Indian Army BSc Nursing / GNM Course 2015
|Indian Army Nursing / GNM Application Last Date : 10.11.2014|
|Indian Army Nursing / GNM Written Exam likely to be held in the Month of : February 2015|
|Indian Army Nursing / GNM Interview will be held from : 20th April 2015|
BSc ( Nursing ) / General Nursing & Midwifery ( GNM ) Course 2015
1. Indian Army applications are invited from Female candidates ( only ) for admission to 4 years B.Sc. ( Nursing ) course commencing in Jul / Aug 2015 at Colleges of Nursing and 3½ years Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery course commencing in Sep 2015 at Schools of Nursing of Armed Forces Hospitals.
Indian Army BSc ( Nursing ) / General Nursing & Midwifery Interview Dates 2015
BSc ( Nursing ) / General Nursing & Midwifery Written Exam Mark Details
Based on the merit cum choice ( subject to vacancy in each College / School ), the candidates will be awarded admission in either Colleges of Nursing or Schools of Nursing. Selected candidates shall execute an agreement / Bond to serve in the Military Nursing Service ( MNS ) for 5 years. On successful completion of Nursing Training ( 4 / 3½ years ), the candidates will be granted permanent / short service commission in the Military Nursing Service, under the terms and conditions laid down for grant of such commission. They shall have to refund the entire cost of training in the event of withdrawal from the course, termination of training or refusal to accept commission in the MNS, if offered. During training they will be provided with free ration, accommodation, uniform allowance and monthly stipend as per existing terms and conditions as amended from time to time.
Subsequent to passing the final year University examination for B.Sc ( Nursing ) course and DGAFMS Examination for General Nursing and Midwifery course, all candidates will be offered a commission in the Military Nursing Service. The date of declaration of result from respective Universities will be the date of commissioning for the candidates passing out of Colleges of Nursing and the date of completion of course will be the date of commission for candidates passing out from Schools of Nursing. The date of commission determines the date of seniority in service among all candidates who have joined the course in the same year. The tentative month of declaration of result of the existing 05 Colleges by the Universities and 02 Schools of Nursings is as given in the table below :
|S.No||Name of Institution||No of Seats Available||Choice of Centre in Order of Preference ( 1 to 7 )||Tentative Date of Declaration of
|1.||*CON, AFMC Pune||40||August / September|
|2.||CON,CH ( EC ) Kolkata||30||August / September|
|3.||CON, INHS Asvini||30||July / August|
|4.||CON, AH ( R&R ), New Delhi||30||July / August|
|5.||CON, CH ( CC ), Lucknow||40||September / October|
|6.||**SON,CH ( AF ) Bangalore||20||March|
|7.||**SON, CH ( WC ), Chandimandir||20||March|
*CON – College of Nursing, **SON – School of Nursing, ** Case being processed to upgrade Schools to Colleges of Nursing.
2. Indian Army Nursing / GNM 2015 Course Eligibility Conditions
- Female candidates who are unmarried / divorcee / legally separated or widow without encumbrances.
- Nationality : Indian.
- Date of Birth : Between 01 Aug 90 to 31 Jul 98 ( both days inclusive ).
- Indian Army Nursing / GNM Educational Qualification 2014 : Should have passed the XII standard / equivalent examination, as a regular student in all the subjects ie PCB as elective subjects and not optional and vocational ( in both theory and practical ) and English, in First attempt from a recognised Board / University, with minimum of 50% aggregate marks ( PCBE ). Those who have passed such examinations as private students or with compartment in any subject or candidates from open schools are not eligible.
Candidates who will be appearing for final year of qualifying examination during the current academic session may also apply provisionally. The candidates finally selected for the course will have to submit proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite subjects and marks before joining the course.
- Indian Army Nursing / GNM Physical Standards 2014 : Medical fitness for Indian Army Nursing / GNM will be determined as per standards applicable for commission in the Armed Forces. X – Ray examination of Chest and USG ( of abdomen & pelvis ) will be done. Minimum height should not be less than 148 cm ( relaxed by 5cm in case of north East candidates ). Details of Indian Army Nursing / GNM medical standards 2014 can be seen in the Indian Army website http://indianarmy.nic.in or www.indianarmy.gov.in.
