Indian Army Recruitment Rally 2014 for Soldier Tradesman, Soldier General Duty, Soldier Clerk at Barrackpore
Army Recruitment Rally at RCTC Ground Barrackpore from 16 Jun – 23 Jun 2014
1. An Army Recruitment Rally for Male candidates only is planned to be conducted at RCTC Ground, Barrackpore from 16 Jun – 23 Jun 14. The registration, physical fitness tests and document check for all categories will be carried out from 05:00 hours daily, as per the following programme :
|a.||16 Jun 14||Soldier Tradesman ( Including Son of Servicemen, Son of Ex-Servicemen, Son of Widow, Son of War Widow, NCC & ST Candidates )||North 24 Parganas & Hooghly|
|b.||17 Jun 14||Soldier Tradesman ( Including Son of Servicemen, Son of Ex-Servicemen, Son of Widow, Son of War Widow. NCC & ST Candidates )||Bankura & Purulia|
|c.||18 Jun 14||Soldier General Duty ( Including Son of Servicemen, Son of Ex-Servicemen, Son of Widow, Son of War Widow, NCC & ST Candidates )||North 24 Parganas & Hooghly|
|d.||19 Jun 14||Soldier General Duty ( Including Son of Servicemen, Son of Ex-Servicemen, Son of Widow, Son of War Widow, NCC & ST candidates )||Bankura & Purulia|
|e.||20 Jun 14||Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical ( Including SOEX, SOW, SOWW, NCC & ST Candidates ), Soldier Technical ( Including Son of Servicemen, Son of Ex-Servicemen, Son of Widow, Son of War Widow, NCC & ST Candidates ) & DSC Recruitment||North 24 Parganas, Hooghly. Bankura & Purulia|
|f.||21 Jun 14||Aptitude Test of Tradesman|
|Other Tests / Examination|
|g.||16 Jun & 23 Jun 14||Medical Examination & Documentation||At Rally site|
|h.||27 Jul 14||Common Entrance Exam for all categories less Nursing Assistant||ARO Barrackpore|
- Complaint / Grievance Redressal cell will be open at Rally site for Redressal or any complaint.
- Desirous Candidates to report on the day of registration at 05:00 AM. Registration will be closed at 07:00 AM.
- Candidates will undergo all physical tests at their own risk and expense. Any injury including fatal during physical tests conducted during the recruitment rally will not be compensated in any manner.
Indian Army Soldier Physical Standards 2014
2. Existing laid down physical standard with age criteria are displayed in the ARO, Barrackpore complex. It has been experienced that a large number of candidates wish to attend the rally who does not meet laid down physical standards and age criteria. You are therefore, requested to give publicity of minimum physical standards and age criteria for various categories as given below :
|Serial No||Category||Height ( cms )||Weight ( kgs )||Chest ( cms)||Age ( As on Screening date )||Remarks|
|48||76/81||17 ½ to 23 years||* For ST candidates only|
|b.||Soldier General Duty||169|
|77/82||17 ½ to 21 years|
|c.||Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical||162||50|
|77/82||17 ½ to 23 years|
|77/82||17 ½ to 23 years|
3. Age Criteria for Indian Army Soldier 2014 : Born not after 16 Dec 1996 for all trades. Maximum age limit are as under :
- Soldier Clk / SKT, Soldier Technical, Soldier Tradesman – Born not before 16 Jun 1991.
- Soldier General Duty – Born not before 16 Jun 1993.
Indian Army Soldier Age Relaxation 2014 :
4. The relaxation in the physical standard will be given to the Sons of Serving Soldiers / Ex-Servicemen / War Widows and Adopted son of War Widow on production of relationship certificate from concerned Records and Outstanding Sportsmen as under :
|Serial No||Category||Height ( cms )||Weight ( kgs )||Chest ( cms )|
|a.||Son of Servicemen ( SOS ), Son of Ex-servicemen ( 80EX ), Son of Widow ( SOW ) & Son of War Widow ( SOWW )||02||02||01|
|b.||Adopted son / son-in-law of a War Widow of Army, if she has no son.||02||02||01|
|c.||Outstanding Sportsmen who have represented India at International level and State at National level but not earned 1st or 2nd position and represented District at State level and University or Regional Team at District level in case they have earned 1st / 2nd position within last two years||02||05||03|
Award of Bonus Marks
5. Bonus marks will be awarded as under :
|Sl. No||Category||Soldier GD||Soldier Clerk / SKT / Tech / NA||Soldier Tradesmen|
|a.||SOS / SOEX / SOWW / SOW ( One Son only )||20||20||20|
|i.||India at International Level||20||20||20|
|ii.||State at National Level||15||15||15|
|iii.||District at State Level & earned 1st / 2nd Position||10||10||10|
|iv||University or Regional Team at District Level & earned 1st / 2nd Position||05||05||05|
|i||NCC A' Cert||05||05||05|
|ii||NCC ’B' Cert||10||10||10|
|iii||NCC ‘C’ Cert||Exempted from CEE||15||Exempted from CEE|
|iv||Candidates holding NCC ‘C’ cert and taken part in Republic Day Parade at New Delhi.||Exempted from CEE||Exempted from CEE||Exempted from CEE|
|d.||'O' Level Computer Certificate issued by DOEACC||-||15 Marks ( For Soldier Clk / SKT only )||-|
- The above marks are fixed depending upon the eligibility of a candidate and has no relaxation to his performance in CEE.
