Indian Army Recruitment of Havildar
- Indian Army Recruitment invites applications from male candidates for recruitment to the post of Surveyor Automated Cartographer (Svy.Auto Carto) in the Army as Havildars in the Corps of Engineers :
- Eligibility for Indian Army 2010 :
- Age Limit : 20 to 25 years as on 11 Oct 2010 (Date of enrolment).
- Educational Qualification : The Minimum educational qualification for appointment will be BA / B.Sc with Mathematics, having passed 12th Class (10+2) or equivalent with Science and Mathematics as main subjects from a Recognised Board / University.
- Indian Army Medical Standard : A candidate should have robust physique and mental health. Chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cm. expansion. Should have normal hearing with each ear. Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth, i.e. 14 dental points. Should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele, varicose veins or piles. Should be in medical category SHAPE-1 in terms of Special Army Order 6/S/2005/ Rtg dt 05 Aug 2005 as ammended from time to time.
- Minimum Physical Standards : Minimum physical standards will be as applicable to the Soldier General Duty category and these vary depending upon the region of the country. The country has been divided into six regions, e.g Western Himalayan Region, Eastern Himalayan Region. Western Plains Region, Eastern Plains Region, Central Region and Southern Region. The details can be obtained from the nearest HQ Recruiting Zone / Army Recruitment Office.
- Selection Procedure for Indian Army Jobs :
- The recruitment will be effected through all the HQ Recruiting Zones, IRO, Delhi Cantt, and Gorkha Recruiting Depot, Kunraghat, Gorakhpur (UP). The candidates may apply at any one of the HQ Recruiting Zones, IRO, Delhi Cantt, or Gorkha Recruiting Depot, Kunraghat, Gorakhpur (UP).
- Submission of Applications : Duly filled in application as per the format given in the advertisement be submitted to reach latest by 29 May 2010 along with the required documents duly superscribed “Application for Surveyor Automated Cartographer” on the top outer cover of the envelope to the respective HQ Recruiting Zones / IRO, Delhi Cantt,. or Gorkha Recruiting Depot, Kunraghat, Gorakhpur (UP) of which the candidate is domicile of and that he has to appear for the written examination from the same HQ Recruiting Zone / IRO, Delhi Cantt, or Gorkha Recruiting Depot, Kunraghat, Gorakhpur (UP). Postal Addresses of Headquarters Recruiting Zones / IRO, Delhi Cantt or Gorkha Recruiting Depot, Kunraghat, Gorakhpur (UP) are given in para 9 below.
- Application submitted to the Headquarter Recruiting Zone of which the candidate is not domicile of will be Rejected.
- Enclose two self addressed stamped Registered envelopes issued by the Department of Post & Telegraph giving your present address on which the acknowledgement / call up notice / rejection slip is to be sent.
- Candidates found eligible in all respects will be issued call up letters by the concerned Recruiting offices for initial screening which will include checking of original certificates, physical fitness and medical examinations.
- The screened and found eligible candidates will be put through written examination which will be conducted on 25 July 2010 and will comprise of two.
Paper Subject Max Marks Pass Marks Time 1 Mathematics 100 40% 1000 hrs to 1230 hrs 2 (i) Physics 50 40% 1330 hrs to 1600 hrs (ii) Chemistry 50 40%
Note : To pass, a candidate has to secure a minimum of 40% marks in each paper.
The paper may be answered in English or Hindi.
- Candidates are advised to contact the nearest Recruiting Office for further details.
Total Number of Vacancies in Indian Army :
- A total of 20 vacancies will be filled in. Training and Appointment.
- Selected candidates will undergo 19 weeks of basic military training at Bengal Engineer Group and Centre, Roorkee. On successful completion of training, the candidates will be enrolled in the rank of Havildar (Svy Auto Carto).
- Further promotion to the rank of a JCO will be considered after fulfilling laid down criteria.
Indian Army Pay and Allowances :
- On completion of sucessful training you will be placed in the Pay Band-1 (5200-20200) as per 6th Pay Commission. You will also be entitled to Grade Pay (2800) + Millitary Service Pay (2000) + X Group Pay (1400) per month.
In addition to the above you will be entitled to DA, Authorised accommodation, authorised ration for self, Authorised medical and travel concession for self, family and dependents.
- In addition to the above, liberal pension, promotion prospects, Group Insurance, Army Welfare Housing Scheme, 60 days Annual leave and 30 days Casual Leave, is entitled as admissible to the regular Army.
- Postal Address of Headquarters Recruiting Zones :
|1. HQ Rtg Zone|
Ambala Cantt - 133001
(For Haryana and Himachal Pradesh)
|2. HQ Rtg Zone 148,|
Fd Marshal KM Kanappa Road,
Bangalore - 560025
(For Karnataka, Kerala and Lakshwadeep)
|3. HQ Rtg Zone
Fort Saint George Chennai-600009
(For Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesn Pondicheri & AN Islands)
|4. HQ Rtg Zone|
Cantt - 801503
(For Bihar & Jharkhand)
|5. IRO Delhi Cantt - 110010|
(For Delhi. Gurgaon. Faridabad & Mewat Dist. of Haryana)
|6. HQ Rtg Zone
T-23, Ridge Road
(For Madhya Pradesh & Chattisgarh)
|7. HQ Rtg Zone|
Post Box No 35
Jaipur (Raj) - 302016
|8. HQ Rtg Zone|
(For Punjab and J & K)
|9. HQ Rtg Zone1,
(For W Bengal, Sikkim & Orissa)
|10. HQ Rtg Zone 236,|
M G Road Lucknow
Cantt - 226002
(For Utter Pradesh & Uttrakhand)
|11. HQ Rtg Zone|
3, Rajender Singhji Road
Pune - 410001
|12. HQ Rtg Zone
Shillong - 793001
(For NE States) (For Maharashtra, Goa, Gujarat and UT of Diu & Daman)
|13. Gorkha Recruiting Depot Kunraghat
Gorakhpur - 273008 (UP)