Indian Army Junior Commissioned Officer ( Catering ) Recruitment 2014
1. Indian Army invites applications from candidates for recruitment as Junior Commissioned Officer ( Catering ) in the Army who fulfill the following eligibility criteria :
2. Indian Army JCO Catering Eligibility 2014 :
- Age Limit for Indian Army JCO Catering 2014 : 21 to 27 years as on first day of Recruitment Rally.
- Indian Army JCO Catering 2014 Educational Qualifications :
- 10 +2 or equivalent from any education board recognized by Council of Board of School Education in India. Candidates should have working knowledge of either English or Hindi or both.
- Diploma / Certificate course of a duration of one year or more in Cookery / Hotel Management and Catering Technology from a recognized University Food Craft Institute. AICTE recognition is not mandatory.
- Number of Vacancies in Indian Army JCO Catering 2014 : 07 ( seven ).
3. Indian Army JCO Catering Physical Standards 2014 : Minimum physical standards will be as applicable to the Soldier ( General Duty ) category. These vary depending upon the region of the country. The country has been divided into six regions, e.g Western Himalayan Region, Eastern Himalayan Region, Western Plains Region, Eastern Plains Region, Central Region and Southern Region. The details can be obtained from the nearest HQ Recruiting Zone / Army Recruitment Office / IRO.
4. Mode of Recruitment for Indian Army JCO Catering 2014 :
- Indian Army JCO Catering Screening 2014 : Screening of candidates will be carried out from 23 – 25 Mar 2014 at Army Supply Corps Centre and College ( South ), Bangalore.
- Indian Army JCO Catering Physical Fitness Test 2014 : Physical fitness test applicable are as follows :
- 1.6 km run in maximum 6.20 minutes.
- Pull ups ( Beam ) – minimum of 6.
- Balance – Qualify.
- 9 Feet ditch – Qualify.
5. Indian Army JCO Catering Medical Standard 2014 : A candidate should have robust physique and mental health, chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cm expansion, should have normal hearing with each ear. Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth, i.e. 14 dental points.
Should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele, varicose veins or piles. Candidates may contact nearest recruiting office / zones given in para 14 of the advertisement for existing rules on medical standards.
6. Indian Army JCO Catering Written Examination 2014 :
Only those candidates selected in the screening will be permitted to appear in the written examination which will be conducted only at Army Supply Corps Centre and College ( South ), Bangalore on 27 Mar 2014. The written examination will be of two hours. The exam will comprise of one composite question paper of 100 marks. Minimum pass marks is 40.
7. Result of the written examination and names of successful candidates shortlisted for interview along with the date and time of interview will be communicated in situ and list will also be displayed at Army Supply Corps Centre and College ( South ), Bangalore on 31 Mar 2014.
8. Indian Army JCO Catering Interview 2014 :
- The candidates declared successful in the written examination will be shortlisted to appear for interview at Army Supply Corps Centre and College ( South ), Bangalore on 01 – 02 Apr 2014. Those who qualify in interview and are placed in the overall merit list will be selected provisionally for the post of JCO Catering.
- Candidates who are serving with any organization and are selected for the interview will produce “Non Encumbrance Certificate” from their employee and submit it to Army Supply Crops Centre and College ( South ), Bangalore before the interview.
Indian Army JCO Catering Medical Examination 2014
9. Candidates who qualify in the interview will require to undergo a medical examination wef 03 – 07 Apr 2014 in ASC Centre (S) Bangalore. The candidates should be in Med Category Shape I in term of special Army Order 6/S/2005/Rtg dt 05 Aug 2005 and as amended from time to time.
Terms of Enrolment :
10. Selected candidates will be commissioned as Naib Subedar ( Group Y ) after completion of Military and Technical Training.
11. Pay, Allowances and Perks : On completion of training the JCO ( Catering ) will be placed at the minimum pay scale of 9300 – 34800. In addition they will be entitled to DA, free accommodation, entitled ration for self, uniform, free medical and leave travel concession for self, family and dependents, canteen facilities and other allowances as admissible to the regular Army.
Submission of Indian Army JCO Catering Application 2014 :
12. Candidates are required to submit their Application Form duly filled as per the format along with all required documents duly superscribed “Application for Junior Commissioned Officer ( Catering )” on the top outer cover of the envelope to Army Supply Corps Centre and College ( South ), Post – Agram, Bangalore, Pin – 560 007. Last date of submission of application is 11 Jan 2014. Application forwarded to any other address / HQ Rtg Zone will be rejected.
- All above terms and conditions, vacancies and selection procedures are subject to change from time to time.
- List of recognized universities can be verified from nearest HQ Recruiting Zone / ARO / IRO Delhi Cantonment.
- Only male candidates are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are serving with any organization and are selected for interview will produce “No Objection Certificate” at ASC Centre ( South ) Bangalore before dispatch.
- The candidates will be responsible for non receipt of communication due to postal errors and incorrect / incomplete address furnished by them.
- The candidates are required to produce the following documents, when called for screening :
- Character certificate by sarpanch of the village or authorized signatory of the State Government.
- Domicile / Resident / Nativity certificate from the authorized signatory of the State Government.
- Original certificate from matriculation onward and detailed mark sheet of each year separately pertaining to educational qualification.
- NCC certificate in original, if applicable.
- Relationship certificate in original for Son of serviceman / Ex-servicemen, son of war widow / son of widow, if applicable ( issued by concerned record office ).
7. Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e, from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos are any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
Last date for receipt of application : 11 Jan 2014.