Indian Army JCO ( Religious Teachers ) Recruitment Chennai RRT 74, 75 and 76 Course 2014
Direct Recruitment of Junior Commissioned Officers into Indian Army as Religious Teacher ( RRT-74, 75 & 76 )
1. Religious Teachers assist the troops of Indian Army with all their religious matters and faith. They also help all ranks of the Army in imbibing spiritual values and morals and develop confidence in oneself and his religious faith. They provide advice and directions when required of them, besides discharging various duties of religious rites, sermons and all matters relating to religion and faith. Candidates with requisite qualification are recruited as Junior Commissioned Officers and imparted religious training before they are despatched as Junior Commissioned Officers ( Religious Training ) to various Army units and establishments across the country.
Indian Army JCO Recruitment Drive 2014 :
2. A recruitment drive for selection of male candidates from Adilabad, Mahabubnagar, Warangal, Medak, Rangareddy, Hyderabad, Nizamabad, Karimnagar, Nalgonda & Khammam ( Andhra Pradesh State ) for recruitment into the Army as Junior Commissioned Officers ( Religious Teachers ) for Pandit, Maulvi & Padre will be conducted by RO(HQ), Chennai from 10 February 2014 to 15 February 2014. After the initial screening, the written examination will be conducted on 23 Feb 2014 at RO ( HQ ), Chennai.
3. The selected candidates will be despatched for training, according to their religious affiliation.
Indian Army JCO Religious Teachers RRT Eligibility Conditions 2014 :
4. Age Limit for Indian Army JCO ( Religious Teachers ) 2014 :
- Civilian Candidates. Candidates must be between 27 to 34 years of age as on 10 Feb 2014.
- Serving Combatant Soldiers on Re-mustering. Candidate must be between 25 and 34 years of age as on 10 Feb 2014.
5. Minimum Educational Qualifications for Civilian Candidates.
- Graduation ( Three year Degree Course ) in any discipline from a recognized university.
- In addition to the degree, the candidate must also possess one of the following qualifications according to the religious denomination of the individual :
- Pandit :Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned. OrThose who have passed B.A with Sanskrit / Hindi as one of the elective ( Main ) subjects, but have not done Madhyama in Sanskrit or Bhushan in Hindi.
- Maulvi :Maulvi Alim in Arabic, Adib Alim in Urdu or equivalent standard in the regional language concerned. OrThose who have passed B.A with Arabic / Urdu as one of the elective ( main ) subjects but have not done Maulvi Alim in Arabic or Adib Alim in Urdu.
- Padre : Any person who has been ordained priesthood by the appropriate ecclesiastical authority and is still on the approved list of the local Bishop.
- Minimum Educational Qualification for Army Personnel ( Re-mustering ). Intermediate / 10+2 instead of Graduation but must possess additional qualification of religious denomination as required above.
6. Physical Standards for Indian Army JCO Religious Teachers 2014
Minimum Physical Standards :
- Height – 160 cm
- Weight – 50 Kgs
- Chest – 77 Cms ( with min- 5 Cms expansion ).
- Endurance / Physical Fitness Test ( PFT ). The candidate should be able to run and pass 1.6 km in eight minutes.
7. Medical Standards for Indian Army JCO Religious Teachers 2014 : A candidate should have robust physique and mental health, chest should be well developed having minimum 5 centimetre expansion, should have normal hearing in each ear, should have natural healthy gum and sufficient number of teeth, i.e, 14 dental points, should not have any disease and deformity. Eye sight not less than 6/12 each eye or right eye 6/6, left eye 6/24. Re-mustering candidates should be in medical category Shape – I read in conjunction with Army Order 146/77.
8. Submission of Indian Army JCO Religious Teacher Applications 2014 : The following aspects are to be noted down while forwarding applications.
- Applications to be addressed to the following address by the candidates of Adilabad, Mahabubnagar, Warangal, Medak, Rangareddy, Hyderabad, Nizamabad, Karimnagar, Nalgonda & Khammam distt only :Army Recruiting Office,
Trimulgherry, Near RTA Office,
PO – Manovikasnagar,
Secunderabad – 500 009 ( AP ).
