1. IAF – Unmarried Outstanding Sportsmen for Group ‘Y’ Trades 2012
Recruitment of Sportsmen in Indian Air Force
Direct Recruitment of IAF Unmarried Outstanding Sportsmen against Sports Quota in Indian Air Force in Group ‘Y’ Trades.
Indian Air Force invites applications from Unmarried Outstanding Sportsmen ( only Male-Indian citizens ) for selection as Airmen in Group ‘Y’ Trades in following sports discipline : Athletics, Aquatics, Archery, Basketball, Boxing, Best Physique, Cricket, Cycling, Cross Country, Cycle Polo, Shooting, Football, Handball, Gymnastics, Golf, Hockey, Kabaddi, Lawn Tennis, Squash Racket, Volleyball, Weight Lifting, Wrestling.
2. Eligibility for IAF Recruitment 2012 :
|Educational Qualification||Sports Achievements|
|Minimum Intermediate / 10 +2 passed with Science, Arts or Commerce subject or equivalent vocational courses. Vocational courses conducted by CBSE and Kerala Board recognized by Assocation of Indian University ( AIU ) only are eligible.||(i) Individual should have represented the country in Junior International meets in any of the above mentioned sports discipline.|
|(ii) Individual should have attained the standard of fifth place in the Junior National Championship or Inter University Championship in above mentioned sports discipline.|
|(iii) In team events, the individual should have represented state in Junior National Championship and National School Tournaments conducted by School Games Federation of India ( SGFI ) in above mentioned sports discipline.|
|Minimum Matriculate / 10th||Represented India at International level.|
3. Age Limit for IAF 2012 : Born between 27 Oct 1990 to 27 Mar 1995 ( both days inclusive ).
4. IAF Medical Standards 2012 :
- Height : Minimum acceptable height 152.5 cm.
- Chest : Minimum range of expansion 5 cm.
- Weight : Proportionate to height and age.
- Vision : Minimum visual standard. Unaided 6/36, corrected to at least 6/9 for each eye with spectacles, Dioptectric power not exceeding + or – 3.5 Dioptres in any axis. Full fieled of vision and Detective safe colour vision CP-II / III. ( Candidates should bring latest prescription and spectacles for corrected vision, if used ).
- Corneal Surgery ( PRK / LASIK ) is not acceptable.
- Hearing : Candidates should have normal hearing i.e. able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters with each ear separately.
- Dental : Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum – 14 dental points.
- Health : Candidates should be free from Medical or Surgical deformity. He should be free from all communicable diseases and skin ailments. Candidates must be physically and mentally FIT to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain. The candidates are advised to get wax removed from their ears and tartar and stains removed from their teeth before appearing for selection trials.
Terms and Conditions for IAF Unmarried Outstanding Sportsmen 2012
5. Tenure : Enrolment is for an initial period of 20 years extendable up to the age of 57 years.
6. Training in IAF : Indian Air Force Training period, is of 24 weeks for Group’ ‘Y’ Non-tech trades. IAF Training is however liable to be terminated at any time if the trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit.
7. IAF Pay & Allowances : During IAF training, a stipend of 8,550/- per month will be paid. On completion of Indian Air Force training, starting gross emoluments at the minimum of scale of pay including Dearness Allowance ( DA ) will be 16,213/- per month ( approximately ) and, which, in subsequent year, may rise upto 31,233/- per month as per Sixth Pay Commission depending upon the rank attained. Other allowances such as Transport allowance, Composite Personnel Maintenance allowance ( CPMA ), Leave Ration allowance ( LRA ), Fly / PJI allowance ( If applicable ), Family Planning allowance ( If applicable ), HRA etc. and also admissible to Airmen.
8. Promotion in IAF : Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Warrant Officer ( MWO ). Opportunities to become Commissioned Officer also exist for those Airmen who qualify the prescribed IAF 2012 examinations, later during their service career.
Selection Procedure in Indian Air Force 2012
09. IAF Selection Trials : Eligible candidates will be sent call letters for selection trials. The date and venue will be mentioned in call letters.
10. Selection trials will be conducted in following phases :
- Physical Fitness Test ( PFT ) : PFT consists of a 1.6 Km run to be completed within 8 minute. Candidates completing the PFT in less than 7 minutes SO seconds will be awarded additional marks on a sliding scale Candidates are advised to bring their sports kit / playing kit / sports shoes and shorts.
- Only PFT pass : candidates would be called for sports skill trials.
- Candidates who qualify in PFT and IAF selection trials for the game applied will be called for IAF 2012 interview.
- Recommends in Indian Air Force IAF Interview will appear in Medical Examination conducted by Air Fore Medical Team as per IAF medical standards.
General Instructions for IAF Unmarried Outstanding Sportsmen Recruitment 2012
- The decision of Selection Committee / Air Force Sports Control Board in all matters relating to eligibility acceptance or rejection of IAF 2012 application etc, will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Indian Air Force Sports Control Board reserves the right to short – list the Indian Air Force 2012 applications.
- Candidates must appear in the selection trials at New Delhi.
- Requests for change of venue for IAF selection trial or date of selection trial will not be entertained.
- However in case of non – availability of sports infrastructure of a particular sports in Delhi, AFSCB reserve the right to hold trials outside Delhi. Intimation / call letters would be sent accordingly.
- Candidates not reporting for the trial on due date and time will not be accommodated on other dates / shifts.
- Incomplete Indian Air Force applications will be rejected.
- Candidates should be prepared to stay for at least three to four days in Delhi / place mentioned in call letter for which they have to make their own arrangement. No allowances will be given by Air Force for selection trials.
- Candidates who are less than 18 years of age on the date of trial should get the consent form, duly signed by their parents / guardian while coming for the selection trial. ( The IAF format of the consent form is given in the Indian Air Force advertisement ).
- Para 6 of the application format for Indian Air Force, if applicable, is to be filled with Red Ink.
12. Application Form for IAF 2012 : Indian Air Force Application should be on A4 size paper only in the prescribed format Non – standard application forms will be rejected. The following are to be sent along with the IAF 2012 application.
- Three copies of unattested recent ( not older than three months ) passport size Colour Photograph ( front portrait without headgear except for Sikhs ), One of which is to be pasted on the Indian Air Force 2012 application form and the other two are to be stapled to the top left comer of the IAF application form. The photograph is to be taken with candidate holding a black slate front of his sheet with his name, date of birth and date of photograph clearly written it with white chalk in capital letters. Photographs should be only on good quality ” Photo Paper”.
- Attested copies of matriculation certificates in support of Date of Birth Attended copies of Marks Sheet & certificates of Educational Qualification along with attested copies of Sports achievements certificates.
- One unstamped self – addressed 24 cm x 10 cm white Envelop of good quality stapled / pinned with the IAF 2012 application form.
13. Candidate are to bring with them the following at the time of IAF selection trial.
- Four copies of photograph same as submitted with the Indian Air Force application.
- Original Matriculation and 10th +2 certificates and mark sheets for verification of date of birth.
- Original certificates regarding sports achievements.
- Character certificate
- Sport Kit
14. ( a ) Columns. All the columns in the IAF Unmarried Sportsmen applications should be filled in capital letters. Do not split words. Fill para1, Name of the candidates and Para – 3 ‘ Date of Birth ‘.