Indian Army Jag Entry Scheme 6th Course 2011
As an Officer, Facing Challenges Might be Easier than Handling Admiration.
Indian Army Jag Entry Scheme 6th Course – April 2011 (Short Service Commission (NT) Course for Law Graduates Women).
The Indian Army is looking for the best and the brightest Law Graduates unmarried women for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for Judge Advocate General Department.
- Indian Army Vacancies : Female – 10.
- Conditions of Eligibility for Indian Army JAG Entry Scheme 2011 :
- Nationality : Must be an Indian.
- Age Limit for Indian Army : 21 to 27 years (Born not earlier than 02 Jan 1984 and not later than 01 Jan 1990).
- Educational Qualification : Minimum 55% aggregate marks in LLB Degree (three year professional after graduation or five years after 10+2 examination) from a university/Institution recognized by Bar Council of India and candidates should be eligible to be enrolled as an Advocate.
- Selection Procedure for Indian Army JAG Entry Scheme 2011 :
The Selection process to be followed is indicated below :
- Initial Screening and shortlisting of applicants will be done at Recruiting. Directorate Army Headquarters and the decision of ADG Recruiting will be final. In this regard no representation will be entertained.
- Candidates whose applications are found in order shall be detailed to appear at the service Selection Board on a specified date where they will be required to undergo Group Tests, Psychological Tests and an interview for duration of five days excluding the date of reporting at the Service Selection center.
- The candidates who qualify at the Service Selection Board and are found medically fit by a Medical Board will be placed in order of merit. The final selection will be made in that order upto the number of vacancies available at that time.
- Two stage Selection Procedure :Two Stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test has been introduced at Selection Centres. All the candidates will face stage one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres. The candidates who qualify at stage one, will be admitted to the second stage / remaining tests and all those who fail to pass stage one, will be returned.
- Those candidates who qualify stage II will submit the original certificate along with one photocopy each of :
- Matriculation Certificate showing date of birth.
- Original Degree or prov degree with all year / parts/ semesters marksheets at selection centre.
- Medical Examination : Candidates recommended by the Service Selection Board will undergo medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officer. Women candidate will undergo Medical Examination by a Medical Board comprising male / female doctors / specialist / Gynecologist.
There will be a Lady Medical Officer as member of the Board. Only those candidates will be admitted to the Academy who are declared fit by the Special Medical Board (SMB). However, the candidates declared unfit will be intimated by the President of the SMB and procedure for request for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) will also be intimated to the candidates.
Candidates who are unfit may apply for AMB to be completed within 42 days of SMB and may request for Review Medical Board (RMB) within 1 day of completion of AMB. The candidates will also be intimated that Review Medical Board (RMB) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merits of the case and that RMB is not a-matter of right.
- In your own interest you are advised to undergo a preliminary medical check up for wax in ears. DNS, Hydrocele/Phimosis. Defective Colour Vision, Over Weight / Underweight, Piles, Gynaecomastia, Tonsillitis, varicocele before reporting for the SSB Interview.
- Physical Standard for Indian Army : The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms for men and 152 cms for women. For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North Eastern region of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable height will be 5 cms less. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
- Indian Army Training and prospects
- Duration of training : Approximately 11 months training at OTA, Chennai, on successful completion of which candidates will be granted commission in the rank of Lt. No ante date seniority will be granted.
- Posting : Personnel granted Short Service Commission are liable to serve anywhere in India and abroad.
- Tenure of Engagement : Officers will be required to serve for 10 years and may be considered for grant of permanent commission thereafter as per existing rules. Those SSC Officers who are not selected for grant of PC but are otherwise considered fit and suitable, will be given options to continue as SSCOs for a total period of 14 years (including the initial tenure of 10 years) on expiry of which they will be released form the Army.
