Indian Army JAG Entry Scheme SSC ( NT ) 17th Course Oct 2016 for Law Graduates – Indian Army JAG Entry Scheme Course Application
UPSC Exam Question Bank CDs More Details…
Indian Army JAG Entry Scheme 17th Course Oct 2016 Short Service Commission ( NT ) Course for Law Graduates Men and Women.
1. The Indian Army Applications are invited from Law graduates ( Married / Unmarried Male and Unmarried Female candidates ) for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for Judge Advocate General Department.
2. Vacancies in Indian Army JAG Entry Scheme 2016 : Men – 10, Women – 04.
3. Conditions of Eligibility for Indian Army JAG Entry 2016 :
- Nationality : Must be an Indian Citizen.
- Indian Army JAG Entry 2016 Age Limit : 21 to 27 years on 01 Jul 2016 ( Born not earlier than 02 Jul 1989 and not later than 01 Jul 1995 ).
Note : The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate. No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- Educational Qualification for Indian Army JAG Entry Course 2016 : Minimum 55% aggregate marks in LLB Degree ( three years professional course after graduation or five years after 10+2 examination ). The candidates should be eligible for registration with Bar Council of India / State. Candidate should be from a College / University recognised by Bar Council of India.
4. Physical Standards for Indian Army JAG Entry 2016 :
- Height & Weight : The minimum acceptable height and weight for men is 157.5 cms with correlated weight and for women candidate is 152 cm and 42 kg. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height will be relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
- Visual Standards : The minimum acceptable visual acuity are : Distant vision ( corrected ) better eye 6/6, worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 3.5 including Astigmation. Candidates who have undergone or have evidence for having undergone Radial Keratotomy to improve the visual acuity will be permanently rejected. Candidates who have undergone Lasik Surgery for correction of reflective error are not acceptable.
- Permanent Body Tattoos : Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm, i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of Palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoos mark on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
- To pass fit, a candidate must be in good physical and mental health free from any disability likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duty.
- Prospective candidates are advised to exercise and keep themselves physically fit, in order to avoid any injury due to the rigorous physical training at OTA Chennai. In order to be able to adjust to the regime there candidates are advised to achieve following standards before joining the OTA, if finally selected :
(a) Running 2.4 Km in 15 minutes. (b) Push up – 13 Nos. (c) Sit ups – 25 Nos. (d) Chin ups- 6 Nos. (e) Rope climbing – 3-4 meter.
Note : Candidates withdrawn from IMA / OTA / Naval Academy / Air Force Academy on disciplinary ground are not eligible to apply.
5. Indian Army Law Graduates Job Medical Examination 2016 : A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board will undergo medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers. Women candidate will undergo Medical Examination by a Medical Board comprising male / female doctors / specialist / gynecologist. There will be a Lady Medical Officer as member of the board. The proceedings of the Medical Board are confidential and will not be divulged to anyone. However, candidates declared unfit will be intimated by the president of the Special Medical Board ( SMB ) the procedure for request for Appeal Medical Board ( AMB ). Unfit candidates should report for AMB within a maximum period of 42 days. Candidates are advised in their own interest to appear for AMB well in time and should not wait for the last date given by the SMB.
Candidates are advised to note that Recruiting Directorate has no role to play in Appeal Medical Boards and procedure advised by the medical authorities is strictly to be adhered to. Candidates declared unfit by AMB will be intimated by the President, AMB about procedure to challenge the finding of AMB. Candidates will also be intimated that Review Medical Board ( RMB ) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merits of the case and that RMB is not a matter of right. Candidates will be considered medically fit only on receipt of the approved Medical documents from Directorate General Medical Services in Dte Gen Rtg.(b) Pregnancy, if detected at any stage, after selection at SSB or during training will debar the candidate from grant of commission.
Note : Candidates are advised in their own interest to undergo a preliminary medical check up for wax in ears, DNS, defective colour vision, over weight / under weight, piles, gynaecomastia, tonsillitis and visicocle before reporting for the SSB interview.
6. Method of Selection in Indian Army JAG Entry SSC ( NT ) Course 2016 :
The Selection process for Indian Army Judge Advocate General 2016 to be followed is indicated below :
- Initial shortlisting of applications will be done at Recruiting Directorate, Integrated HQ of MoD ( Army ) and the decision of DG Recruiting will be final. In this regard no representation will be entertained. Integrated HQ of MoD ( Army ) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks without assigning any reason.
