Indian Army Recruitment Rally 2014 for Soldier Posts
Army Recruitment Rally at Jk College, Purulia from 09 Dec to 14 Dec 2014.
1. An Indian Army Recruitment Rally for Male Candidates only is planned to be conducted at JK College Purulla from 09 Dec to 14 Dec 2014. The registration, physical fitness tests and document check for all categories will be carried out from 0500h daily, as per the following programme :
|a.||09 Dec 14||Soldier Technical, Soldier Technical ( Aviation / Ammunition ), Soldier ( Nursing Assistant ) & Soldier ( Nursing Assistant Veterinary ) ( Including Son of Servicemen, Son of Ex-Servicemen. Son of Widow, Son of War Widow, NCC & ST Candidates ).||North 24 Parganas. Bankura, Hooghly & Purulia.|
|b.||10 Dec 14||Soldier General Duty ( Including Son of Servicemen, Son of Ex-Servicemen, Son of Widow, Son of War Widow, NCC & ST Candidates ).||Hooghly & Purulia.|
|c.||11 Dec 14||Soldier General Duty ( Including Son of Servicemen, Son of Ex-Servicemen, Son of Widow, Son of War Widow, NCC & ST Candidates ).||North 24 Parganas & Bankura.|
|d.||12 Dec 14||Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical ( Including Son of Servicemen, Son of ExServicemen, Son of Widow, Son of War Widow, NCC & ST Candidates ) & DSC Enrolment.||Hooghly & Purulia|
|e.||13 Dec 14||Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical ( Including Son of Servicemen, Son of ExServicemen, Son of Widow, Son of War Widow, NCC & ST Candidates ).||North 24 Parganas & Bankura|
|f.||14 Dec 14||Reserve for Medical|
|Other Tests / Examination|
|g.||09 Dec to 14 Doc 14||Medical Examination & Documentation||At Rally site|
|h.||01 Feb 15||Common Entrance Exam for all categories less Soldier ( Nursing Assistant ) and Soldier ( Nursing Assistant Veterinary ).||ARO Barrackpore|
- Complaint / Grievance Redressal cell will be open at Rally site for Redressal or any complaint.
- Desirous Candidates to report on the day of registration at 5.00 a.m. Registration will be closed at 7.00 a.m.
- Candidates will undergo all physical tests at their own risk and expense. Any injury including fatal during physical tests conducted during the recruitment rally will not be compensated in any manner.
Physical Standards for Indian Army Recruitment Rally Soldier 2014 :
2. Existing laid down physical standard with age criteria are displayed in the ARO, Barrackpore complex. It has been experienced that a large number of candidates wish to attend the rally who does not meet laid down physical standards and age criteria. You are therefore, requested to give publicity of minimum physical standards and age criteria for various categories as given below :
|SI. No.||Category||Height ( Cms )||Weight ( Kgs )||Chest ( Cms )||Age ( As on Screening date )||Remarks|
|a.||Soldier General Duty||169 |
|77 / 82||17 ½ to 21 Years||* For ST candidates only|
|b.||Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical||162||50|
|77 / 82||17 ½ to 23 Years|
|c.||Soldier Technical and Soldier Technical ( Aviation / Ammunition )||169|
|77 / 82||17 ½ to 23 Years|
|d.||Soldier ( Nursing Assistant ) and Soldier ( Nursing Assistant Veterinary )||169|
|77 / 82||17 ½ to 23 Years|
3. Age Criteria : Candidate should not bom after 09 Jun 1997 for all trades Maximum age limit are as under :
- Soldier Clk / SKT. Soldier Technical, – Not born before 09 Dec 1991 Soldier Technical ( Aviation / Ammunition ).
- Soldier General Duty – Not born before 09 Dec 1993.
