- Shortlisting of Applications and SSB Interviews 2013 : Integrated HQ of MoD ( Army ) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks without assigning any reason. Initial checking of applications for Indian Army TGC course 2014 will be done at Directorate General Recruiting, Army HQs. Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on aggregate percentage of marks scored will be called for and assessed under aegis of Selection Centres, namely Allahabad ( UP ), Bhopal ( MP ) and Bangalore ( Karnataka ) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Candidates will not be interviewed locally. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of Army Headquarters and no requests of changes are entertained in this regard.
- Two Stage Selection Procedure in TGC Course 2014 : Two stage selection procedure in Indian Army 2013 based on Psychological Aptitude Test is held at Selection Centres. All the candidates will face stage one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres. The candidates who qualify in stage one will be admitted to the second stage / remaining tests. Those who fail to pass stage one will be returned on the same date.
- Merit List : It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the Indian Army SSB interview does not confirm final selection. A merit list is prepared for every qualification subject separately purely on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates at Indian Army 2013 SSB’s and as such higher educational qualifications, previous performances, NCC background etc have no role to play. Those high in the merit list and who come within the stipulated vacancies, and are medically fit are issued joining instruction for precommissioning training.
- The merit list of the recommended candidates will be displayed at the reception of DG RTG and its website i.e. www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Candidates, who do not figure in the Merit List of TGC, may be offered SSC(T) if vacancies exit after allotment to all eligible SSC ( T ) candidates.
4. Medical Examination for Indian Army TGC Course 2014 :
A candidate recommended by the Service Selection Board will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers. The proceedings of the Medical Board are confidential and will not be divulged to anyone. However, candidates declared unfit by the Special Medical Board ( SMB ) will be intimated by the president of the Medical Board. The procedure for request for Appeal Medical Board ( AMB ) will also be intimated to the candidates. Unfit candidates should report for AMB within a maximum period of 42 days.
Candidates are advised to note that Recruiting Directorate has no role to play in Appeal Medical Boards and procedure advised by the medical authorities is strictly to be adhered to. Candidates declared unfit by AMB will be intimated by the President, AMB about procedure to challenge the finding of AMB. Candidates will also be intimated that Review Medical Board ( RMB ) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merits of the case and that RMB is not a matter of right. Candidates will be considered medically fit only on receipt of the approved Medical documents from Directorate General Medical Services.
Note : Candidates are advised in their own interest to undergo a preliminary medical check up for wax in ears, DNS, defective colour vision, over weight / under weight, piles, gynaecomasties, tonsilitis and visicocle before reporting for the Indian Army 2013 SSB interview.
5. Training and Prospects in Indian Army Technical Graduate Course 2014 :
- Selected candidates for Technical Graduates Course 2014 will be detailed for training at Indian Military Academy. Dehradun according to their position in the final order of merit, discipline wise upto the number of vacancies in Indian Army 2013 available at the time.
- Duration of Indian Army TGC training is one year.
- Engineering Graduates will be granted Short Service Commission ( on probation ) and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay and allowances will be paid after successful completion of Indian Army training.
- Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training for Indian Army nor will he be allowed to live with parents / Guardians. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at the Indian Military Academy. A candidate, who married subsequent to the date of his application though successful at the Services Selection Board interview or medical examination, will not be inducted for Indian Army training. A candidate if he marries, while under training, shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government.
- Indian Army Training at IMA is at Govt. expense. (i) Engineering Graduates will be granted permanent commission in the rank of Lt with one year antedate seniority from the date of granting commission. (ii) Non-engineering Post Graduates applying for AEC will be Granted Permanent Commission in the rank of Lt. However they are not entitled to any ante date seniority.
- Ante Date Seniority : One year ante date seniority from date of Short Service Commission will be applicable only for Officers having Engineering Degree ( B.E / B.Tech ) from a recognized institution / university.
