(b) Age Limit for Indian Army 118 TGC Course 2013 :
- For Engineering Graduates – 20 to 27 yrs ( Born between 02 Jan 87 and 01 Jan 94 ).
- For AEC – 23 to 27 yrs ( Born between 02 Jan 87 and 01 Jan 91 ).
(c) Indian Army TGC Course Educational Qualification 2013 :
- For Engineers : Candidates studying in the Final Year of Engineering Degree and who are qualified graduates of the Degree Course in Engineering will be eligible to apply. The qualified graduates of the Degree Course must possess Engineering Degree at the time of joining training. The candidates studying in the final year of Degree Course, if not already in possession of the Degree Certificate should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at IMA. Such candidates will be inducted for training at IMA on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
Important Note : Candidates must note that the minimum educational qualification for induction into TGC – 118 course is B.E / B.Tech degree in the engineering stream notified in Para (1) above. Therefore, to become eligible for induction into TGC – 118 course, candidates studying in final year of engineering must complete all the formalities including viva voce etc for award of qualifying B.E / B.Tech degree before commencement of course, failing which their candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- For Indian Army Education Corps : M.A / M.Sc Degree in 1st or 2nd division from a university recognized by AIU in English / Economics / History / Geography / Political Science / Psycology / Physics / Chemistry / Maths / Computer Science / Chinese / Tibetan / Burmese / Pushto / Dari / Arabic. Final year appearing candidates are not eligible for Army Education Corps ( AEC ).
2. Conditions of Eligibility for Indian Army TGC Course 2013
- Nationality : A candidate must either be :
- a citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- Tibetan origin but of Indian domicile, whose parents entered India as refugees prior to 1st January 1962 with intention of Permanently settling in India.
- a person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and East African countries like Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambi, Malawai, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of Permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidate who are Gorkhas subject of Nepal.
- Candidates withdrawn from IMA / OTA / Naval Academy / Air Force Academy on disciplinary ground are not eligible to apply.
- Physical Standards :
- Height & Weight : The minimum acceptable height and weight for men is 157.5 cms with correlated weight. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height will be relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2cms.
- Visual Standards : The minimum acceptable visual acuity are : Distant vision ( corrected ) better eye 6/6, worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 3.5 including Astigmation. Candidates who have undergone or have evidence for having undergone Radial Karatotomy to improve the visual acuity will be permanently rejected. Candidates who have undergone Lasik Surgery for Correction of reflective error are not acceptable.
- Permanent Body Tattoos : Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoos marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
- To pass fit, a candidate must be in good physical and mental health free from any disability.
- Prospective candidates are advised to exercise and keep themselves physically fit, in order to avoid any injury due to the rigorous physical training at Indian Military Academy. In order to be able to adjust to the regime there candidates are advised to achieve following standards before joining the IMA, if finally selected : (a) Running 2.4 Km in 15 minutes (b) Push ups – 13 Nos (c) Sit ups – 25 Nos (d) Chin ups – 6 Nos (e) Rope climbing – 3-4 metres.