Indian Army Education Corps ( AEC-125 ) Recruitment Jul 2017 – Indian Army AEC 125 Education Corps Jul 2017 Application Form
1. Indian Army applications are invited from married/unmarried MALE Post Graduates in the subjects notified below for Grant of Permanent Commission in the Army Educational Corps. Course commencing in Jul 2017 at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
2. Indian Army AEC Eligibility 2016 :
(a) Nationality : A candidate must either be :
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
(b) Age Limit for Indian Army AEC 2016 : 23 to 27 years as on 01st July, 2017 (i.e, candidates born between 02nd July, 1990 and 01st July, 1994 both dates inclusive). The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate.
Note : No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
(c) Indian Army AEC Educational Qualification 2016 : Only those candidates who have passed Post Graduate Degree in the following subjects with 1st or 2nd Division are eligible to apply. The candidates must note that final year appearing/Result awaiting students are not eligible.
3. Indian Army AEC Vacancies 2016 :
1. MA in English/Geography/Economics/History/Pol Science/Psychology/International Relation – 04
2. M.Sc in Physics/Chemistry/Maths/ Zoology/ Botany/ Geology /Nano Science/Computer Science/Electronics/MCA – 06
3. Foreign language (MA in Chinese) – 02
Note : These vacancies are tentative and may be changed depending on availability of training slots.
4. Type of Commission :
Permanent Commission : On successful completion of training cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt.
5. Indian Army AEC Training 2016 : Duration of training is one year :
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun according to their position in the final order of merit up to the number of vacancies available in each subject.
- Candidates are neither allowed to marry during the period of training nor will he be allowed to live with parents/Guardians. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful, will not be selected for training.
- Cost of Training. The entire cost of training is at Government expense. In case the GC is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than Medical ground or the reasons not beyond his control, he will be liable to refund cost of training @ 8785/- per week (or as notified from time to time) for the period of his stay at Indian Military Academy.
- Army Group Insurance Fund(AGIF). The Gentlemen Cadets of IMA when in receipt of stipend are insured for 75 lac wef 01 Oct 2016. Those who get medically boarded out of Academy on account of disability, the disability cover provided for 100% disability will be 25 lac which is proportionally reduced up to 5 lac for 20% disability. However, for less than 20% disability, only an Ex-Gratia grant of 50,000/- for first two years of training and Rs 1lac during the last year of training will be paid. Disability due to alcoholism, drug addiction and due to the diseases of pre-enrolment origin will not qualify for disability benefit and Ex-Gratia grant. In addition, Gentleman Cadets withdrawn on disciplinary grounds, expelled as an undesirable or voluntarily leaving the Academy will also not be eligible for disability benefit and Ex-Gratia. Subscription at the rate of 5,000/- will have to be paid in advance on monthly basis by the Gentleman Cadets to become member under the main AGI Scheme as applicable to regular Army Officers. The subscription for the relegated period would also be recovered at the same rate.
6. Indian Army AEC Pay and Allowances 2016 : The candidates will be given a stipend of 21,000/- P.M. (15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of 5,400/-). On completion of training they will be commissioned in the rank of Lt and entitled to pay as admissible to the rank. The promotion from Lieutenant to Lieutenant Colonel is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions.
(a) The Pay Scale and promotion criteria is as follows :
|RANK||PAY BANDS/SCLE||GRADE PAY||MSP||REMARKS|
|CAPTAIN||PB-3/15,600-39,100||6,100||6,000||On completion of 2 Years|
|MAJOR||PB-3/15,600-39,100||6,600||6,000||On completion of 6 Years|
|LT COLONEL||PB-4/37,400-67,000||8,000||6,000||On completion of 13 Years|
|COLONEL||PB-4/37,400-67,000||8,700 ||6,000||On selection basis subject to fulfillment requisite service conditions
|LT GENERAL/ HAG SCALE ||67,000 - (annual increment @ 3%) - 79,000||NIL||NIL|
|HAG + Scale*|
*Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt Gens)
|75,500- (annual increment @|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG)||80,000 (fixed)||NIL||NIL
(b) Allowances as applicable – The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as under :
|Allowances||To Whom Applicable||Rates(Rs)|
|Hard Area Allowance||Officers Posted in Hard Area||6750/- PM (25% of Basic Pay)|
|High Altitude/Uncongenial Climate Siachen||Officers Posted in High Altitude/Uncongenial Climate Officers Posted in Siachen||11200/-
|Highly active Field Area Allowance|
Field Area Allowance
Modified Field Area Allowance
|Officer Posted at Highly Active Field|
Officer Posted at Field Area
Officer Posted at Modified Field Area
|Officers Posted as Army Aviators|
Officers Posted in Active Parachute
|Special Forces Allowance||Officers posted in Special Forces||9000/- PM|
|Transport Allowance||All Officers||3200/- + DA PM in A1/A cities and 1600/- + DA PM at other places|
|House Rent Allowance||To Officers not provided Government Accommodation||10-30% of Basic Pay (Pay Band + Grade Pay + MSP)|
|Kit Maint Allowance ||All Officers||400/- PM|
|Uniform Allowance (Outfit Allowance)||All Officers||Initial 14000/- and 3000/- every Three Years|
|Qualification Pay / Grant for Service Courses||All Officers undergoing specified courses||6000/- to 20000/-|
|Instructional Allowance||All Officers Posted as Instructors ||1800/-|
Note : In the case of Allowances specific to Defence Forces, the rates of these allowances except those that are percentage based, have been further enhanced by 50% as Dearness Allowances has gone up by 100%.
Cost to Company (CTC). The CTC for a Lieutenant would be approximately 80000/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Tech Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
(c) Privileges. In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Army provides free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports Facilities, Furnished Government Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidized rate.
(d) Leave Entitlements. On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year (subject to service exigencies). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel (as per extant rules) for self and family. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
(e) Sports & Adventure. The Army provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, Horse Riding etc.