Officer Training Academy, Chennai
Last Date for Receipt of Application : 18th August 2008
- Indian Army Applications are invited from unmarried female, issueless widow, issueless divorcee and widows (with children) of Defence Personnel’s only for grant of Commission to the Indian Army. Minimum educational qualifications, vacancies, age and percentage are as given below:
|Qualification||Age Limits||Born between||Percentage||Entry/ Code||Colour of Application|
|BE / B Tech Civil Engineering||(20-27 yrs)||From 02 Oct 82 to 01 Oct 89||Pass||52(1)||Yellow|
|BE / B Tech Arthitecture||(20-27 yrs)||From 02 Oct 82 to 01 Oct 89||Pass||52(2)||Yellow|
|BE / B Tech Computer Science Engineering / IT||(20-27 yrs)||From 02 Oct 82 to 01 Oct 89||Pass||52(3)||Yellow|
|BE / B Tech Electronics & Communication Engineering / Tele Communication||(20-27 yrs)||From 02 Oct 82 to 01 Oct 89||Pass||52(4)||Yellow|
|BE / B.Tech Electronics / Electrical||(20-27 yrs)||From 02 Oct 82 to 01 Oct 89||Pass||52(5)||Yellow|
|Entry for Widows of Defence Personnel with Four (04) Year Relaxation|
|Graduate in any discipline||-||-||Pass||53(1)||White|
|BE / B Tech in streams as notified above||-||-||Pass||53(2)||White|
Note: Final distribition of vacancies for different category of qualifications will be decided by Army Hqs based on requirement.
- Candidates studying in the final year / semester, of Technical Degree examination, (BE / B.Tech) can also apply but they will be required to submit proof of passing by 16 Feb 2009 positively to
Recruiting Directorate (Women Entry)
West Block-Ill, R.K. Puram
Candidates studying in the final year / semester must note that acceptability or otherwise of applicant depends on submitting certificate from the principal. In case they fail to submit the proof of having passed the said degree latest by 16 Feb 2009 candidature will be cancelled notwithstanding performance in SSB.
Please also note that no such provision exists whereby your candidature can be considered for next course.
- Ante Date Seniority: Two years ante date seniority will be applicable for Women Officers having recognized Engineering degree (BE / B.Tech) and commissioned into ENGINEERS, SIGNALS AND EME.
- These vacancies are tentative and may be changed depending on availability of training slots.
Note: A candidate is permitted to apply only for one entry / discipline for above course. Change of entry / qualification choice will not be entertained. Candidates are advised to send only one application. Forwarding of double applications will result in outright rejection of applications and the candidature of such candidates will be cancelled.
- Widows of Defence personnel, including those with children, who have died in harness will be eligible to apply for Short Service Commission (Tech) and (Non Tech). A total of 5% vacancies will be earmarked for widows both for SSC (Tech) women and SSC (Non-Tech) women. A maximum of 2.5% each of vacancies will be earmarked for SSC (Tech) and SSC (Non-Tech) women. For SSC (Non-Tech) Women Course Sri No. 03, total vacancy is 15 as per UPSC notification No. 02 / 2008-CDS-l published in the Employment News dated 29 September 2007.
Hence, total vacancy for War / Battle Casualty Widows in Non-Tech stream is 01. In case of non-availability of SSC (Tech) women officers to cater for 2.5% vacancies, the remaining vacancies can be filled by SSC (Non-Tech) women officers and vice versa. They will be eligible only if they have not remarried. The unfilled vacancies will revert to the category other than that of widows. Upper age limit will be relaxable upto four years in respect of such candidates. A copy of death certificate and part-ll order is to be enclosed. The envelop containing the application should be Superscribed in Red ink indicating clearly the name of the officer with rank.
For example, Widow of late……, Candidates may apply directly to AG’s Branch, ADG Recruiting, Army HQ, provided they possess the laid down educational qualification and selection criteria.
- Conditions of Eligibility
- Nationality: A candidate must either be
- a citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- Tibetan origin but of Indian domicile, whose parents entered India as refugees prior to 1st January 1962 with intention of Permanently settling in India.
- a person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and East African countries like Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambi, Malawai, Zaire, Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of Permanently settling in India.
- Indian Army Physical Standards:
- Height & Weight: The minimum acceptable height and weight for women candidate is 152 cm and 42 kg. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height will be relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduce height.
- Visual Standards:The minimum acceptable visual acuity are: Distant vision (corrected) better eye 6/6, worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 5.5 including Astigmation. Candidates who have undergone or have evidence for having undergone Radial Karatotomy to improve the visual acuity will be permanently rejected. Candidates who have undergone Lasik Surgery for Correction of reflective error are NOT acceptable.
- To be passed fit, a candidate must be in good physical and mental health free from any disability likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duty.