Soldier ( Nursing Assistant ) and
Soldier ( Nursing Assistant Veterinary )
4. The relaxation in the physical standard will be given to the Sons of Serving Soldiers / Ex-Servicemen / War Widows and Adopted son of War Widow on production of relationship certificate from concerned Records and Outstanding Sportsmen as under :
|SI. No.||Category||Height ( Cms )||Weight ( Kgs )||Chest ( Cms )|
|a.||Son of Servicemen ( SOS ), Son of Ex-servicemen ( SOEX ), Son of Widow ( SOW ) & Son of War Widow ( SOWW ).||02||02||01|
|b.||Adopted son / son-in-law of a War Widow of Army, if she has no son.||02||02||01|
|c.||Outstanding Sportsmen who have represented India at International level and State at National level but not earned 1st or 2 nd position and represented District at State level and University or Regional Team at District level in case they have earned 1st / 2nd position within last two years.||02||05||03|
Award of bouns Mark :
5. Bouns mark will be awarded as under :
|SI. No.||Category||Sol GD||Sol Clk / SKT / Sol||Remarks|
|a.||SOS / SOEX / SOWW / SOW ( One Son only ).||20||20|
|b.||Outstanding Sportsman who represented.|
|(i)||India at International Level||20||20||Within last two years|
|(ii)||State at National Level||15||15|
|(iii)||District at State Level & earned 1st / 2nd Position||10||10|
|(iv)||University or Regional Team at District Level & earned 1st / 2nd Position||05||05|
|c.||NCC Certificate Holders|
|(i)||NCC 'A' Cert||05||05|
|(ii)||NCC 'B' Cert||10||10|
|(iii)||NCC 'C' Cert||Exempted from CEE||15|
|(iv)||Candidates holding NCC ‘C cert and taken part in Republic Day Parade at New Delhi.||Exempted from CEE||Exempted from CEE|
|d.||'O' Level Computer Certificate issued by DOEACC||-||15 Marks ( For Sol Clk / SKT only ).|
- The above marks are fixed depending upon the eligibility of a candidate and has no relaxation to his performance in CEE.
- Only one type of bonus marks ( Max of the permissible ) will be added to the total. To elaborate Son of Ex-serviceman with NCC ‘B’ certificate appearing for Soldier GD category will be awarded only 20 marks and not 20+10=30 marks.
Indian Army Recruitment Rally Soldier Educational Qualification 2014 :
6. Education qualifications for the above categories are as under :
|SI. No.||Category||Education Qualification|
|a.||Soldier Technical||(i) 10+2 simple pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English with min 45% marks in aggregate. Or
(il) l0th class pass with min 50% marks in aggregate if 3 years Diploma in Engg from an AICTE recognised institute.
|b.||Soldier Technical ( Aviation / Ammunition )||(i) 10+2 / Intermediate exam in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English as compulsory subjects with min 50% marks in aggregate and 40% in each subject or 3 yrs Diploma in Engineering ( Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Automobiles / Computer Science ) from a recognised polytechnical institute.|
|c.||Soldier ( Nursing Assistant ) and Soldier ( Nursing Assistant Veterinary )||i. Should have secured 40% in compulsory subjects ( Physics. Chemistry, English and Biology ) and 50% in aggregate in Cl XII.
ii. In case of graduate having BSc. Degree ( Botany / Zoology / Bio Science ) and English ( simple pass ), the stipulation of percentage in Cl XII is waived off. However, the candidate should have studied all the four specified subjects in Cl XII also.
iii. Degree Cert or Provisional Cert is mandatory.
|d.||Soldier General Duty||i. Should have secured 33% in each subject and 45% in aggregate in Class X.
ii. In case of higher education stipulation of percentage is waived off.
|e.||Soldier General Duty ( ST )||Minimum 8th Pass.|
|f.||Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical.||i. Should have secured 40% in each subject and 50% in aggregate in Cl XII.
ii. Should have studied English and Maths / Accts / Book Keeping in Cl X or Cl XII. Should have secured min 40% in each of these subjects, whether it was studied in Class X or C1 XII.
iii. If a candidate is graduate with Maths and English as his subject in BSc / B Com, the stipulation of scoring 40% in C1 XII / C1 X is waived off.
iv. In case he is graduate but not having English and Maths / Accts / Book Keeping, he should have scored min 40% in English and Maths / Accts / Book Keeping at least once in Cl X or C1 XII.
v. Degree Cert and / or Provisional Cert is Mandatory.
vi. Selection is based on All India Merit List.
Details of Documents Required for Screening :
7. Prospective Candidates are required to bring the following essential documents with them during the day on which they wish to enroll in the Army.
Basic Education Documents :
- Original and Xerox copy of Marks sheet and Transfer certificate duly signed by Headmaster and countersigned by the District inspector of School in case on 8th Pass candidates and / or Matric / Madhyamic Fail. Birth Certificate will also be invariably carried by these candidates for checking / scrutiny and veracity.
- Original & Xerox copies of Registration Cert, Admit Card(s), Marks Sheet(s) and Board Certificate(s) including 10th class exam.
