Indian Army Junior Commissioned Officer ( Catering ) Recruitment 2012
1. Indian Army invites applications from candidates for recruitment as Junior Commissioned Officer ( Catering ) in the Army who fulfill the following eligibility criteria :
2. Eligibility :
- Age Limit for Indian Army 2012 : 21 to 27 years as on first day of Recruitment Rally.
- Indian Army Recruitment 2012 Educational Qualifications :
- 10 +2 or equivalent from any education board recognized by Council of Board of School Education in India. Candidates should have working knowledge of either English or Hindi or both.
- Diploma / Certificate course of a duration of one year or more in Cookery / Hotel Management and Catering Technology from a recognized Food Craft Institute / University. AICTE recognition is not mandatory.
- Number of Vacancies in Indian Army : 05 ( five ).
3. Physical Standards in Indian Army : Minimum physical standards will be as applicable to the Soldier ( General Duty ) category. These vary depending upon the region of the country. The country has been divided into six regions, e.g Western Himalayan Region, Eastern Himalayan Region, Western Plains Region, Eastern Plains Region, Central Region and Southern Region. The details can be obtained from the nearest HQ Recruiting Zone / Army Recruitment Office / IRO.
4. Mode of Recruitment for Indian Army :
- Screening : Screening of candidates will be carried out from 15 – 18 Jan 2013 at Army Supply Corps Centre ( South ), Bangalore.
- Physical Fitness Test : Physical fitness test applicable are as follows :
- 1.6 km run in maximum 6.20 minutes.
- Pull ups ( Beam ) – minimum of 6.
- Balance – Qualify.
- 9 Feet ditch – Qualify.
5. Indian Army Medical Standard : A candidate should have robust physique and mental health, chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cm expansion, should have normal hearing with each ear. Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth, i.e. 14 dental points.
Should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele, varicose veins or piles. Candidates may contact nearest recruiting office / zones given in para 14 of the advertisement for existing rules on medical standards.
6. Indian Army Written Examination 2012 :
Only those candidates selected in the screening will be permitted to appear in the written examination which will be conducted only at Army Supply Corps Centre ( South ), Bangalore on 21 Jan 2013. The written examination will be of two hours. The exam will comprise of one composite question paper of 100 marks. Min pass marks is 40.
7. Result of the written examination and names of successful candidates shortlisted for interview along with the date and time of interview will be communicated in situ and list will also be displayed at any Supply Corps Centre ( South ), Bangalore 28 Jan 13.
8. Interview :
- The candidates declared successful in the written examination will be shortlisted to appear for interview at Army Supply Corps Centre ( South ), Bangalore on 29 – 30 Jan 2013. Those who qualify in interview and are placed in the overall merit list will be selected provisionally for the post of JCO Catering.
- Candidates who are serving with any organization and are selected for the interview will produce “Non Encumbrance Certificate” from their employee and submit it to Army Supply Crops Centre ( South ), Bangalore before the interview.
9. Candidates who qualify in the interview will require to undergo a medical examination wef 31 Jan to 05 Feb 13 in ASC Centre (S) Bangalore. The candidates should be in Med Category Shape I in term of special Army Order 6/S/2005/Rtg dt 05 Aug 2005 and as amended from time to time.
Terms of Enrolment :
10. Selected candidates will be commissioned as Naib Subedar ( Group Y ) after completion of Military and Technical Training.
11. Pay, Allowances and Perks : On completion of training the JCO ( Catering ) will be placed at the minimum pay scale of 9300 – 34800. In addition they will be entitled to DA, free accommodation, entitled ration for self, uniform, free medical and leave travel concession for self, family and dependents, canteen facilities and other allowances as admissible to the regular Army.
Submission of Indian Army Application :
12. Candidates are required to submit their Application Form duly filled as per the format along with all required documents duly superscribed “Application for Junior Commissioned Officer ( Catering )” on the top outer cover of the envelope to Army Supply Corps Centre ( South ), Bangalore. Last date of submission of application is 17 Nov 2012. Application forwarded to any other address / HQ Rtg Zone will be rejected.
13. Candidates are advised to contact the nearest Recruiting Office for further details.
- All above terms and conditions, vacancies and selection procedures are subject to change from time to time.
- List of recognized universities can be verified from nearest HQ Recruiting Zone / ARO / IRO Delhi Cantt.
- Only male candidates are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are serving with any organization and are selected for interview will produce “No Objection Certificate” at ASC Centre ( South ) Bangalore before dispatch.
- The candidates for non receipt of communication due to postal errors and incorrect / incomplete address furnished by the candidates.
- The candidates are required to produce the following documents, when called for screening :
- Character certificate by sarpanch of the village or authorized signatory of the State Government.
- Domicile / Resident / Nativity certificate from the authorized signatory of the State Government.
- Original certificate from matriculation onward and detailed mark sheet of each year separately pertaining to educational qualification.
- NCC certificate in original, if applicable.
- Son of serviceman / Ex-servicemen, son of war widow / son of widow, certificate in original if applicable ( issued by concerned record office ).
7. Individuals with permanent tattoos on any part of the body less inner face of the forearm ( inside of elbow to the wrist ) and back ( dorsal ) part of the hand / reverse side of palm are not eligible for recruitment.
Postal Address of Headquarters Recruiting Zones :
|1. HQ Rtg Zone|
Chander shekhar Marg
Ambala Cantt - 133 001
( For Haryana and HP )
|2. HQ Rtg Zone 148,|
Fd Marshal KM Kariappa Road,
Bangalore - 560 025
( For Karnataka, Kerala and Lakshwadeep ).
|3. HQ Rtg Zone
Fort Saint George
Chennai - 600 009
( For Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Pondicheri & AN Islands ).
|4. HQ Rtg Zone|
Danapur Cantt - 801 503
( For Bihar & Jharkhand )
|5. IRO Delhi|
Cantt - 110 010
( For Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad & Mewat Dist of Haryana ).
|6. HQ Rtg Zone
T-23, Ridge Road
Jabalpur - 482 001
( For MP & Chattisgarh )
|7. HQ Rtg Zone|
Post Box No 35
Jaipur ( Raj ) - 302 016
( For Rajasthan ).
|8. HQ Rtg Zone|
Cantt - 144 005
( For Punjab and J&K )
|9. HQ Rtg Zone1,
Kolkata - 700020.
( For W.Bengal, Sikkim & Orissa ).
|10. HQ Rtg Zone|
236, M.G Road
Cantt - 226 002.
( For Uttar Pradesh & Uttarakhand ).
|11. HQ Rtg Zone|
3, Rajender Singhji
Road Pune - 410 001.
( For Maharashtra, Goa, Gujarat and UT of Diu & Daman ).
|12. HQ Rtg Zone
Shillong - 793 001
( For NE States ).
Last date for receipt of application : 17 Nov 2012.