- Candidates whose applications are found in order shall be detailed to appear at the Service Selection Board on a specified date where they will be required to undergo Group Tests. Psychological Tests and an interview for duration of five days excluding the date of reporting at the Service Selection Centre.
- Two Stage Selection Procedure for Indian Army JAG Oct Course 2016 : Two stage selection procedure based on psychological aptitude test is held at Selection Centres. All the candidates will face stage one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres. The candidates who fail to pass stage one will be returned on the same day.
- Candidates who qualify stage I will be retained for stage – II test comprising of Group Tests, Psychological Tests and Interview which will extend for a duration of 4 days ( excluding stg – I day ).
- The candidates who qualify at the Service Selection Board and are found medically fit by a Medical Board, will be placed in the order of merit. The final selection will be made in that order up to the number of Indian Army Judge Advocate General vacancies available at that time.
7. Indian Army Judge Advocate General Merit List 2016 : It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the SSB interview does not confirm final selection. A Merit list is prepared purely on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in Indian Army 2016 SSB interview and as such higher educational, previous performances, NCC background etc have no role to play. Those high in the merit list and who come within the stipulated vacancies, and are medically fit, are issued joining instruction for pre-commissioning training.
The merit list of the recommended candidates will be displayed at the reception of DG RTG and Indian Army website i.e. www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
8. Training and Prospects in Indian Army Judge Advocate General Entry 2016 :
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit, upto the number of vacancies in Indian Army available at the time.
- Duration of Indian Army JAG training – 49 weeks ( approximately 11 months ) training at OTA, Chennai, on successful completion of which candidates will be granted commission in the rank of Lt. No ante date seniority will be granted.
- Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of Indian Army Judge Advocate General training nor will He / She be allowed to live with parents / Guardians. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at the Officers Training Academy. A candidate, who married subsequent to the date of his / her application though successful at the Services Selection Board interview or medical examination, will not be inducted for Indian Army Judge Advocate General JAG training. A candidate if he / she marries, while under training, shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him / her by the government.
- Indian Army JAG Training at OTA, Chennai is at Govt. expense all candidates who successfully complete Pre-Commission training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai will be awarded “Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies” by University of Madras.
9. On joining the Army, some of Personal Restrictions in Service will be imposed in accordance with Articles 33 of Constitution of India as promulgated in the Army Act and Army Rules from time to time.
10. Tenure of Engagement : Short Service Commission to Officers ( Male and Female ) in the regular Army will be granted for 14 years i.e. for an initial period of 10 years extendable by a further period of 04 years. Officers who are willing to continue to serve in the Army after the expiry of period of ten years in Short Service Commission may, if eligible and suitable in all respects, be considered for the grant of permanent commission in the 10th years of their Short Service Commission in accordance with the relevant rules. Those SSC officers who are not selected for grant of PC but are otherwise considered fit and suitable, will be given options to continue as SSCOs for a total period of 14 years ( including the initial tenure of 10 years ) on expiry of which they will be released from the Army. If an Officer is reported upon within a period of six months from the date of confirmation of Short Service Commission as unsuitable to retain his commission, his commission may be terminated at any time, whether before or after the above period. Officers granted Short Service Commission are liable to serve anywhere in India and abroad.
11. Important Note for Indian Army JAG Entry Recruitment 2016 :
- Candidates who submit more than one Indian Army JAG Course application 2016 will be disqualified for course as well as from applying for commission in the Indian Army in future.
- Candidates not in receipt of a Judge Advocate General of Indian Army call up letter from any of the Selection Centre for Indian Army SSB interview should presume that either their application has received after due date or could not come in short-list or found ineligible. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
12. Entitlement for Travelling Allowances : Candidates appearing for Indian Army SSB interview for the first time for a particular type of commission, shall be entitled to AC – III tier to and fro railway fare or Bus fare including reservation cum sleeper charges within the Indian limits. Candidates who apply again for the same type of commission will not be entitled to travelling allowances on any subsequent occasion.
