absence of arrangements for the same.
- Candidates are advised to apply sufficiently in advance of the last date. Application received after the last date for the receipt of application i.e. 28th Aug 2009 will be summarilly rejected.
- Any change in your postal address should be communicate immediately to this directorate.
- Persons already in Central or State Government Service whether permanent or in temporary capacity or as work change employee or those serving under the Public Sector enterprise are required to submit an undertaking that they have informed their head of office / department in writing that they have applied for a commission in the Army. Candidates should note that in case a communications is received by this HQ from their employer / withholding permission for such application their application shall be rejected and candidature cancelled.
- A candidate serving in the Armed Forces must submit her application through her commanding Officer.
- Additional Directorate General of Recruiting (Rtg 6), Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications on the basis of percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in LLB examinations.
- For quires contact
Recruiting Directorate Telephone Number (011) 26175473 and Fax No. 26196205 or,
Email to: recruiting officers© vsnl.net our,
Websites is: www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Place of SSBs will be displayed on Army website www.indianarmy.gov.in in first week of Dec 2009.
Format of Application on Army website is also acceptable.