Indian Army Educational Corps in Science and Arts Stream Recruitment Exam 2017
1. Indian Army Educational Corps applications are invited from eligible male candidates for recruitment as Havildar Education in Science and Arts streams in the Army Educational Corps of Indian Army.
2. Indian Army Educational Corps Vacancies will be released at the end of recruiting process by the concerned Army authorities.
3. Eligibility for Indian Army Educational Corps Recruitment 2017:
(a) Indian Army Educational Corps Age Limit 2017 :
- Civilian Candidates 20 to 25 years of age as on 01 Oct 2017 (i.e. Candidates born between 01 Oct 1992 and 30 Sep 1997 inclusive of both dates).
- Serving Combatants on Remusteration 20 to 28 years of age as on 01 Oct 2017 (i.e. Candidates born between 01 Oct 1989 and 30 Sep 1997 inclusive of both dates).
(b) Indian Army Educational Corps Educational Qualification : The candidate must have working knowledge of either English or Hindi or both. Candidate should have graduation / post graduation degree from a recognised university.
(i) Science Stream B.Sc / B.Sc (IT) / BCA / BE / B.Tech / M.Sc / M.Sc(IT) / MCA / M.Tech (with or without B Ed) with any of the following subjects :
- Computer Science
(ii) Arts Stream. BA / MA (with or without B Ed) with any of the following subjects :
- English Literature
- Political Science
- Hindi Literature
- Urdu Literature
4. Indian Army Educational Corps Recruitment Exam 2017 Medical Standard :
- A candidate should have robust physique and mental health, chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cm expansion, should have normal hearing with each ear, should have sufficient number of natural teeth, i.e. 14 dental points with healthy gums. Candidate should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele, varicose veins or piles.
- Serving combatants on Remusteration candidates must be in medical category SHAPE-1A. Remusteration candidates will be exempted from recruiting medical examination at the time of recruiting rally. A certificate indicating medical category duly signed by Army Medical Authority where individual is serving and countersigned by the Commanding Officer of the unit will be submitted by the candidate.
5. Minimum Physical Standards : Country has been divided into regions. Region wise minimum physical standards are as follows :
|S.No.||Region ||Height (cm)||Chest (cm)||Weight (kg)|
|(a) ||Western Himalayan 1||162||77||48|
|(b)||Eastern Himalayan 2||160||77||48|
|(c)||Rest of the Country ||162||77||50|
Note : Western Himalayan1 region comprises states of Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab Hills (Area South and West of the Inter State Border between Himachal Pradesh and Punjab and North and East of Road Mukerian, Hoshiarpur, Garh Shankar and Ropar), Garhwal and Kumaon (Uttarakhand).
Eastern Himalayan2 region comprises states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam and Hill Region of West Bengal (Darjeeling Districts).
6. Screening :
(a) Initial Screening : Screening of the candidates will be carried out by all the Headquarters Recruiting Zones, Independent Recruiting Office (Delhi Cantt). Candidates must obtain details from the concerned Headquarter Recruiting Zone / Independent Recruiting Office Delhi Cantt of which the individual is a permanent native/resident. Postal addresses of all Recruiting Offices.
(b) Physical Fitness Tests (PFT) : As part of screening process the candidate will be subjected to PFT. Candidates are required to qualify in all physical fitness tests. Marks obtained in PFT will not be considered while finalizing the final merit. The following tests will be conducted in accordance with the laid down standards in vogue :-
Physical Fitness Test
- 1.6 Km run
- Pull up (Beam)
- 9 feet ditch
7. Indian Army Educational Corps Recruitment Procedure 2017 :
(a) Indian Army Educational Corps Written Examination Only those candidates selected in the screening and declared medically fit will be permitted to appear in the written examination. Written examination will be conducted on 29th October, 2017 and will comprise of two papers as follows :
- Paper – I Paper-I will be common and compulsory for all candidates. This paper will consist of 50 objective type questions on general awareness and general English.
- Paper – II (Science Stream) (Maximum Marks – 50) This paper will be compulsory for science stream candidates. It will consist of 50 objective type questions from Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology and Mathematics.
- Paper – II (Arts Stream) (Maximum Marks – 50) This paper will be compulsory for Arts stream candidates. It will consist of 50 objective type questions from History, Geography, Political Science, Economics and Mathematics.
- Marking System All answers will be marked on the OMR sheet.
|Paper-I||50||20||-1/4 per wrong answer|
|Paper-II (Science Stream)||50||20||-1/4 per wrong answer|
|Paper-II (Arts Stream)||50||20||- 1/4 per wrong answer|
(b) Teaching Aptitude Test and Interview Candidates declared successful in the above written examination and placed in merit list will appear for Teaching Aptitude Test and Interview to be conducted at AEC Training College and Centre, Pachmarhi.
- Conveyance The candidates will be issued with free railway warrants for their journey from recruiting offices where they took the written examination to Pipariya (MP) nearest railway head. The candidates not found suitable for recruitment will be issued with a return journey warrant to their home station or recruiting office whichever is nearer, by Commandant, AEC Training College and Centre, Pachmarhi (MP).
- Messing and Accommodation The candidates will be provided with free messing and accommodation during their short stay at Pachmarhi for the Teaching Aptitude Test and Interview. No Travelling allowance / Daily Allowance.
(c) Training Candidates finally selected in all tests and placed in final merit list will be enrolled in the Army Educational Corps and will undergo Military and Technical Training for approximately one year at AEC Training College and Centre, Pachmarhi (MP). Rejection can take place at any stage during training also.