13. The Indian Army Offers You
- Pay Scale for Indian Army JAG Entry Scheme 2016 : The promotion from Lieutenant to Lieutenant Colonel is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service condition. The pay scale and promotion criteria is as follows :
Rank Pay Bands / Scale Grade Pay MSP Remarks Lieutenant PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100 5400 6000 On commission Captain PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100 6100 6000 On completion of 2 Yrs Major PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100 6600 6000 On completion of 6 Yrs Lt Colonel PB - 4 / 37400 - 67000 8000 6000 On completion of 13 Yrs Colonel PB - 4 / 37400 - 67000 8700 6000 On selection basis subject to fulfilment requisite service conditions Brigadier PB - 4 / 37400 - 67000 8900 6000 Major General PB - 4 / 37400 - 67000 10000 Nil Lt General / HAG Scale 67000 - ( annual increment @ 3% ) - 79000 Nil Nil HAG + Scale *
*Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt General
75500 - ( annual increment @ 3% ) - 80000 Nil Nil VCOAS / Army Cdr / Lt Gen ( NFSG ) 80000 ( fixed ) Nil Nil COAS 90000 ( fixed ) Nil Nil
- Allowances as applicable – The rates of allowances applicable to officer are as under :
Allowances To Whom Applicable Rates ( ) Field Area Allowance Officers Posted to Field Area 4200/- PM High Altitude / Uncongeniel Climate Officers Posted in High Altitude / Uncongeniel Climate 11200/- PM Siachen Officers Posted in Siachen 14000/- PM Flying Allowance Officers Posted as Army Aviation 9000/- PM Parachute Allowance Officers Posted in Active Parachute Bn / Regt 1200/- PM Special Forces Allowance Officers posted in Special Forces 9000/- PM Transport Allowance Officers Posted in Peace Stations 3200/- + DA PM in A1/A cities and 1600 + DA PM at other cities House Rent Allowance To officers not provided Govt. Accommodation 10 - 30% of Basic Pay ( Pay Band + Grade Pay + MSP ) Kit Maint Allowance All officers 400/- PM Uniform Allowance ( Outfit Allowance ) All officers Initial 14000/- and 3000/- every 3 Years Qualification Pay / Grant for Service Courses All officers undergoing specified courses 6000 to 20000/- Instructional Allowance All Officers Posted as Instructors 1800/-
Note : In the case of allowances specific to Defence Forces, the rates of these allowance have been further enhanced by 25% as Dearness allowance has gone up by 50%.
14. Cost to Company ( CTC ) : The CTC for a Lieutenant would be approximately 65000/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Tech Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
15. Privileges : In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Army provides free Medical facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports facilities, Furnished Govt Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidized rate.
16. Group Insurance and Gratuity : The Gentleman cadets of OTA when in receipt of stipend are ensured for 50 lac. Those who get medically boarded out of Academy on account of disability, the disability cover provided for 100% disability will be 25 lac which is proportionately reduced upto 5 lac for 20% disability. However, for less than 20% disability, no disability benefit is eligible but an Ex Gratia Grant of 50,000/- will be paid. Disability due to alcohalism, drug addiction and due to the diseases of pre enrolment origin will not qualify for disability benefits and ex gratia grant. In addition, Gentleman cadet withdrawn on disciplinary ground, or as undesirable or voluntarily leaves the academy will also not be eligible for disability benefits and Ex Gratia Grant. Subscription at the rate of 5000/- will have to be paid in advance on monthly basis by the Gentleman cadets who are in receipt of stipend and will become members of the main Army Group Insurance Scheme as applicable to regular Army Officers.
17. Leave Entitlements : On commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year ( subject to service exigencies ). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel ( as per extant rules ) for self and family. Leave during Indian Army training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
18. Sports & Adventure : The Indian Army provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as River Rafting, Mountaineering, Hot air ballooning, Hand gliding, Horse Riding etc.
19. Indian Army Judge Advocate General Physical Fitness 2016 : In OTA curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on Physical Fitness. You are therefore, advised to remain fit through physical exercises, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet training goals successfully.
20. Stipend / Pay During Training in Indian Army JAG Entry 2016 : During the period of training the candidates will be given stipend of 21000/- per month ( 15600/- as pay in Pay Band + Grade Pay 5400/- ). On completion of training officers are commissioned as Lt and entitled to the pay scale as given in para 12 above.
21. The final allotment of Arms / Service / Corps, at the time of passing out will be the sole discretion of Integrated HQ, Min of Defence ( Army ) keeping in view the existing policy. No representation is tenable on this account.
22. Reserve Liability : SSC Officers on release before or on expiry of contractual length of service will carry reserve liability to serve Army for five years plus two years on voluntary basis or upto the age of 37 years for women and 40 years for men whichever is earlier.