- Indian Army Nursing / GNM Selection 2014 : Eligible applicants will be called for an objective type Indian Army Nursing GNM written test 2015 of 90 minutes duration, covering General English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Intelligence, likely to be held in Feb 2015. Candidates as per merit on the basis of written test will be called for interview during April 2015. Final selection will be based on combined merit of written test & interview, subject to medical fitness. Admissions to Colleges of Nursing / Schools of Nursing will be offered in accordance with the merit cum choice subject to vacancy in each College / School of Nursing.
- Indian Army Nursing / GNM Medical Examination 2014 : After the Indian Army Nursing GNM interview 2015, the recommended candidates will appear for medical examination before a Special Medical Board ( SMB ). Candidates declared fit / unfit will be informed by the president of the medical board including the procedure of requesting for appeal / review medical board.
- Indian Army Nursing / GNM Written Examination Centres : Bangalore, Chandimandir, Chennai, Danapur, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Secunderabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Ezhimala ( Cannanore ) and Wellington.
Note : If the number of candidates is inadequate / more than a capacity of a centre, the candidates opting for that centre will be allotted the centres of their second / third choice or any one of the above, mentioned centres as per the administrative feasibility. No correspondence / requests regarding change of centre from any candidate will be entertained.
- Indian Army Nursing / GNM 2014 Application Form :
- Indian Army Nursing / GNM Course Applications 2014 to be typed in block letters on A4 size paper as per the format given in Indian Army advertisement 2014 with passport size photo attested and duly pasted in the space provided.
- Indian Army Nursing / GNM Applications 2014 received on newspaper cutting or its photocopy will not be accepted.
- The self attested true copies ( no originals ) of the list of enclosures to be attached with the application is as follows :
- Matric / equivalent certificate for DOB.
- Mark Sheet of Senior Secondary ( 10 +2 ) / equiv. exam. In case, subject codes and maximum marks are given on rear side, copy of both sides is essential. Science Stream with Physics, Chemistry, Biology as elective subject and English for candidates appearing in qualifying examination ( i.e. 10+2 / equiv exam ).
- Caste certificate of SC / ST candidates only.
- Gap certificates, in case the time gap between 10th & 12th class is more than two years, from concerned School / College that candidate passed Sr Secondary Exam in the first attempt as a regular student.
- Admit card on A4 size paper ( 03 copies ) with passport size photo ( without attestation ), duly pasted in the space provided. The application is liable to be rejected if the photographs are not pasted / loosely affixed and get detached while in transit / handling.
- Three self addressed envelopes ( Pin code compulsory ) of good quality of size 28 cms x 12 cms. ( Two envelopes with postal stamps of 39/- each for speed post and one envelope with postal stamp of 7/- ).
- In case of widows / divorcees, an affidavit stating that you are issueless.
- In case of divorce, legal documents and an affidavit that the matter is not under consideration with the higher court. The documents should be neatly tagged along with the application. Identical photos taken recently should figure on applications & admit cards and should be pasted and not stapled.
- No objection certificate from present employer, if employed.
Note : Office of DGMS – 4B will not be held responsible for loss of any documents while handling at any stage. The selection of the candidate for B.Sc ( Nsg ) / GNM course will however be subject to producing of the original mark sheet / certificate of the qualifying examination i.e. 10 +2 or equivalent before final selection and meeting all other eligibility criteria. The selected candidates if found not in possession of documents / mark sheets as per eligibility criteria, at the institution in which they report, the admission is liable to be cancelled. In such cases no TA will be applicable.
- Last Date for Indian Army Nursing / GNM Application Form 2014 : Completed application forms should reach Integrated Headquarters of MoD ( Army ), AG’s Branch, DGMS – 4B, Room No 45,’L’ Block, New Delhi – 110 001 by 5 PM on 10 November 2014. Applications received after the date, will be neither opened nor entertained. This office will not be held responsible for any postal delay.
- The aforesaid conditions are subject to modification without notice, if deemed necessary.
- No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates with regard to either the receipt of applications / status of applications / details or reasons of rejected applications. Roll numbers of eligible candidates called for written test and Interview, will be uploaded in the Indian Army website www.indarmy.nic.in / www.indarmy.gov.in in the month of Feb / Mar 2015 respectively.
- Reasons for Rejection of Application are incomplete applications, documents submitted at a later stage, non-attestation of photograph on application form, non attachment of copy of Matric Certificate, submission of more than one application, application not signed by candidate, admit card photograph if attested and non enclosure of self addressed stamped envelopes ( 03 ).