13. Online Application Form for Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme 33rd Course 2013 – Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme 33rd Course
- Apply on plain paper as per the format given in the Indian Army Short Service Commission advertisement, duly typed.
- Applications for Indian Army should be posted to the nearest OC, NCC unit from where NCC ‘C’ certificate has been issued.
- Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme 2013 applications of candidates serving in the SSC Indian Armed Forces duly counter-signed by Commanding Officer should be sent to the OC, NCC unit from where NCC’ ‘C’ certificate has been issued and advance copy be sent direct to the following address DG NCC West Block- IV, RK Puram, New Delhi – 110 066.
- All NCC units will forward the Indian Army Online applications to DDG, NCC of the concerned state.
- Additional directorate general of recruiting ( Rtg 6 ), Integrated headquarters of Ministry of Defence ( Army ), reserves the right to shortlist Indian Army Online applications on the basis of grade obtained by the candidates in NCC ‘C’ certificate examination / percentage of marks in degree examinations.
- DDG, NCC states will process all SSC Indian Army Online applications and forward them to Dte Gen NCC. Special emphasis will be laid on the following points :
- Check date of birth from class X certificate,
- Check Degree / Provisional degree is from a university recognized by AIU.
- Check marks sheets of all years and ensure that candidate has minimum 50% marks in the aggregate for all three years and in case of third year students 50% marks in aggregate for two years.
- Check NCC ‘C’ certificate with minimum ‘B’ Grading.
- The last date for receipt of SSC Indian Army Online applications is as under :
- Last date for receipt of Indian Army Online application at NCC Bn / Gp HQ 01 Aug 2012.
- Last date for receipt of Indian Army Online application at Rtg Dte from Dte Gen NCC 01 Oct 2012.
14. SSC Indian Army Online applications received after due date will neither be opened nor be entertained.
15. The Short Service Commission Indian Army offers you
a. Indian Army Pay Scale : The promotion from lieutenant to lieutenant colonel is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfilment of requisite service conditions. The pay scale and promotion criteria is as under :
|Rank||Pay Bands / Scale||Grade Pay||Msp|
|Lieutenant||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||5400||6000|
|Captian||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||6100||6000|
|Major||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||6600||6000|
|LT Colonel||PB - 4 / 37400 - 67000||8000||6000|
|Colonel||PB - 4 / 37400 - 67000||8700||6000|
|Brigadier||PB - 4 / 37400 - 67000||8900||6000|
|Major General||PB - 4 / 37400 - 67000||10000||Nil|
|LT General / Hag Scale||67000 - ( annual increment @ 3% ) - 79000||Nil||Nil|
|HAG + Scale * |
*Admissible to 1 / 3rd of total strength of Lt Gens
|75500 - ( annual increment @ 3% ) - 80000||Nil||Nil|
|VCOAS / Army Cdr / Lt Gen ( NFSG )||80000 ( fixed )||Nil||Nil|
|COAS||90000 ( fixed )||Nil||Nil|
b. Allowances as Applicable in Indian Army: The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as under :
|Allowances||To whom Applicable||Rates|
|Fd Area Allowance||Officers posted to Fd area||4200/- PM|
|High Altitude / Uncongentel Climate||Officers posted in high altitude / uncongentel climate||11200/- PM|
|Siachean||Officers posted in siachen||14000/- PM|
|Flying Allowance||Officers posted as army aviators||9000/- PM|
|Parachute Allowance||Officers posted in active parachute BN / Regt||1200/- PM|
|Special Forces Allowance||Officers posted in special forces||9000/- PM|
|Transport Allowance||Officers posted in peace station|| 3200/- + DA PM in A1 / A cities and
1600 + DA PM at other cities.
|House Rent Allowance||To Officers not provided Govt accoomodation||10-30% of Basic pay ( Pay band +Grade Pay + MSP )|
|Kit Maint Allowance||All Officers||400/- PM|
|Uniform Allowance ( Outfit Allowance )||All Officers||Initial 14000/- and 3000/- every 3 years.|
|Qualification pay / Grant for Service Courses||All Officers undergoing specified courses||6000 to 20000/-|
|Instructional Allowance||All Officers posted as instructors||1800/-|
Note : In the case of allowances specific to Defence Forces, the rates of these allowances have been further enhanced by 25% as dearness allowance has gone up by 50%.
16. Cost to Company ( CTC ) of Indian Army Officers : The CTC for a lieutenant would be approximately 63725/- per month. This includes Basic pay, DA, Grade pay, Military service pay, House rent allowance and Transport allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
17. Privileges Indian Army Officer : In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Army provide free medical facilities for self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled ration, Mess / Club / Sports facilities, Furnished Govt accommodation, Car / Housing loan at subsidised rate.