- Only one type of bonus marks ( Max of the permissible ) will be added to the total. To elaborate, Son of Ex-serviceman with NCC B’ certificate appearing for Soldier GO category will be awarded only 20 marks and not 20 + 10 = 30 marks.
Indian Army Soldier Educational Qualification 2014
6. Education qualifications for the above categories are as under :
|Serial No||Category||Education Qualification|
|a.||Soldier Tradesmen||i. Minimum 10th Pass & above ii. Minimum 8th Pass for House Keeper & Mess Keeper Only|
|b.||Soldier Technical||i. 10+2 simple pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English with min 45% marks in aggregate. Or
ii. 10th class pass with min 50% marks in aggregate if 3 years Diploma in Engineering from an AICTE recognized Institute.
|c.||Soldier General Duty||i. Should have secured 33% in each subject and 45% in aggregate in Class X. In case of higher education stipulation of percentage is waived off.|
|d.||Soldier General Duty ( ST )||Minimum 8th Pass.|
|e.||Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical||i. Should have secured 40% in each subject and 50% in aggregate in Cl XII.
ii. Should have studied English and Maths / Accts / Book Keeping in Cl X or Cl XII. Should have secured min 40% in each of these subjects, whether it was studied in Class X or Cl XII.
iii. If a candidate is graduate with Maths and English as his subject in BSc, the stipulation of scoring 40% in Cl XII / Cl X is walved off.
iv. In case he is graduate but not having English and Maths / Accts / Book Keeping, he should have scored no more than 40% in English and Maths / Accts / Book Keeping atleast once in Cl X or Cl XII.
v. Degree Cert and / or Provisional Cert is Mandatory.
vi. Selection is based on All India Merit List.
Details of Document Required for Screening
7. Prospective candidates are required to bring the following essential documents with them during the day on which they wish to enroll in the Army :
Basic Education Documents
a. Original and Xerox copy of Marks sheet and Transfer certificate duly signed by Headmaster and countersigned by the District Inspector of Schools in case of 8th pass candidates and / or Matric / Madhyamic Fail. Birth Certificate will also be invariably carried by these candidates for checking / scrutiny and veracity.
b. Original & Xerox copies of Registration Cert, Admit Card(s), Marks Sheet(s) and Board Certificate(s) including 10th class exam.
c. Degree Holders will produce their Provisional Degree Certificate and / or Original Degree Certificate.
d. Original and two Xerox copies of Nativity / Permanent Residential Certificate issued by District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate ( Gen ) / Sub Divisional Officer ( SDO ) with passport size photograph of candidate affixed and duly attested by issuing authority with designation / round stamp.
e. In case of non Bengali candidates, Original & two Xerox copies of Domicile / Nativity certificate is required to be issued by the District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate ( General ) / Sub Divisional Officer as per rules applicable in respective districts with round and designation stamp.
f. Original and two Xerox copies of Character Certificate duly endorsed unmarried if below 21 years of age with passport size photograph of candidate affixed and duly attested by Gram Pradhan / Chairman of Municipality with designation / round stamp ( Not more than six months old ).
g. Original and two Xerox copies of Caste Certificate issued by Sub Divisional Officer ( SDO ) for Schedule Tribe ( Adivasi ) candidates only.
h. All candidates or candidates those who have studied in CBSE or any other Board with first language as Hindi / any other language will produce original and xerox copy of Domicile / Nativity certificate issued by the District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate ( Gen ) / Sub Divisional Officer ( SDO ) with passport size photograph of candidate affixed and duly attested by issuing authority with designation / round stamp. Birth Certificate will also invariably be carried by these candidates for checking / scrutiny and veracity.
i. Original and Xerox copy of Discharge Book and Relationship Certificate issued by concerned Record Office and signed by CRO / SRO / any Record Officer with Personal Number, Rank, Name and Appointment with affixed office round stamp in case of Son of Servicemen, Ex-servicemen and War Widows of Army Personal is Mandatory at the time of Screening / Registration. ( Relationship certificate from Zila Sainik Board will not be accepted ).
j. Original and Xerox copy of NCC A, B and C Certificate if held in new form photo affixed and attested by issuing authority with designation / round stamp ( wef 01, 2008 ). Provisional NCC certificate will be acceptable till original certificates are available.
k. Original and Xerox copy of Sports Certificate.