- Degree Holders will produce Their Provisional Degree Certificate end / or Original Degree Certificate.
- Mandatory Documents :
- Original and two Xerox copies of Nativity / Permanent Residential Certificate issued by District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate ( Gen ) / sub Divisional officer ( SDO ) with passport size photograph of candidate affixed and duly attested by issuing authority with designation / round stamp.
- In the case of non Bengali candidates. Original two Xerox copies of Domicile / Nativity certificate is required to be issued by the District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate ( General ) / Sub Divisional Officer as per rules applicable in respective districts with round and designation stamp.
- Original and two Xerox copies of Character Certificate duly endorsed unmarried if below 21 years of passport size photograph of candidate affixed and duly attested by Gram Pradhan / Chairman of Municipality with designation / round stamp ( Not more than six months old ).
- Original and two Xerox copies of Caste Certificate issued by Sub Divisional Officer ( SDO ) for Schedule Tribe ( Adivasi ) candidates only.
- All candidates or candidates those who have studied in CBSE or any other Board with first language as Hindi / any other language will produce original and Xerox copy of Domicile Nativity certificate issued by the District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate ( Gen ) / Sub Divisional Officer ( SDO ) with passport size Photograph of candidate affixed and duly attested by issuing authority with designation / round stamp. Birth Certificate will also invariably be carried by these candidates for checking / scrutiny and veracity.
- Discharge Book :
- Original and Xerox copy of Discharge Book and Relationship Certificate issued by concerned Record Office and signed by CRO / SRO / any Record Officer with Personal number. Rank, Name and Appointment with affixed office round stamp in case of Son servicemen, Ex-servicemen and War Widows of Army Personal is mandatory at the time of Screening / Registration. ( Relationship certificate from Zila Salnik Board will not be accepted ).
- Miscellaneous Documents :
- Original and Xerox copy of NCC A, B and C Certificate if held in new format with photo affixed and attested by issuing authority with designation / round stamp ( wef 01 Apr 2008, Provisional NCC certificate will be acceptable till original certificates are made availabe.
- Original and Xerox copy of Sports Certificate.
- Photocopy of Pan Card and Adhar Card.
- Outsider Sanction : Outsider sanction is applicable for sons of those Ex-Servicemen / Headquarters as applicable. This is mandatory in all cases.
- Twenty two copies of latest passport size & five stamp size colour photographs in white shirt with sky-blue background ( unattested ) with negative not more than three months old and 05 Nos of stamp size colour photographs. Black & white and computer photographs will not be accepted.
- Re-Enrolment into DSC : Candidates will be in possession of original Discharge Book. 20 passport size photographs, educational certificate, character certificate, single wife certificate, residential certificate and extended AGI certificate.
Note : All Xerox copies will be attested by Gazetted officials / authorised Govt officials only.
Selection Procedure for Indian Army Recruitment Rally Soldier 2014 :
8. Candidates meeting the laid down physical measurement standards and in possession of documents as given in para 7 above will undergo physical fitness test and detailed documents check. Candidates will be awarded marks in the Physical Fitness Test ( PFT ) as per details given below :
|a.||1.6 Kilometer Run ( for Sol Clk / SKT & Sol Tech )|
|i.||5.40 Mins and below||Group I||60|
|ii.||5.41 to 5.50 Mins||Group II||48|
|iii.||5.51 to 6.05 Mins||Group III||36|
|iv.||6.06 to 6.20 Mins||Group IV||24|
|b.||1.6 Kiometers Run ( For Sol GD category )|
|i.||5.40 Mins and below||Group I||60|
|ii.||5.41 to 6.00 Mins||Group II||48|
|i.||10 Nos and above||40|
|d.||Max Marks of PFT - 100|
|e.||9 Feet Ditch : Should qualify and no marks are awarded.|
|f.||Zia Zaa Balance : Should qualify and no marks are awarded|
Note : The above are minimum prescribed standards and do not guarantee selection as a right to candidates achieving them, since selection is based on performance higher than the minimum la d down, with a view to select.
9. Candidates who qualify in the physical fitness tests will be screened for physical measurement and documentation on the same day.
Medical Examination for Indian Army Recruitment Rally Soldier 2014 :
10. Successful candidates as at para 9 above will be medically examined as per programme given at ser 1(h) above. Candidates are advised to take actions before appearing for medical examination :
- Get Ear wax cleaned.