8. Indian Army Terms of Service :
(a) Enrolment Individual will be enrolled for a period of 24 years with colour service and 02 years in reserve or till they attain 49 years of age whichever is earlier.
(b) Pay and allowances :
- Group ‘X’ (Post Graduate / Graduate Degree with B.Ed.). on completion of successful training you will be placed in the Pay Band-1 ( 5200-20200) as per 6th pay commission. You will also be entitled Grade Pay ( 2800) + Military Service Pay ( 2000) + Group „X‟ Pay ( 1400) per month.
- Group ‘Y’ (Graduate Degree without B.Ed.). on completion of successful training you will be placed in the Pay Band-1 (Rs 5200-20200) as per 6th pay commission. You will also be entitled Grade Pay ( 2800) + Military Service Pay ( 2000) per month.
(c) Facilities In addition you will be entitled to Promotion, Pension, Group Insurance, Army Welfare Housing Schemes, entitled leave, DA, free accommodation, entitled ration for self, uniform, free medical and leave travel concession for self, family, and dependents, canteen facilities and other allowances as admissible to the regular Army.
9. How to Apply for Indian Army Educational Corps Exam 2017 :
- The recruitment will be carried out through all the Headquarters Recruiting Zones and Independent Recruiting Office (Delhi Cantt).
- Civil Candidates can appear for screening and written exam only in the Headquarter Recruiting Zone or Independent Recruiting Office (Delhi Cantt) covering their place of domicile. Service candidates will appear in the Recruiting Zones or Independent Recruiting Office (Delhi Cantt) nearest to their place of posting.
- Application submitted to a different organization of which the candidate is not domicile of, will be rejected.
- Submission of Application by Civil Candidates. Applications from civil candidates applying for Havildar Education will only be accepted online on website www.joinindanarmy.nic.in.
- Submission of Application by Remusteration Candidates.
- Application filled strictly as per Pro-forma given in the notification and duly approved by the CO/OC Unit be forwarded by the Unit of the candidate along with the required documents to respective Record Offices who will then forward the same to concerned Headquarter Recruiting Zones or Independent Recruiting Office (Delhi Cantt) nearest to the place of posting of the candidate. Top outer cover of envelope should read “Application for Havildar Education 2018” inscribed in red ink.
- Advance copy of the application along with required documents be forwarded to the concerned Headquarter Recruiting Zones or Independent Recruiting Office, Delhi Cantt (Nearest to the place of posting).
- Affix your recent passport size photograph without sun glasses at the space provided in the application form. Photograph taken with Polaroid camera or computer print will not be accepted. An additional self attested
photograph also be submitted along with application form.
- Candidate whose application has been rejected earlier may apply if eligible / age permits.
- Incomplete application will be rejected.
- All the above terms and conditions, vacancies and selection procedures are subject to change from time to time. Only male candidates are eligible to apply.
- List of recognised universities to be verified from the official website of UGC / AICTE or the nearest Headquarter Recruiting Zone / Army Recruiting Office / Independent Recruiting Office, Delhi Cantt.
- Candidates who are serving with any organization and are selected for the interview will produce “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at Zonal Recruiting Office before dispatch.
- Touts and agents have no role to play and candidates are advised not to be lured by such agents/agencies.
- The candidates are required to produce the following original documents, when called for screening :
- Character certificate by Sarpanch of the Village or authorized signatory of the State Government.
- Domicile / Resident / Nativity certificate from the authorized signatory of the State Government.
- Original Certificate from matriculation onward and detailed Mark sheet of each year separately pertaining to Educational qualification.
- NCC Certificate in original, if applicable.
- Son of servicemen/Ex-servicemen, son of war widow / son of widow, certificate in original, if applicable.
- Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e., from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
10. Postal Addresses of Recruiting Headquarters :
|S.No||Address||State, UT and Districts|
|(a)||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Ambala Chandrashekhar Marg,|
Ambala Cantt - 133001
|Haryana (Except Faridabad, Gurgaon, Mewat & Palwal) and
|(b)||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Bangalore |
148, Fd Marshal KM Kariappa Road
Bangalore - 560025
|Karnataka, Kerala and Lakshadweep|
|(c) ||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Chennai|
Fort Saint George,
Chennai - 600009.
|A&N Islands, Andhra Pradesh,
Puducherry and Tamilnadu
|(d)||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Danapur|
Danapur Cantt - 801503
|Bihar and Jharkhand
|(e)||Independent Recruiting Office, Delhi Cantt|
Delhi Cantt - 110010
|Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon,
Mewat and Palwal
|(f) ||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Jabalpur|
T - 23 Ridge Road,
Jabalpur - 482001.
|Chhattisgarh and Madhya
|(g)||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Jaipur|
Post Box No – 35, Jaipur
Rajasthan - 302016.
|(h) ||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Jalandhar|
Jalandhar Cantt - 144005
|Jammu & Kashmir and Punjab|
|(j)||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Kolkata|
1 Gokhale Road,
Kolkata - 700020
|Odisha, Sikkim and West
|(k)||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Lucknow|
236, M G Road,
Lucknow Cantt - 226002
|Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand|
|(l) ||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Pune|
3, Rajender Singh Ji Road
Pune - 410001
|Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman
& Diu, Goa, Gujarat and Maharashtra
|(m) ||Headquarter Recruiting Zone, Shillong|
Shillong - 793001
|Arunachal Pradesh, Assam,
Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland
11. Indian Army Educational Corps Online Registration will open on 01st May, 2017 at 1000 Hrs. Online registration will be closed on 30th May, 2017 at 1700 hrs.