18. Group Insurance and Gratuity : The Gentleman cadets of OTA in receipt of stipend are ensured for 40 lac w.e.f. 01 Apr 2011. Those who get medically boarded out of academy on account of disability, the disability cover provided for 100% disability will be 20 lac which is proportionately reduced upto 4 lac for 20% disability. However, for less than 20% disability, only an ex gratia grant of 50,000/- will be paid. Disability due to alcoholism, drug addiction and due to the deseases of pre enrolment origin will not qualify for disability benefits and ex gratia grant. In addition, gentleman cadet withdrawn on disciplinary ground, expelled as an undesirable or voluntarily leaving the academy will also not be eligible for disability benefits and ex gratia. Subscription at the rate of 4,000/- will have to be paid in advance on monthly basis by the gentleman cadets in receipt of stipend and will become members of the main army group insurance scheme as applicable to regular SSC Indian Army Officers. Gratuity will be granted to the officers as per the latest rules in force.
19. Leave Entitlements : On Short Service Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year ( subject to service exigencies ). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel ( as per extant rules ) for self and family. Leave during training period will be as per the training policy in force.
20. Sports and Adventure : The Short Service Commission Indian Army provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, ountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, horse riding etc.
21. Stipend / Pay During Training at OTA : During the period of training the candidates will be given a stipend or 21,000/- P.M. ( 15,600/- as pay in pay band plus grade pay 5,400/- ). On completion of training. Officers are Short Service Commissioned as Lt and entitled to the pay scale as given in para above.
22. The final allotment of Arms / Service / Corps at the time of passing out will be the sole discretion of Integrated HQ, Min of Defence ( Army ) keeping in view the existing policy. No representation is tenable on this account.
23. Change in Indian Army SSB Interview Dates :
- Request for change of SSB interview dates will not be accepted. However under most unavoidable circumstances such a change may be considered based on the circumstances of the case. This will be an exception rather than the rule. Requests for such change duly supported by a certificate from Government Gazetted Officer should be sent to the selection centre from where the call-up letter for Indian Army SSB interview has been received and not to additional Directorate General of Recruiting.
- Candidates failing to intimate the reasons for not attending Indian Army SSB interview on the due date, to the selection centre from where the call up letter was received, will not be afforded any further chance to attend Indian Army SSB interview.
- No request for change of Indian Army SSB interview centre will be entertained under any circumstances.
24. Important Instructions for Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme 2013 :
- In case the provisional degree certificate / mark sheets do not indicate clearly the maximum marks and marks obtained for all the years, a certificate from university / college duly signed by the controller of exams / principal must be enclosed stating that “Mr / Miss ________ has obtained _________ marks out of _________ marks as aggregate in the degree examinations taking all the years marks into account”. In such cases if this certificate is not found enclosed, the application will he rejected.
- Any change in your postal address after submission of Indian Army 2012 application must be communicated by post duly quoting your roll no. , name and course opted for.
25. Common Mistakes Resulting in Rejection of Applications for Indian Army :
- Photographs are not attested.
- Percentage below 50%.
- Application for Indian Army incomplete in any respect and or / without copies of requisite certificates will be rejected summarily. Documents whatsoever submitted at a later stage will not be acted upon. No correspondence will be entertained by NCC / Rtg Dte in this regard.
- Variation ( if any ) in names and spellings as recorded in matriculation or equivalent certificate and graduation certificate should be supported by an affidavit.
- Copies of certificates are not found attested.
- Certified true copies of matric or equivalent certificates are not found enclosed with applications for Indian Army NCC Special Entry 2013 Course ( for verification of age ). No other certificate is valid for authentication of age.
- Application for Indian Army not received on due date.
- Candidates who submit more than one application for Indian Army will be disqualified for Indian Army NCC course as well as from applying for Short Service Commission in the army in future,
- Any ambiguity / erasure / unattested cutting / false information / concealment of information detected at any stage of selection in above certificates / application will result in the cancellation of the candidature.
26. Place of Indian Army SSBs will be displayed on army website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
27. Format of Online application form given on Indian Army website is also acceptable.
28. For queries contact recruiting directorate telephone No. : ( 011 ) 26173215 Fax No. : 26196205 between 1400 to 1700 hrs.
website : www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
Note : For all querries regarding allotment of centres, date of Indian Army interview, merit list, joining instructions and any other relevant informations regarding selection process, Please visit Indian Army website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in