- Treatment for Hernia, Hydrocele and Skin diseases etc be taken prior to reporting for rally.
- Body hair should be shaved / trimmed.
11. Candidates with a small engraving / tattoo of name of religious / tribal symbol on the inner face of the arms or hands is permitted for enrolment in army. However, candidates having permanent tattoos on any other part of the body are debarred for recruitment in the army.
Common Entrance Exam :
12. Candidates who are declared medically fit will be required to appear for the written examination to be held on 01 Feb 2015 and on subsequent dates as notified / displayed at Army Recruiting Office, Barrackpore ( WB ). All candidates are required to report with their admit card on the exam day at 0500h.
13. Details of examination to be conducted are as under :
|Cat||Total Marks||Duration||Composition of Question papers|
|Soldier General Duty||100||1 hour||General Knowledge - 30% General Science - 40% and Mathematics - 30%|
|Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical||200||1 hour||General Knowledge and General Science 20% English - 50% Mathematics - 15% Computer - 15%|
|Soldier Technical, Soldier ( Nursing Assistant ) & Soldier ( Nursing Assistant Veterinary )||200||1 hour||General Knowledge - 20% Physics - 30% Mathematics - 30% Chemistry - 20%|
Note : The Candidates are advised to prepare well for the examination as many appear but fail due to inadequate preparation, Syllabus for each category and Model Question Papers are displayed in ARO, Barrackpore complex and candidates are welcome to peruse them between 0900h – 1300h on all working days.
14. Negative Marking : The under mentioned negative marking system would be applied in the Common Entrance Exam ( CEE ) for categories as under :
- For Soldier General Duty :
- 2 marks for every right answer.
- 1/2 negative mark for every wrong answer.
- 0 mark for answer left blank.
- For Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical : Soldier Technical Soldier Technical, Soldier ( Nursing Assistant ) & Soldier ( Nursing Assistant Veterinary ) :
- 04 marks for every right answer.
- 1.0 negative mark for every wrong answer.
- 0 for answer left blank.
15. Doping Control : Candidates are liable to be screened for use of physical performance enhancing drugs during recruitment rally.
16. Caution : Prior to dispatch a thorough verification of all submitted documents are carried out for genuineness from issuing authorities. The selection of candidate is provisional until all dispatch formalities are completed, not withstanding his passing successive rally stages, and will remain provisional until he is physically dispatched to the nominated training centres by Army Recruiting Office.
Law and Order :
17. The Superintendent of Police / Addl Superintendent of Police is requested to provide a suitable Police Force and intelligence staff under SDPO / DSP rank Officer for law and order / crowd control / any untoward incident and action against touts on all days of the rally.
18. An Executive Magistrate be also nominated by the District Magistrate to attend on each day of the rally from 09 Dec to 14 Dec 2014 at JK College, Purulia.
19. A dedicated Nodal / Coordinating Officer ( Dy Magistrate rank ) and staff be assigned to this Army Recruiting Staff for organizing arrangements at the Rally site and be made available on each day of the rally to help them for smooth conduct of duties at the rally site.
Medical Cover :
20. The District Magistrate, Purulia is requested to nominate a Medical Officer accompanied by a Medical Attendant and Ambulance on all days of the rally for medical cover of the candidate.
Enrolment of Orphan :
21. Orphans fulfilling the educational and physical requirements can appear for recruitment rally as per schedule of their districts.
Warning against Touts and Antisocial Elements :
22. Army Recruitment organizations are committed to provide fair and impartial recruitment to all candidates irrespective of their class, caste or creed. The recruitment in Army is a free service and candidates should be advised not to fall prey to touts / anti social elements who cannot influence recruitment in any way. Any harassment by touts / antisocial elements should be reported to the undersigned in person Immediately. Candidature of a candidate will be considered null and void if found involved with touting activities or for submission of fake / forged documents or impersonation at any stage.
Crowd Control :
23. It is seen that due to the presence of accompanying parents / friends with the candidates a lot of overcrowding takes place at the venue of the rally. To avoid such overcrowding only candidates will be permitted to enter the rally site and parents / friends may please be informed not to accompany the candidates.
24. You are requested to give wide publicity in your area of jurisdiction so that maximum candidates can derive benefit from the rally. The recruitment into the Army is a free service and candidates may please be warned to be aware of the nefarious designs of touts and anti – social elements.