- Pay and Allowances and Other Benefits Officers are initially commissioned as Lieutenant in the pay scale of 26,000 (Basic Pay – 15,600, Grade pay – 5,400 and Military Service pay – 6000) per month with DA at present and other benefits like concessional accommodation, free medical facilities, LTC, 60 days annual leave, 20 days casual leave, canteen facilities, entitled ration as per scale etc. Army Group Insurance provides Insurance cover of 30 lac to the Cadets of OTA from the date of joining institute for pre-commission training.
Candidates who are medically boarded out during training at OTA on account of disability, the cover provided is 50% of the insured amount for 100% disability, i.e. 15 lac for 100% disability proportionately reduced to 3 lac for 20% disability. However, for disability less than 20%. an ex-gratia grant of 20,000/- will be paid. Disability due to alcoholism and drug addiction will not qualify for disability benefits and ex-gratia.
- Important Instructions :
- Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from OTA or any other service training academy are not eligible to apply for commission into army.
- Candidates who submit more than one application will be disqualified for this course as well as from applying for commission in the Army in future.
- Candidates not in receipt of a call-up letter from any of the Selection Centre for SSB Interview should presume that either their application has been received after due date or could not come in short-list or found.in eligible. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- Application Form for Indian Army JAG Entry Scheme 2011 :
- Apply on plain paper (typed or handwritten) as per format given in the advertisement.
- Only attach the photocopies of the following documents or certificates serial wise alongwith the application which should be properly tagged and duly attested by a Government Gazetted Officer.
- Matriculation Certificate issued by Board of Secondary Education or Central Board of Secondary Education as proof of date of birth (marksheet, transfer certificate, affidavit, admit card, etc are not acceptable).
- Degree / Provisional certificate alongwith Marksheets of all the years/parts/semesters as proof of educational qualification.
- NCC ‘C’ certificate OR National certificate of Bravery/Gallantry Award OR certificate showing representation of the State in National Sports Competition may also be attached If any held .
- Application incomplete in any respect and/or without any of the above mentioned documents (as indicated at Paras 10 (a), 10(b) (i), (ii) and (iii) and/or not duly attested by a Government Gazetted Officer will be rejected summarily.
- The Provisional degree certificate in support of education qualification should clearly state that the student has passed the specified degree examination and is also eligible for award of Degree Certificate.
- Affix your Self attested photograph in the space provided in the Application form.
- Attach certificate of registration with Bar Council of India/State or certificate from College/ University that the LLB Course in the said institution is recognised by Bar Council of India.
- No Original certificates will be enclosed with the application.
- The application should be sent in a white envelope Superscribed in red ink on the top left Comer Indicating “Application For Short Service Commission (Nt) Women Course Apr 2011 For Judge Advocate Generals Department.
- Post your application alongwith supported documents by Registered Post at the following address on or before 20 Aug, 2010.
Additional Directorate General of Recruiting Rtg Jag Women Entry,
AG’s Branch, Army Hqrs,
West Block – III,
New Delhi – 110066.
- Any application sent through courier service will not be accepted’ in the absence of arrangements for the same.
- Candidates are advised to apply sufficiently in advance of the last date. Application received after the last date for the receipt of application i.e. 20th Aug 2010 will be summarilly rejected.
- Any change in your postal address should be communicate immediately to this Directorate.
- Persons already in Central or State Government Service whether permanent or in temporary capacity or as work change employee or those serving under the Public Sector enterprise are required to submit an undertaking that they have informed their Head of office / department in writing that they have applied for a commission in the Army. Candidates should note that in case a communications is received by this HQ from their employer / withholding permission for such application their application shall be rejected and candidature cancelled.
- A candidate serving in the Armed Forces must submit her application through commanding Officer.
- Additional Directorate General of Recruiting (Rtg 6), Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications on the basis of percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in LLB examinations.
- For quires contact Recruiting Directorate Telephone Number (011) 26175473, 26173215 and Fax No. 26196205 or Email to: recruiting email@example.com our websites is www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Place of SSBs will be displayed on Indian Army website www.indianarmy.gov.in in second week of Oct 2010.