6. The final allocation of Arms / Services will be made prior to passing out of Gentlemen Cadets from IMA.
7. Liability of Service : Officers may be granted commission in any arms / services and will be liable for service in any part of the world on selected appointments as decided by Army Headquarters from time to time.
The Indian Army Offers You
- Pay Scale for Indian Army TGC 2013 : The promotion from Lieutenant to Lieutenant Colonel is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions. The Indian Army 2013 Pay Scale and promotion criteria is as follows :
Rank Pay Bands / Scale Grade Pay MSP Lieutenant PB-3 / 15600-39100 5400 6000 Captain PB-3 / 15600-39100 6100 6000 Major PB-3 / 15600-39100 6600 6000 Lt Colonel PB-4 / 37400-67000 8000 6000 Colonel PB-4 / 37400-67000 8700 6000 Brigadier PB-4 / 37400-67000 8900 6000 Major General PB-4 / 37400-67000 10000 Nil Lt General / HAG Scale 67000 - ( annual increment @ 3% ) - 79000 Nil Nil HAG + Scale * *Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt Gens 75500 - ( annual increment @ 3% ) - 80000 Nil Nil VCOAS / Army Cdr / Lt Gen ( NFSG ) 80000 ( fixed ) Nil Nil COAS 90000 ( fixed ) Nil Nil
- Indian Army Allowances as applicable – The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as under :
Allowances To Whom Applicable Rates Hard Area Allowance Officers Posted to Hard Area 6750 PM ( 25% of Basic Pay ) High Attitude / Uncongeniel Climate Officers Posted in High Attitude / Uncongeniel Climate 11200/- Siachen Officers Posted in Siachen 14000 PM Highly active Field Area Allowance Officer Posted at Highly Active Field Area 6780 PM Field Area Allowance Officer Posted at Field Area 4200 PM Modified Field Area Allowance Officer Posted at Modified Field Area 1600 PM Flying Pay Officers Posted as Army Aviators 9000 PM Parachute Pay Officers Posted in Active Parachute BNs / Regt 1200 PM Special Forces Allowance Officers posted in Special Forces 9000 PM Transport Allowance Officers Posted in Peace Stations 3200/- + DA PM in A1/A cities and 1600 + DA PM at other places House Rent Allowance To officers not provided Govt. Accommodation 10-30% of Basic Pay ( Pay Band + Grade Pay + MSP ) Kit Maint Allowance All officers 400 PM Uniform Allowance ( Outfit Allowance ) All officers Intial 14000/- and 3000 every Three Years Qualification Pay / Grant for Service Courses All officers undergoing specified courses 6000 to 20000/- Instructional Allowance All Officers Posted as Instructors 1800/-
Note : In the case of allowances specific to Defence Forces, the rates of these allowances have been further enhanced by 25% as Dearness Allowances has gone up by 50%.
9. Cost to company ( CTC ) : The CTC for a Lieutenant would be approximately 65000/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay Military Service Pay, Tech Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
10. Privileges : In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Army provides free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
11. Group Insurance & Gratuity : Insurance cover of 40 lakhs ( on contribution ) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force.
12. Leave Entitlements : On Short Service Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year ( subject to service exigencies ). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel ( as per extant rules ) for self and family. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
13. Sports & Adventure : The Army provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, Horse Riding etc.
14. Physical Fitness : In Indian Military Academy curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on Physical fitness. You are therefore, advised to remain fit through physical exercises, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the training goals successfully.
15. Stipend / Pay during Training at IMA : During the period of Indian Army training the candidates will be given a stipend of 21,000/- p.m. ( 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band Plus Grade Pay 5,400/- ). On completion of training Officers are commissioned as Lt and entitled to the pay scale as given in para 8 above.
16. The final allotment of Arms / Service / Corps, at the time of passing out will be the sole discretion of Integrated HQ, Min of Defence ( Army ) keeping in view the existing policy. No representation is tenable on this account.