l. Photocopy of Pan Card.
m. Outsider Sanction : Outsider sanction is applicable for sons of those Ex-Servicemen / Servicemen who are staying / working under the jurisdiction of the HQ Recruiting Zone. They will have to take outsider sanction from HQ Recruiting Zone, Kolkata / Recruiting Directorate, Army Headquarters as applicable. This is mandatory in all cases.
n. Twenty two copies of latest passport size & five stamp size colour photographs in white shirt with sky-blue background ( unattested ) with negative not more than three months old. Black & White and Computer photographs will not be accepted.
o. Re-Enrolment Into DSC : Candidates will be in possession of original Discharge Book, 20 passport size photographs, educational certificate, character certificate, single wife certificate, residential certificate and extended AGI certificate.
Note : All Xerox copies will be attested by Gazetted officials / authorised Govt officials only.
Indian Army Soldier Selection Procedure 2014
8. Candidates meeting the laid down physical measurement standards and in possession of documents as given in para 7 above will undergo physical fitness test and detailed documents check. Candidates will be awarded marks in the Physical Fitness Test ( PFT ) as per details given below :
|a.||1.6 Kilometors Run ( For all categories except Sol GD )|
|i. 5.40 Mins and below||Group I||60|
|ii. 5.41 to 5.50 Mins||Group II||48|
|iii. 5.51 to 6.05 Mins||Group III||36|
|iv. 6.06 to 6.20 Mins||Group IV||24|
|b.||1.6 Kiloometers Run ( For Sol GD category )|
|i. 5.40 Mins and below||Group I||60|
|ii. 5.41 to 6.00 Mins||Group II||48|
|i. 10 Nos and above||40|
|ii. 9 Nos||33|
|iii. 8 Nos||27|
|iv. 7 Nos||21|
|v. 6 Nos||16|
|d.||Max Marks of PFT : 100|
|e.||9 Foot Ditch : Should qualify and no marks are awarded.|
|f.||Zig Zag Balance : Should qualify and no marks are awarded.|
Note : The above are minimum prescribed standards and do not guarantee selection as a right to candidates achieving them, since selection is based on performance higher than the minimum laid down, with a view to select the best for the Army.
9. Candidates who qualify in the physical fitness tests will be screened for physical measurement and documentation on the same day.
Indian Army Soldier Medical Examination 2014
10. Successful candidates as at para 9 above will be medically examined as per programme given at ser 1(h) above. Candidates are advised to take actions before appearing for medical examination :
- Get Ear wax cleaned.
- Treatment for Hernia, Hydrocele and Skin diseases etc be taken prior to reporting for rally.
- Body hair should be shaved / trimmed.
11. Candidates with a small engraving / tattoo of name of religious / tribal symbol on the inner face of the arms or hands is permitted for enrolment in army. However, candidates having permanent tattoos on any other on any other part of the body are debarred for recruitment in the army.
Common Entrance Exam
12. Candidates who are declared medically fit will be required to appear for the written examination to be held on 27 Jul 2014 and on subsequent dates as notified / displayed at Army Recruiting Office, Barrackpore ( WB ). All candidates are required to report with their admit card on the exam day at 05:00 h.
13. Details of examination to be conducted are as under :
|Category||Total Marks||Duration||Composition of Question papers|
|Soldier General Duty||100||1 hour||General Knowledge - 30% General Science - 40% and Mathematics - 30%|
|Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical||200||1 hour||General Knowledge and General Science - 20% English - 50%
Mathematics - 15% Computer - 15%
|Soldier Technical||100||1 hour||General Knowledge - 20% Physics - 30%
Mathematics - 30%
Chemistry - 20%
|Soldier Tradesman||100||1 hour||General Knowledge - 40% General Science - 30% Mathematics - 30%|
Note : The candidates are advised to prepare well for the examination as many appear but fail due to inadequate preparation. Syllabus for each category and Model Question Papers are displayed in ARO, Barrackpore complex and candidates are welcome to peruse them between 09:00 hour 13:00 hour on all working days.
14. Negative Marking : The under mentioned negative marking system would be applied in the Common Entrance Exam ( CEE ) for categories as under :
a. For Soldier Tradesman & Soldier General Duty
- 2 marks for every right answer.
- ½ negative mark for every wrong answer.
- 0 mark for answer left blank.
b. For Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical & Soldier Technical
- 04 marks for every right answer.
- 1.0 negative mark for every wrong answer.
- 0 for answer left blank.
15. Doping Control : Candidates are liable to be screened for use of physical performance enhancing drugs during recruitment rally.
16. Caution : Prior to dispatch a thorough verification of all submitted documents are carried out for genuineness from issuing authorities. The selection of candidate is provisional until all dispatch formalities are completed, not withstanding his passing successive rally stages, and will remain provisional until he is physically dispatched to the nominated training centres by Army Recruiting Office, Barrackpore.