Indian Army 115th TGC Course 2012
1. Indian Army invites application from Engineering Graduates Married / Unmarried Male including temporary Central / State Govt. servants, serving personnel of the regular Army and Territorial Army ( including officers of Territorial Army ) and serving personnel of Navy and Air Force for grant of permanent commission in the Indian Army.
- Streamwise Indian Army vacancies are as given below :
Qualification Vacancies Civil ( including Mining / Construction ) 27 Electrical ( including Electrical & Electronics ) 08 Mechanical ( including Industrial / Industrial Engg & Management ) 08 Automobile Engg / Workshop Technology 01 Production ( Including Manafacturing / Metallurgical / Metallurgy Explosives ) 02 Rubber Technology / Plastic / Textiles 01 Electronics ( including Electronics & Instrumentation / Micro Electronics & Microwave / Opt Electronics ) 04 Communication / Telecommunication ( Including ECE / Electronics & communication ) 06 Architecture / Building Constr Technology 02 Computer Science & Engg / Computer Science / M.Sc ( Computer ) 01
TGC - 115 for Army Education Corps ( Men ) - M.A in English / Economics / History / Music / Geography / Political Science / M.Sc ( Physics / Maths ) Post Graduate Degree ( M.A / M.Sc ) 1st or 2nd div 02 Foreign Language ( Post Graduate Degree M.A ) Post Graduate Degree ( M.A ) 1st or 2nd Div. in any of the following subjects Chinese, Tibetan, Burmese, Pushto, Dari, Arabic and Sinhala 02 TGC ( Military Farms ) Degree dairy Agriculture 02
Note : These vacancies in Indian Army are tentative and may be changed depending on availability of Indian Army training slots.
- Indian Army Age Limit :
- For Engineering Graduates – 20 to 27 yrs ( Born between 02 Jul 85 to 01 Jul 92 ).
- For AEC – 23 to 27 yrs ( Born between 02 Jul 85 to 01 Jul 89 ).
- For Military Farms – 20 to 27 yrs ( Born between 02 Jul 85 to 01 Jul 92 ).
- Educational Qualification for Technical Graduate Course :
- For Engineers : Candidates studying in the Final Year of Engineering Degree and who are qualified graduates of the Degree Course in Engineering will be eligible to apply. The qualified graduates of the Degree Course must possess Engineering Degree at the time of joining training. The candidates studying in the final year of Degree Course, if not already in possession of the Degree Certificate should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at IMA. Such candidates will be inducted for Indian Army Technical Graduate Course training at IMA on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training for Indian Army as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
- For Army Education Corps : M.A / M.Sc Degree in 1st or 2nd division from a university recognized by AIU in English / Economics / History / Music / Geography / Political Science / Physics & Math.
- For Military Farm : A degree in dairying or a degree in Agriculture from a recognized university with dairying as one of the subjects or an equivalent foreign qualification in Agriculture ( Preference will be given to those who hold M.Sc degree or have carried out research in Dairying of Fodder Crops ) ( AI105/61 ).
2. Indian Army Eligibility Conditions
- Nationality : A candidate must either be :
- a citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- Tibetan origin but of Indian domicile, whose parents entered India as refugees prior to 1st January 1962 with intention of Permanently settling in India.
- a person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka and East African countries like Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambi, Malawai, Zaire, Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of Permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidate who are Gorkhas subject of Nepal.
- Candidates withdrawn from IMA / OTA / Naval Academy / Air Force Academy on disciplinary ground are not eligible to apply.
- Indian Army Physical Standards :
- Height & Weight : The minimum acceptable height and weight for men is 157.5 cms with correlated weight. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height will be relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
- Visual Standards for Indian Army : The minimum acceptable visual acuity are : Distant vision ( corrected ) better eye 6/6, worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 3.5 including Astigmation. Candidates who have undergone or have evidence for having undergone Radial Karatotomy to improve the visual acuity will be permanently rejected. Candidates who have undergone Lasik Surgery for Correction of reflective error are not acceptable.
- To be passed fit, a candidate must be in good physical and mental health free from any disability likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duty.