Indian Army JCO ( Religious Teachers ) Recruitment Visakhapatnam RRT 74, 75 and 76 Course 2014
Army Recruiting Office,
Visakhapatnam – 530 004.
Recruitment of Junior Commissioned Officer ( Religious Teacher ) RRT – 74, 75 and 76 Course.
1. Indian Army JCO applications are invited from male candidates for recruitment in the Army as Junior Commissioned Officer ( Religious Teacher ). Candidates hailing from Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari and Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh and Yanam ( UT of Puducherry ) may apply to Army Recruiting Office, Station Road, Visakhapatnam – 530 004.
2. Eligibility Criteria for Indian Army JCO Religious Teacher Recruitment 2014
- Age : The age of candidate must not be below 27 years and over 34 years for civilian candidates and between 25 years to 34 years for re-mustered candidate ( Serving Army Personnel ) as on 10 Feb 2014. Candidate below the age of 21 years, if married are not eligible to apply.
- Education Qualification :The minimum educational qualification for appointment will be graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. In addition to this candidates must also possess one of the following qualifications according to the religious denomination of the individuals :
- Pandit : Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi or equivalent standard in regional language concerned. Those who have passed BA with Sanskrit / Hindi as one of the elective ( main ) subject, but not done Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi are also eligible.
- Maulvi : Maulvi Alim in Arabic, Adib Alim in Urdu or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned. Those who have passed B.A with Arabic / Urdu as one of the elective ( main ) subjects, but have not done Maulvi Alim in Arabic or Adib Alim in Urdu are also eligible.
- Padre : Any person who has been ordained is priest by the appropriate ecclesiastical authority and is still on the approved list of the local Bishop.
- Culture : Candidate should belong to the culture of the appropriate religious denomination and religious qualification acceptable to the troops.
- Medical Standard : A candidate should have robust physique and mental held, chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cm expansion, should have normal hearing with each ear. Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth, i.e 14 dental points. Should not be suffering from any diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele, varicose veins or piles. The candidate will be screened for medical fitness by a team of Army doctors. Candidates who are declared medically Unfit either Temporary / permanent can appeal for review to nominated Army / Navy / Air force hospitals with in stipulated time. They will however be permitted to appear in the written test. Only those candidates found medically Fit will be called for interview. The candidates may contact nearest recruiting office / zones for existing rules on medical standards.
- Physical Standard :
- Height – 160 Cms
- Weight – 50 Kgs
- Chest – Min 77 Cms and expansion 5 Cms
- Physical Fitness Test : Physical Fitness Test, Physical Measurement Test and Medical screening of the Candidates will be carried by Recruiting Office ( HQ ), Chennai w.e.f 10 Feb 2014 to 15 Feb 2014. The candidates hailing from Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari and Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh and Yanam ( UT of Puducherry ) who have been found fit in initial screening based on the application submitted by them will are issued ‘Call Up Letter’ and they will be required to appear in the screening test at recruitment rally organised by Recruiting Office ( HQ ), Chennai at Tiruvannamalai ( TN ) from 10-18 Feb 2014. The physical proficiency test and the qualifying standards are as enumerated against each :
- 1.6 Km Run – 8 minutes ( maximum permissible time ).
- Pull ups ( Beam ) – 06 ( Minimum )
- Balance – Qualify
- 9 feet ditch – Qualify
7. Bonus marks : Bonus marks to eligible candidates ( SOS / SOEX / SOW / NCC ) will be given as applicable on submission of supporting documents.
8. Photocopies of the following documents duly attested by a Gazetted officer with official stamp will be attached with the application form :
- SSC Certificate and SSC Mark Sheet.
- Intermediate ( 10+2 ) certificate.
- B.A / B.Sc / B.Ed / M.Ed / M.A. mark sheet ( separately for each year ).
- Nativity certificate issued by Me-SEVA / Tehsildar having SSID number.
- Character certificate by Sarpanch of village or authorized designatory of the State Government.
- NCC Certificate, if any.
- In case of SOS / SOEX / SOW, ‘Relationship Certificate’ issued from concerned record office duly signed by the CRO / SRO as per latest format.
9. Submission of Indian Army JCO Religious Teachers Application 2014 : The application form as per format duly completed in all respect alongwith all relevant documents with two registered self addressed envelopes duly affixed with appropriate denomination postal stamps issued by the Department of Post & Telegraph giving your present address with Pin Code on which the acknowledgment / Call up notice / rejection slip is to be sent to Army Recruitment Office, Station Road, Visakhapatnam – 530 004 so as to reach latest by 27 Dec 2013. The application should be marked as “Application for JCO ( RT ) Course RRT 74, 75 & 76 )” on the top of the envelope.
10. The last date of receipt of applications at Army Recruitment Office, Station Road, Visakhapatnam – 530 004 is 27 Dec 2013. Applications received after 27 Dec 2013 will not be considered. Application of candidates who are not native of Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari and Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh and Yanam ( UT of Puducherry ) will not be entertained by this Army Recruitment Office and this office bears no responsibility for such application if recieved.
11. Issue of Call Up Letter : Call up letters to the eligible candidates for screening will be issued by 07 Jan 2014.
12. Written Examination : Written examination on Multiple Choice Question ( MCQ ) format will be held on 23 Feb 2014 at RO ( HQ ) Chennai. Timings are as under :
- Paper – I ( General Awareness ) : From 1000 hrs to 1100 hrs.
- Paper – II ( Knowledge specific to particular religious denomination to which the candidate belongs ). : From 1400 hrs to 1500 hrs.Note : Only those candidates who have passed Paper – I with minimum 40 marks will be eligible to appear in Paper II.
13. Interview : Interview of the candidates short listed will be conducted at Armed Corps Centre & School, Ahmednagar w.e.f 23 Apr 2014 to 02 May 2014.
14. Disclaimer : The above data is only for information. The Eligibility Condition / Location / Dates of rally may undergo change; the candidates are advised to keep themselves updated. This office will not be responsible for any lapses.