- Last date of receipt of application at Army Recruiting Office, Secunderabad is 27 Dec 2013. Applications received after due date will not be accepted.
- Application should be sent by Registered Post through Postal department only.
- Mention clearly the RRT Course ( No-74, 75 & 76 ) that you wish to apply for on the envelope and application.
- Application of Army personnel serving in Andhra Pradesh will be routed through their respective Record Offices to Army Recruiting Office, Secunderabad.
- Application forms can be obtained from Army Recruiting Office, Secunderabad in person, if required.
- Application should be submitted on A4 size paper.
- Photocopies of the following documents should be enclosed with the application duly attested :
- Caste and Character Certificate by Sarpanch of the Village or Municipal Commissioner of the Ward.
- Nativity, Community, Date of Birth Certificate. Candidates to produce only latest automated Nativity, Community and Date of Birth certificate being issued by District Administration of Andhra Pradesh in English.
- Certificates and mark sheets pertaining to educational qualification to include the following :
- Matric / 10th Certificate.
- Intermediate / 12th Certificate.
- Graduation Certificate.
- NCC Certificate ( Not camp certificate ), if awarded.
- Affidavit as Son of Ex-servicemen / Serving soldier or War Widow, as the case may be, duly signed by the Concerned Record Office of the serviceman / ex-serviceman.
- Three self addressed registered envelopes of correct denomination ( 25/- ) should be attached with the application.
- Application will not be accepted, if required supporting documents are not found attached with the application especially three registered envelopes of 25/- each.
9. Selection Procedure for Indian Army JCO Religious Teachers RRT Chennai 2014 :
The sequence of selection procedure is as given as under :
- Submission of Application.
- Checking of documents : After checking of documents, all those candidates whose application and documents are found correct in all respect will be called for Preliminary Screening, Physical Tests and Medical Tests.
- Preliminary Screening, Physical Test and Medical : Preliminary Screening, Physical Test and Medical Examination will be carried out at RO ( HQ ), Chennai from 10 February 2014 to 15 February 2014 as per their programme.
- Medical : Any candidate who has been medically rejected as Temporary Unfit / Permanent Unfit can appeal against the rejection. Procedure will be explained to the candidates immediately after medical.
- Written Examination :A written examination will be held on 23 Feb 2014 at RO ( HQ ), Chennai for all eligible candidates irrespective of their medical status. Written examination details are given below :
- Paper – I ( From 1000 hrs to 1100 hrs ) : This will contain questions on General Awareness and will be common to candidates of all Religious Denominations. The paper can be answered in English or Hindi only.
- Paper – II ( From 1400 hrs to 1500 hrs ) : This will test the knowledge specific to particular religious denomination to which the candidate belongs. The paper may be answered in English or Hindi only.
- Interview : Successful candidates in medical and written examination will be called for Indian Army JCO interview at selected Regimental Centres. Final selection will be done by a board of officers. Candidates finally selected will undergo 06 weeks training at Regimental Centres followed by 10 weeks training at Institute of National Integration, Pune.
- A candidate may be rejected at any stage of selection irrespective of his performance in other tests. Conveyance / TA / DA Allowance.
10. No TA / DA / Conveyance Allowance is admissible for preliminary screening, medical and written exam.
11. However, candidates called for the interview at Regt / Corps Training Centres will be entitled to free conveyance for their journey from home to the concerned Training Centre and back by second class.
Terms and Conditions of Enrolment :
12. On successful completion of training the candidates will be commissioned as religious Teachers in the rank of Junior Commissioned Officer ( Naib Subedar ).
- Promotion : All Junior Commissioned Officers ( Religious Teachers ) will become eligible for paid acting promotion to the rank of Subedar / Risaldar on completion of at least 10 years of service as a religious Teacher depending upon his eligibility.
- Pay Allowance and Perks : The Junior Commissioned Officer ( Religious Teacher ) will be placed at the minimum pay Band of of 9300 – 34800 ( as revised in 6th Pay Commission ). In addition they will be entitled to a Grade Pay of 4200/- and Military Service Pay of 2000/-, DA, free accommodation, entitled ration for self, clothing, free medical and leave travel concession for self, family and dependents, canteen facilities and other allowances as admissible to the regular Army.